Is the "other site" done for good? (Merged)

thepeak

[quote name='MightyMark' post='2036613' date='Oct 30 2009, 11:50 PM'][quote name='drpurpell' post='2035928' date='Oct 30 2009, 05:59 PM'][quote name='MightyMark' post='2035597' date='Oct 30 2009, 07:28 PM']ridicule would be for comments made by handicappers to +3players or teachers.[/quote]

allegedly plus handicappers/teachers ;)
[/quote]
Not alleged. I know for a fact. At least in the case of one.
It is amazing, how the [b]uninformed will over zealously impart their truly believed misinformation[/b], and argue with contempt for those that disagree.....but really do know.
Every [b]hacker will explain, in vivid detail to anyone within earshot, whatever he is currently working on. Most of the time, it won't hold up, he hasn't got a clue![/b]
Some of the best information, given freely by a professional, will be [b]attacked by an argumentative hack because he likes to hear/see his own words[/b]. Granted this is a stretch,
but would that same hack argue with Harmon, Leadbetter or Toski? There are some truly knowledgeable professional, on both websites, willing to impart information. When challenged or
attacked, I'm afraid the typical response will be "why should I bother". The rest of us then lose out. and we are left with a website of [b]argumentative hacks.[/b] I hope not.
[/quote]

Full of generalizations as well. You are aware of one person, not a ringing endorsement. I agree with you that there are some who will argue with contempt. I however see a little of the condescension in your post that I referenced in my post and that's where you have to be careful. People don't like to be talked down to. These words are highlighted. If people aren't free to present an honest question to someone who claims to be a golf teacher and expect a respectful response then what's the point? I guess we should just keep our "hack" mouths shut? It's high handicapper, not hack. That's just politically correct. :friends:

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So server outage, to server migration to some sort of data issue? I'm not convinced. Things have looked fairly grim over there for a while. Reduced activity in the [i]Tour Issue + Super High End Equipment[/i] forum, significant reductions to their portfolio of products and some really desperate competitions/giveaways looking to stimulate business. Something is up.

The [i]Tour Issue + Super High End Equipment[/i] forum use to move pretty quickly, LOTS of discussion about what the big manufacturers had in the pipeline and what new products were in play on tour. Lately though it has been really slow; just a few new topics a week with a fortnightly post featuring photos of [i]some[/i] (all) of the products BSG customers had been buying - by the looks of things, not many. Likewise I've not seen one new Adams, Callaway or Fujikura product, or any other product for that matter, added to their portfolio for some time now, years even. I seriously doubt wether these brands are onboard with BSG anymore, they certainly don't issue press release/statements via the forums like they use to. From what I can see BSG basically deals exclusively in TaylorMade, Mitsubishi Rayon and Matrix now, that's it. Anything else they have is simply old-stock, leftover from years no past. Lastly the giveaways/promotions; you would think that the home of [i]Tour Issue + Super High End Equipment[/i] would have slightly more exotic giveaways than stock, standard, retail R9 460 TPs and stock, standard, retail Rescue TPs. For a place that is supposedly awash with tour heads, lime-green Oziks and matt-blue Diamanas, this struck me as a little desperate.

Time will tell.

[quote name='elrey23' post='2036682' date='Oct 31 2009, 02:34 AM'][quote name='MightyMark' post='2036613' date='Oct 30 2009, 11:50 PM'][quote name='drpurpell' post='2035928' date='Oct 30 2009, 05:59 PM'][quote name='MightyMark' post='2035597' date='Oct 30 2009, 07:28 PM']ridicule would be for comments made by handicappers to +3players or teachers.[/quote]

[/quote]
It is amazing, how the [b]uninformed will over zealously impart their truly believed misinformation[/b], and argue with contempt for those that disagree.....but really do know.
Every [b]hacker will explain, in vivid detail to anyone within earshot, whatever he is currently working on. Most of the time, it won't hold up, he hasn't got a clue![/b]
Some of the best information, given freely by a professional, will be [b]attacked by an argumentative hack because he likes to hear/see his own words[/b]. Granted this is a stretch,
but would that same hack argue with Harmon, Leadbetter or Toski? There are some truly knowledgeable professional, on both websites, willing to impart information. When challenged or
attacked, I'm afraid the typical response will be "why should I bother". The rest of us then lose out. and we are left with a website of [b]argumentative hacks.[/b] I hope not.
[/quote]

Full of generalizations as well. You are aware of one person, not a ringing endorsement. I agree with you that there are some who will argue with contempt. I however see a little of the condescension in your post that I referenced in my post and that's where you have to be careful. People don't like to be talked down to. These words are highlighted. If people aren't free to present an honest question to someone who claims to be a golf teacher and expect a respectful response then what's the point? I guess we should just keep our "hack" mouths shut? It's high handicapper, not hack. That's just politically correct. :friends:
[/quote]
People? It seems you are taking it personally. We, are free to present an honest question and expect a respectful response. You couldn't resist a response to my use of the word hack. Isn't
that a thinly veiled condescending tone? I really do not wish to argue at all. The fact is, the golfer you seemed to try and take to task at every word, is a tour quality player and long time
teacher. That is a ringing endorsement. Just a fact, I thought you should know. No response, please. I am happy the other website will be back, I enjoy the information and reviews, though
I do look closely at handicaps before taking technical advice. :friends:

I found it interesting that Derek had a few items on the BST here a few weeks back and not on BSG. I used to lurk over there often but got tired of the standard reply when a question was raised..."If you don't like it then go start your own site."

Titleist TSr 3 10°, Ventus Blue 6s
Titleist TSr 2 16.5°, Ventus Blue 7s

Ping G430 3, 4, 5 hybrid, Alta CB Black 70s

PXG 0317T 6-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80s
Vokey SM10 54° D, 60° D, Mitsubishi MMT 80s

L.A.B. Mezz.1 Max 35”, Accra

[quote name='MightyMark' post='2036765' date='Oct 31 2009, 05:50 AM'][quote name='elrey23' post='2036682' date='Oct 31 2009, 02:34 AM'][quote name='MightyMark' post='2036613' date='Oct 30 2009, 11:50 PM'][quote name='drpurpell' post='2035928' date='Oct 30 2009, 05:59 PM'][quote name='MightyMark' post='2035597' date='Oct 30 2009, 07:28 PM']ridicule would be for comments made by handicappers to +3players or teachers.[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
People? It seems you are taking it personally. We, are free to present an honest question and expect a respectful response. You couldn't resist a response to my use of the word hack. Isn't
that a thinly veiled condescending tone? I really do not wish to argue at all. The fact is, [b]the golfer you seemed to try and take to task at every word, is a tour quality player[/b] and long time
teacher. That is a ringing endorsement. Just a fact, I thought you should know. No response, please. I am happy the other website will be back, I enjoy the information and reviews, though
I do look closely at handicaps before taking technical advice. :friends:

[/quote]
I never took him to task over technical issues involving the golf swing, ever. I just didn't really enjoy his snarky tone, that's all. Taking it personally? Am I the only one who doesn't like being spoken to condescendingly? Highly doubt it. I'm glad that the site is supposedly coming back as well. I think I'll stay over here this time. Much better vibe. Good luck though.

[quote name='elrey23' post='2037106' date='Oct 31 2009, 11:35 AM']Still not up as of this post. That's like 6 days now.[/quote]

Don't worry. It'll be up soon. I just heard the problem was [s]changing servers[/s] [s]server issues[/s] [s]corrupt data[/s] [s]new website[/s] Halloween ghosts. It'll be up any minute now.

[b]Driver:[/b] TaylorMade Tour Issue M3 8.9*, Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.2 Tour Spec X
[b]3 Wood:[/b] Taylormade R15 15*, Fujikura Motore F1X
[b]Hybrid:[/b] TaylorMade M1 19*, Fujikura Speeder Evo 82H X
[b]Irons:[/b] Titleist 716 AP2 4-PW , Tour Issue TT DG X100
[b]Wedges:[/b] Yururi Gekku Raw 49*, 53* & 57* Nippon NS Pro Modus3 130X
[b]Putter: [/b]Scotty Cameron Futura 6M

This is getting good :D

Taylormade Sim 9° (set to 7°) - Fuji 53k X 

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 16° - Attas-T2 9x

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X

Cleveland ZipCore 50° - Tour S400
Ping Glide Pro Forged 54°/ Eye Toe 59°  - Tour S400
Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

[quote name='PixlPutterman ' post='2037173' date='Oct 31 2009, 01:14 PM']This is getting good :D[/quote]

I disagree, it's getting pathetic.

I think Gxgolfer should ban stage1350 and then lock this thread up.

The only thing this thread proves is that people on WRX are just as
lewd and crude as anyone ever has been on BSG. Sad.

REMINDER.

If there is a post someone finds "offensive", please hit the "Violation" button and it will be handled by a moderator. If you don't report it, then you have not voiced an opinion.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

[quote name='rebels68' post='2037196' date='Oct 31 2009, 12:25 PM'][quote name='PixlPutterman ' post='2037173' date='Oct 31 2009, 01:14 PM']This is getting good :D[/quote]

[/quote]
I can put up with the crudeness as that's present in the world at large but what I can do without is all the other crap that BSG had. I didn't even know who Dirty Sanchez was but based on your reaction I'm guessing it's you. Don't take it personal. That's the sage advice I was always given. That and always abide by the Costanza principle. (Petter, is that you?)

[quote name='Gxgolfer' post='2037218' date='Oct 31 2009, 01:40 PM']REMINDER.

If there is a post someone finds "offensive", please hit the "Violation" button and it will be handled by a moderator. If you don't report it, then you have not voiced an opinion.[/quote]

Sorry about that. I've never had to report anyone before.

Looks like editing of posts takes place here too. Sometimes it's needed.

Thanks Gxgolfer.

[quote name='rebels68' post='2037196' date='Oct 31 2009, 12:25 PM'][quote name='PixlPutterman ' post='2037173' date='Oct 31 2009, 01:14 PM']This is getting good :D[/quote]

[/quote]
Comment gone. Now that's speedy service.

[/quote]

There you go great idea, ban someone for stating an opinion. Sounds like BSG. If you have many of the same characters here that were over there why would it be different? With the exception of the mods and ownership of course.

[quote name='rebels68' post='2037240' date='Oct 31 2009, 12:48 PM'][quote name='Gxgolfer' post='2037218' date='Oct 31 2009, 01:40 PM']REMINDER.

If there is a post someone finds "offensive", please hit the "Violation" button and it will be handled by a moderator. If you don't report it, then you have not voiced an opinion.[/quote]

Sorry about that. I've never had to report anyone before.

Looks like editing of posts takes place here too. Sometimes it's needed.

Thanks Gxgolfer.
[/quote]
Yeah, posts get edited when an offensive remark is made. Not when someone talks bad about TM or Matrix though. One is heavy handed and the other is responsible running of a forum.

WRX is the best of all worlds, plenty of other sites are so "tight" that every post is the same thing because no other opinions are allowed. There are others that allow a "no holds barred" style of posting. If you cant handle it here, then I can gladly recommend a few forums for you.

edit: that was directed at no one in particular, just any that dont realize how good we may have it here

Taylormade Sim 9° (set to 7°) - Fuji 53k X 

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 16° - Attas-T2 9x

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X

Cleveland ZipCore 50° - Tour S400
Ping Glide Pro Forged 54°/ Eye Toe 59°  - Tour S400
Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

Ok now Im starting to feel really bad about this post. I just brought this post to enquire about whether BSG was "gone" or "temporarilry experiencing technical difficulties". I did not intend this to becomea lengthy posting on its merits or mud slinging. I love this site and certainly do not want to have it denigrated by anyone and certainly not any name calling. I would like this post to be terminated to avoid more nastiness

I think stage1350's posts are some of the most insightful posts around. He has proven to be knowledgeable about a variety of topics.

Titleist TSr 3 10°, Ventus Blue 6s
Titleist TSr 2 16.5°, Ventus Blue 7s

Ping G430 3, 4, 5 hybrid, Alta CB Black 70s

PXG 0317T 6-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80s
Vokey SM10 54° D, 60° D, Mitsubishi MMT 80s

L.A.B. Mezz.1 Max 35”, Accra

[quote name='Manchild' post='2037270' date='Oct 31 2009, 01:03 PM']So has anything actually been cleared up as to if and when BSG will be up again?[/quote]

I received a form email from Marcus and it basically went like this; they've had "severe" server issues and during all this they discovered the backup database was corrupt as well. Recovery of the website could take several weeks. It goes on to say that very shortly they will be launching a new website and online store to provide easy access to products. They know it's difficult but they are going to use this opportunity to add new features which will make BSG even better than before, yada yada yada. That's obviously paraphrasing but that's basically what was said.

[quote name='elrey23' post='2037383' date='Oct 31 2009, 03:39 PM'][quote name='Manchild' post='2037270' date='Oct 31 2009, 01:03 PM']So has anything actually been cleared up as to if and when BSG will be up again?[/quote]

I received a form email from Marcus and it basically went like this; they've had "severe" server issues and during all this they discovered the backup database was corrupt as well. Recovery of the website could take several weeks. It goes on to say that very shortly they will be launching a new website and online store to provide easy access to products. They know it's difficult but they are going to use this opportunity to add new features which will make BSG even better than before, yada yada yada. That's obviously paraphrasing but that's basically what was said.
[/quote]

can you copy-n-paste the email and post it here?

You can search "BSG Ban Markheardjr" and see why I was banned from BSG. Long story short, they suck. I know people that have known todd since he was selling comic books in Chicago. If you defend BSG then you are purely naive and ignorant to the true story and I truely hope you do some research and learn the truth. I will not lament the end of that site. Sounds like they will be back. I go there from time to time to see what BS line they are pushing these days. You can see I am a very early member here. GolfWRX is night and day in comparison. Free BST posts, almost noone gets banned, unless you do something illegal like fraud. Richard and Ryan are top notch, always give away free stuff, work hard to make this place great.

ps. Stage1350 has said nothing that would warrant a ban. and I would love to see the face on that guy that's going to try to type "GolfWRX" on BSG if and when it comes back up. I'm sure you will try to PM Todd for an explanation...please, by all means post what he says. "This is a business...bla bla bla." Blatant admission of bias and censorship.

Also, for the person that said a lot of these posts are personal...they are. Todd is a jerk. I said it. I believe it. It's my opinion and I would love if I can persuade you to agree with me. He has pissed off a fair share of people, including some of the moderators and senior members here on GolfWRX. A lot of them are much cooler and classy than I am. I have no problem voicing my distaste for Todd and his little empire. Just because I am not spending $3000, not posting that Matrix is the best shaft on the planet, and I don't drive a Lambo...um, you can still respect what I have to say. I have some connections to OEM's and the tour, I know more than some...not as much as others. I offer informed opinions and facts about golf equipment. Here on GolfWRX I don't have to walk on eggshells. I can post what I want. That's what a good forum offers...not censorship. Sure it's his site, but I think his ethics speak for the demise of his site and the overwhelming distain for the Todd...

TaylorMade Qi10 LS 9° w/ PX HZRDUS Gen4 Black 75 6.0

TaylorMade SIM ROCKET 14.5° w/ PX Handcrafted EvenFlow Black 75 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 3-19° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 4-22° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

Srixon ZU85 5 26° w/ PX RDX Smoke 100 6.5

Srixon ZX7 6-PW w/ Nippon Modus Tour125 X

Cleveland 588 RTX 52° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Srixon WG-706 56° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Scotty Cameron SSS Circle T Newport Beach w/ UST Frequency Filter

[quote name='TimeToFly' post='2037428' date='Oct 31 2009, 03:25 PM'][quote name='elrey23' post='2037383' date='Oct 31 2009, 03:39 PM'][quote name='Manchild' post='2037270' date='Oct 31 2009, 01:03 PM']So has anything actually been cleared up as to if and when BSG will be up again?[/quote]

[/quote]

can you copy-n-paste the email and post it here?
[/quote]
I would have no problem doing that but I don't know what the protocol is regarding that kind of thing

[quote name='Guia' post='2035549' date='Oct 30 2009, 03:06 PM'][b]I doubt that they are going under, they have a large following.[/b] They are of course very biased toward Taylormade, Miura, and Scotty. As far as prices for their tour equipment, it is ridiculous. There is no advantage in tour line equipment, and I can't believe that the metal properties are any different than off the shelf. At the same time if people want to pay BSG prices, and if they can afford it.....go for it. It is their money. :black eye:

There is a lot of good info on the site, I don't particularly want them to tank.[/quote]

A bunch of 16 year olds can only spend so much of their parents' money.

[quote name='rebels68' post='2037196' date='Oct 31 2009, 01:25 PM'][quote name='PixlPutterman ' post='2037173' date='Oct 31 2009, 01:14 PM']This is getting good :D[/quote]

[/quote]

What's sad is that everytime Todd is/was confronted by such things as facts and data, threads would be deleted. The guy's a fraud. Go ahead and ask him how his sports card/comic book whatever it was venture worked out.

[quote name='kal32473' post='2037523' date='Oct 31 2009, 05:29 PM'][quote name='rebels68' post='2037196' date='Oct 31 2009, 01:25 PM'][quote name='PixlPutterman ' post='2037173' date='Oct 31 2009, 01:14 PM']This is getting good :D[/quote]

[/quote]

What's sad is that everytime Todd is/was confronted by such things as facts and data, threads would be deleted. The guy's a fraud. Go ahead and ask him how his sports card/comic book whatever it was venture worked out.
[/quote]

I disagree. That may be irritating for sure, but, what's SAD is when someone makes a despicable
reference aimed at someone who is a first class individual. The poster stage1350 stepped over the
line of decency with his "Dirty Sanchez" comment. Do you guys even know what that refers to????
Go ahead and google it, you'll see. He should apologize for sure.

[quote name='rebels68' post='2037557' date='Oct 31 2009, 04:50 PM'][quote name='kal32473' post='2037523' date='Oct 31 2009, 05:29 PM'][quote name='rebels68' post='2037196' date='Oct 31 2009, 01:25 PM'][quote name='PixlPutterman ' post='2037173' date='Oct 31 2009, 01:14 PM']This is getting good :D[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I disagree. That may be irritating for sure, but, what's SAD is when someone makes a despicable
reference aimed at someone who is a first class individual. The poster stage1350 stepped over the
line of decency with his "Dirty Sanchez" comment. Do you guys even know what that refers to????
Go ahead and google it, you'll see. He should apologize for sure.
[/quote]
So allegedly defrauding people is irritating but what's really horrible is someone calling someone else a "dirty sanchez"? That kind of thinking defies logic. Look, name calling is not a good thing but he never referred to the guy except to call him the name so I doubt most people even knew who he was referring to. I know I didn't.