2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Morality For Sale - $35

teaz01

[quote name='Gawfman123' date='18 May 2010 - 03:58 PM' timestamp='1274194708' post='2450024']
It is amazing to me, that people are so set off about this.
[/quote]

To me too. On the BST-related amazement scale it's second only to the sheer number of people who are seemingly unable to follow clear, unambiguous instructions relating to the listing of items in the BST section.

Racking up 75 posts is hardly an insurmountable obstacle. It's relatively easy to achieve in a somewhat short space of time. To me, it's simply an arbitrary number that evidences the fact that a person respects the site and is willing to contribute to it. The BST is merely one aspect of a much larger site which has a primary function of acting as a forum for discussion of golf-related topics. That's the main reason GolfWRX is here. Not for the hawking of golf clubs. [i]It's not eBay[/i]. It's principally a discussion forum and, like all discussion forums, it requires people to post and partcipate in order to thrive. Asking people to contribute to a reasonable degree before availing themselves of the opportunity to start selling equipment via the BST section is a legitimate request from the administrators of a site like this and is hardly onerous. A minimum post count doesn't guarantee that the BST section will be free of scammers, but it does mean that some potential fly by night merchants will be weeded out and it also means that people who see GolfWRX purely or primarily as a way to offload their old gear quickly and conveniently are made to put a little bit in before they take anything away.

As far as fees go, the BST has been free for members to use for a long time. Now, it has been decided that a modest fee will be payable for the use of the BST function in certain circumstances. Five dollars[i] is[/i] a modest fee. It's less than the majority of golf-related sales on a site like eBay will attract in the form of seller's fees and it's hardly going to knock your returns for six when you factor it into your costs as an occasional or even frequent seller. If the fee is abhorent to you, you are, as always, free to do your trading elsewhere. I would have no issue whatsoever with paying up.

I don't use the BST section but I nonetheless applaud the decisions that the site admins have taken. I don't see either the token fees nor the minimum post count as being in any way unreasonable nor something that a fair-minded member of the site would (or should) object to. Do you care more about having a great site like GolfWRX to visit and enjoy every day? Or do you care more about getting shut of the driver you bought three months ago as quickly as possible and without having to fork out the cost of a pint of beer for the privilege?

Nike Ignite 410 10.5° Grafalloy Blue X

Nike T60 15° Fujikura Speeder 757 X

Titleist 913F 19° Mitsubishi Diamana BB 83X or Titleist 712U 2-iron 19° KBS Tour S

Titleist 712U 3-iron 22° KBS Tour S

Titleist 681 4-iron to 9-iron KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 48.08F Raw 49° KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 56.10M Raw 56° KBS Tour S

Ping Eye 2 Gorge L Wedge 60° KBS Tour S  &  Ping Anser 2

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that money comes from it classifies it as a revenue stream. Whether it's profitable or not is another matter and I can spin those numbers and it won't be positive or a money maker because potential traffic loss may negate any monetary gains. All you have to do is read the threads from members who requested these changes. The board management didn't wake one day and flipped a switch. I was being called a Nazi and Gestapo for having no alternative to post count and assailed by ClubWRX members who supported us for years.

If the policy needs to change in the future, then so be it. This was the compromise.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

For everyone who complains about the BST and it's rules, not just the OP. but this mantra of complaints is getting old. GX has said at least twice that He DOESN'T Like it either but this was member driven. Regardless, You have what can only be described as a luxury, provided at another persons expense, to post for sale items for free on this site with what can only be described as absolute MINIMAL effort. Now redbird you stoop to insulting the business sense of the owners of the site. That makes you sound not only petty, but fairly ignorant as well. (A simple perusal of eeeasy's WITB post should indicate he isn't some complete moron) All of this in response to what has admittedly been an imperfect solution to a problem that [b]can't[/b] be fixed perfectly short of closing it down. What was your solution to deter the scammers? based on what I read in this diatribe, You'd be howling if someone ripped you off. The bellowing from your soap box would then be "Do SOMETHING!! This must be stopped!"

If it were me whose time and money was invested in this site, I'd likely make the non sponsor part of the BST a totally private, invite only, and behind the scenes entity to avoid having to have what are essentially carpet bagers call me out for a minor change in what is otherwise a too damn good to be true situation. I suggest you all take your childish griping to ebay, where they not only do not give a damn about what you think, but never do you hear from the owner, addressing even a legitimate concern with patience and understanding in the face of baseless insults and personal attacks. I suggest that all of you whiners say "thanks for the opportunity to sell here while only asking for a modicum of participation, and sorry for being an a**."

But of course, that's just my opinion

EDIT I credited the OP as making a criticsm he did NOT make. That was my mistake as i was burning my dinner and typing at the same time. I noticed it quickly, fixed it, and to the OP my apologies.

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/365179-how-many-posts-should-a-member-have-to-be-able-to-post-a-bst-ad/

For all the people crying about this rule now, where the hell were you a month ago when this was being discussed?

You can complain all you want. There are more than enough avenues for you to still be able to peddle your wares. God forbid that the site actually ask you to give instead of continuously take by doing nothing but leaching off the BST.

Feel free to list on eBay, where $5 will not come close to covering the auction.

$5 sent to the site gives them your paypal address, shipping address, etc. These are all nice things to give to the police should you choose to be less than honest. If it were me, I'd make it $10 and 200 posts minimum.

BST is a privilege, not a right. Enough with the entitlement attitude.

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

[quote name='stage1350' date='18 May 2010 - 06:34 PM' timestamp='1274222095' post='2451226']

$5 sent to the site gives them your paypal address, shipping address, etc. These are all nice things to give to the police should you choose to be less than honest.
[/quote]

Or Twisted Nose Tony...

Seriously, I know a guy..

X________________________________ Sign Here

[quote name='stage1350' date='18 May 2010 - 06:34 PM' timestamp='1274222095' post='2451226']
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/365179-how-many-posts-should-a-member-have-to-be-able-to-post-a-bst-ad/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-post-a-bst-ad/[/url]

For all the people crying about this rule now, where the hell were you a month ago when this was being discussed?

You can complain all you want. There are more than enough avenues for you to still be able to peddle your wares. God forbid that the site actually ask you to give instead of continuously take by doing nothing but leaching off the BST.

Feel free to list on eBay, where $5 will not come close to covering the auction.

$5 sent to the site gives them your paypal address, shipping address, etc. These are all nice things to give to the police should you choose to be less than honest. If it were me, I'd make it $10 and 200 posts minimum.

BST is a privilege, not a right. Enough with the entitlement attitude.
[/quote]

Please don't say he!!-Thank you

Adams 9015D w/X con4,Ping G20 w/HD6& [color=#0000CD Mizuno JPX 900 5 & 7 woods,Mashie 3 & 4
Bridgestone J40 DPC’s & S3 Pro’s,Mizuno S7 54 & 58
[color=#FF0000]Bettinardi SS7, BC1,Ping Anser 1968 BeCu

[quote name='br61' date='18 May 2010 - 02:22 PM' timestamp='1274206970' post='2450566']
Come on guys, please give those mods a break. All they did was to set up what many members were asking for. They have a thankless job and 99% of the membership do not know what it's like to police any sites, how hard it's to please members(impossible!) and takes bulk of abuses that they don't deserve.

I know what it's like as I used to be a moderator and an administrator elsewhere. It's both a rewarding and really a sh!tty job at the same time.

So cut them some slack, please??? If you don't like it, well I'm sorry but those are the rules for membership's benefit and follow them.
[/quote]

This guy is awesome.

[quote name='Sakman' date='18 May 2010 - 05:41 PM' timestamp='1274218896' post='2451113']
Can someone please tell me why my BST ad was deleted?
[/quote]

[attachment=596333:guinness-brilliant.jpg]

Follow our Two Guys Talkin Golf (TG2) Podcast on Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud
 Click here to grab a new "circle" avatar

Hi,
Unfortunately, I missed the thread last week that asked for input on this subject or my OP would have been in there.
My original conclusion stands, in that, none of the rules enacted will be a determent for a thief.
I have no problem with GolfWrx charging for an add in the BST. EBay is 9% plus listing fees so depending on what or how much selling you intend, either payment option is a deal. Does 5% per $100 effect a criminal? Not likely, look at a pawn shop with fingerprints and serial numbers as security.
I am currently waiting for the next scam job on the BST. I assure you that no arbitrary number of required posts will stop someone who finds themselves on hard times and decides to step away from conventional means in order to eat.
I am certainly capable of spending more time on the boards and commenting to any given thread. I do not post unless I'm relating theory, experience, or idea. Having played for less than ten years, I rarely have any of the aforementioned to offer. I think there are many who fit my description. I see this as a separation in the membership and know from history the consequences.
Respectfully, Troy.

I guess some people needs to realize that whenever any potential criminals fork over $5 via Paypal, then GolfWRX has their names, paypal address, email address and either their physical or post office box address. Makes it easier to track them when a transaction goes bad.

63 yr old's Bag of Hacking Utensils

TM Qi10 9*, GD XC-6 stiff

Tour Exotics EXS 16.5 FW & 20 Hybrid

Qi10 Rescue 25* & 28* UST V2

TM P770 5-PW, DG120 S300

TM MG4 52* & 58* DG 120 S300

Odyssey Ai-One #7 Broomstick 46"

Too many threads

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/374542-new-rules-in-effect-and-clarification-of-rules-update-516/

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk