FT-3 Guys...come on in...

ckay

I have an FT-3 Tour 8.5 retail club coming in to me this coming week and would like to hear your feedback. I play an R5 and it does me very well, but I heard the FT is hot off the face so I figured I could take a gander.

Any other feedback you can give me?

Taylormade SIM2 MAX 9* AutoFlex 505xx 

Taylormade SIM 5 RIP X 85TX

Srixon ZX 20* Recoil 95X

Srixon ZX5 4-6 DGTI X100

Srixon ZX7 7-PW DGTI X100
Taylormade MG2 TW 52/56/60 S400 TI
Kevin Burns 9305LN LAGP One35

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#1 the driver is LONG, I am playing 10.5 TOUR ISSUE Neutral with a Diamana Ion 73-S in it and am hitting it about 5-15 yards further than a 9.5 R7 425 TP Tour with Rombax 75-X setup I had before. The driver is def hot off the face, def long, but I find it to be inaccurate b/c I cant feel where I hit the driver off of the face as opposed to the 425, and workability with it isn't as great either. I am a 3.2 index and like to be able to work the ball off the tee, maybe its the 460cc head versus the 425cc head who knows, dont get me wrong its a great driver and the longest I have hit to date retail or tour, but I am going back to a 425 TP tour setup and gettign rid of mine b/c frankly the 5-15 yards in distance gained doesnt overcome the accuracy I had before. Hope this helps, not trying to dissapoint, every player has a diff game, it just isn't setting up for my game as I would have expected, but have friends in my group that play the FT-3 and love it. Be sure to let us hear your feedback as well when you give it a try! :yahoo:

Thanks for the detailed feedback. I have an 8.5 Tour Neutral on a 757 Speeder X. Reason why I am contemplating the switch is because the 553 in my TP is a bit soft when I go after the tee ball. Anyway, I appreciate it...looking forward to it.

Srixon ZX 20* Recoil 95X

Srixon ZX5 4-6 DGTI X100

Everyone I've seen has gone up a degree in loft on their previous driver and are gaining distance. I went from a 7.5° R7 Tour Issue to a 9.5° FT-3 Tour neutral.

You can increase your launch and keep the spin low. Win, win.

The biggest pain is the shaft. Why do they have to make these clubs so annoying to work on? I just put a ProtoPYPE 80-X in mine. I hope it's the right combo because if not, I'll have to sell it and start over.

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

I have to agree with the increase in loft. I went from a 9.5 to a 10.5, but was able to keep the trajectory the same, low spin and high launch. This driver is 10 yards longer than anything I currentlly have hit. Good luck with your new stick.

Ping g430 10K w/ Ventus Red 6-S

TaylorMade iq10 5 Wood w/ TD-70-S

Taylormade Stage 2 Tour hybrid w/Fujikura Speeder HB-S

PXG 0317t w/steelfiber i95-S 5-PW

SM8. 52* & 58* TM High Toe

Lab Mezz...46”

Jones Players Bag
Taylormade TP5X

Everyone I've seen has gone up a degree in loft on their previous driver and are gaining distance. I went from a 7.5° R7 Tour Issue to a 9.5° FT-3 Tour neutral.

You can increase your launch and keep the spin low. Win, win.

The biggest pain is the shaft. Why do they have to make these clubs so annoying to work on? I just put a ProtoPYPE 80-X in mine. I hope it's the right combo because if not, I'll have to sell it and start over.

I have to agree with the increase in loft. I went from a 9.5 to a 10.5, but was able to keep the trajectory the same, low spin and high launch. This driver is 10 yards longer than anything I currentlly have hit. Good luck with your new stick.

I agree....i went up in loft and got 15 yards.....No real loss in accuracy tho.....

FT# is deep. period. hit it today on the opti fit system, and it was amazing. hit a 9.5 tour with diamana, v2, GD, and Fuji. It was so cool, because I could tell the slight differences from shaft to shaft. very nice club, and the sound really wasn't as bad as I have come acustom to. maybe it was because of the screwing in of the shaft. awsome club. :yahoo:

I second the poor feel, when you hit it you've got no idea where it came off the club face and as mentioned you can't work it. It's a balloon stick for me and I didn't see the 15 yards everyone is talking about., it'sa just an average

club... the X460 is a better driver.

It's waste of cash in my book

Keep 'em coming guys...everything sounds good so far. I am staying with an 8.5 since I am currently hitting a high ball right now and figured I may be able to drop down the trajectory with an 8.5 FT on a heavier shaft. As far as wasted cash...I'm paying 195 plus shipping with my PUD from Callaway with the Fuji 757 Speeder. Worse comes to worse, I sell it off on ebay, make a few bucks on it and try something else.

Srixon ZX 20* Recoil 95X

Srixon ZX5 4-6 DGTI X100

Great club. At address there is nothing really to distract you. Just nice and plain. The feel is weird at first but I have grown accustom to it and now actually enjoy the feedback I get. Very hot of the face. Low spin and hence drives seems to fly forever. I certainly think I have picked up 10 yards since switching from the Callaway BB 454 - this may also be due in part to swing changes. One thing I have noticed is accuracy. With this driver I hit really bad drives with a pleasing infrequency. I really cannot give enough praise to this club. In my view it's far and away the best driver available just now.

Titleist TS3 10.5° w/ Tensei AV 55 Stiff
Titleist TS2 16.5° w/ Tensei AV 65 Stiff
Titleist TS2 21° w/ Tensei AV 75 Stiff
Titleist U510 23° w/ Tensei Blue AM2 Stiff
Titleist 714 AP2 5-9 w/ XP 95 S300
Vokey SM8 46°, 50°, 54°, 60° w/ XP 95 S300
Scotty Cameron California Del Mar 34"

Keep 'em coming guys...everything sounds good so far. I am staying with an 8.5 since I am currently hitting a high ball right now and figured I may be able to drop down the trajectory with an 8.5 FT on a heavier shaft. As far as wasted cash...I'm paying 195 plus shipping with my PUD from Callaway with the Fuji 757 Speeder. Worse comes to worse, I sell it off on ebay, make a few bucks on it and try something else.

Okay, I was referring to new... you can try it out for yourself at no lose :yahoo:

Demo'd the FT3 neutral yesterday for 9 holes. The sound is kinda weird but it launches the ball high and long. After my initial drive with my SQ Tour on the second hole, I fell down on the FT3 and carried it about 10yds further with a high tight draw. If the sound is not an issue, this is definitely a good club.

As always, and regardless of manufacturer, get fitted for proper loft/shaft.

Still the longest out there.... trying to find a shaft combo with my HI-Bore to beat it... still consistently 2 mph slower ball speed then my FT-3....high bore is spinning more as well...

Woods : Callaway Razr TA, Titleist F3-05
Hybrid : Adams LSP XTD
Irons : Fourteen TC910 3&4I, Nike VRProCombo 5-PW
Wedges : Fourteen RM-11 54/60
Putter : Nike Method 003 Oven

Okay, I was referring to new... you can try it out for yourself at no lose :yahoo:

I paid 195 new...390 was the cost with the shaft upgrade, 50% Pro Use Discount(PUD), plus shipping, 203.50 :yahoo:

The general concensus seems to be that the FT-3 is a lower spinning driver...is that verified by a launch monitor? I'm very eager to give it a few rips when it comes in later this week. IMO, the R5 is still the best driver on the market followed by the 905R. Maybe the FT can knock that TM out of my bag for a little bit.

Srixon ZX 20* Recoil 95X

Srixon ZX5 4-6 DGTI X100

I decided to take advantage of the deal Callaway is running now where you get a free Fusion 3 wood with the purchase of an FT-3 driver. I hwaded down to the local golf store and got fitted. The Opti-Fit and LM results were a 9* Draw with the Prolaunch Blue 65S. I've always played regular flex in all my clubs and I wasn't sure about the choice until I played a round yesterday. This combo had me carrying bunkers and landing in fairways where I haven't been before. I'm hitting it very long and straight or with a slight draw. The ball explodes off the face and the sound doesn't bother me at all. I haven't experienced any balloning and I had some roll which was unusual because the fairways are soaked from several days of heavy thunderstorms. I can't wait for them to dry out to see how much roll I'll get then! I highly recommend this driver and if possible find a place with the Opti-Fit system to find the best combination. :yahoo:

Driver - Cleveland Launcher Turbo 10.5* Miyazaki 5R
Hybrid - Cleveland Halo #2 16* Miyazaki 6R
Irons - Cleveland CBX 4-PW Miyazaki 6R
Wedges - Cleveland CBX 50* & 54* Rotex
Putter - Cleveland Frontline Elevado
Ball - Srixon Z-Star

I have to agree with the above statements, if I wrote what I thought it would look almost exactly the same as some of the previous posts. The one thing that I stress is with this head, get fitted for the right shaft!!! The Opti-Fit system is awesome, and it allows you to hit the same exact head with every single different shaft. I think you'll find that it is a long driver, but some people just can't get along with other characteristics of it.

I hope its right, i went the same route with the free fusion 3 wood as well after reading on here how people compare the fusion 3 woods to tity 970's but this is about the driver. went 10.5 because when i hit got fit for a hibore my best launch was still around 11-12* and went v2 75x to keep the lefts to a min. i've had one of these before but with an accra 65 m4 at 44" which is too light, too short and too whippy for my swing. i gotta say though watching Phil hit one of these at the Open on sunday wasn't as good of a sales pitch as him using 2 of these to win the Masters, lol. let you know how it works when it comes in.

TBD - G430 Max 15* - 818 H2 19*- Sub 70 Pro 23* - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58* / 62*  - F22

I went and used the Opti-fit System. I am pretty sure I am going to order a 10.5 FT-3 Tour with an NV65. nothing could consistantly beat this combo. Distance and distrabution was awesome.

The real question is if it can knock the Cleveland Comp out of the bag.

Titleist 915D3 | Rogue Black 70
Titleist 915F | Rogue Black 80
Titleist 915H | Diamana D+ 90
Mizuno MP-53 | KBS Tour S
Cleveland RTX | DG S200
Taylor Made Ghost Spider

That's exactly what my FT-3 benched, my Cleveland Comp. Comp a very good driver but the FT-3 is just all world. I initially started with the regular model 10* but swapped it for a tour due to the slightly closed face. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the slightly open face of the tour. It flies a hair lower than before but just as long or longer and I have removed the left side of any course. I am such a miserable club whore especially with drivers, always shopping for something new & hot. Since getting this FT-3 tour I have not looked at a driver in 4 months, not one demo day, nothing. Took Callaway a while to make a 10.5* in Tour but it was worth the wait.

Callaway Paradym  9*  Kai Li White
Callaway Paradym  15*  Kai Li Red

Callaway Paradym  20*  Kai Li Red

Ping G425  22*  Alta CB
Ping G425  26*  Alta CB

Ping G425  30*  Alta CB
Ping G425   7 - SW   KBS C-Taper Lite
Odyssey Tank Marxman
Callaway ERC Soft Yellow

Who has used a Speeder 757 or a Diamana 83 X in this head and explain the Pro and Cons of it?

Matt

Ping G425 LST w Accra TZ6CB      M5 Rocket 14* Accra RPG 472    CBX119 18* EvenFlow Black 
Mizuno MP20 MMC w KBS $Taper     Mizuno T22  50, 54, 60 - DG TI S400     LAB Mezz1 Max    OldSkool Ping L8
#TeamJetSpeed - Dec 2013

I am currently playing the Callaway FT-3 9.5* Tour with the V2 76g in Stiff and just ordered the FT-3 10.5* Tour with the V2 76g Stiff as well as I am getting the free Fusion 13* with the V2 shaft as well. This driver is by far the best driver I have ever hit. The funny thing is, I like the feel and sound so much better then the ting of Ti heads. It feels and sounds a lot like the old persimmon heads of yesteryear. I ordered the 10.5* Tour with the same shaft to hopefully get my launch up a little during wet weather. Since I have started using the FT-3 I have not looked at any other driver in months and I doubt I will for quite a while. :yahoo:

Taylormade M1 9.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 70
Titleist 915 Fd 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 70
Callaway Apex Hybrids 20* & 23*
Callaway Apex Pro 16 5-PW Project X
Callaway MD3 54* & 58*
Odyssey Versa 1

Anyone had any experience with the FT-3 Tour with a Blue?

I picked one up on the cheap off of eBay today until I can get properly fit for a new one. Let me know!

Matt

Ping G425 LST w Accra TZ6CB      M5 Rocket 14* Accra RPG 472    CBX119 18* EvenFlow Black 
Mizuno MP20 MMC w KBS $Taper     Mizuno T22  50, 54, 60 - DG TI S400     LAB Mezz1 Max    OldSkool Ping L8
#TeamJetSpeed - Dec 2013

do any of you guys know how much lighter the ft-3 is to the 905S (head only)????

I guarantee there is going to be 5-6+ grams variances... you may find some 905's heavier and some lighter...

Woods : Callaway Razr TA, Titleist F3-05
Hybrid : Adams LSP XTD
Irons : Fourteen TC910 3&4I, Nike VRProCombo 5-PW
Wedges : Fourteen RM-11 54/60
Putter : Nike Method 003 Oven

• 2 weeks later...

Who has used a Speeder 757 or a Diamana 83 X in this head and explain the Pro and Cons of it?

Matt

I have one with a Speeder 553 (stiff), and it is phenominal. I, too, find it to be the longest driver I have tried. I easily picked up 10 yds on average (coming from a TEE). I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it with a 757.

I play the 3wd and 5wd with the 757 stiff, and they have a very nice feel to them.

Chris