Bashing TaylorMade...

DRRicks

[quote name='omeletpants.' timestamp='1284833556' post='2703210']
I think TM gets bashed because all their irons look like they were designed by NASCAR. My be cool for the teenage crowd but adults don't want all that crap on the back of their irons.
[/quote]

Funny that this was said. Yet so many on here defend the "new look" of the pro golfers that are out and there "style". When i was at the Barclays R Fowler looked like a Flying nun with that hair. Not to mention the "Skater boi style". Yet people defend him and others to the teeth.

I think the only people here doing the bashing are the ones who got sucked into the hype. They let the inner Ho take over and payed top dollar for something that 6 months down the road. Could have gotten for half.

[quote name='BENCHMADE' timestamp='1284838442' post='2703284']

Funny that this was said. Yet so many on here defend the "new look" of the pro golfers that are out and there "style". When i was at the Barclays R Fowler looked like a Flying nun with that hair. Not to mention the "Skater boi style". Yet people defend him and others to the teeth.

I think the only people here doing the bashing are the ones who got sucked into the hype. They let the inner Ho take over and payed top dollar for something that 6 months down the road. Could have gotten for half.

[/quote]I have never owned a TM iron. I wouldn't be able to get past all the people laughing at my bag.

[quote name='omeletpants.' timestamp='1284840803' post='2703315']
[quote name='BENCHMADE' timestamp='1284838442' post='2703284']

[/quote]I have never owned a TM iron. I wouldn't be able to get past all the people laughing at my bag.
[/quote]

The R9 irons are awesome dont see whats so funny about that, love how people make fun of TM when they have the best drivers and some really nice irons and wedges. Everybody can keep making fun of them and ill keep driving the ball right down the middle with my Supertri

Id rather praise the clubs I use instead of bashing those I don't, its an open forum so everyone has their say .. TM will always be on topic but guess what? if people who dont even play their clubs are talking about them, then they are doing their job right. If you talk about a company good or bad, the name is out there

I agree it gets old, but it's also a free country. I have bashed TM in the past and currently don't play any of their clubs. That is my choice and right as a consumer not to feed the TM machine anymore. TM does have great customer service though, much better than Adams. Adams is another company I wont play as I am not happy with them either. Once again my right as a consumer.

You can't censor people who bash TM every chance they get. This isn't Nazi Germany so don't get so bent out of shape about it. :)

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]10.5* PING G30 Tour 65S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]15* TM RBZ Matrix Ozik 7S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]18.5* TM RBZ Tour Matrix Ozik 7S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]21.5* Bio Cell Hybrid[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]5-AW Srixon z545 C-Taper Lite S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]PING Glide 54*SS, 58*TS[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]Taylormade DLL+ 36"[/color][/size][/font]

TaylorMade has a great business model and releases some really good golf equipment year in and year out. The more often they release new items, the more the older stuff gets discounted which trickles down to us. Why all the moaning and groaning. Too many whiners on here.

Ping G425 Max 9* Venus Red TR 5 Stiff

Ping G425 Max 7 wood Rogue 130MSI 80

Ping G425 Max 9 wood Ventus Blus 7S

Ping G710 4-PW

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Anser 2

[quote name='Brutus3' timestamp='1284841987' post='2703330']
Love how people defend them as if they are sponsored by them. WHO CARES?!
play what you want to play, and get over the insecurities of someone not liking your clubs. Hit em straight, then trade em in for the next one a month later! :black eye:
[/quote] Yes, the amount of whining by those defending TM boggles the mind. I bet some of them can't sleep at night because of it.

As long as youre aware that youre shiny, Brand new, game changing TM club, is going to be crap in a few months according to Taylormades newest press release.....then youll be just fiiiine.

Ping G25 w/ RIP Phenom
Adams Super LS Hybrid 17*
Adams SS Super Hybrid 19*
i20 4-UW
Taylormade TM-110
Cleveland CG14 56 & 60

[quote name='Brutus3' timestamp='1284898372' post='2704079']
By the way, the Penta is garbage. They were idiots to get rid of the TP Red's.
[/quote]

Yeah, this ticked me off as well, but they must have had their reasons. It's just like Mizuno, a company who I love, discontinuing their MX-300 irons after one year. Now, if I break or damage one, which I did this summer by hitting an embedded rock, I wont be able to find a replacement. Now I will have to buy new irons for 2011...what a bummer. :partytime2:

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]10.5* PING G30 Tour 65S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]15* TM RBZ Matrix Ozik 7S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]18.5* TM RBZ Tour Matrix Ozik 7S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]21.5* Bio Cell Hybrid[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]5-AW Srixon z545 C-Taper Lite S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]PING Glide 54*SS, 58*TS[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]Taylormade DLL+ 36"[/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='Brutus3' timestamp='1284898372' post='2704079']
By the way, the Penta is garbage. They were idiots to get rid of the TP Red's.
[/quote]
Could not disagree more but to each his own. Btw go to Walmart and you can still find TP reds from time to time.

What I do not understand about the complaints with their product cycle is that the way they do things if you are patent you can get great technology for close to nothing in a short time. Who really cares about the resell or "value" of your clubs if they work. Ping who used to be the exact opposite drove me nuts. We had 3 season old putters with shop wear you couldn't believe but we could not discount them due to Pings pricing policies.

M1 440 8.5 Project X Hzrdus Black
SLDR Mini 12 long neck black tie 80
x2 Hot 5 Deep 82x Diamana D+
Titleist 714 AP2 KBS Tour X
ATV Tour issue 54/58
XFT 50
Bettinardi Kuchar Model 1 Arm Lock

[quote name='King Kobra' timestamp='1284909240' post='2704197']
All club manufacturers make fine products in my opinion. Just because one company makes a slightly better product doesn't give anyone the right to bash another company.
[/quote]

Party pooper! LOL

Everyone can speak to their experiences with products they have used. It saves all of us money in the long run. I watch the reviews of certain posters that use similar equipment and their experience with equipment is a good litms test for whether that combo will work for me. If they think a clubhead or shaft sucks for their swing, I WANT to know it.

But whining about product cycles just makes you a d0uchebag. If you are worried about the value of your "investment" in golf equipment, sell your clubs and put your money in the market.

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

[quote name='Chunkylover77' timestamp='1284806689' post='2702868']
Yeah it's beyond tiresome. Even more tiresome is how clubs on here get absolutely slammed because they aren't bare iron with no markings whatsoever. How dare anything be in the cavity because it will mess the person up so badly that they won't be able to swing it. Or anything but a razor thin top line is chunky and shovel like. Callaways new line of clubs is apparently so evil the company will go down in flames and yet no one has even hit the clubs yet.
[/quote]

You forgot to mention how stock shafts are all garbage and useless.

Ping G400 Max 9.5
Ping G25 4 wood
Ping G400 22 degree
Ping G25 5-UW
Ping Glide ES 54, 56

Ping Sigma G Tyne

Doesn't TM release the same amount of clubs as others just in different cycles? I mean, Callaway is coming out with, what...6 or so new drivers in the upcoming releases (Hawk, Razr, Razr Hawk, whatever else)? TM has probably done about the same since Cally had their latest release.

They just don't have releases all at the same time, that's all. They have players irons, GI irons, and SGI irons as well as all those in drivers. They stage them out every 4-6 months, one at a time, instead of releasing everything all at once, just every two years. If you look at it, I think they release their GI irons probably about the same as everyone else.

Isn't it really all the same? Maybe I'm off here, but that's what it seems like to me.

FWIW, I have ZERO brand loyalty (check the sig for proof). Whatever works best for my game, that's what I'll play. They're not paying me to play their clubs, so why should I stick with one OEM if something else fits me better?

And hey BuckyBadger...dem boys better get it together if they're going to take the Big 10 this year. They've looked awful so far this year, and it's getting tougher and tougher to watch. I grew up just outside Madison so I'm a Cardinal and White guy too :D

Ping G400 Max UST Proforce V2
TM M5 15* UST Proforce V2
Callaway Apex UW 19* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black
Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Srixon ZX7 - 6-PW MMT 105
Edel SMS 50V/54V/58T Nippon 125
Odyssey MXM #1W

[quote name='hayzooos' timestamp='1285002515' post='2705612']
And hey BuckyBadger...dem boys better get it together if they're going to take the Big 10 this year. They've looked awful so far this year, and it's getting tougher and tougher to watch. I grew up just outside Madison so I'm a Cardinal and White guy too :D
[/quote]

They do look pretty bad so far. I lost some money giving 13 points last game. Hopefully they will get it together soon. I can't wait for the big Monday night game. Packers and Bears. YES!

[quote name='omeletpants.' timestamp='1284833556' post='2703210']
I think TM gets bashed because all their irons look like they were designed by NASCAR. My be cool for the teenage crowd but adults don't want all that crap on the back of their irons.
[/quote]
I may be one of the few to disagree, but I am an adult and I think that the SuperFast TP is one of the best looking drivers I have ever owned. I have a muddled bag of brands, but I play what I think works for me. I am not easily swung by marketing, but rather allow the clubs themselves to either work or not work for me. I still am playing a Sonartec 3 wood that is one of the best clubs in my bag, but when I do find a club that works I have no problem making a change regardless of the brand. In my book results speak louder than the backs or badging in the cavity that I cannot see when hitting anyway. Just my thoughts.

Driver. RBZ Tour TP 9 Kaili 70x
Three Wood: RBZ Tour TP 14.5 RIP Beta 70
Hybrid: Adams Super LS 19 Kuro Kage
Irons: TaylorMade 2014 CB 4,5, MC 6-PW
Putter: Odyssey Protype Black #9
Wedges: Vokey 53/10 and 59/7

• 8 years later...

Bash all you want people as who did you say won this years Masters and what equipment was he using?

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip