Stratton's WITB ~Red White & PING~ **NEW UPDATE VIDEO PAGE 18**

[quote name='Deerslayer' timestamp='1337197528' post='4926500']
Sooner, yes Austin Open is at the same course. We will see you there. Grey Rock is a fun place to be a member. Membership is mostly 30 somethings, so pretty young, and it shows. Not a stuffy place at all, they have a good time on and off the course there. Onion Creek is a really old established club. The members there probably average 60+. Different worlds as far as members go. Grey Rock has a good men's league and for the price, I think it is the best deal in Austin hands down. When you come for a visit, call us. PM me your number. Stratt can show you around. The head pro (Ryan Hodge) is like another son to me (and like Stratton's older brother) I can tell you that it is an easy decision. Grey Rock

[quote][color="#1c2837"][size="2"]So I have assume the OK Lite signing is a done deal?[/size][/color] [/quote]
LOL, yep done deal. It won't take you long to realize who Stratton is and where his allegiance is. When it comes to OSU, Stratton is ALL IN. Look at what he wore to the qualifier today>>>>
I can tell you when he wears all Puma with the monoline, it gets into other players heads. All the comments and outloud remarks make him bear down more and he gets it done with his sticks, not his mouth. [b][size="5"]Even if another school came in and offered him more than OSU, this kid would NEVER switch[/size].[/b] He is already a Cowboy in his mind.
His new plates on his car tell the story as well:
[/quote]

I'm curious what this means. I'm not in any way alleging anything, but with the NCAA the way it is now days these are the comments that get taken the wrong way. I'm guessing your referring to comfort level or something, but it jumped out at me...

[quote name='ajschn06' timestamp='1337220012' post='4928622']
Sooner, yes Austin Open is at the same course. We will see you there. Grey Rock is a fun place to be a member. Membership is mostly 30 somethings, so pretty young, and it shows. Not a stuffy place at all, they have a good time on and off the course there. Onion Creek is a really old established club. The members there probably average 60+. Different worlds as far as members go. Grey Rock has a good men's league and for the price, I thinok it is the best deal in Austin hands down. When you come for a visit, call us. PM me your number. Stratt can show you around. The head pro (Ryan Hodge) is like another son to me (and like Stratton's older brother) I can tell you that it is an easy decision. Grey Rock

[quote][color="#1c2837"][size="2"]So I have assume the OK Lite signing is a done deal?[/size][/color] [/quote]
LOL, yep done deal. It won't take you long to realize who Stratton is and where his allegiance is. When it comes to OSU, Stratton is ALL IN. Look at what he wore to the qualifier today>>>>
I can tell you when he wears all Puma with the monoline, it gets into other players heads. All the comments and outloud remarks make him bear down more and he gets it done with his sticks, not his mouth. [b][size="5"]Even if another school came in and offered him more than OSU, this kid would NEVER switch[/size].[/b] He is already a Cowboy in his mind.
[/quote]

I'm curious what this means. I'm not in any way alleging anything, but with the NCAA the way it is now days these are the comments that get taken the wrong way. I'm guessing your referring to comfort level or something, but it jumped out at me...
[/quote]

You know....extra gas money for his GT350, new tires, free wash and wax, and of course a garage at all times.

All kidding aside....He is talking about his scholarship package, not under the table money.

Good luck at sectionals guys!

[quote name='ajschn06' timestamp='1337220012' post='4928622']
Sooner, yes Austin Open is at the same course. We will see you there. Grey Rock is a fun place to be a member. Membership is mostly 30 somethings, so pretty young, and it shows. Not a stuffy place at all, they have a good time on and off the course there. Onion Creek is a really old established club. The members there probably average 60+. Different worlds as far as members go. Grey Rock has a good men's league and for the price, I think it is the best deal in Austin hands down. When you come for a visit, call us. PM me your number. Stratt can show you around. The head pro (Ryan Hodge) is like another son to me (and like Stratton's older brother) I can tell you that it is an easy decision. Grey Rock

[/quote]

[/quote]
Pretty sure he's referring to scholarship/financial aid money.

[quote][color="#1C2837"][size="2"]He is talking about his scholarship package, not under the table money[/size][/color] [/quote]
100% correct.
Recruiting was a stressful time and we are glad it is over. Stratton being a junior, he has now orally committed to play for Oklahoma State which is an oral agreement. In this phase, a player could change his mind, and a school could try to sway a player away, but I don't know if that has happened much in D1 golf. Once a player commits, other coaches respect that decision honor that oral agreement from what we have seen. Stratton received letters constantly over the last year from schools, once he committed, that went from multiple letters each week, to none in no time. He will sign a binding National Letter of Intent this coming fall. (November) His future coach can not even call or text him in the phase we are in right now. Stratton has to initiate the call. The coach can not even return a call if Stratton were to leave a message. It is VERY regulated and every single D1 coach we have talked too for the last couple of years went to lengths to abide by all of the rules. Golf is not like football, full scholarships in golf are about as rare as a unicorn in Texas, so in golf there are more negotiations when talking scholarships. Each D1 program has a TOTAL of 4.5 scholarships for their entire program. If a program carries 10 players, the average would be a 45% scholarship if the coach divided it evenly among all 10 players. There is a TON that goes into the decisions since they have available what graduates for the incoming class.

[quote][color="#1C2837"][size="2"]So how many speeding tickets has he gotten in that 350?[/size][/color][/quote]
First ticket he gets, and the car is mine for 3 months, no questions asked.

Good information in this post, thanks for that.[quote name='Deerslayer' timestamp='1337225172' post='4929216']
[quote][color="#1c2837"][size="2"]He is talking about his scholarship package, not under the table money[/size][/color] [/quote]
100% correct.
Recruiting was a stressful time and we are glad it is over. Stratton being a junior, he has now orally committed to play for Oklahoma State which is an oral agreement. In this phase, a player could change his mind, and a school could try to sway a player away, but I don't know if that has happened much in D1 golf. Once a player commits, other coaches respect that decision honor that oral agreement from what we have seen. Stratton received letters constantly over the last year from schools, once he committed, that went from multiple letters each week, to none in no time. He will sign a binding National Letter of Intent this coming fall. (September) His future coach can not even call or text him in the phase we are in right now. Stratton has to initiate the call. The coach can not even return a call if Stratton were to leave a message. It is VERY regulated and every single D1 coach we have talked too for the last couple of years went to lengths to abide by all of the rules. Golf is not like football, full scholarships in golf are about as rare as a unicorn in Texas, so in golf there are more negotiations when talking scholarships. Each D1 program has a TOTAL of 4.5 scholarships for their entire program. If a program carries 10 players, the average would be a 45% scholarship if the coach divided it evenly among all 10 players. There is a TON that goes into the decisions since they have available what graduates for the incoming class.

[quote][color="#1c2837"][size="2"]So how many speeding tickets has he gotten in that 350?[/size][/color][/quote]
First ticket he gets, and the car is mine for 3 months, no questions asked.
[/quote]

I'm not sure if this has been asked, and if it has I'm sorry, will he still get to be a Ping staffer once he's at OSU? Also, what will happen with the Puma stuff?

Ping G400LST 10* Fujikura Motore Speeder Tour Spec 6.3x
Callaway Epic Fujikura Speeder Evolution II 765 Tour Spec X
Taylormade P790 UDI
Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW X100 TI
Vokey SM6 50*/Nike Engage SS 55*/TM Hi-Toe 60*
Taylormade Spider Tour Black

[quote][color=#1C2837][size=2] Also, what will happen with the Puma stuff?[/size][/color] [/quote]
Once he starts college all of that changes. OSU is a PING school, and his PING rep is already the college and OSU rep. The part that changes is that when he begins college, everything goes through the school, or the coach. Any PING equipment goes through the coach to Stratton. Puma will unfortunately be over. Unless they worked something out with the school or coach, he will not be able to receive any gear directly.

Should change the subject of this thread to "Rise of a Tour Pro"

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

I'm sure Puma will gladly take him back once he's on the tour. As a Sooner I can't legally root for the Cowboys, but I'll be rooting for Stratton. I wish him the best of luck. Will you ever be able to play Karsten Creek?

Ping G400LST 10* Fujikura Motore Speeder Tour Spec 6.3x
Callaway Epic Fujikura Speeder Evolution II 765 Tour Spec X
Taylormade P790 UDI
Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW X100 TI
Vokey SM6 50*/Nike Engage SS 55*/TM Hi-Toe 60*
Taylormade Spider Tour Black

[/quote]
100% correct.
Recruiting was a stressful time and we are glad it is over. Stratton being a junior, he has now orally committed to play for Oklahoma State which is an oral agreement. In this phase, a player could change his mind, and a school could try to sway a player away, but I don't know if that has happened much in D1 golf. Once a player commits, other coaches respect that decision honor that oral agreement from what we have seen. Stratton received letters constantly over the last year from schools, once he committed, that went from multiple letters each week, to none in no time. He will sign a binding National Letter of Intent this coming fall. (September) His future coach can not even call or text him in the phase we are in right now. Stratton has to initiate the call. The coach can not even return a call if Stratton were to leave a message. It is VERY regulated and every single D1 coach we have talked too for the last couple of years went to lengths to abide by all of the rules. Golf is not like football, full scholarships in golf are about as rare as a unicorn in Texas, so in golf there are more negotiations when talking scholarships. Each D1 program has a TOTAL of 4.5 scholarships for their entire program. If a program carries 10 players, the average would be a 45% scholarship if the coach divided it evenly among all 10 players. There is a TON that goes into the decisions since they have available what graduates for the incoming class.

[quote]

Well explained! Things are 180* degrees different from when I was being recruited to play basketball with all the instant news(blogs, recruiting websites) that a misinterpreted statement can be blown out of proportion quickly. Your son appears to be a well grounded kid and an extremely talented golfer. Even though he's going to OSU (I'm a longhorn) Im rooting for him.

Nike Covert Tour 9.5* Kuro Kage 60X
Nike Covert Tour 3 FW 15* Kura Kage 70X
Titleist 712U 2i w/ DG X100
Titleist 690.mb 3-PW w/ DG X100
Titleist SM 56* Callaway Forged Raw 60*
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Did you raise the whole floor to put in the putting cup in the corner?

His room is on the second floor, so his floor is wood. I cut the cups out of his floor inbetween the floor joists and used spacers to lift the cup up to position. The sub-floor was plywood, so I used a caulk filler to smooth the saw edge. He has two holes at opposite corners of the room. Best thing we ever did. He literally practices every day in the room putting. The green rolls a 10 on the stimp meter.

Ill admit that when I see those puma hats I think poser

You and everyone else. rolleyes.gif I and he, hears it all the time. In the tournament the other day, the looks he gets are pretty funny on the range and putting green from the guys that don't know him. Most players around here know him, so it is nothing to them, in fact it is normal to see him like this. The ones that don't know him, make the wise cracks right up to the time his scorecard is posted. The head shaking begins then. Its all good, he and I get a laugh about it now. He uses it as motivation.

thx for the updates, pumped for Stratt
will be awesome to see him progress the next few years

maybe a dumb question, or something u might not wanna talk about, BUT.....
if golf takes him in another direction, such as turning pro younger/sooner, will he consider it, or is finishing school something that is most important to him?
with all these young guys on your these days, seems like most are opting to turn pro sooner and forgo school

PING G425 LST 9* | Kuro Kage TiNi DC 60 X
Taylormade M2 15* | RIP Beta 70 X

Callaway XHP 21* | RIP Alpha 90 X
*** Irons: OPEN *** 

Cleveland RTX 4 52/56* (mid) | DGS400
Titleist Vokey SM8 60*K | DGS400
Scotty Cameron Special Select FB 5.5 35"

[quote name='enis750' timestamp='1337305625' post='4935064']
with all these young guys on your these days, seems like most are opting to turn pro sooner and forgo school
[/quote]

That could be a tough decision now and might change to more kids staying in school longer since the PGA Tour changed Q School. Not sure how many kids would want to turn pro early, only to make it through Q school and only end up with Nationwide Tour status. Not a big fan of the change if you ask me. Even the winner of Q school goes to the Nationwide tour.

Srixon Z 545 9.5* w/Aldila Tour Blue 65X
Ping G25 15* w/VTS Silver 7X
Ping G25 17* w/VTS Black 85HX
Wilson FG Tour V4 3-P w/Modus3 Tour 130S
FG Tour TC 52, 58 w/DG S400
Bettinardi Studio Stock 14
WITB Link

We have had discussions about turning pro early and he played this week in the qualifier with David Gossett who won the US Am, played in the Masters, US Open, British and THEN came back to school for his sophomore year and then turned pro. He won the John Deere that year as well on tour. Now 12 yrs later, he is struggling mightily. That was a good thing for Stratton to see. It is not going to be unicorns and rainbows as a pros, so a backup plan is great thing to have. I have no doubt he will do something in the golf industry. He is just way too entwined with the game.
IF he were to do something really significant and have an opportunity to get large endorsements would be the only way he would consider turning pro early. If you do something where companies are ready to throw big money your way, it would probably be wise to take it while it is on the table.
Stratton however absolutely loves team golf and he can't wait to head to OSU. He has practiced with Troy Matteson and he gave Stratton the best advice in telling him to enjoy college because those are the best times of your golf career. The tour can be a grind and golf becomes more work than fun. Stratton took that to heart and I know he has a plan and a good head on his shoulders.

[quote name='Deerslayer' timestamp='1337315182' post='4936000']
We have had discussions about turning pro early and he played this week in the qualifier with David Gossett who won the US Am, played in the Masters, US Open, British and THEN came back to school for his sophomore year and then turned pro. He won the John Deere that year as well on tour. Now 12 yrs later, he is struggling mightily. That was a good thing for Stratton to see. It is not going to be unicorns and rainbows as a pros, so a backup plan is great thing to have. I have no doubt he will do something in the golf industry. He is just way too entwined with the game.
IF he were to do something really significant and have an opportunity to get large endorsements would be the only way he would consider turning pro early. If you do something where companies are ready to throw big money your way, it would probably be wise to take it while it is on the table.
Stratton however absolutely loves team golf and he can't wait to head to OSU. He has practiced with Troy Matteson and he gave Stratton the best advice in telling him to enjoy college because those are the best times of your golf career. The tour can be a grind and golf becomes more work than fun. Stratton took that to heart and I know he has a plan and a good head on his shoulders.
[/quote]

awesome reply, thanks DS
i know ive said this before, but its pretty neat to read ur posts and watch Stratt progress
thanks again for the reply

PING G425 LST 9* | Kuro Kage TiNi DC 60 X
Taylormade M2 15* | RIP Beta 70 X

Callaway XHP 21* | RIP Alpha 90 X
*** Irons: OPEN *** 

Cleveland RTX 4 52/56* (mid) | DGS400
Titleist Vokey SM8 60*K | DGS400
Scotty Cameron Special Select FB 5.5 35"

Last night, Stratton had his 7iron through PW replaced with new ones. He had worn them out. Really should have replaced through the 5 & 6 too. Amazing how different the new heads look. I think for continuity, we are going to put them back in the bag for his new WITB. I am thinking we are going to shoot this weekend for his new WITB.