Stratton's WITB ~Red White & PING~ **NEW UPDATE VIDEO PAGE 18**

[b]Bubbler,
Hang in there boy. He may not be here, but he will always be with you. [/b]

Stratton and the team are at Regionals right now. Day one in the books. Stratts team (292 +4)has a 4 shot lead over 2nd (296)and 9 over 3rd (301). Top two teams advance to the State Championship. Stratton shot -1 today on a difficult track. Needs to close the deal tomorrow with a low round.

NewG, probably. He is anxiously awaiting testing them this fall.

Stratton's team ran away with the Regional Championship. They once again fired a +4 292 ~ +8=584 as a team on Tuesday to win by 12 shots over Houston Woodlands. The day was interesting to say the least for Stratton. (He started the day -1 3 shots out of the lead) A bogey, par, double start found Stratton 3 over on the day and now 8 shots out of the lead. His double was the result of getting real aggressive on a recovery shot that clipped a tree and bound deep into Sherwoods Forest :)

On the 4th hole, on Twin Rivers GC (7123yds 74.0rating 126slope) a dogleg right 575yd par 5, Stratton had the red-A and ripped a drive down wind to 235yds to the edge of the lake. He didn't hesitate and pulled his hybrid. I was at the green and knew this had the potential of getting ugly. He would have to carry the shot 230 to clear the water to a front pin on a green that slopes front to back with the lake wrapping around even behind the green. His shot landed on the front fringe, missed the pin by inches, but as firm as these greens were rolled to 40-50' past the pin. He horeshoe'd his eagle putt, and tapped in for birdie. He then proceeded to finish the front nine: par, birdie, birdie, birdie,birdie. (-2 = 34 - birdies 5 out of his last 6 holes)

He had pulled back to within 3 of the lead.

He was too pumped up on 10 and his drive went down the middle straight through the fairway into a hazard on a sharp dogleg left. Bogey, bogey start on the back nine put him back to even, and he stayed there until the 17th hole where he carded another bogey. On the final hole, everyone watched the leaders come in. Stratton had holed out on day one from 50yds in front of everyone and had some more drama as he was 140 out and drew his shot on top of the pin, the ball spun directly to the hole and the ball stopped just inches from tracking in. Another tap in birdie to finish even par, but he was still 4 shots out of medalist. He despises finishing 2nd overall, but more importantly, he led his team to the Championship that will once again advance the Chaps to the Texas 5A State Championship. I know his bag will change before state as he was texting his PING rep on the way home from the tournament. He has too big of a gap in his wedges with no gap wedge and it has been costing him.

He plans to make these changes:

Driver-same, 3w-same, replacing 2hy with 3hy. Removing 3iron, 4-9iron same.

New Wedges:

47degree, adding 52 degree, 56 degree, 60 degree.

How does stratton like the Anser putter? Has he tried the Nome yet? I'm really eyeballing an Anser Milled.[/color]]

He has tried the Nome and likes it, but NO WAY is he switching from using his Anser 0. Best putting change he has EVER made. He always liked a big aiming line. Going to a putter with no line and just an alignment dot has improved his putting immensely. I don't see a putter change for him for a long time.

whens the update comingpartytime2.gif

It will be the first week of May. He is practicing every day and working hard preparing for State (April 30-May1) following that tournament, we will do a new WITB

WHSregion.jpg

whens the update comingpartytime2.gif

It will be the first week of May. He is practicing every day and working hard preparing for State (April 30-May1) following that tournament, we will do a new WITB

WHSregion.jpg

There's the Robert E. Lee I went to and played for in high school in the top right corner of the board! They might be listed as Tyler Lee to show where they're from. Miss those guys!

Srixon Z 545 9.5* w/Aldila Tour Blue 65X
Ping G25 15* w/VTS Silver 7X
Ping G25 17* w/VTS Black 85HX
Wilson FG Tour V4 3-P w/Modus3 Tour 130S
FG Tour TC 52, 58 w/DG S400
Bettinardi Studio Stock 14
WITB Link

Is Stratton going to be at OSU golf camp by any chance?

Not this year, but I am sure in the years to come, he will absolutely be helping out. He gets more out of helping juniors than anything. He has in incredible gift in teaching young players the game, and he loves doing it. We are traveling 7 hrs tomorrow so that Stratton can play in a tournament with his 8yr old cousin that idolizes him.

StrattHayden.jpg

Breck this is as good as it gets right here. Been a fan of your custom work and following Stratton's updates for what seems like at least 4 years now :) You must be very excited and proud of his accomplishments as a son and golfer, and yours as a father. :drinks:

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

[quote name='Deerslayer' timestamp='1334894679' post='4756174']
[quote][color="#1c2837"][size="2"]from what yardage will he be using the 52?[/size][/color][/quote]
He has been having a lot of shots 120 out. Full 56* isn't quite enough and he is not nearly as consistent when he eases up on his 47*
[/quote]

Did he ever try a 54? To not have to change the top part of his bag?

[quote]Need to let the kid know pleated shorts don't quite fit the Puma style. [/quote]

Lol. The TEAM decided to change shorts for the last day because the finished second the last two events in their white shorts, they call these their "geezer" shorts

Def not his style, but the team seniors decide what they wear.

He has just replaced his irons 7 thru 9 due to wear and he only plays the 47* sTour S. distance isn't a problem. All of his other wedges are Anser wedges. New wedges and hybrid should be here Monday. It will be interesting to see the length of the 3hybrid. He says the PING I20 hybrids are by far the best and longest he has ever played.

[quote name='Deerslayer' timestamp='1335042567' post='4764438']
[quote]Need to let the kid know pleated shorts don't quite fit the Puma style. [/quote]

Lol. The TEAM decided to change shorts for the last day because the finished second the last two events in their white shorts, they call these their "geezer" shorts

Def not his style, but the team seniors decide what they wear.

He has just replaced his irons 7 thru 9 due to wear and he only plays the 47* sTour S. distance isn't a problem. All of his other wedges are Anser wedges. New wedges and hybrid should be here Monday. It will be interesting to see the length of the 3hybrid. He says the PING I20 hybrids are by far the best and longest he has ever played.
[/quote]

so how long have they been in play?
i thought pings were like kryptonite!!!?? never really wear down??

[quote name='Deerslayer' timestamp='1335053537' post='4765162']
TiCip,
Stratton hits so many balls, he wears everything out. These have lasted far longer than anything he has ever had. In the year and a half he has had them, maybe a five day break is as long as he has ever paused for. I know thousands of range balls have been pounded by these irons.
[/quote]

i'm trying to get an idea on durability..
so if your son played the old ping eye 2 irons for the same amount of time , with his same practice type.. would he wear them out too in about a yr and a half?
thx for your opinions..

[quote name='PINGWRXforeme' timestamp='1335109382' post='4767762']
I have to stop looking at this post. Its making me want to try my kiyoshi in an i20.
[/quote]

I have been eyeing that combo since I saw this post for the first time.

Ping, 44.5" please.

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

Over the weekend, we traveled to my sister and brother-in-laws for Stratton to play in a tournament with his 8yr old cousin. My brother-in-law had a Southwest Green installed at his place a couple of weeks ago. It was our first time to be able to test out an artificial green beyond just putting on one. We were amazed at how realistic this green played. It putted great, but surprising, chipping and hitting wedges into the green was a blast. The reaction was exactly like firm greens react. Here are a few clips of Stratton putting the green through the paces.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oh-fFAVNEyw[/media]

[quote name='Deerslayer' timestamp='1335156601' post='4771790']
Over the weekend, we traveled to my sister and brother-in-laws for Stratton to play in a tournament with his 8yr old cousin. My brother-in-law had a Southwest Green installed at his place a couple of weeks ago. It was our first time to be able to test out an artificial green beyond just putting on one. We were amazed at how realistic this green played. It putted great, but surprising, chipping and hitting wedges into the green was a blast. The reaction was exactly like firm greens react. Here are a few clips of Stratton putting the green through the paces.

[/quote]

I know what your next purchase will be Breck ha

[quote name='Deerslayer' timestamp='1335156601' post='4771790']

[/quote]

One of my friends has one these installed at a piece of land they own. It really is a blast hitting pitches and shots withing 100yards on. Once you go out around 150yards it starts to lose it's realism. haha. They got a bunker installed with theirs as well. I think these greens are a pretty good investment for someone who plays tons of golf.

[quote][color="#1C2837"][size="2"]I know what your next purchase will be Breck ha [/size][/color] [/quote]
I wish! Unfortunately, my pockets are not that deep :)

[quote][color=#1C2837][size=2]Once you go out around 150yards it starts to lose it's realism.[/size][/color][/quote]

I can see that. They play like a firm green. Even from 70yds, you have to nip the ball and put spin on it or it will roll out. I was surprised that the ball did not bounce more. It lands fairly dead.

Chipping and shots 70yds or so play just like a firm green. If you nip it good, you can spin it back. It lands about as dead as firm turf.He is loving all of his i20 gear. He is gaming the Driver, 3w and hybrids. He says the hybrids are the longest best hybrids he has ever gamed. He has new wedges and is incorporating a 52 into his bag. he is having to switch his hybrid as well to maintain decent gaps through his set.

We stamped his other 60* to see if he likes it. He has NEVER been a hand stamp type of guy. He hates hand stamping and I thought this looked good, but he doesn't like it at all. He would love it engraved, but not stamped. He doesn't ever even like his initials stamped.

Wedge1.jpg

Wedge2.jpg

Chipping and shots 70yds or so play just like a firm green. If you nip it good, you can spin it back. It lands about as dead as firm turf.He is loving all of his i20 gear. He is gaming the Driver, 3w and hybrids. He says the hybrids are the longest best hybrids he has ever gamed. He has new wedges and is incorporating a 52 into his bag. he is having to switch his hybrid as well to maintain decent gaps through his set.

We stamped his other 60* to see if he likes it. He has NEVER been a hand stamp type of guy. He hates hand stamping and I thought this looked good, but he doesn't like it at all. He would love it engraved, but not stamped. He doesn't ever even like his initials stamped.

Wedge1.jpg

Wedge2.jpg

How could you not like that stamp?! It's a beauty, and perfectly done/paint filled.