2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Clicgear 2.0-3.0 vs Sun Mountain v2

muzz

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='WishICouldPlayMoreOften' timestamp='1296843204' post='2951401']
I have the SMV2, and I think it's the best cart. It's flaws are 1) [b]inflatable tires that have to be inflated about once a mont[/b]h and 2) not very small when folded so takes up space.

I wanted the cart for it's on-course performance as I have a hatchback and SUV so trunk space isn't an issue. As to the tires, I just inflate monthly when I'm in my garage. I usually do it when I'm airing my bike tires, which need air monthly as well. I have a small electric inflater so it takes less than 2 mins to inflate my SMV2.

[/quote]

I don't understand this. On sun mountain's website, it says the tires are no maintenance solid foam tires. Is this not the case?

[quote name='TCMP' timestamp='1296998406' post='2955448']
[quote name='WishICouldPlayMoreOften' timestamp='1296843204' post='2951401']
I have the SMV2, and I think it's the best cart. It's flaws are 1) [b]inflatable tires that have to be inflated about once a mont[/b]h and 2) not very small when folded so takes up space.

I wanted the cart for it's on-course performance as I have a hatchback and SUV so trunk space isn't an issue. As to the tires, I just inflate monthly when I'm in my garage. I usually do it when I'm airing my bike tires, which need air monthly as well. I have a small electric inflater so it takes less than 2 mins to inflate my SMV2.

[/quote]

I don't understand this. On sun mountain's website, it says the tires are no maintenance solid foam tires. Is this not the case?
[/quote]
I thought I saw you could get it either way, although I'm not certain.

[quote name='TCMP' timestamp='1297028445' post='2956353']
I just ordered 2 of the Sun Mountain V1 carts, the updated version, with the foam tires. I talked to Adam at Discount Dan's and he recommended the V1 over the V2. He said he had experience with each and the V1 was a better cart.
[/quote]
Thanks for the info, I was not aware of that at all.

CG 2 has been bullet proof. Only thing that initially disappointed me was lack of suspension. Our course was drought affected when i first got it and some of the fairways were patchy and bumpy. The CG shakes your clubs (and arms/shoulders) like a wet dog over rough ground. Now we've sorted our water issues and the fairways are smooth again im very happy. Initially i felt id made the wrong choice. If you play on less than well manicured tracks id consider something with suspension over the CG.

I just ordered 2 of the Sun Mountain V1 carts, the updated version, with the foam tires. I talked to Adam at Discount Dan's and he recommended the V1 over the V2. He said he had experience with each and the V1 was a better cart.
[/quote]

Anyone else that has experience with BOTH of the Sun Mountain carts feel this way?
I've never heard that before, and if I can save $ by buying V1 I'd be happy to do so.

Thanks Guys

[quote name='muzz' timestamp='1297043031' post='2956753']
[/quote]

Anyone else that has experience with BOTH of the Sun Mountain carts feel this way?
I've never heard that before, and if I can save $ by buying V1 I'd be happy to do so.

Thanks Guys
[/quote]

The way he described it was that the V2 was really overbuilt, making it heavier than it needs to be. He said the V1 is extremely durable and at a lighter weight.

He compared the V1 to an F150 truck and a V2 to an F350. He said the V2 was basically the same cart that they used for their electric cart model a couple of years ago, minus the electric parts.

With the new foam tires on the V1, he couldn't find any big flaws with the V1.

[quote name='scifisicko' timestamp='1297042783' post='2956741']
CG 2 has been bullet proof. Only thing that initially disappointed me was lack of suspension. Our course was drought affected when i first got it and some of the fairways were patchy and bumpy. The CG shakes your clubs (and arms/shoulders) like a wet dog over rough ground. Now we've sorted our water issues and the fairways are smooth again im very happy. Initially i felt id made the wrong choice. If you play on less than well manicured tracks id consider something with suspension over the CG.
[/quote]
Thanks for the info scifisicko
I worry about marshland more than concrete around here.

[quote name='TCMP' timestamp='1297044085' post='2956782']
[/quote]

Thanks Guys
[/quote]

The way he described it was that the V2 was really overbuilt, making it heavier than it needs to be. He said the V1 is extremely durable and at a lighter weight.

He compared the V1 to an F150 truck and a V2 to an F350. He said the V2 was basically the same cart that they used for their electric cart model a couple of years ago, minus the electric parts.

[/quote]

That V1 at DD cost is in between the CG 2.0/3.0 new, more than both as refurb.
I look at the CG and see a better looking unit, that looks meatier and more balanced, maybe I'm missing something, but the CG looks like a king, while the SM/Bagboys look almost the same, and far below it.
Am I missing something here?

[quote name='muzz' timestamp='1297049083' post='2956935']
[quote name='TCMP' timestamp='1297044085' post='2956782']
[/quote]

Thanks Guys
[/quote]

[/quote]

That V1 at DD cost is in between the CG 2.0/3.0 new, more than both as refurb.
I look at the CG and see a better looking unit, that looks meatier and more balanced, maybe I'm missing something, but the CG looks like a king, while the SM/Bagboys look almost the same, and far below it.
Am I missing something here?
[/quote]

I wanted to buy new and didn't want the CG because of the steps needed to unfold the thing. Not that it's hard, but it looked more tedious than the SM V1. I am sure they are all fine carts at this level. CG does have the nod on color options!

[/quote]

Thanks Guys
[/quote]

I own a V1, my buddy has a V2. A few in my group have the Clicgears.

Personally, I think my cart is the best of the bunch. I actually prefer the pneumatic tires. I'll check them at the beginning of the season, and they usually don't need any air until the next spring. If they do, it's a matter of seconds to pump some in. It rolls better than any other cart on the fairways (I've won contests) and it's very, very well built. I have hundreds of rounds on my cart, it still looks and works like new.

I have the seat option, and it works great in the fairway while watching the group in front plumb bob their 4th putt.

Although they don't fold as compactly as the Clicgears, it's interesting to note that two nested Sunmountains, take up the same cargo space as two Clicgears. I think if your concern is one trolley cargo space, Clicgear is the way to go. If your concern is golf, then Sunmountain gets the nod.

The main difference between the V1 & V2 is the way the clubs are secured. My V1 has a quick connect bungee system, the V2, has more of a friction hug type hold device. Although the friction system of the V2 works fine, the clubs are far more secure in the V1.

Clic Gear? Sun Mountain? You won't regret purchasing either one.

X________________________________ Sign Here

My SMV2 has inflatable tires. They now ship with foam. I don't mind the inflatable because it's really only something I've ever done at home. If I forget, my SMV2 came with a pump that attaches to one of the main support bars.

As to SMV1 compared to SMV2, the SMV2 has more storage, and the strapless bag holder. I love the strapless. I use the storage mostly for clothes (change of shirt or to put away my jacket or hat). The SMV2 is a tank. I don't mind the extra heft or size when it's sitting in my trunk or garage. I just like that on the course it rolls so easily and carries absolutely everything I can throw at it.

My brother in-law has the SMV1. He likes it but frequently mentions that he wishes it was strapless and had the lower storage net.

I think SM should stop selling two models, lower the cost to $199 and sell only the SMV2.

I also like the air tires because it's pretty easy to get them replaced at a bike shop for $10-20, and the size is fairly common so I don't have to worry about contacting SM for replacements.

If I traveled more and had to consider other people's trunk space, I'd do it with a CG without hesitation. I've seen plenty of them and can't see why anyone wouldn't want one if it fit the needs/wants.

[quote name='Hateto3Putt' timestamp='1297087555' post='2957505']
[/quote]

Thanks Guys
[/quote]

I own a V1, my buddy has a V2. A few in my group have the Clicgears.

Personally, I think my cart is the best of the bunch. I actually prefer the pneumatic tires. I'll check them at the beginning of the season, and they usually don't need any air until the next spring. If they do, it's a matter of seconds to pump some in. It rolls better than any other cart on the fairways (I've won contests) and it's very, very well built. I have hundreds of rounds on my cart, it still looks and works like new.

[b]I have the seat option, and it works great in the fairway while watching the group in front plumb bob their 4th putt.[/b]

Although they don't fold as compactly as the Clicgears, it's interesting to note that two nested Sunmountains, take up the same cargo space as two Clicgears. I think if your concern is one trolley cargo space, Clicgear is the way to go. If your concern is golf, then Sunmountain gets the nod.

The main difference between the V1 & V2 is the way the clubs are secured. My V1 has a quick connect bungee system, the V2, has more of a friction hug type hold device. Although the friction system of the V2 works fine, the clubs are far more secure in the V1.

Clic Gear? Sun Mountain? You won't regret purchasing either one.
[/quote]

LMAO
On their way to a 3 hour and 15 minute 76!

Thanks for the info guys.

I just mentioned that I MAY buy a Push Cart the other day, the look I got from 2 other guys discussing golf(While standing in 2' of snow mind you.......arrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggh) was surprising.....I got the "Old Man" look, and I was like " I'm trying to get out of the Cart and get some exercise....saving some $ sure won't hurt either"....

I've had a push cart since I was in my mid 30's. I'm also a decent player so any time anyone's ever commented on my cart, I just ask for their scorecard.

When I'm not being snarky, I just ask them why is my cart any less than a pro that walks around with a caddie carrying everything?

After college (NCAA requires carrying), why carry? I don't like to ride though because I don't feel like sit-stand, start-stop. Plus, I think you can tell better how the course is playing when you're walking it.

Yeah, I think they were surprised that I said it....I don't care really, just figured I'd mention it.
I'm 46, it's not like I'm 26, and pushing the cart is better(and cheaper) than driving a cart every week.

Since I'm gonna be doing at least 1/2 walking(probably more), I'm gonna need some new shoes too!! My 360 3.0's give me heel blisters, even when I'm in the cart.

Ill make your decision easy. Heres a link to sports authorty web site. If you order a new Clic 3.0 today using promo code SAFEB25 (25% one item) you can pick one up for $150.98 shipped. SALE ENDS TODAY!!!!!!

[url="http://www.sportsauthority.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4066134&clickid=cart"]sports authorty Clic gear 3.0[/url]

Titleist 915D3 / GD Tour AD DI7s
TM RBZ 15* Diamana BB
Titleist 910H 19* 21* Diamana Kai'li
Titleist 714 AP2 4 - PW
Cameron Studio Stainless NP2
Vokey SM 52* 58*

[quote name='jastac' timestamp='1297339950' post='2965398']
Ill make your decision easy. Heres a link to sports authorty web site. If you order a new Clic 3.0 today using promo code SAFEB25 (25% one item) you can pick one up for $150.98 shipped. SALE ENDS TODAY!!!!!!

[url="http://www.sportsauthority.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4066134&clickid=cart"]sports authorty Clic gear 3.0[/url]
[/quote]

I was just going to post a link to this. That made the decision for me and I picked one up. Only $10 cheaper than the refurb one but for $10 less I got a brand new unit so I jumped on it. If I don't end up liking it for some reason they go for about that on ebay so I'll just resell but I think I'll love it. Big thanks to "texagjosh" for posting this in the deals forum.

<div><br></div><div>Edit: I'm also in my mid 20's and will have no problem using this. I have some back problems and this will be a big help and let me walk more often. I use to walk about 6 holes and my back would start acting up, which made for a miserable rest of the round. Golf is about having fun for me not looking "cool".</div>

[/quote]

That's a phenomenal deal!

X________________________________ Sign Here

[/quote]

Awesome deal, it's in my cart right now for 150.98 delivered!!!!!!!!!!!

Just not sure if I want to stick with Black, or get a color.....I like the Orange, the red, the yellow.........

Thanks for the heads up!

[quote name='muzz' timestamp='1297386852' post='2967228']
Done Deal, 160.35 after taxes, delivered.

I got Black...I know I'm a boring Lamo......but I'm a boring Lamo with a CG 3.0 on the way!!!:partytime2:

Thanks for the heads up on the deal jastac, I didn't see the post by "texagjosh", so I never would have known if it weren't for you guys.
[/quote]

Congrats, I read texagjosh sports authority post last night and couldn't find it this morn so I just passed it on as i remembered it. But, I went through the same exercise as you last spring before I decided on my 3.0, and so glad I did. I love mine in silver, but I paid 199. I also bought one for my farther in law on Black Fri for $166 shipped for Xmas and thought that was a smoking deal at the time. Hard to believe how cheap they get if your willing to sit back and wait. Great cart for that price. hope u Enjoy it

Titleist 915D3 / GD Tour AD DI7s
TM RBZ 15* Diamana BB
Titleist 910H 19* 21* Diamana Kai'li
Titleist 714 AP2 4 - PW
Cameron Studio Stainless NP2
Vokey SM 52* 58*

[quote name='jastac' timestamp='1297388280' post='2967291']
[quote name='muzz' timestamp='1297386852' post='2967228']
Done Deal, 160.35 after taxes, delivered.

I got Black...I know I'm a boring Lamo......but I'm a boring Lamo with a CG 3.0 on the way!!!:partytime2:

Thanks for the heads up on the deal jastac, I didn't see the post by "texagjosh", so I never would have known if it weren't for you guys.
[/quote]

Congrats, I read texagjosh sports authorty post last night and couldnt find it this morn so I just passed it on as i remembered it. But, I went through the same exercise as you last spring before I decided on my 3.0, and so glad I did. I love mine in silver, but I paid 199. I also bought one for my farther in law on Black fri for $166 shipped for Xmas and that was a smokin deal at the time. Hard to beleive how cheap they get if your willing to sit back and wait. Great cart for that price. hope u Enjoy it
[/quote]

I'm glad I waited a bit, $50 off is too good to pass up, and free shipping(.01 is free to me).
90% of my golfing is with my cousin..we take a cart....he's in for a surprise!!

Thanks Again :drinks:

m

I have had a SM V1 for a few years.

It has air-filled tires and strapless bag holders (which is different than some others in this post who had V1's with straps).

It rolls very easily and I can push it ahead of me quite a ways. Rarely needs air.

Strapless makes it easy to put bag on and off the cart.

However when comparing mine to CG's, besides less space required to carry a folded up CG, I noticed that the handle on CG3.0's are a little further away from the body. This makes it easier to slide your clubs out of the bag. With my SunMtn the clubs on the lower half of your bag sometimes get caught on the handle even when it is set in a low position. And I have a SM bag that is made to go on my cart.

Not the end of the world but something to consider.

Driver: Titleist  Tsi2
FW's: Callaway Rogue 4w
Hybrids: X2 Hot 3&4
Irons: Ping G410 Reg Graphite 5-UW
Wedges: Callaway MD3 56
Handicap 9
Putter: Zing2 BeCu among others

Ive been a Clicgear fan for a while. Had the 1.0 then the 2.0 and now the 3.0. Honestly if buying a cart now, I would say the 3.0 because of the accessories that you can mount to the console of the cart, then the net, and the larger console is awesome compared to earlier versions. Electric carts here are $13 a person or $26 a single per trip, so I invested in the clicgear and rarely ever ride.

Go with the 3.0 and you will be happy.

[quote name='TCMP' timestamp='1297610869' post='2972906']
My wife and I are really liking the Sun Mountain V1's we just picked up from Discount Dans. The roll sooooooooo easy. 1 finger is all that is needed to push these gems!
[/quote]

Glad to hear that, always fun to get good stuff!
My CG will be here far ahead of the good weather, but that's ok, I can deal with that....for the right price!