2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Clicgear 2.0-3.0 vs Sun Mountain v2

muzz

[quote name='Hateto3Putt' timestamp='1313073395' post='3473227']
[quote name='abc' timestamp='1313062681' post='3472713']
However, the SM's tires require more maintenance (checking to see if air pressure is sufficient, then filling them up with air if they aren't adequately inflated).

In the end, the CG wins, as I don't have to check it's tires the night before using it.
[/quote]

For my SM V1, I check my air pressure at the beginning of the season, and give them an occasional hand squeeze for firmness a few times a year. After 4 years, (aside from the season openers) I have added air once.

I've spent more time reloading the golf balls in my bag than I have refilling the cart tires.

It's a non issue.
[/quote]

I find it hard to believe you've only added air once to the SM's rubber tires, aside from season openers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have SMV2 and CG3.0 and like them both. If I was forced to keep only one it would be the SMV2. Yes, a little more maintenance on the tires and doesn't fold as small; but one the course, it's just nicer. More storage with the cargo nets, holds the bag without straps, and just feels more solid and stable regardless of terrain. I also like that in wet course conditions, the air tires roll better and don't collect as much mud and cut grass.

[quote name='WishICouldPlayMoreOften' timestamp='1314982164' post='3537506']
Have SMV2 and CG3.0 and like them both. If I was forced to keep only one it would be the SMV2. Yes, a little more maintenance on the tires and doesn't fold as small; but one the course, it's just nicer. More storage with the cargo nets, holds the bag without straps, and just feels more solid and stable regardless of terrain. I also like that in wet course conditions, the air tires roll better and don't collect as much mud and cut grass.
[/quote]

My V2 has foam tires and it works fine on any terrain and under wet course conditions. I also own an original Speed Cart (before they started calling it V1) with air tires. The air tires are indeed a pain. Still, I like both better than the CG 2 or 3. They just seem more solid to me.

Titleist TSi2 10
Titleist 917F 16.5 
Titleist 917F 21 
Titleist 718 AP3 4-48 
Titleist Vokey SM7 52 
Titleist Vokey SM8 60 
Scotty Cameron Special Select Squareback 2

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='WishICouldPlayMoreOften' timestamp='1314982164' post='3537506']
[/quote]

IMO, I am totally opposite. I own Sun Mountain V1 with air tires the brand new just released Sun Mountain SV1 that has foam tires that are almost the same as the Clicgear and I just purchased the Clicgear 3.0. I really was pleased with the Sun Mountain V1 it had the storage net which is handy and the tires were never that big of an issue and I walk 4 rounds a week. My biggest complaint would be that it was unstable. It would flip backward if you parked it on just the smallest incline and having the umbrella up would really make it an issue. I recently purchased the brand new and hard to find SV1 by Sun Mountain which had a couple of new features including the foam tires. This cart is the [b][u]worst [/u][/b]purchase I have made so far. The cart flips extremely easy!! I even tried to shim the bag upright a little to try to make it have some forward lean but it didn't work, an obvious design flaw.

Frustrated, I bought a clicgear to try and yes it seems to push maybe a little harder but I think it is that the weight distribution is more forward and on the front wheel. The Clicgear absolutely feels more solid, holds my bag securely with no twisting of the bag as I walk through bumpy terrain and is much more stable and extremely hard to flip.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

[quote name='toddnt' timestamp='1296782873' post='2949854']
The tires have slow leaks and need to be pumped up every so often and CG folds down into a smaller packeage.. Im getting rid of my truck and getting a small car..Trunk space![quote name='muzz' timestamp='1296782592' post='2949845']
[quote name='toddnt' timestamp='1296777482' post='2949649']
I have the V2, but looking at the CG 3.0.. SM V2 has a slight edge because of the seat attachment... Works well on those 5hr rounds!
[/quote]

If you have the V2, and you give it the slight edge, WHY are you looking at the 3.0 ?

Thanks
[/quote]
[/quote]

I have the SM v1 and all 3 tires have slow leaks, I just ordered the solid tires for $60. Cheaper than buying a new cart.

[quote name='amateur pro' timestamp='1329947582' post='4352719']
anyone have leads on great deals for the SMv2, CG 3.0, or BB quad? I can't decide between the 3, so i think price wil be the determining factor
[/quote]

I've narrowed my choice down to the CG and I'm looking for a good deal as well...preferably new but will consider used.

I've used a CG 2.0 -- got it on discount when the 3.0 came out. I love it and have to say--personal preference -- I'm not sure why someone would upgrade for accessories--the storage nets, etc...seem superfluous because I DO have a golf bag attached to the cart that carries all I need (I even shove a sand bottle in a side pocket). The only accessory that I think the pushcart HAS to have is the umbrella holder.

Ping G25 @ 9degrees/TFC 189D stiff
Callaway XHot2 pro/13.5 degrees/Aldila TG stiff
Titleist 913H/19 degrees/Aldila TG stiff
Ping s55/4-W/KBS Tour R+ [ .5 long]
Glide 50 w. Wrx grind
Vokey SM5 54-10/S grind
Vokey SM4 60-04
Scotty Cameron California Monterrey

• 2 months later...

Survey says... I need to buy "2" CG 3.0's.

• TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58S
  • TSR2 15° GD Tour AD-VF 74S
  • T200 17 2i° Tensei AV Raw White Hybrid 90S
  • T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX 6.0 Wedge 120
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x, ProV1x or AVX

• 2 weeks later...

Coming late to the party I'll second or third or tenth the suggestion for "no air" tires. Had a first-generation SM Speed Cart with the pneumatic tires. Not doing that again, ever. A push cart needs to sit there, take a licking and keep on rolling with zero maintenance. Pump-up tires are the farthest thing from zero-maint not to mention the time one went dead flat on me 1,500 yards from the clubhouse. What a PITA, even if it happens once in 10 years that's too often.

My options are pretty limited. I need a big basket or something to carry a couple bottles of sand/seed mixture for divots. I must fix 50-100 divots some rounds because of the all the guys either shouldering their bag or push a cart with no provision for carrying a sand bottle or two. A lot of the divot-fixing guys I play with have had to jury-rig some sort of holder onto their push carts.

And I carry a couple of the big bottle, like sit on a golf cart. The little dinky "sand bottle" that hangs like a water bottle would be empty before the end of the front nine even just sanding my own divots (I'm a "digger") much less repairing a few dozen left by the folks ahead of me.

So are the other push carts with no-air tires and a big basket or net to toss a couple sand bottles into? Or is it just that one older Sun Mountain model. Mine is getting a bit creaky after 4-1/2 seasons of heavy use...

• 1 month later...

I voted Clicgear 3.0. I've had one for several months and it has been a lovely addition. Easy to fold, rolls effortlessly, and is well made. I see it lasting until I get tired of it. I have tried out the SM and did not care for the pneumatic tires or the way they fold, plus they just take up too much room when folded. The 3.0 fits perfectly in the back of my extended cab pickup with my clubs. The attachments on the 3.0 seem superior to the SM offerings as well.

• 1 month later...

I've had my CG 3.0 for a month now. I love it. I had a Bag Boy ez-fold since 2006 and although I liked it, the frame broke in 2 places. If someone is ready to buy a new cart, you will not be disappointed in the CG 3.0. just read some reviews. they are accurate about [color=#282828] folds/unfolds easily, rolls great, and is well constructed. my buddy has a CG 2.0 and I compared mine to his. I think they improved the brakes and a couple other features. his is still working great though.[/color]

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Augie' timestamp='1347210141' post='5611811']
Clicgear 3.0 $175.00 delivered.

[url="http://www.bestbuyso.com/clicgeargolfpushcart3.0.aspx"]http://www.bestbuyso...ushcart3.0.aspx[/url]
[/quote]

I clicked your link and Firefox sent me this message:

This Connection is Untrusted

You have asked Firefox to connect
securely to www.bestbuyso.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.
Normally, when you try to connect securely,
sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are
going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.

What Should I Do?

If you usually connect to
this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is
trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue.

X________________________________ Sign Here

[quote name='Hateto3Putt' timestamp='1350127714' post='5788559']
[quote name='Augie' timestamp='1347210141' post='5611811']
Clicgear 3.0 $175.00 delivered.

[url="http://www.bestbuyso.com/clicgeargolfpushcart3.0.aspx"]http://www.bestbuyso...ushcart3.0.aspx[/url]
[/quote]

I clicked your link and Firefox sent me this message:

This Connection is Untrusted

You have asked Firefox to connect
securely to www.bestbuyso.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.
Normally, when you try to connect securely,
sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are
going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.

What Should I Do?

If you usually connect to
this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is
trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue.
[/quote]

call discount dans

• 2 months later...

I bought a push cart about 5 years ago and decided to get the cheapest three wheel one i could find. I got it off ebay, but it was new. After 5 years and well over a couple hundred rounds the cart has taken a fair beating, but i can only imagine the amount of money it has saved me. After using many different carts i am going to pony up and get the clicgear 3.0 this time. Looking forward to something sturdy that folds up small.