100-105 Swing Speed Distance

[quote name='gopherguts' timestamp='1394467793' post='8839933']
[quote name='Pleasedwith3putts' timestamp='1394462254' post='8839267']
[quote name='gopherguts' timestamp='1394449618' post='8838263']
[quote name='Golfrnut' timestamp='1394316811' post='8828037']
[quote name='gopherguts' timestamp='1394282606' post='8825127']
So you're the expert and yet you have given the EXACT same number of reasons for the OPPOSITE point of view as he has for his opinion.

NONE.

Thanks for the "help". :good:
[/quote]

Hmm...let's see

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that the same mass at the same speed, with the same impact conditions produces the exact same result. Or does it?
[/quote]

So even though you can "give plenty of reasons", you STILL don't. You just come up with a smartash and disingenuous comment,,,

Seldom a pleasure,,,,,,,,, :hi:
[/quote]

You are kiddking right?

OK

Newtons law provides that force is mass multiplied by acceleration. If two clubheads the same weight are moving at identical speed and direction at impact they will impart the same force on that object. [i]Now here is the part I keep repeating[/i]

Force is a vector quantity. It has both amount and direction. As has been repeated in this thread countless times, a regular shaft will not go further simply because it has an r on the shaft in the same way that painting it red green or blue will not make a difference. [size=5][b]The only way there can possibly be a difference to the end result is if the regular shaft imparts a different (and more positive) directional force on the ball, because of the state of deformation.[/b][/size] This has ZERO to do with a regular always being longer and EVERYTHING to do with the shaft being suited to the characetristics of the swing. It may be longer, it may be shorter, which is why all of the knowledgable people here keep referring to no difference with [b]the same impact conditions - [/b]you need to tell Newton he got it wrong if you disagree and get the textbooks re-written.
[/quote]

Kidding about what exactly ? His non-answers ?

OK, so I GET his (last) statement. Same-same.

MY premise is that 2 6 irons, both SWUNG at say 80 MPH, because of the differing kick in the shaft as it releases will NOT be hitting the ball at the exact same speed. Releasing either too early or 2 late results in a less than ideal speed into the ball and less than ideal contact EVEN THOUGH the shafts are SWUNG at identical speeds.

Else what OTHER reason is there for swinging a Senior, R, S, or X ?
[/quote]

The answers to all of this are already in the thread - I'd take a proper read through it

The shaft flex will impact on clubhead speed and generally a whippier shaft will increase clubhead speed. BUT the whole debate kicked off when another poster said that for the same [b]clubhead[/b] speed and all other factors being equal a regular goes further - it may not.

Bottom line is getting a shaft well fitted to the player is key to maxing out. That may be an R flex in one profile shaft or an x flex in a different profile shaft, same player. Swingspeed is only one parameter, how the shaft is loaded and angle of attack, etc all play a key role.

But you entered a debate defending a guy saying that all things being equal a regular goes longer which is plain wrong

[quote name='dangerman77' timestamp='1394468828' post='8840057']
Was there a "virtual range" or calculator somewhere online where you could put in swing speed, AoA, club loft, face angle, path angle, etc, and get a carry and roll result along with a diagram of the ball flight? I think it was on trackman's site, and I THINK I initially got the link from WRX somewhere, but I've lost it since.
[/quote]

Sorry not good with links but google flightscope optimizer abnd you'll find it

[quote name='gopherguts' timestamp='1394467793' post='8839933']
[quote name='Pleasedwith3putts' timestamp='1394462254' post='8839267']
[quote name='gopherguts' timestamp='1394449618' post='8838263']
[quote name='Golfrnut' timestamp='1394316811' post='8828037']
[quote name='gopherguts' timestamp='1394282606' post='8825127']
So you're the expert and yet you have given the EXACT same number of reasons for the OPPOSITE point of view as he has for his opinion.

NONE.

Thanks for the "help". :good:
[/quote]

Hmm...let's see

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that the same mass at the same speed, with the same impact conditions produces the exact same result. Or does it?
[/quote]

So even though you can "give plenty of reasons", you STILL don't. You just come up with a smartash and disingenuous comment,,,

Seldom a pleasure,,,,,,,,, :hi:
[/quote]

You are kiddking right?

OK

Newtons law provides that force is mass multiplied by acceleration. If two clubheads the same weight are moving at identical speed and direction at impact they will impart the same force on that object. [i]Now here is the part I keep repeating[/i]

Force is a vector quantity. It has both amount and direction. As has been repeated in this thread countless times, a regular shaft will not go further simply because it has an r on the shaft in the same way that painting it red green or blue will not make a difference. [size=5][b]The only way there can possibly be a difference to the end result is if the regular shaft imparts a different (and more positive) directional force on the ball, because of the state of deformation.[/b][/size] This has ZERO to do with a regular always being longer and EVERYTHING to do with the shaft being suited to the characetristics of the swing. It may be longer, it may be shorter, which is why all of the knowledgable people here keep referring to no difference with [b]the same impact conditions - [/b]you need to tell Newton he got it wrong if you disagree and get the textbooks re-written.
[/quote]

Kidding about what exactly ? His non-answers ?

OK, so I GET his (last) statement. Same-same.

MY premise is that 2 6 irons, both SWUNG at say 80 MPH, because of the differing kick in the shaft as it releases will NOT be hitting the ball at the exact same speed. Releasing either too early or 2 late results in a less than ideal speed into the ball and less than ideal contact EVEN THOUGH the shafts are SWUNG at identical speeds.

Else what OTHER reason is there for swinging a Senior, R, S, or X ?
[/quote]

Then you have two DIFFERENT club head speeds. Your thoughts on what exactly clube head speed is and what swing speed is are off. They are both exactly the same in the terms of how they are used. We could also go into the fact that shafts DO NOT kick, are often in a leading position at impact, a rebounding postition from a shaft leading position, or a straight line position to the CG of the handle. In any event, they are not lagging behind and not kicking at impact. And even if they were, we would be talking about to different swing speeds/club head speeds and the conversation would be irrelevant anyway. How is that for an answer? Before you start trying to go into some form of an agressive posture saying I am not justifying myself, I would suggest reading up a little bit on what it is shafts do and do not do. There is plenty of imformation here scattered throughout the forums and on the main page to do so.

2024 Building In-progress

Qi10 Core Head 9* w/ AD-DI 6S  (I heart you AD DI and will never sway from you again)
Qi10 Tour 3W with shaft TBD
Callaway UW 17* with shaft TBD

Titleist TS2 19* Hybrid at 20* w/ PX Evenflow Blue 85 6.0

4-PW Srixon ZX7s w/ DG AMT White S300s
MG2 TW Grind 56/60 at 54/58
Spider Tour X3

[quote name='theothertomjones' timestamp='1393811896' post='8783672']
[quote name='MizzyMan' timestamp='1393780415' post='8778194']
[quote name='theothertomjones' timestamp='1393652754' post='8769938']
[quote name='Pleasedwith3putts' timestamp='1392297326' post='8658505']
[quote name='boatrightgolf7' timestamp='1392255559' post='8656281']
Overall I think 105 mph with a reg flex driver 9 deg loft on dead solid hit at 17 deg launch produces with no wind at seal level 250 yards carry. Stiff shaft 245 or so maybe 250 with a distance ball and 5 yards more for every 1,500 feet you go up in elevation. So if you swing 105 you need less launch and more roll I swing 105 and get 290 at times with my roll.
[/quote]

Not sure I follow why a reg would go further than a stiff? Unless you are suggesting the reg would be better loaded to generate a higher clubhead speed at impact (and hence NOT comapring like for like 105 mph swing speed which takes account of the shaft) then by setting a fixed launch angle the only variable is spin.

The slower a ball is moving the more spin that is required to keep it in the air for any given launch angle. If anything a regular shaft launched at 105 ss (say 155 bs) is likely to spin too much to be optimum at 17 degrees.

Totally agree a regular shaft could go further for a 105 ss, but it would be for a guy who is struggling with launch and aside from the reg giving slightly better launch, the extra spin would help. If you are fixing launch at 17 (which is pretty high) and ss at 105 then a reg shaft is likely to be shorter compared like to like with a softer version of the same shaft
[/quote]

The reg flex shaft would hit the ball longer, but its a HELL of a lot harder to control for accuracy.
[/quote]

A R flex can carry further than an S shaft only if you swing it faster. Thus you're comparing apples to oranges. A 105 clubhead speed vs. maybe 107 or 108. If they're both swung at 105 you'll get the same distance, assuming everything is equal.
[/quote]

Everything isn't equal. We are talking about using two different shaft flex's which have WAY different kick points if swung at he same speed, thus the distant will vary because of the load of the shaft under duress as it reverberates back to the straight position.

Not apples and oranges. I see this problem every week with certain playing partners of mine [b]who [u]swing just as hard[/u] as me[/b], but with stock graphite shafts meant for senior players. These aren't special shafts, they're stock straight from the rack of a retail store.
[/quote]

[quote name='Golfrnut' timestamp='1394482979' post='8841727']
We could also go into the fact that shafts DO NOT kick,
[/quote]

Anything that flexes from a natural straight position returns to said natural, straight position, especially when asymmetrically loaded, kicks. It is a "kick" by very definition.

Here is some reading for you....

[url="http://www.tutelman.com/golf/shafts/ShaftLab3.php"]http://www.tutelman.com/golf/shafts/ShaftLab3.php[/url]
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/552963-10-myths-about-shafts/"]http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/552963-10-myths-about-shafts/[/url]

Both are a good start to understanding....

2024 Building In-progress

Qi10 Core Head 9* w/ AD-DI 6S  (I heart you AD DI and will never sway from you again)
Qi10 Tour 3W with shaft TBD
Callaway UW 17* with shaft TBD

Titleist TS2 19* Hybrid at 20* w/ PX Evenflow Blue 85 6.0

4-PW Srixon ZX7s w/ DG AMT White S300s
MG2 TW Grind 56/60 at 54/58
Spider Tour X3

[quote name='Golfrnut' timestamp='1394572718' post='8850139']

[url="http://www.tutelman.com/golf/shafts/ShaftLab3.php"]http://www.tutelman....s/ShaftLab3.php[/url]
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/552963-10-myths-about-shafts/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...s-about-shafts/[/url]

[/quote]

Complex subject. I love this from your tutelman link:

[b] (7) At impact, everybody has bend leading and toe-down[/b]

Certainly all the pros in the sample did. And I have never seen a ShaftLab trace that showed anything but lead at impact -- and, of course, toe down bend (commonly called "toe droop"). And Weathers' article states that, in the TrueTemper study,[i] "Nearly all players, including pros, contact the ball with the shaft in the lead position."[/i]

Most experienced clubfitters and club engineers agree. For instance, see <a href="http://www.tutelman.com/golf/shafts/ShaftLab/WishonSpinetalk.html">Tom Wishon's take on the subject.

if there is a "kick", it has already happened before impact.

If I do this 11,548 more times, I will be having fun. - Zippy the Pinhead

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='mwink822' timestamp='1311874343' post='3431662']
[quote name='csiachos' timestamp='1311122683' post='3405928']
I don't care what your smash factor and spin rate is, a ss of 100-105 is not going to give you a 280-290 carry. All things being perfect, it would still be impossible.
[/quote]

I'd have to agree with this. My swingspeed is in the 102-105 range and my total distance (carry +roll) tops out at 275 and is more commonly right around 260-265 and I have a good consistent repeatable swing.
[/quote]

I have to agree with this as that is my experience as well except that I have an incredibly inconsistant repeatable swing. I can carry my Ping I15 w/ 11* Loft Regular Shaft 255-260 when I am spot on. When I am not, the ground squirrels are diving for cover!

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='allsportscoach' timestamp='1311106481' post='3405209']
Hope I'm in the correct form. Buddy of mine last time he checked swing speed around 100-105 if you read everything your distance is max say 260-270 carry. His carry more 280-290 we was playing a drivable par four this weekend 290-300 he drove it first day ball landed on the green the second day he flew on the back and went over. Is his swing speed wrong or his he doing something to get this extra distance. I'm not complaining I'm happy for him and especially when we play scrambles. He plays the ball back middle of his stance and most part a little closed sometimes square to open but mostly a little closed. With the ball so far back does he create more lag? Thanks for reading!
[/quote]

A.O.A is a key factor. ANGLE OF ATTACK!!!

M1 460//Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 6x
SLDR 3w//GDDI 7x
M1 3Hybrid//Kuro Kage 8x
Mizuno MP-4(7-PW), MP-15(4-6)//C-TaperX

• 3 months later...

So, with all these 100-105 SS, mine is in that neighborhood as well, I probably carry it 250 or so as well. Wondering what shaft and flex would help maximize the distance for a swing with a smooth tempo and smooth tranisiton?

Titleist TSR3 9.25* Tensei 1K Black 65S 45.75"
Titleist TSR2 16.5 Tensei 1K Black 75S 43.25"
Titleist TSR3 19* Tensei 1K Black 75S 42.75" 
Titleist TSR3 3H 19* Tensei 1kB Black 85s 40.5"
Fourteen TC 920 5-PW Project X LZ 6.0
Fourteen DJ-4 48* Project X IO 6.0
Fourteen DJ-5 54* Project X IO 6.0

Fourteen DJ-4 58* Project X IO 6.0
2023 Odyssey Jailbird MH 39"  
2023 Vice Pro Lime

[quote name='northgolf' timestamp='1394763607' post='8867469']

[url="http://www.tutelman.com/golf/shafts/ShaftLab3.php"]http://www.tutelman....s/ShaftLab3.php[/url]
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/552963-10-myths-about-shafts/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...s-about-shafts/[/url]

[/quote]

Certainly all the pros in the sample did. And I have never seen a ShaftLab trace that showed anything but lead at impact -- and, of course, toe down bend (commonly called "toe droop"). And Weathers' article states that, in the TrueTemper study,[i] "Nearly all players, including pros, contact the ball with the shaft in the lead position."[/i]

Most experienced clubfitters and club engineers agree. For instance, see <a href="http://www.tutelman.com/golf/shafts/ShaftLab/WishonSpinetalk.html">Tom Wishon's take on the subject.

[/quote]

Ah so we all agree that shafts "kick".

Personally I could care less where in the swing it happens.

[quote name='theothertomjones' timestamp='1408644907' post='9981121']
[quote name='northgolf' timestamp='1394763607' post='8867469']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ah so we all agree that shafts "kick".

Personally I could care less where in the swing it happens.
[/quote]

Read more closely and with better comprehension. We don't agree.

• 2 weeks later...

LOL anything that flexes form its stationary position and returns to said position after movement from force has a kick. It doesn't matter if its before or after the damn ball, doesn't matter if it flexes in a positive or negative manner, it still kicks; it must; its physics. You can hold a rubber ruler perpendicular to a table top, bend the top back and watch it kick forward. Thats the same thing thats happening to a golf shaft. It kicks. Whether it helps or hurts you is irrelevant. It still kicks.

[quote name='theothertomjones' timestamp='1410043112' post='10076719']
LOL anything that flexes form its stationary position and returns to said position after movement from force has a kick. It doesn't matter if its before or after the damn ball, doesn't matter if it flexes in a positive or negative manner, it still kicks; it must; its physics. You can hold a rubber ruler perpendicular to a table top, bend the top back and watch it kick forward. Thats the same thing thats happening to a golf shaft. It kicks. Whether it helps or hurts you is irrelevant. It still kicks.
[/quote]

Then where does the the toe droop referenced in the tutelman link come from - what caused the shaft to "kick" toward the golfer?

One hypothesis that satisfies both the forward face and toe droop is the clubhead's momentum acting against the centripetal acceleration being applied through the shaft: since the clubhead's center of gravity is behind the shaft line and toward the toe when it (the cg) moves farther away from the shaft the toe droops (bends downward) and the back of the club droops bending the shaft forward. No need for the shaft to bend back and forth at all for it to arrive at impact in the described manner.

The source for this is: "How Golf Clubs Really Work and How to Optimize Their Design" by Werner & Greig

[quote name='northgolf' timestamp='1410288011' post='10090637']
[/quote]

Then where does the the toe droop referenced in the tutelman link come from - what caused the shaft to "kick" toward the golfer?

One hypothesis that satisfies both the forward face and toe droop is the clubhead's momentum acting against the centripetal acceleration being applied through the shaft: since the clubhead's center of gravity is behind the shaft line and toward the toe when it (the cg) moves farther away from the shaft the toe droops (bends downward) and the back of the club droops bending the shaft forward. No need for the shaft to bend back and forth at all for it to arrive at impact in the described manner.

The source for this is: "How Golf Clubs Really Work and How to Optimize Their Design" by Werner & Greig
[/quote]

Tourque of the graphite fibers in construction of the shaft. Depending on how the fibers are interwoven, among a s*** ton of other factors, some shafts can "turn" more than they "spring", ro while they spring, etc.

That is a materials science discussion.

[quote name='theothertomjones' timestamp='1410786304' post='10119323']
[quote name='northgolf' timestamp='1410288011' post='10090637']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Tourque of the graphite fibers in construction of the shaft. Depending on how the fibers are interwoven, among a s*** ton of other factors, some shafts can "turn" more than they "spring", ro while they spring, etc.

That is a materials science discussion.
[/quote]

Yeah, right.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

[quote name='NorCalHacker77' timestamp='1320535312' post='3763937']
[quote name='Papa_golfer' timestamp='1320478754' post='3762085']
[quote name='NEW@GOLF77' timestamp='1317251538' post='3600207']
[quote name='mnplayer' timestamp='1316577329' post='3579073']
My 9 iron is about 140-145 and I am currently carrying it about 265 so I'm not sure how correct this method is.
[/quote]

My 9 Iron average cary is 180 yards and I'm lucky to have my driver carry more than 275-280 consistently
[/quote]

The most recent comment cannot be serious. I don't care who you are, you are not hitting a 9 iron 180 yards...
[/quote]

Even with 125-130 mph SS ( that was tested 3 years ago since then I've gained about 30 lbs of muscle and close to same flexibility) and the fact I most be de-lofting my irons some, you don't think its possible. Not that it will make you believe me anymore but I hit my SW 140+ carry, and PW 170 yards as well. But to bring it in perspective I generally hit my 4 hybrid only 240 to 250 carry so again I probably de-loft my clubs especially the high irons.
[/quote]

this is rich.

Titleist TS3, Evenflow stiff, 9.5, A1
Callaway Rouge SZ w/AD-DI 7x, 13.5*
Callaway Epic 2 Hybrid 18*
Titleist AP3 718 4-pw (weakened 2*)
Bettinardi Studio 28 Arm Lock
Vokey 50*, 54*, 58*
Titleist ProV1x (2017)

• 2 months later...

[quote name='Buzzkill' timestamp='1311297325' post='3412770']
[quote name='Ed Rooney' timestamp='1311124137' post='3406001']
I used to register 105 on all the monitors. My carry was always 235-240 and a total distance on 260-270. This was somewhat proven when I would play my local course with really soft, slow fairways and I NEVER got it past 240. Then I would go to a more normal course and average 260.

I saw a chart once that said the average 105 swinger was carrying it 240.
[/quote]

Refreshing to see some honesty posted here. It is entertaining though to read the crap idiots post regarding their ridiculous distances which doesn't jive with their numbers.
[/quote]Agree with the honesty comment I was starting to think I was the only one on here hitting under 300. Those are my exact numbers 104-106 SS when fitted for my G30 driver carry was average 245 and my total according to my Swing By Swing GPS app is 267. I am working on swing speed and as a 15 handicap I know I can get a bit more if I can hit the sweet spot a little more consistently. After I get my swing speed up a bit and a couple lessons to improve ball striking I'll start checking out aftermarket shafts.

• 1 month later...

nobody on here hits the ball as far as they think they do. Just a fact. Tiger was carrying the ball about 290 back in the day with the fastest move on the ball you will ever see. I'd bet the bank account and give healthy odds that 90-95% on here don't carry the ball on average more than 230-250. Less that .05% carry it more than 275 on average. Because those that do aren't on line talking about it.

[quote name='cheetah440' timestamp='1441113942' post='12244550']
nobody on here hits the ball as far as they think they do. Just a fact. Tiger was carrying the ball about 290 back in the day with the fastest move on the ball you will ever see. I'd bet the bank account and give healthy odds that 90-95% on here don't carry the ball on average more than 230-250. Less that .05% carry it more than 275 on average. Because those that do aren't on line talking about it.
[/quote]

Pretty sure the long drive guys put a faster move on it and I'm pretty sure alot of players on here no exactly how far they hit it but, if you like blanket statements. I'll go out on a limb and say you b**** about almost everything and anyone who is better than you must cheat or lie.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting topic! Certainly a ton of variables including not hitting the ball as well in a simulator indoors. I know I do not swing as well inside!

On trackman I register 100-103 mph driver swing speed. Carry between 230 and 245. On course where I can adjust the tee height to my liking, I hit it farther. Not sure on carry but I hit it between 240 and 305 with roll. My average drives end up in the 260 range on GPS.

Taylormade M6
Callaway Steelhead XR 4+
Mizuno MP-18 mb 4-PW
Titliest SM7 50f, 54s, 58d
SC Phantom X 5.5

• 2 weeks later...

This is always an interesting topic. I usually range anywhere from 108-116 on the launch monitors (Golfsmith) and carry anywhere from 250 (off center hits) to 300, with total distances ranging from 275-320. Ball striking is extremely important. My balls speed is usually between 158-165, but I always feel like I smash better on the course. I usually drive 290-315 on the course. Every once in awhile I will hit it a little less or a little further.

Would like to get my SS up to 125-130 though, and start hitting 340-350 consistently.

Driver: Cobra LTD Pro 7.5o - Kuro Kage DC XT 70 TX - Tipped 1"

UDI: 2019 TaylorMade P790 2i

Irons: 3-PW: Srixon z745 with Modus 130x

Wedges: 52o/56o/60o - Cleveland RTX4s

Putter: Ping Kushin 4

[quote name='NorCalHacker77' timestamp='1317251538' post='3600207']
[quote name='mnplayer' timestamp='1316577329' post='3579073']
[quote name='MadGolfer76' timestamp='1316570830' post='3578826']
[quote name='madjsp' timestamp='1316232842' post='3569745']
[quote name='rhh7' timestamp='1315581571' post='3553040']
[b]My rule of thumb has always been that driver carry equals twice 9-iron carry.[/b]

My swing speed is 105 with the driver.

My 9-iron carry is 120 yards, and my driver carry is 240 yards.

Of course, I am still using a 43", steel-shafted driver!?
[/quote]

That's actually very close to accurate. I wonder if I am hitting the 9 iron exceptionally well, if my driver will fly an extra 10 yards!

In all honesty, I generally get about 240 - 250 carry at roughly 100 mph. Obviously, I get some good roll, and even better roll since I play a slight draw, but my carry isn't spectacular.

What it boils down to is accuracy. If someone could hit it 280 carry, but hit the fairway 3 out of 14, then they are just in trouble. If i can hit it 240 carry with roll, but i'm in the middle, i leave myself with the best shot possible. Accuracy is far more important than carry&distance.
[/quote]

Really? I hit 9i 150'ish and my driver carry is not 300. Even if I backed down to pw, it might be a stretch.
[/quote]

My 9 iron is about 140-145 and I am currently carrying it about 265 so I'm not sure how correct this method is.
[/quote]

My 9 Iron average cary is 180 yards and I'm lucky to have my driver carry more than 275-280 consistently
[/quote]

9 iron 180yds? That's pretty impressive....you wouldn't need a driver if your 4 iron distance is as impressive as your 9 iron. That's long, would like to see other distances.

Titleist 917 D3 Tour Spec Speeder
Titleist 917 F2 Tensei Orange
Titleist 818 H2 Tensei White
Titleist 718 CB 4-PW KBS C-Taper Limited Gun Metal
PXG Darkness 52/58 MCI-100 black
009 ProV1

• 2 weeks later...

A 180-yd 9-iron? WOW! If that is true, then you PW is probably in 160 range and your SW is in the 140 range and a LW is in the 120+ range; that would leave a lot of half shots on most courses. And assuming 15-20 yd gaps, your 5-iron would be about 250 yards. To hit your irons that far would require a lot of clubhead speed and a great smash factor. It would seem that your driver distance (given the same general speed progression would be in the neighborhood of 320-340 carry wouldn't it? Assuming you can control all that, a 600-yard par-5 would be a driver 3-iron at most and almost all courses would be very short for you.

I play with a guy on my league that hits his driver on average a REAL 310-320 carry + roll and it is fun to watch, but the course we play has to be boring because it's a driver and flip wedge or chip on every par 4 and par 5s are driver and mid to short iron.

Titleist TSR3 9.25* Tensei 1K Black 65S 45.75"
Titleist TSR2 16.5 Tensei 1K Black 75S 43.25"
Titleist TSR3 19* Tensei 1K Black 75S 42.75" 
Titleist TSR3 3H 19* Tensei 1kB Black 85s 40.5"
Fourteen TC 920 5-PW Project X LZ 6.0
Fourteen DJ-4 48* Project X IO 6.0
Fourteen DJ-5 54* Project X IO 6.0

Fourteen DJ-4 58* Project X IO 6.0
2023 Odyssey Jailbird MH 39"  
2023 Vice Pro Lime

• 1 month later...

[quote name='kg92lefty' timestamp='1341256727' post='5205434']
Input your numbers here and brace for a reality check.

[url="http://www.flightscope.com/index.php/Technology-Explained/trajectory-optimizer.html"]http://www.flightsco...-optimizer.html[/url]

I also like that people leave out altitude in these discussions.
[/quote]

Go to that above link, and if you think your "Special" and more than a few yards off what you input, then by all means, take the blue pill...

lol