Drums beating, cold English blood
runs hot.
they just can't kill the beast

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i do not have a problem with what he said it's the way he said it , is he a more complete man for giving the slam to Tiger ? who honestly know the reasons on why Tiger fired him ?? i have no doubt there is more than what is said in public ,but for Stevie he sought vindication and he got it . what happened to the days that when things like this happen the person keeps quiet and moves on but i presume everyone wants their 5 minutes of fame

Why would Adam openly bash his caddie and cause drama? Stevie helped him win (granted with how Adam was playing any person from the crowd or watching at home could've carried his sticks) so why would Adam publicly say that he has a problem with what Steve said? Adam might be thinking something else but he's the only one that knows that.

[quote name='sandwedge59' timestamp='1312926227' post='3467677']
i do not have a problem with what he said it's the way he said it , is he a more complete man for giving the slam to Tiger ? who honestly know the reasons on why Tiger fired him ?? i have no doubt there is more than what is said in public ,but for Stevie he sought vindication and he got it . what happened to the days that when things like this happen the person keeps quiet and moves on but i presume everyone wants their 5 minutes of fame
[/quote]

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this thread referring to how AS feels about all this and NOT SW's interview? There is another thread- seems to be pretty active as well...

Adam Scott says this:

[quote]"Look, we've had a chat about the whole thing," said Scott, whose laid-back personality is a striking contrast to Williams' emotional demeanor. "I just took what he said as confidence in me. If he really feel that was one of his great wins, I'm kind of flattered and it fills me with confidence. I think that's what his intention is, to be honest."[/quote]

That is a classy comment. That is a team mate, mate. And Scott did say that Stevie won too.

All players say "we". Like "we" had 156 yards in, "we" made birdie, "we" won.

Even though many here are saying that Stevie did not win; I think if you ask the players, there is a reason they say, "WE won".

Course, now that I think of it, never heard Tiger say "we" all that much. Hmmmmm......

Valhalla, I am coming!
runs hot.

The Germans didn't have a problem with Hitler's comments either...

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

[quote name='hogans71' timestamp='1312926772' post='3467704']
[/quote]

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this thread referring to how AS feels about all this and NOT SW's interview? There is another thread- seems to be pretty active as well...
[/quote]

I guess they posed the question to AS, "did Stevie steal the attention from Scott". That is when AS dropped the little nugget quoted above.

Valhalla, I am coming!
runs hot.

[i][b]i do not have a problem with what he said it's the way he said it [/b][/i], is he a more complete man for giving the slam to Tiger ? who honestly know the reasons on why Tiger fired him ?? i have no doubt there is more than what is said in public ,but for Stevie he sought vindication and he got it . what happened to the days that when things like this happen the person keeps quiet and moves on but i presume everyone wants their 5 minutes of fame
[/quote]
[quote]
[i][b]i do not have a problem with what he said it's the way he said it [/b][/i][/quote]

So honestly, how could the words, "this is the best week of my life" be said without it bugging you? He did not say it maliciously, or with a growl in his voice. He just said it kind of happily. I mean the man's eyes were smiling. It made me feel happy for him. Just not sure why it bugged people. He never said that he did not mean to say that. I think he honestly felt that.

Initially the problem was, the interview was taking the spotlight off of Adam Scott. When Scott says it didn't, in fact he said it gave him confidence, people still have a problem.

It's over. And Stevie did no wrong. Get over it.

If Scott is OK with it, what else matters?

Valhalla, I am coming!
runs hot.

I saw the interview with Adam Scott and he said everything right. He pacified everyone. I think he did say Williams might have acted a little over exuberant but premised it by saying, "but that's has Steve is". Class act.

Titleist 915 10.5
Callaway Epic, 15 degree 3 metal
Adams Idea Tech V4 18 Hybrid
Mizuno MP-54 4-PW Irons
Callaway MD 3, 50, 54 & 58 wedges
Scotty Cameron Kombi S, 34

[quote name='Playaway' timestamp='1312928980' post='3467798']
So honestly, how could the words, "this is the best week of my life" be said without it bugging you? [b]He did not say it maliciously, or with a growl in his voice. He just said it kind of happily. I mean the man's eyes were smiling[/b]. It made me feel happy for him. Just not sure why it bugged people. He never said that he did not mean to say that. I think he honestly felt that.

Initially the problem was, the interview was taking the spotlight off of Adam Scott. When Scott says it didn't, in fact he said it gave him confidence, people still have a problem.

It's over. And Stevie did no wrong. Get over it.

If Scott is OK with it, what else matters?
[/quote]

He clearly made his comments as a jab at Tiger.

"I had a lot of anger in me about what happened and it all came out," - Steve
http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/6847308/adam-scott-talked-caddie-steve-williams-tiger-woods-comments

Do I care what, why, or how he said this? No.

It does bother me that they spent more time talking to the caddy than AS, he seems like a cool guy, wish he got the attention he deserved with that dominating performance.

[quote name='Playaway' timestamp='1312927926' post='3467756']
[quote name='hogans71' timestamp='1312926772' post='3467704']
[/quote]

[/quote]

I guess they posed the question to AS, "did Stevie steal the attention from Scott". That is when AS dropped the little nugget quoted above.
[/quote]

I get that- this is in regards to how AS felt. Not where SW went wrong...

I spent about 5 minutes today talking with Steve (granted I did most of the talking) and here's how it went.

As I was walking past the caddy dining area, I saw Steve sitting a golf cart outside the building. Steve and I have spoken in the past (again me talking/asking if I could take photos of Tiger's golf bag & clubs, with Steve sort of mumbling what ever). I stopped at the golf cart, introduced myself and told him right up front that I have not always been a Steve Williams fan but after watching the WGC @ Firestone I could really tell that he was indeed having a great time with Adam.

Steve's face lit up and he was beaming again. I extended my hand said congrats on the win and said in my opinion, I did not feel that he was taking a shot at Tiger but was stating a fact that this was his most enjoyable tournament, ever. I felt he was in a no win situation because the media was looking for a story and no matter how he answered their questions (or didn't answer) they were going to have a story. Steve was going to be the bad guy again in their mind.

Steve shook my hand, smiled, said thank you mate, that means a lot to me! A little more small talk and I wished he and AS the best of luck this week.

Again, smiling from ear to ear (not something you saw much while he was with Tiger), he once again thanked me and wished me a good week as well.

I have watched Steve for a lot of years (way before Tiger) with Raymond Floyd & Greg Norman. He never seemed this happy.

My view of Steve Williams has changed a lot, for the better.

Greg

GolfWRX.com
twitter @gdm43pga

This whole thing will be old news as soon as TW's presser is over with tomorrow morning. I think the most ridicules comment I keep reading from WRX posters is "it must have been hell working for Tiger Woods" or "Stevie looks so much happier now that he's on Scott's bag" I don't remember seeing anyone holding gun to his head making him work for Woods. He made a ton of money, he was able to fund a hobby that he loves. (car racing) I'd say he's had a pretty good run of good luck.

Titleist 915 10.5
Callaway Epic, 15 degree 3 metal
Adams Idea Tech V4 18 Hybrid
Mizuno MP-54 4-PW Irons
Callaway MD 3, 50, 54 & 58 wedges
Scotty Cameron Kombi S, 34

[quote name='Ridgecrest18' timestamp='1312935462' post='3468117']
[quote name='stage1350' timestamp='1312927778' post='3467746']
The Germans didn't have a problem with Hitler's comments either...
[/quote]

This has got to be one of the most inane comments yet. Oh wait... two posts down there appears to be another contender.
[/quote]

Both of our comments are simply to state the fact that one person or group of people's thoughts on a statement do not determine whether or not that statement or set of beliefs is right or wrong. There are objective ways to look at things. Sorry if that was lost on you and came across as inanity.

I guarantee you that Scott was not happy about what STevie said. He is laid back and not one to want to stir any controversy whatsoever. That being said, I'm sure he's still very happy to have Stevie on board.

Also....I can kind of jive with what Stevie has been saying EXCEPT when he brings in "his racecar driving" in the conversation. WTF? get outta here stevie with that crap.

To me, the worst thing is that Adam Scott seems to be a great guy, class act, and has always conducted himself well - now that the SW drama has taken over the news, I find myself hoping he never wins again.

SW had the best job on Earth...made millions and needs to cry about someone letting him go after 13 years or whatever.

Almost everyone I know has had a number of jobs and had to move on after things didn't work out.

He doesn't want to get in the middle of it. He knows the media wants something to eat, and he's fine with them making it bigger than it should be.

Same reason the local sports guy took pictures of Stevie, and Tigers manager having some words out on the grounds.. Who gives a crap.

The only reason it's a big deal, is because people want to make it a big deal. Grown men need soap operas more than women I think sometimes.

[quote name='Jimbud' timestamp='1312929505' post='3467824']
I saw the interview with Adam Scott and he said everything right. He pacified everyone. I think he did say Williams might have acted a little over exuberant but premised it by saying, "but that's has Steve is". Class act.
[/quote]

Adam Scott is awesome. If Stevie is smart, he will realize how lucky he is to be working with Adam. I think they will make a great team. Adam may have needed someone to push him a bit and he found the right guy.

[quote name='m5power' timestamp='1312937484' post='3468238']
[b]I guarantee you that Scott was not happy about what STevie said.[/b] He is laid back and not one to want to stir any controversy whatsoever. That being said, I'm sure he's still very happy to have Stevie on board.

Also....I can kind of jive with what Stevie has been saying EXCEPT when he brings in "his racecar driving" in the conversation. WTF? get outta here stevie with that crap.
[/quote]

Ah, ok, you've spoken to Scott on the matter?

Don't you just love this place when so many members write as if they have the cell phone numbers of every player (and their caddies) in the top 20 rankings.

[quote name='pga43' timestamp='1312934676' post='3468077']
I spent about 5 minutes today talking with Steve (granted I did most of the talking) and here's how it went.

As I was walking past the caddy dining area, I saw Steve sitting a golf cart outside the building. Steve and I have spoken in the past (again me talking/asking if I could take photos of Tiger's golf bag & clubs, with Steve sort of mumbling what ever). I stopped at the golf cart, introduced myself and told him right up front that I have not always been a Steve Williams fan but after watching the WGC @ Firestone I could really tell that he was indeed having a great time with Adam.

Steve's face lit up and he was beaming again. I extended my hand said congrats on the win and said in my opinion, I did not feel that he was taking a shot at Tiger but was stating a fact that this was his most enjoyable tournament, ever. [b]I felt he was in a no win situation because the media was looking for a story and no matter how he answered their questions (or didn't answer) they were going to have a story. Steve was going to be the bad guy again in their mind.[/b]Steve shook my hand, smiled, said thank you mate, that means a lot to me! A little more small talk and I wished he and AS the best of luck this week.

Again, smiling from ear to ear (not something you saw much while he was with Tiger), he once again thanked me and wished me a good week as well.

I have watched Steve for a lot of years (way before Tiger) with Raymond Floyd & Greg Norman. He never seemed this happy.

My view of Steve Williams has changed a lot, for the better.

Greg
[/quote]

I don't think SW was in a no-win situation. He probably could have said as a caddie, he does not do interview. Or he could have said he is happy for Adam and he is great to help.

Truthfully, he could have simply changed his statement to: 'This week was ONE of the best week of my life' rather than 'This is THE best week of my life', then I think that leaves little room for arguments (well, except on WRX, perhaps :))

Stevie shoud not have even taken that interview. He's a freakin' caddie for goodness sakes. Last I checked he didn't hit one single shot and deserves little to no credit for that performance. I've asked multiple pga professionals at my course exactly what the role of the caddie is for elite golfers like Adam Scott / Tiger Woods and they both gave the same response : Keep up and Shut up!