2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

judging players by their bags

MtlJeff

SwingBlues, your post are the best. Can you help introduce me to the WRX gang?

Taylormade Rocketballz 9.5 Stock stiff shaft. Glue-in variety.

Taylormade V-steel 3 and 5 woods. stock stiff shafts. These clubs have horribly ugly sky marks on the top edges because I let my son and his friend take them to the driving range once while they were not in the bag.

Ping ISI s 3-PW. Purchased these new 20 years ago. Black dot. JZ s shaft. I used Wilson Staff blades for many of the last 20 years, but could never get rid of Pings as they are engraved with my name on the hosel. I'm liking them a lot these days.

Titleist 5210 and 5812 wedges.

Wilson TPA V putter.

All clubs freshly regripped with GP Tour Velvet.

Wilson Zip ball.

Finally hung up my canvas Mackenzie walker bag for a Wilson Cart bag and a push cart.

Taylormade V-steel 3 and 5 woods. stock stiff shafts. These clubs have horribly ugly sky marks on the top edges because I let my son and his friend take them to the driving range once while they were not in the bag.

Ping ISI s 3-PW. Purchased these new 20 years ago. Black dot. JZ s shaft. I used Wilson Staff blades for many of the last 20 years, but could never get rid of Pings as they are engraved with my name on the hosel. I'm liking them a lot these days.

Wilson TPA V putter.

Wilson Zip ball.

Finally hung up my canvas Mackenzie walker bag for a Wilson Cart bag and a push cart.

Since you asked so nicely, how can I say no...so here we go.

Your equipment remind me of the old boys at the Mens Club, sitting there on a long table overlooking the 18th, puffs of smoke and sound of cards slapping the table. An occassional BURP with no followup apologies. While they game hard at the cards, they game harder on the course. Never, ever take these boys on, as their equipment may be OLD, lack the shiny new gleam of the 916 Titleist or the AP2 714 irons....they will take your money and you won't know what hit you.

You are one of those boys.

The driver is long for your swing, you love it and you have been trying out many new FAN-DANGLE new adjustable drivers but none of them feel right. You like the light head and hence you emphasis on the "glue-in" variety...can't let the cat out of the bag that you hate the adjustable drivers. Heavy headed drivers never worked for you..."too damn heavy to swing" is your quiet comment in your mind.

Irons are interesting as well. As a player of Wilson Staff blades myself (I grew up on them, thanks Dad)...these suckers were HARD to hit but "forgiveness" was not a word around the Golf World then. Sissy was and a man's blade was the Wilson Staff back then. You were good then and as you age, the ISI is more "forgiving" and you can hang that manly-man hat away...just enjoying striking the irons.

You are not a tournament guy...not sure how much of your equipment is now stupid-USGA legal but who cares..you don't. Screw the USGA as I will use the ISI until they have a hole in the face.

Your wedge is like the rest of your bag. Even the model number did resonate with me....and I had to google these wedges. Why change, these wedges are bomb. Screw the USGA and their Amateur competition....plus they'll dock you a penalty if the ball moves like they did DJ.

Kinda surprise you kept the Wilson TPA V and not have a Ping Anser or MyDay or a classic Ping putter in the bag.

All up, this bag is old but IT IS YOU. You definitely will not even make the line to the GolfWRX Club Ho's drinking party...bouncer will kick you out and they'll call the cops on you....but any of those dogs come out and play you on an Executive course, you'll OWN them.

16 cap but can shoot single digit but will not show your hand unless there is money in the pot. Dangerously good.

ps recommend you try the Ping G driver, its light and long, you'll love it but cut it down to your RBZ length.

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz Maz Broomstick ACCRA shaft, 44"
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

Curious what you guys think of my bag.

Calloway Big Bertha 460 10* Aldila NVS 55 stiff

Cobra S3 Fujikara tx 006 stiff flex (although I kind of miss my Cobra Gravity Back with steel shaft)

Cobra pro mb DG S300 3-pw .5" longer than standard and 1* upright

Cobra s3 pro mb 50* gap DG S300 +.5" and 1* up

Cobra Trusty Rusty 55*, 61* DG S300 + .5" and 1" up

Cobra Bobby Grace 2200 softie 33.5"

What do you think about that NVS 55? I love really light driver shafts but I am hit or miss with that shaft. I either hit the ball a mile down the fairway or a mile away from the fairway. I need to find that perfect 58g shaft that has the stiffness of a 65g shaft.

Wilson TPA V putter.

Wilson Zip ball.

Since you asked so nicely, how can I say no...so here we go.

Your equipment remind me of the old boys at the Mens Club, sitting there on a long table overlooking the 18th, puffs of smoke and sound of cards slapping the table. An occassional BURP with no followup apologies. While they game hard at the cards, they game harder on the course. Never, ever take these boys on, as their equipment may be OLD, lack the shiny new gleam of the 916 Titleist or the AP2 714 irons....they will take your money and you won't know what hit you.

You are one of those boys.

The driver is long for your swing, you love it and you have been trying out many new FAN-DANGLE new adjustable drivers but none of them feel right. You like the light head and hence you emphasis on the "glue-in" variety...can't let the cat out of the bag that you hate the adjustable drivers. Heavy headed drivers never worked for you..."too damn heavy to swing" is your quiet comment in your mind.

Irons are interesting as well. As a player of Wilson Staff blades myself (I grew up on them, thanks Dad)...these suckers were HARD to hit but "forgiveness" was not a word around the Golf World then. Sissy was and a man's blade was the Wilson Staff back then. You were good then and as you age, the ISI is more "forgiving" and you can hang that manly-man hat away...just enjoying striking the irons.

You are not a tournament guy...not sure how much of your equipment is now stupid-USGA legal but who cares..you don't. Screw the USGA as I will use the ISI until they have a hole in the face.

Your wedge is like the rest of your bag. Even the model number did resonate with me....and I had to google these wedges. Why change, these wedges are bomb. Screw the USGA and their Amateur competition....plus they'll dock you a penalty if the ball moves like they did DJ.

Kinda surprise you kept the Wilson TPA V and not have a Ping Anser or MyDay or a classic Ping putter in the bag.

All up, this bag is old but IT IS YOU. You definitely will not even make the line to the GolfWRX Club Ho's drinking party...bouncer will kick you out and they'll call the cops on you....but any of those dogs come out and play you on an Executive course, you'll OWN them.

16 cap but can shoot single digit but will not show your hand unless there is money in the pot. Dangerously good.

ps recommend you try the Ping G driver, its light and long, you'll love it but cut it down to your RBZ length.

SwingBlues, Thank you for the introduction! I am grinning from ear to ear.

I hesitate to correct a thing as doing so would be to insult your genius. I will add just a bit to your curiosity though: In fact, my two favs of all my many back up putters are a 70's Ping Anser and My Day. I wish they, or better, my The Wilson 8802 putted as well as my TPA, but at the end of the day, score does matter.

The Fan-Dangle adjustable drivers do freak me out just a bit, I know if I was to own one I'd fiddle with it between every single round, and how in the world does one little screw hold the head onto the shaft? I'm terrified that if I go down that rabbit hole, the next GolfWRX ho drinking party would have to be held in my den. As it is, there are remnants of GolfWRX ho like behavior evident throughout the garage. A peak at my kid's bags, as well as the old sets in the attic are proof a plenty. Thank you for the driver recommendation, I've seen great things from the Ping G driver, it is on the list for sure.

OMG, I truly could clean up on a well groomed Executive 9, and I dream that will be my future in 30 years time, but the blue tees are still my friend, so the Exec 9 will wait.

I did read recently that my clubs are not valid for USGA events! What gives USGA? Luckily the local men's club and amateur events don't worry about these old sticks. And heck no, DJ did not address that ball:)

After 15 years away from the game, (played in college and was a PGA member) the kids are older and I'm loving golf again. Your assessment of my game is wonderful, divide your numbers by 3 and you've hit the nail on the head. Welp, there is my WRX intro! Thank you SwingBlues, your genius is truly appreciated!

P.S. After rereading your first paragraph, I must add that my absolute favorite gamble add on is the "midair press".

Cobra S3 Fujikara tx 006 stiff flex (although I kind of miss my Cobra Gravity Back with steel shaft)

What do you think about that NVS 55? I love really light driver shafts but I am hit or miss with that shaft. I either hit the ball a mile down the fairway or a mile away from the fairway. I need to find that perfect 58g shaft that has the stiffness of a 65g shaft.

Honestly, I have barely hit it cause it just went in the bag. I am just getting back into the game after a 15 year absence. My last driver was a Taylor Made Supersteel 8.5* so that tells you where I'm coming from. I used to bomb that thing. I still prefer steel shafts in my woods so I'm not sure I'm gonna love this club. Maybe steelfiber shafts will be more for me? I'm not so up on the latest equipment. I'm very old school. Blades and steel shafts!

Ok, read me my future:

Srixon z545 9.5 driver

Srixon zh45 2&3 hybrids

Srixon zu45 utility: both bent to 22 & 24 as replacement for 4 and 5 irons. Great for positional shots.

0311 irons 6-AW

Callaway Md3 PM grind wedges 54 & 60

Miura KM 008 forged putter

Srixon Q star ball

Ogio grom bag

Hard to read this one. At first i thought you were a traditionalist. The Srixon woods and Miura putter tell me you like the classic, simple shapes and try to stay true to the golf style of old.

And then, like a sexually confused college student, you put the modern and outlandish PXG and MD3s into a chic modern Ogio Grom bag (which could either be the classic black or tartan, or the modern weave)

You also have way too much money. Either an established middle aged man with the latest gear or a younger player with no financial responsibilities.

Or a young player earning way to much money.

[font=times new roman,times,serif]Callaway [b]XR 16[/b] 8 deg - Kuro Kage 50g[/font]
Cobra [b]F6[/b] 3/4 Wood 13.5 deg - [color=#545454][font=arial, sans-serif][size=1]Matrix Red Tie 65Q4 67g[/size][/font][/color]
[font=times new roman, times, serif]TaylorMade [b]SLDR[/b] 5 Wood 17.5 Deg - Fujikura Speeder 77[/font]
[font=times new roman,times,serif]Srixon [b]Z 355[/b] 4-PW, Nippon N.S.PRO 950 GH DST[/font]
[font=times new roman,times,serif]Callaway [b]Mack Daddy[/b] 50/12s - Dynamic Gold Wedge
Wilson Staff [b]FG Tour Traction Control[/b] 54 and 60 degree - Dynamic Gold Wedge
Cleveland[b] Huntington Beach Collection [/b]No.4[/font]

new kit.

Taylormade SLDR S 12 deg - Fujikura Speeder 57g - Golf Pride Super Tack

Mizuno JPX EZ 3 wood 15 deg - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye 70g - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360

Mizuno JPX EZ 4 Hybrid 22deg - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye 65g - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360

Mizuno MP-52 3-PW - Nippon N.S Pro 950GH 95g - Mizuno M-21(Golf Pride)

Wilson Staff FG Tour Traction Control 54 and 60 degree - Dynamic Gold Wedge - Lambkin 3GEN

Mizuno MP-A301 - Winn WinnPro X 1.32

Callway SR1

Titleist Stadry 2016

Bag Boy c3

[font=times new roman,times,serif]Callaway [b]XR 16[/b] 8 deg - Kuro Kage 50g[/font]
Cobra [b]F6[/b] 3/4 Wood 13.5 deg - [color=#545454][font=arial, sans-serif][size=1]Matrix Red Tie 65Q4 67g[/size][/font][/color]
[font=times new roman, times, serif]TaylorMade [b]SLDR[/b] 5 Wood 17.5 Deg - Fujikura Speeder 77[/font]
[font=times new roman,times,serif]Srixon [b]Z 355[/b] 4-PW, Nippon N.S.PRO 950 GH DST[/font]
[font=times new roman,times,serif]Callaway [b]Mack Daddy[/b] 50/12s - Dynamic Gold Wedge
Wilson Staff [b]FG Tour Traction Control[/b] 54 and 60 degree - Dynamic Gold Wedge

Ok, read me my future:

Srixon z545 9.5 driver

Srixon zh45 2&3 hybrids

Srixon zu45 utility: both bent to 22 & 24 as replacement for 4 and 5 irons. Great for positional shots.

0311 irons 6-AW

Srixon Q star ball

Ogio grom bag

Hard to read this one. At first i thought you were a traditionalist. The Srixon woods and Miura putter tell me you like the classic, simple shapes and try to stay true to the golf style of old.

And then, like a sexually confused college student, you put the modern and outlandish PXG and MD3s into a chic modern Ogio Grom bag (which could either be the classic black or tartan, or the modern weave)

You also have way too much money. Either an established middle aged man with the latest gear or a younger player with no financial responsibilities.

That was very good. Creative, as it was thoughtful. The piece you wrote about classic shapes is correct. My affection for the game has grown exponentially and since I have the means to buy what I need, I usually take my time purchasing what I truly want. Srixon is dear to me because the equipment they carry screams quality. They glide under the radar and this makes my appeal for them that much more profound. The 0311 irons replaced the formidable z545's. My usage of the 545's was limited. They were my first new set and so my need to have them was still very much trial based. Believe me when I tell you that the 0311 irons would have been my choice at any reasonable price point. The wedges were chosen over many other classic brands. I think Mr. Cleveland's Md3 design is genius and it fits my style of play. Besides, he is the reason Cleveland Wedges have a solid reputation. Seemed reasonable for me to go with the original creator of one of the most sought after wedges. The bag. I like classic. The Grom bag comes in black with a pattern like design that gives it a very elegant appearance. To add to the vintage modern look, my weaved leather iliac golf headcovers give it the appropriate blend of new without compromising my respect for its old tradition.

This does look entertaining ....

Ping Anser 10.5 degree with stock ping shaft (stiff), set to neutral

cobra amp cell 3-4 wood (set to 17 degree/4+) with X flex KuroKage shaft (club head is mostly white version)

Ping G15 hybrid (20 degree), +1 inch

Ping Rapture 4i-gw, +2 inches, white dot, stiff

Vokey 54 degree spin mill, +2 inches and I think +2 upright

Vokey 58 degree (one model older than the red spin mill), +2 inches and I think +2 upright

Ping senita B 38 inch CB putter

all in a Sun Mountain C-130 cart bag

ProV1x

FJ weathersof

FJ Icons

I'd be pretty shocked if anyone gets close to me based on the bag.. it kind of a hodgepodge and a few things are overdue to be replaced.

First up, your middle initials are M.K - Matt Kuchar. Dude, you must be as tall and have a very upright swing. Everything is extended but at least you know how to fit yourself with any equipment now but its costly as everything has to be extended or bent...which is probably a reason you don't change equipment too often.

You are definitely not like the 99% of this WRX community - equipment hoe. You find what works for you and you keep it. This is evident by the Anser driver, it works well for you and you are pretty straight with it. I don't think you are that fast of a swinger and I will guess you probably hit this 260, may be 270, probably a fade is your natural shot.

3 & 4 wood is interesting, you probably got a good deal on these 2 clubs as a pair and it came with the x-flex but hey, you can hit it and its long enough for you.The G15 is overdue but you hit it so well...tough to replace.

The Rapture, you really like. Its long enough for you, forgiving. I think you'll keep this till there is a hole in the face and then you'll lash out for another set of Raptures. These are big heads but in your mind & as you hang around here, you care less about the size of the head and can't be pushed to the blade pings like the S series. These raptures work for you and you're happy, end of story.

The Senita B at that length is probably putted arm lock style. You got it because you struggle with putting, it was the weakest part of the game so it helps that Ping has a big mallet head and the face grooves which work for you. This is the club that you say to yourself..best thing since slice bread.

Ok, I think you are probably shoot at a 9 to 11 cap but you can score, hit it about 260-270 driver. You luv what you have and only change when you really need to like the putter or hang on to it till it dies, G15 hybrid.

Hilarious. Great response. You were pretty darn close on a lot. I am tall. My index floats between ~5.5 and 9.0, depending on how crappy my ball striking is during any given stretch. Ball striking is my weakness, I chip and putt it pretty darn decent. I do hit my driver about 260, counting a little roll, on a good one. My ball flight is very straight, or a very slight draw. When things start going badly, watch out left. I actually did get a deal on the Cobra 3 wood - $60 for two of them used on Ebay, one with the stock stiff shaft and one with the stock X. The X shaft with the head set to 4+ wood just seems to give me the best ball flight (I dislike seeing the ball balloon). The other one lives in my trunk.

I need to replace the hybrid, I like the head but the shaft is too weak (I think) and it is a hook machine unless I swing in what feels like slow motion. I also need to replace the wedges as they are 6 and 7 years old respectively. I love my irons, they were my first ever fitted set, back when I battled a slice and bad golf swing, and they helped correct that. I have gotten better however and now the irons are a little too upright, causing me to hook them if I am not careful. Bending Pings is a pain, so I am either getting a new set this year, or maybe shipping them to Ping in the winter and having them flattened a degree or two.

Putter is a new favorite. I picked it up on Ebay about 18 months ago. Replaced a old 8802 that I had forever and loved. I am probably very slightly worse with the Senita from 10 feet and in, but I am 100X better on the long lag putts. Traditional grip, no Kuchar style however.

Don't really know how to explain my bag, read and see:

Driver: Nike Vapor Pro 9,5* - Diamana Blue X-Stiff

3/5-Wood: Nike Vapor Speed 15/19* - Diamana Blue X-Stiff

Irons: Mizuno MP5 (4-P) TT DG X100, +½ and 2* upright

Wedges: Wilson Staff FG TOUR TC 52/56*

Putter: Ping Karsten TR 35,5"

Ball: ProV1x

Good luck.

[b][font=times new roman,times,serif]WITB:[/font][/b]

[font=times new roman,times,serif][b]Driver: [/b]Nike Vapor Pro (10,5 degrees)
Shaft: Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana s+ Blue Board 60g X-Stiff

[b]3-wood:[/b] Nike Vapor Speed (15 degrees)
Shaft: ------ " ------

[b]5-wood: [/b]Nike Vapor Speed (19 degrees)

[b]Irons: [/b]Mizuno MP4 (4-PW) (2 degrees upright)
Shaft: N.S.PRO Modus3 Tour 105 X-stiff + 0,5"

[b]Wedges: [/b]Mizuno T7 White Satin (51-08, 56-14) (1 degree upright)

[b]Putter: [/b]Ping Karsten TR Anser 2 (35,25")
[b]Ball: [/b]Titleist ProV1x[/font]

I notice not a whole lot of people are reviewing bags, but that's okay with me because swingblues responses are a lot of fun to read.

This is my bag if anyone wants to judge (ignore my rambling, if you're going to judge as I gave too many clues!)

Driver: Nike Vapor Pro -stock stiff

3-Wood: Taylormade Burner 2.0 - stock regular

Irons: Nike Fly Pro 4-AW - DG Pro s300

Wedges: Cleveland 54* and 58*

Putter: Nike Ignite 004

Ball: Whatever is in my pocket

Ok, read me my future:

Srixon z545 9.5 driver

Srixon zh45 2&3 hybrids

0311 irons 6-AW

Srixon Q star ball

Ogio grom bag

That was very good. Creative, as it was thoughtful. The piece you wrote about classic shapes is correct. My affection for the game has grown exponentially and since I have the means to buy what I need, I usually take my time purchasing what I truly want. Srixon is dear to me because the equipment they carry screams quality. They glide under the radar and this makes my appeal for them that much more profound. The 0311 irons replaced the formidable z545's. My usage of the 545's was limited. They were my first new set and so my need to have them was still very much trial based. Believe me when I tell you that the 0311 irons would have been my choice at any reasonable price point. The wedges were chosen over many other classic brands. I think Mr. Cleveland's Md3 design is genius and it fits my style of play. Besides, he is the reason Cleveland Wedges have a solid reputation. Seemed reasonable for me to go with the original creator of one of the most sought after wedges. The bag. I like classic. The Grom bag comes in black with a pattern like design that gives it a very elegant appearance. To add to the vintage modern look, my weaved leather iliac golf headcovers give it the appropriate blend of new without compromising my respect for its old tradition.

So it begs the question. Are you an established middle aged man or a young hothead with no financial responsibility? :lol:

Ok, read me my future:

Srixon z545 9.5 driver

Srixon zh45 2&3 hybrids

0311 irons 6-AW

Srixon Q star ball

Ogio grom bag

So it begs the question. Are you an established middle aged man or a young hothead with no financial responsibility? :lol:

neither. I am 37 and at the point where I am old enough to allocate funds in the appropriate places so that the financial burden is minimal, but I am not old enough, yet, to benefit financially from the good situation I am in. You follow?

I tend to look more at the condition of their clubs....

for example, when I see wear spots on the face of their Mizzy irons all in the sweet spot, I know not to play that guys for money!

Jeff is right though, I've seen scratch golfers with older, well-loved clubs along with 40 cappers with new blades, R11 TP's, 4 wedges and a Tour Issue Scotty.

-spin

Quite right. Beware the golfer rocking Tommy Armour 845's and Ping Pal putter - not the guy to play for money unless he's got his leg in plaster.

You got it jaskanski.......

I once got rocked by an old man gaming a Bulls-eye putter. Lesson learned!

-spin

Ha, I get beat regularly by a 65 yr old with a knock off Bullseye putter

I notice not a whole lot of people are reviewing bags, but that's okay with me because swingblues responses are a lot of fun to read.

This is my bag if anyone wants to judge (ignore my rambling, if you're going to judge as I gave too many clues!)

No one else can do it as well as swingblues.

I've reviewed a bunch but not had mine reviewed, so if you feel like it here it goes...

Driver: M2 9.5 cranked to 10.25, Stiff Kuro Kage Black

3 Wood: XR Pro 14* Stiff Project X LZ

Hybrids: 18* Adams Super 9031 Stiff Diamana 82 HY, 21* Callaway X Hot Stiff Project X 6.0

Irons: Mizuno MP30 5-9 RCM Rifle 6.5 Flighted (5 iron bent to 25.8*)

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM4 48*, Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 52*, Titleist SM5 56*&60* M Grind

Putter: Odyssey Works Versa 9

Ball: 16' Bridgestone B330

Bag: Titleist Lightweight Stand Bag Hunter Green

Your wet dream is to be at the last NBA game that MJ plays and having MJ sign your Air Jordans as he waves goodbye and leave the court...and as he bends down to sign it, a sweat drips down and -PLONK- right between your eye. Oops....wake up, you just dunked another Whatever ball into the lake.

Lucky you have more of the Whatever ball in your pocket. Pull it out & replay that wet dream.

Yes, you are a die hard Nike man and not knowing you, I gather you are decked out in your swoosh flat bill cap, Rory polo and wearing the Nike Flyknit Chukka. Yeah.

You love the Nike Vapor Pro, best driver and you hope for the Rory mojo to rub off on you as your tee up your whatever ball. Driver was a good buy at Dicks/Edwin Watts, pulled it off the shelf, hit it in a juiced up monitor and RORY you are. 290 straight bomb on the monitor. Yes, who cares about the stock stiff shaft...thats EXACTLY what Rory uses. Right.

Wink. Wink. Wink.

Your latest purchase are your Nike Fly Pro. You love the head and the Nike swoosh. You love the aesthetics of these heads and they feel pretty good when you compress the whatever ball.

The Burner 3 wood is probably your rescue club. Left over days before the Nike fever began. Before the Vapor pro, you probably didn't drive it that well and out comes the long Burner wood. You can use all 44" of the 3 wood to get you near the green. All 44" of it (if you are married or have a GF, she knows what this means...ask her. Wink).

Close to the green, the Cleveland wedges save you but I KNOW you are eyeing to replace them with the Nike Engage wedges. A dual sole or toe sweep would do well in your Nike bag.

The Nike Ignite putter is a trusty rusty. You aim well with the center shafted mallet head and its good for your putting game which is keeping your scores low.

Right now, I think you play to a 16 to 18 cap, probably hit it 240-250 and your real wet dream is to have a round with RORs...or a 006 Limited Rors won't be too bad either...lol :pimp:

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts

Driver: Ping G30 LS Tec 9* w/ Ping Tour 65 X-flex shaft

3w: Ping G30 14.5* (set to 15.1*) w/ Ping Tour 80 X-flex shaft

3c: Ping G Crossover 18* w/ Ping Tour 90 X-flex shaft

4i-UW: Ping i3 o-size w/ JZ Cushin S-flex shafts

56*/60*: Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0

Putter: Odyssey works versa #7 w/ superstroke

Ball: Snell MTB or Pinnacle Rush

Titleist TSi3 8° - HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 60TX

Titleist TS3 15° - HZRDUS Black (Hand Crafted) 70TX

Titleist 818 H2 19° - Tensei Pro White 100TX

Ping i200 - SteelFiber i125x

Edison - SteelFiber i125s

LAB DF 2.1 Armlock - LAGP

Snell MTB-X

Driver: Ping G30 LS Tec 9* w/ Ping Tour 65 X-flex shaft

3w: Ping G30 14.5* (set to 15.1*) w/ Ping Tour 80 X-flex shaft

3c: Ping G Crossover 18* w/ Ping Tour 90 X-flex shaft

4i-UW: Ping i3 o-size w/ JZ Cushin S-flex shafts

56*/60*: Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0

Putter: Odyssey works versa #7 w/ superstroke

Ball: Snell MTB or Pinnacle Rush

I can't do as well as the other guy, but this one sang for me.

You are slowly yet surely building a great bag, when, low and behold, your old pings beat the new offerings.

You are trying to find reasons to get rid of them, but you can't. So, you inherently go after the golden ball. You like the snells but based on the time it takes to get them, you play another ball when you forget to place an order. The pinnacles are OK, but you prefer the snells.

Your crossover is both your savior and curse. You hit it great but it allows you to be too aggressive and force bad positions.

You are a good putter and play to a range between 10 and 16.

I may not be close but that was fun.

Your wet dream is to be at the last NBA game that MJ plays and having MJ sign your Air Jordans as he waves goodbye and leave the court...and as he bends down to sign it, a sweat drips down and -PLONK- right between your eye. Oops....wake up, you just dunked another Whatever ball into the lake.

Lucky you have more of the Whatever ball in your pocket. Pull it out & replay that wet dream.

Yes, you are a die hard Nike man and not knowing you, I gather you are decked out in your swoosh flat bill cap, Rory polo and wearing the Nike Flyknit Chukka. Yeah.

You love the Nike Vapor Pro, best driver and you hope for the Rory mojo to rub off on you as your tee up your whatever ball. Driver was a good buy at Dicks/Edwin Watts, pulled it off the shelf, hit it in a juiced up monitor and RORY you are. 290 straight bomb on the monitor. Yes, who cares about the stock stiff shaft...thats EXACTLY what Rory uses. Right.

Wink. Wink. Wink.

Your latest purchase are your Nike Fly Pro. You love the head and the Nike swoosh. You love the aesthetics of these heads and they feel pretty good when you compress the whatever ball.

The Burner 3 wood is probably your rescue club. Left over days before the Nike fever began. Before the Vapor pro, you probably didn't drive it that well and out comes the long Burner wood. You can use all 44" of the 3 wood to get you near the green. All 44" of it (if you are married or have a GF, she knows what this means...ask her. Wink).

Close to the green, the Cleveland wedges save you but I KNOW you are eyeing to replace them with the Nike Engage wedges. A dual sole or toe sweep would do well in your Nike bag.

The Nike Ignite putter is a trusty rusty. You aim well with the center shafted mallet head and its good for your putting game which is keeping your scores low.

Right now, I think you play to a 16 to 18 cap, probably hit it 240-250 and your real wet dream is to have a round with RORs...or a 006 Limited Rors won't be too bad either...lol :pimp:

Haha this is the best thing I've read in a LONG time.. man you're nailin these :) I bet you've met alot of different hackers throughout the years and just have learn't what different people bags?

If you'd like to, give my bag a go :)

Good luck!

Wink. Wink. Wink.

Haha this is the best thing I've read in a LONG time.. man you're nailin these :) I bet you've met alot of different hackers throughout the years and just have learn't what different people bags?

Good luck!

You're Mr. Play it safe. Trawling the internet a lot, you purchased your bag over time with a lot of careful research and went for the brands that had the best reputation in their class.

Nike for long performing woods, Mizuno irons for feel, Wilson wedges for reliable spin, Ping putter for classic and true shape and the ProV1x because it's the number 1 ball on tour for a reason.

I would say you may have even tried other brands, but that one voice in your head says play the safe bet.

You also love that the brands scream quality, and although you don't like to admit it, it pleases you to think others looking at your bag may admire the quality selection.

This one was easy, because i just had to describe myself haha

Wink. Wink. Wink.

Good luck!

You're Mr. Play it safe. Trawling the internet a lot, you purchased your bag over time with a lot of careful research and went for the brands that had the best reputation in their class.

Nike for long performing woods, Mizuno irons for feel, Wilson wedges for reliable spin, Ping putter for classic and true shape and the ProV1x because it's the number 1 ball on tour for a reason.

I would say you may have even tried other brands, but that one voice in your head says play the safe bet.

You also love that the brands scream quality, and although you don't like to admit it, it pleases you to think others looking at your bag may admire the quality selection.

This one was easy, because i just had to describe myself haha

Well this is scary.. on point with pretty much everything :) Good job and pretty neat bag you got there. Maybe I've found my doppelganger!

I've reviewed a bunch but not had mine reviewed, so if you feel like it here it goes...

Driver: M2 9.5 cranked to 10.25, Stiff Kuro Kage Black

3 Wood: XR Pro 14* Stiff Project X LZ

Hybrids: 18* Adams Super 9031 Stiff Diamana 82 HY, 21* Callaway X Hot Stiff Project X 6.0

Irons: Mizuno MP30 5-9 RCM Rifle 6.5 Flighted (5 iron bent to 25.8*)

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM4 48*, Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 52*, Titleist SM5 56*&60* M Grind

Putter: Odyssey Works Versa 9

Ball: 16' Bridgestone B330

Bag: Titleist Lightweight Stand Bag Hunter Green

Ok, I'll do yours...

Your bag reminds me of a great Foodnetwork show I enjoy while I'm not watching the Golf Channel and their indepth analysis of the in-ept USGA analysis. The show is called Restaurant Impossible...basically, its all about a restaurant going bankrupt and Chef Irvine comes in a saves the day by inventing the recipes to suit the style of restaurant and restaurant is re-modelled using the old parts of the restaurant and theres something new but it all gells together.

So it is this context, I see your bag. The new part is the M2 driver. The M1 perked your mind when DJ bombs that driver but it was too expensive and TM saves the day for u when with the much cheaper M2 and even better, DJ still bombs the M series, along with Rose and Sergio).

Around about the time of the M2 purchase, you also decided to pick up an XR Pro 14*. You picked this up to hit the Par 5s in 2...probably because you play off the Blues/Black tees and the 18* hybrids don't quite get you there. Hence the 14* and you HATE big headed 3 woods...which is why you went with the Pro. Probably picked it up from a nice Callaway Preowned online sale recently.

Your hybrids are from the "old restaurant". You got some great deals on the ebay or rockbottom. Replaces the 3 and 4 irons and makes your life easier than trying to hit a true iron.

The Mizzy M30 is probably the oldest clubs in your bag. This is the restaurant stove that cannot be replaced. You like the forged feel and you hit them well. May be time to upgrade so you're keeping an eye out for another Mizzy set but the price has to be right. Or bargain.

The wedges would have been all Vokey and you were eyeing that - but somehow you came across a good deal with the Rotex 2.0 and plop...there goes the full Vokey wedge set. This is probably the best part of your game, deadly 100 yards and you know your shots.

The Versa 9 is interesting. I guess you are or use to be a Phil fan. Your past putters were 8802 and other variations of the #9 but you are struggling with the aim. The versa is designed to help you square the putter at setup and BINGO...you solved it.

All up, I think you are an 8 capper, hit it moderately long at about 270 with the driver but, as you play the blue or back tees, still leave you distance to the green even after a great drive. Irons are great, solid wedge game and if you can aim that #9, hello Par.

ps If your bag was a real restaurant..your restaurant will be Spanish construction, with Chinese ornamental finish, waiters will be Hooter girls, food will be Indian Caribbean, and the alcohol would be French wines..and you'll have a long queue patrons outside.

Wink. Wink. Wink.

Just noticed that I left out my 3 hybrid. does it change the analysis? haha! Again your responses are hilarious and very creative...you are a writer?

This has quickly become my favorite thread because of your responses.

In any case, I am a Nike fan and have many friends who work at Nike. The Vapor Pro I bought without hitting it - got a great deal at a big box like Dicks/Edwin Watts (never heard of Edwin Watts, but it must be a big box store?) I actually hit it for the first time last night when I changed my bag out because....My latest purchase of fitted Vapor Fly Pro's came in.

The 3w was purchased via ebay and because I'm fairly new to golf, figured I needed a 3w in my bag...why? I'm not sure but it was cheap and I wanted it to match my Taylormade Burner 2.0's irons I had at the time and 3 hybrid I have. I hit about 60% of fairways and about 250 with my previous driver (Covert 2.0)

The Cleveland wedges do save me close to the green. I miss the green a lot, and yes I am eyeing the Engage wedges in dual sole!

My putter was purchased when I worked for a place called "Copeland Sports" years and years ago prior to the thought of attempting to play this game. I average just over 2 putts per hole (2.1 currently) so your assessment of aiming well with the putter is dead on. My issues all stem from missing the greens.

I play to a 15 to 20 cap wide range I know, however I count my winter rounds which I hear there are many that don't. My dream round would be with Tiger in his prime...but Rors would be fund to play a round with I think... and I have a b2-01 limited Rors putter that I haven't used yet. Can't give up the ol trusty rusty!

Well done Swingblues!

So no one wants to take a crack at mine?☺

So no one wants to take a crack at mine?☺

nope