Titleist 910f 3W 17*

Titleist 910h Hy 20.5*

Ping i25 4-U XP 95 Green Dot

Vokey TVD 56* K Grind

Vokey TVD 60* K Grind

Ping Karsten TR Anser 2 w/ Superstroke 2.0+

Just for fun I'll take a run at it...

You're a golfer who wants it both ways.

You want to carry a 3-wood but you cheat it a bit by using a 17-degree one.

You want to putt with a classic Anser style putter but instead of having the courage of your convictions and going with a classic Pingman grip you use a modern Superstroke (because basically nobody can really putt well with those skinny little grips anyway, can they?).

You like players irons like the i25 but do accede to reality by stopping at the 4-iron and going with a hybrid. Just to regain some cool-points it's a Titleist hybrid and a 910 to boot!

You want a Vokey wedge just like the big boys play but (and here your preferences are close to my own heart) you very wisely opt for the big, round, friendly K grind instead of over-reaching with a skinny little shaved-down narrow sole model.

And finally you go with a G25 driver because let's face it, that's a driver that flat out works. Low-ish spin, very high forgiveness, nice clean lines. That's just a sign of good taste, there.

NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON GOLFWRX

Where Are You Waiting GIF by This GIF Is Haunted

go for it...

Ping G25 D 10.5

Titleist 910f 3W 17*

Titleist 910h Hy 20.5*

Vokey TVD 56* K Grind

Vokey TVD 60* K Grind

You want to carry a 3-wood but you cheat it a bit by using a 17-degree one. - yup, first one I was consistent with

You want to putt with a classic Anser style putter but instead of having the courage of your convictions and going with a classic Pingman grip you use a modern Superstroke (because basically nobody can really putt well with those skinny little grips anyway, can they?). - gif rid of Pingman grips bc of my mitts lol... I like gripping wayyyy down on a putter.

You like players irons like the i25 but do accede to reality by stopping at the 4-iron and going with a hybrid. Just to regain some cool-points it's a Titleist hybrid and a 910 to boot! - see my 3W lol

You want a Vokey wedge just like the big boys play but (and here your preferences are close to my own heart) you very wisely opt for the big, round, friendly K grind instead of over-reaching with a skinny little shaved-down narrow sole model. - Merica

And finally you go with a G25 driver because let's face it, that's a driver that flat out works. Low-ish spin, very high forgiveness, nice clean lines. That's just a sign of good taste, there.

Pretty much spot on... well played sir!

I work as a fitter and see several bags (most which the players would like to weed out or improve) a day, and it's really hard NOT to judgmental about the players!

What I really hate to see though are physically weak players (male or female), with some kind of lob wedge weighing in at about 480 grams. They usually have to work so hard just to take the club away from the ball that all feel and control are negated from the get go.

Just my pet peeve and I judge these players to have not understood which clubs are important in their bags.

I work as a fitter and see several bags (most which the players would like to weed out or improve) a day, and it's really hard NOT to judgmental about the players!

What I really hate to see though are physically weak players (male or female), with some kind of lob wedge weighing in at about 480 grams. They usually have to work so hard just to take the club away from the ball that all feel and control are negated from the get go.

Just my pet peeve and I judge these players to have not understood which clubs are important in their bags.

I'm not trying to start a riot, but are the important clubs the same for all players? Or just the role they meet.

Meaning: every player should be comfortable from some distance into the green. 150 yards and in is a generic measurement, but have a group of wedges that can suit any shot within a "comfort range".

Or is it more type of game you have (long ball hitter versus shorter players)?

Better players really don't tinker around with their equipment much. They hit everything about the same anyone so they figure what's the point of buying new stuff.

If you're good you can probably hit the 2010 TM MC as good as their new PSI Tour Irons. Higher Handicappers are usually the ones who buy into the golf gimmicks and change clubs a lot. Of course I'm sure there are exceptions.

One scratch player I used to play with a lot used Cleveland Irons that were over 10 years old, The CG 2's or something, older bag, newer wedges cuz his grooves wore out. Newest club in his bag was his Driver.

Better players really don't tinker around with their equipment much. They hit everything about the same anyone so they figure what's the point of buying new stuff.

If you're good you can probably hit the 2010 TM MC as good as their new PSI Tour Irons. Higher Handicappers are usually the ones who buy into the golf gimmicks and change clubs a lot. Of course I'm sure there are exceptions.

One scratch player I used to play with a lot used Cleveland Irons that were over 10 years old, The CG 2's or something, older bag, newer wedges cuz his grooves wore out. Newest club in his bag was his Driver.

My irons are 18 years old and I play like s***, so...

Titleist TSi3 8° - HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 60TX

Titleist TS3 15° - HZRDUS Black (Hand Crafted) 70TX

Titleist 818 H2 19° - Tensei Pro White 100TX

Ping i200 - SteelFiber i125x

Edison - SteelFiber i125s

LAB DF 2.1 Armlock - LAGP

Snell MTB-X

I'm not trying to start a riot, but are the important clubs the same for all players? Or just the role they meet.

Meaning: every player should be comfortable from some distance into the green. 150 yards and in is a generic measurement, but have a group of wedges that can suit any shot within a "comfort range".

Or is it more type of game you have (long ball hitter versus shorter players)?

Sorry but I'm really talking about short shots which are made with less than a full swing.

You make a good point on what is a important club (or club group) for who, but in my eyes the shots around the greens are paramount to good/consistant scoring. Of course if you're laying 5 off every other tee maybe you should just go back to playing tennis.

I myself am not a big hitter (say about 235-240 from the tee) so on longer par 4's I'm hitting a 200-220 yard shot in, and this as everyone knows lowers your GIR numbers. If my game around the greens is bad on a given day I'm going to be pulling out my wallet.

As the majority of golfers that I fit (or the global average for what it's worth), produce this or less length I tend to judge them or their understanding/desire of scoring by their wedges or wedge play. I've helped a lot of players just by making their wedges physically more manageable.

I love when a player leaves a fitting with a double digit yardage gain with their driver, but somehow I feel more rewarded when a player can suddenly keep a lob or sand wedge under control...and start feeling what they're doing with the ball.

I find it easier to believe that fitting clubs to a player's swing might produce double digit yardage gains with a driver than turn a hacker's short game into decent wedge play. The weekend golfers I play with have wedge game issues no amount of club fitting is going to solve.

I find it easier to believe that fitting clubs to a player's swing might produce double digit yardage gains with a driver than turn a hacker's short game into decent wedge play. The weekend golfers I play with have wedge game issues no amount of club fitting is going to solve.

I agree full heartedly! The distance between "Hacker's short game" and "Decent wedge play" is sometimes insurmountable. For these cases, I'll let the players wear down a couple of teaching pros.

go for it...

Ping G25 D 10.5

Titleist 910f 3W 17*

Titleist 910h Hy 20.5*

Vokey TVD 56* K Grind

Vokey TVD 60* K Grind

You want to carry a 3-wood but you cheat it a bit by using a 17-degree one.

You want to putt with a classic Anser style putter but instead of having the courage of your convictions and going with a classic Pingman grip you use a modern Superstroke (because basically nobody can really putt well with those skinny little grips anyway, can they?).

You like players irons like the i25 but do accede to reality by stopping at the 4-iron and going with a hybrid. Just to regain some cool-points it's a Titleist hybrid and a 910 to boot!

You want a Vokey wedge just like the big boys play but (and here your preferences are close to my own heart) you very wisely opt for the big, round, friendly K grind instead of over-reaching with a skinny little shaved-down narrow sole model.

This reminded me of the scene where Nicholas Cage gets his job back in the move, "The Family Man"

• 2 weeks later...

Too worried about my own game to give a s*** what anyone else plays. Wouldnt judge anyone of their clubs either. Only thing that gets to me a bit is playing with a guy who has very poorly fit clubs. Played with a 19 cap the other day who was 5 ft 6 with a 46.5 inch driver and was wondering why he couldnt find the centre of the face.

Too worried about my own game to give a s*** what anyone else plays. Wouldnt judge anyone of their clubs either. Only thing that gets to me a bit is playing with a guy who has very poorly fit clubs. Played with a 19 cap the other day who was 5 ft 6 with a 46.5 inch driver and was wondering why he couldnt find the centre of the face.

:) must have had a really flat swing... :) :) :)

And people wonder why their not getting any better..

That's why I cut mine down to 44.5". 46+ is absurd. Shame on whoever sold that guy that club with that length shaft.

That's why I cut mine down to 44.5". 46+ is absurd. Shame on whoever sold that guy that club with that length shaft.

Thought the same thing when reading the original post. That extra little bit of length is awesome on the 1/10 drive where decent contact is made and you get an extra 15 yards down the fairway - frustrating on the other 9 when it means cutting one 40 yards right and out into the trees.

Curious what y'all would wager the strong/weak parts of my game are just by looking in the bag:

Callaway XR16 Pro 9.0* on an Oban Kiyoshi White 75g 05flex

Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 816 set at 16* on an Oban Tour Prototype V430 75g 05flex

Callaway Apex 18* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Fubuki AX h400ct

Callaway X-Forged ('07) Irons 4-Pw with Project X Rifles 5.5

Edel wedges 51, 55, 59 Degrees with KBS HiRev 2.0 Shafts

Edel E-3 Tourque Balanced Putter (Gamer) or Odyssey Black Series Tour #6

Ready to be judged here

Driver: Cobra BioCell+ 8.5 degree w/ Matrix Red Tie (stock) Stiff

3 wood: Taylormade M2('16 model) 13 degree w/ Project X HZRDOUS Black 75 Stiff

5 wood: Snake Eyes Fire Forged 18 degree w/ True Temper TX-90 Stiff (steel shaft)

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx (4-Pw) w/ UST Mayima Recoil 110 F4 (Stiff)

Wedges: Nike Engage SS 50 & 54 degree and DS 58 degree w/ KBS Tour 120 stiff

Putter: Cleveland Classic 1 BRZ

Ball: Slazenger Money Ball

Bag: Callaway "Birdies for the Brave" Camo stand bag

Ready to be judged here

Driver: Cobra BioCell+ 8.5 degree w/ Matrix Red Tie (stock) Stiff

3 wood: Taylormade M2('16 model) 13 degree w/ Project X HZRDOUS Black 75 Stiff

5 wood: Snake Eyes Fire Forged 18 degree w/ True Temper TX-90 Stiff (steel shaft)

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx (4-Pw) w/ UST Mayima Recoil 110 F4 (Stiff)

Wedges: Nike Engage SS 50 & 54 degree and DS 58 degree w/ KBS Tour 120 stiff

Putter: Cleveland Classic 1 BRZ

Ball: Slazenger Money Ball

Bag: Callaway "Birdies for the Brave" Camo stand bag

A little bit of everything in that bag. Based on the mix and the types of product I'd guess your a pure feel player. Recoils in your Hogan's.... your very very specific about feel with those as well. I'd guess your a very good player, 6 HDCP or better.

WITB

PING G LS Tec
TaylorMade M2 3 Wood
Srixon 765 4-W
PING Glide 50/58
Odyssey V Line

Flame away.

WITB

Driver: Cobra S9-1 F-Speed 9* w/ Grafalloy ProLaunch Red Stiff

2H: Srixon Z65 16* w/ Mizuyaki Kaula 7 Stiff

3H: Srixon Z65 19* w/ Mizuyaki Kaula 7 Stiff

Irons: Srixon Z545 4-PW w/ N.S. Pro 950GH Stiff

Wedges: Cleveland RTX-3 Tour Raw V-MG Grind 50/54/58

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi BC2 33" w/ Lamkin E.B.L. Smooth Pistol Grip

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV Tour Yellow

Grips: Golf Pride Z-Cord Midsize

Glove: None

Bag: Srixon Z-Four Stand Bag

Orange Whip Swing Trainer

3 alignment sticks

Taylormade Stealth Plus 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 130MSI 70 TX
Taylormade Sim2 3W 15* w/ Fujikura Ventus Blue Stiff
Srixon H65 3H 19* w/ Mizayaki Kaula 7S
Ping i500 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour 120S
Taylormade Hi-Toe Raw Milled Grind 50-54-58 
Bettinardi Model 1 Armlock 

Flame away.

WITB

Driver: Cobra S9-1 F-Speed 9* w/ Grafalloy ProLaunch Red Stiff

2H: Srixon Z65 16* w/ Mizuyaki Kaula 7 Stiff

3H: Srixon Z65 19* w/ Mizuyaki Kaula 7 Stiff

Irons: Srixon Z545 4-PW w/ N.S. Pro 950GH Stiff

Wedges: Cleveland RTX-3 Tour Raw V-MG Grind 50/54/58

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi BC2 33" w/ Lamkin E.B.L. Smooth Pistol Grip

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV Tour Yellow

Grips: Golf Pride Z-Cord Midsize

Glove: None

Bag: Srixon Z-Four Stand Bag

Orange Whip Swing Trainer

3 alignment sticks

OK, you like Japanese-flavored stuff. Srixon's and a Mizuno-branded Betti. Not sure why you don't have one of those fancy new Mizuno JPX-900 drivers in the bag.

Not really a totally Big Boy bag with extra-stiff what have you but no fairways, that 16-degree hybrid and all the stiff shafts say you don't have any trouble getting it up (so to speak).

MIdsize Z-cords and no glove. Sounds like you must have working-man's hands, no dainty office-jockey mitts on you!

All that's good stuff. Now on to the alignment sticks. One alignment stick is a good thing to have. Two means you must set up for some serious practice sessions. But when you get to three...are we perhaps compensating for something a little overmuch? Sorry but someone had to say it.

I'd lose one of the sticks and look into that new Mizzy driver then you ought to be good for the upcoming season.

In my Sun Mountain bag:

Ping G LS Tec driver w/Tour 65s

Ping G 3 wood w/Tour 80s

Ping i25 4-u

Vokey SM6 56/60 wedges

Scotty Cameron Golo 5 (2014)

Well for starters you can't count to 14. Or maybe those Tour 65/80 shafts were expensive enough you had to sell off a hybrid or something?

I'd advise adding one of those lovely Ping Crossover 3's with 18 degree of loft. I think you can get it with the Tour 90 shaft since you're obviously a man for whom the only good backspin is a low backspin.

Here is my bag. Let me know what you think!

2016 M2 Driver 10.5 degree with a pure handcrafted HZRDUS yellow shaft - stiff -1/2inch

2016 M2 3 Wood HL with a pure handcrafted HZRDUS yellow shaft - stiff

Nike Vapor Pro 3 hybrid 19 degrees stock stiff shaft

Nike Vapor Pro 4 hybrid 23 degrees stock stiff shaft

Mizuno MP4 5-PW SST Pure x100 shafts

Callaway MD3 Lucky Clover edition wedges 52, 56, 60 degrees

Scotty Cameron Circa 62 no. 6 all blacked out

Sun Mountain C130s

Balls typically Srixon, but anything I find in the woods!