Kenny Perry WITB

easyyy

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To the mods I don't mean for this to get rude, but I will try my best. To everyone on here who is bashing Kenny about his irons, you really need to get a life. The guy is using irons that work for him. I don't care that they are game improvement nor should you, since YOU'RE NOT SWINGING THEM! If you feel you have the right to be like Oh my god is he really using Redlines (in disgust voice) then go play the guy for money, get beat and then SHUT UP. I don't mind people thinking they are ugly because I don't think they are great looking, but they work for the man. Honestly if you are going to bash KP then post your WITB and in the event it is really nice then post next to that your Professional career stats.

:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS Driver 10.5D (Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6x) 
:taylormade-small: Qi10 3 Fairway 15.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 75tx) 

Callaway   Apex UW 19.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 85tx)
:taylormade-small: P7MC/P770 Irons (KBS $-Taper 120s) (5-PW)/(4i) Lamkin Crossline Cord (All Metals / Irons)
 :taylormade-small:MG4 Wedges 50.09, 56.12, 60.08 (KBS $-Taper 120s)
:titleist:Scotty Cameron Champions Choice NP2 33.5" - Lamkin Deep Etched Cord

[quote name='UnderPar18' timestamp='1329708780' post='4328691']
To the mods I don't mean for this to get rude, but I will try my best. To everyone on here who is bashing Kenny about his irons, you really need to get a life. The guy is using irons that work for him. I don't care that they are game improvement nor should you, since YOU'RE NOT SWINGING THEM! If you feel you have the right to be like Oh my god is he really using Redlines (in disgust voice) then go play the guy for money, get beat and then SHUT UP. I don't mind people thinking they are ugly because I don't think they are great looking, but they work for the man. Honestly if you are going to bash KP then post your WITB and in the event it is really nice then post next to that your Professional career stats.
[/quote]
This is a site about golf clubs. Why do you have an issue with members of golfwrx discussing his bag?

[color=#ff0000]Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course[/color]<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />[color=#0000ff]Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur [/color][color=#0000FF]University [/color]<br /><br />[color=#DAA520]My WITB[/color]<br /><br /><br /><br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/430688-zach-heussers-golf-clubs-putter-collection-and-man-cave-pics/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/[/url]<br />@Zheusser on twitter

[quote name='DTown3011' timestamp='1327964867' post='4180719']
Honestly, that bag and those irons are gross. :sorry:
[/quote]

How did he do this weekend? :busted2:

Perhaps skill played a bigger role than the clubs. Bling is not the only way.

Club Champion Custom Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 Gram, A Flex

Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, Kuro Kage 606 S
TXG Custom  SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2

TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R
TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-pw, 1* upright, Recoil E460 R
PXG 0211 GW, 50*, (new version), UST Recoil Dart R
TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115 

Ping Glide 4.0 58*, Nippon 115 
TXG Custom Cobra Nova, KBS CT Tour Shaft

[quote name='KascoPro' timestamp='1329711400' post='4329079']
[/quote]
This is a site about golf clubs. Why do you have an issue with members of golfwrx discussing his bag?
[/quote]

Kasco, have you read any part of this thread? Bunch of people have been ripping KP for his choice of irons, even though not one of them is likely to ever make a dime playing golf...

Results speak for themselves...5 shot win for Kenny yesterday in naples.
[url="http://www.cbssports.com/general/story/17342900/perry-cruises-in-florida-wins-second-champions-title-by-five"]My link[/url]

TM SIM Max 9* Tensei Orange CK Pro TX
TM R15 15* Tensei Blue Raw AV 77

Titleist TS2 18* Tensei Pro 1K 70
TM  P7MC 4-W KBS $ Taper
TM MG 54* & 58* S400
TP Mills Sycamore 

KascoPro - you might want to read an entire thread before you post on something. You have people bashing KP instead of making comments about his clubs. It's one thing to say they are ugly or if you have hit them your thoughts, but why bash a man who did nothing but play a set of clubs he likes. At least his ego isn't just in the looks of clubs and he proved that this past week.

:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS Driver 10.5D (Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6x) 
:taylormade-small: Qi10 3 Fairway 15.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 75tx) 

Callaway   Apex UW 19.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 85tx)
:taylormade-small: P7MC/P770 Irons (KBS $-Taper 120s) (5-PW)/(4i) Lamkin Crossline Cord (All Metals / Irons)
 :taylormade-small:MG4 Wedges 50.09, 56.12, 60.08 (KBS $-Taper 120s)
:titleist:Scotty Cameron Champions Choice NP2 33.5" - Lamkin Deep Etched Cord

[quote name='UnderPar18' timestamp='1329764580' post='4332743']
KascoPro - you might want to read an entire thread before you post on something. You have people bashing KP instead of making comments about his clubs. It's one thing to say they are ugly or if you have hit them your thoughts, but why bash a man who did nothing but play a set of clubs he likes. At least his ego isn't just in the looks of clubs and he proved that this past week.
[/quote]
I did read the whole thread. Thanks for the tip though....
Congrats to Mr Perry on a run away victory! One of my favorite players, I hope he wins ten times this year!

[color=#ff0000]Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course[/color]<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />[color=#0000ff]Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur [/color][color=#0000FF]University [/color]<br /><br />[color=#DAA520]My WITB[/color]<br /><br /><br /><br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/430688-zach-heussers-golf-clubs-putter-collection-and-man-cave-pics/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/[/url]<br />@Zheusser on twitter

Here is what is said from the Adams site:

Speedline F11 Driver - 9.5 degree
Idea Super XTD Hybrid – 15 degree
Idea Super XTD Hybrid – 17 degree
Redline Irons – 3 thru PW
Yes! Tracy Putter

He said he had a new 60˚ in the bag this week. Was he using a VTS in his F11?

By the way, Redline irons ARE ugly.

Stealth 2 10.5˚ Ventus TR Red 6-S
Stealth 15˚ Ventus TR Blue 7-S
Stealth 19˚Hy Ventus Blue 8-S
SIM DHY 4 Modus GOST 95
P770 5-PW MMT 105
MG Hi-Toe 3 50˚, 54˚, 58˚ MMT 125
Evnroll ER2v Mid Slant
TP5 Pix
Bushnell Pro X3

[quote name='UnderPar18' timestamp='1329764580' post='4332743']
[/quote]

I'm missing something. I fail to see the posts where Kenny Perry is being bashed? I think you may want to take a deep breath and read the thread again. You seem to be looking for something that doesn't exist in here.

For the rest of the people jumping to the defense of Kenny Perry's irons... (yeah, that sounds ridiculous), we all know it's the indian not the arrow. And that Kenny could wax us all. The whole point of the the comments was quite simply, his irons are ugly. Why is that such a big deal? Christ, they're hideous. But they work for him clearly or he'd bag something else.

[quote name='rgk5' timestamp='1329739979' post='4330345']
[/quote]

[/quote]
You must remember that to many of these people it is more important for the clubs to look better in their bag than how they play. I guess if you can't play, you need to look like you can :beach:

In the bag: Playing --- TaylorMade  Qi 10 (core) driver w/Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S. 3wd TM (OG) SIM (special smaller tour only head, same that TW was playing prior to the '24 Genesis approx 160cc) @ 15.*) with Fujikura Ventus 7-S.  5 wd TM SIM w/Fujikura Speeder 857TR-S (Japan made)

HyBrids-Cleveland Hi-Bore #1 (16* plays like 2-Iron) W/Fuji-S Tipped 1/2".  SIM Max #4 (set @ 21.5* w/ Fuji Atmos HB8 9S.  IRONS:  TM M3 4i (2*weak)w SteelFiber i95-S,  P790 3, 5-PW,  w/Fuji Pro 95i-S. SW TM MG4  54*/11 bent to 53*/10 w/ Precision Rifle 6.0-S. LW TaylorMade Hi Toe 3, 58/10 w/Modus Tour 105 Stiff. Putter-- BOBBY GRACE Night&Day-Custom, "M.Coz-Bandsaw Prototype". Ball 2022 TaylorMade Tour Response
 Alternating clubs: the 5wd, TM Hybrid Stealth 2+ #2, 3Iron, depending on what part of the country, course, climate, and conditions.

[quote name='tcgolf21' timestamp='1329764634' post='4332747']
fwy he called a rocket in the ad was the product he tested last fall...f11 products. 2012 product had not yet been fully launched/tested with tour guys at that point
[/quote]
No, that was filmed in Late November/early December and he had the 2012 3wd (which he is not using, electing to go with Hybrids.

In the bag: Playing --- TaylorMade  Qi 10 (core) driver w/Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S. 3wd TM (OG) SIM (special smaller tour only head, same that TW was playing prior to the '24 Genesis approx 160cc) @ 15.*) with Fujikura Ventus 7-S.  5 wd TM SIM w/Fujikura Speeder 857TR-S (Japan made)

HyBrids-Cleveland Hi-Bore #1 (16* plays like 2-Iron) W/Fuji-S Tipped 1/2".  SIM Max #4 (set @ 21.5* w/ Fuji Atmos HB8 9S.  IRONS:  TM M3 4i (2*weak)w SteelFiber i95-S,  P790 3, 5-PW,  w/Fuji Pro 95i-S. SW TM MG4  54*/11 bent to 53*/10 w/ Precision Rifle 6.0-S. LW TaylorMade Hi Toe 3, 58/10 w/Modus Tour 105 Stiff. Putter-- BOBBY GRACE Night&Day-Custom, "M.Coz-Bandsaw Prototype". Ball 2022 TaylorMade Tour Response
 Alternating clubs: the 5wd, TM Hybrid Stealth 2+ #2, 3Iron, depending on what part of the country, course, climate, and conditions.

[quote name='ZBigStick' timestamp='1329768199' post='4333203']

I[b]dea Super XTD Hybrid – 15 degree
Idea Super XTD Hybrid – 17 degree[/b]
Yes! Tracy Putter

[/quote]

When I was regripping his clubs about a month ago he had the new 1200ss woods in his bag. He may have changed since then because he said he was tinkering with stuff. As for the driver, he did have the VTS in his F11.

Hell of a win for Kenny. Hopefully it shuts all the haters up.

[quote name='ajm1555' timestamp='1327964568' post='4180673']
That bag is embarrassing! I wonder what brand his driver is, Spalding? But hey, if he hits it straight, who cares? My brother has a 1980's women's wedge in his bag. He's lights out with it.

I just hope Kenny got a good discount in the clearance section of TGW.
[/quote]
well considering he just won by 5 strokes this week, maybe his bag isn't so embarrassing! besides you can have a great looking bag and never shoot under 100 or you can have a bag that works and play in the mid yo low 70's. your choice i know i prefer the low 70's

[quote name='MCoz' timestamp='1329769487' post='4333367']
[quote name='rgk5' timestamp='1329739979' post='4330345']
[/quote]

[/quote]
You must remember that to many of these people it is more important for the clubs to look better in their bag than how they play. I guess if you can't play, you need to look like you can :beach:
[/quote]

How true. Every year I play with guys who have the latest forged blade, an 8.5* driver with the $300 X shaft, and the newest Scotty Cameron, topped off with a dozen Pro V1 Xs. Most of these types could not break an egg with a hammer but man, do they look like sharp.

Once I beat one of these dolts by 22 shots (74 to 96) and all he could talk about was how short I hit the ball. :rolleyes:

Club Champion Custom Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 Gram, A Flex

Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, Kuro Kage 606 S
TXG Custom  SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2

TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R
TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-pw, 1* upright, Recoil E460 R
PXG 0211 GW, 50*, (new version), UST Recoil Dart R
TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115 

Ping Glide 4.0 58*, Nippon 115 
TXG Custom Cobra Nova, KBS CT Tour Shaft

[/quote]

Kudos.....best post I have read in a while

[quote name='tbuford' timestamp='1329775982' post='4334065']
[/quote]

Kudos.....best post I have read in a while
[/quote]

I'm still missing something. He's going on in the post about people bashing Kenny Perry, but I fail to see where anyone in this thread has said anything negative toward Kenny. Simply that they don't like the irons. Seems like yet another misguided post imo. :rolleyes:

He and Aaron Baddeley got to walk into a dark equipment vault at Adams and pick out whatever they wanted. Baddeley won.

D - Ping G400 10.5* - Diamana Blueboard
3 - Callaway X2 Hot 15* - Diamana Blueboard
5 - Nike VR Pro Limited Edition 19* - Diamana Blueboard
3i - Ping G410 Crossover 20* Evenflow
4-PW - Mizuno MP60 - DG S300
53* & 60* - Mizuno MP-T - DG S300
P - Odyssey White Hot Pro Rossi

[quote name='ZBigStick' timestamp='1329768199' post='4333203']

Idea Super XTD Hybrid – 15 degree
Idea Super XTD Hybrid – 17 degree
Yes! Tracy Putter

[/quote]

VTS Silver in everything from what I was told.

Will Peoples

Peoples.golf
The Peoples Clubs
Tour Stock Putters

Really, cheap adams clubs?

Apparently you are a Titleist homer or a TM homer?

Adams has some of the best irons hybrids and Drivers out with real deal stock shafts that actually perform well out of the box.

If you shot 64, 62 does it really matter what other people think? No one on the planet was beating him those first two rounds, short course or not..

[quote name='super20dan' timestamp='1329786326' post='4335401']
rather see him playing cheap adams clubs than the stupid white ghost putter. anyone remember when fuzzy zoller played kmart clubs?
[/quote]

• 1 month later...

I know it's an old(er) thread but these comments are ridiculous, and I must be one of a few here who do not find them ugly. Whatever.

Hope he tears up the Champions once he gets there. Haven't heard from/of him in quite some time since that year he won all those tournaments probably.

Cleveland Launcher DTS 9*
Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
MacGregor VIP V-Foil 1025 C - 7-PW
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1013287-my-v-foils/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='rockinar' timestamp='1330222931' post='4377123']
[quote name='duffer888' timestamp='1327992612' post='4183377']
His days are over unfortunately. Now, he's just an Adams spokesman slinging what they want him to sling.
[/quote]

With $31 million in career earnings, I don't think he's too worried about it.
[/quote]

Seriously, if i could have Perry's game gaming those irons, they would be in my bag now. I love the fact that Perry plays game improvement irons and has won $31m on the tour. I seriously doubt that he cares what anyone on this board thinks about his bag, i wouldn't if i were him.

Ping G410 Plus 10.5

Ping G410 5 Wood 

Ping G430 22* Hybrid 

Srixon ZX5 4-AW
Titleist SM10 Raw 54*, 58*

Evnroll ER1.2 Tour Blade

Chrome Soft X Trutrack '24

Vessel Lite Lux

[quote name='jjl' timestamp='1335292415' post='4781736']
[quote name='rockinar' timestamp='1330222931' post='4377123']
[quote name='duffer888' timestamp='1327992612' post='4183377']
His days are over unfortunately. Now, he's just an Adams spokesman slinging what they want him to sling.
[/quote]

With $31 million in career earnings, I don't think he's too worried about it.
[/quote]

Seriously, if i could have Perry's game gaming those irons, they would be in my bag now. I love the fact that Perry plays game improvement irons and has won $31m on the tour. I seriously doubt that he cares what anyone on this board thinks about his bag, i wouldn't if i were him.
[/quote]

lol, right.

$31M plus imagine all he has made in endorsements. That guy is so rich it's not even funny. Which is why he collects old MINT muscle cars and lives the GOOD life. lol at these people blasting his equipment .

On that note, I swear he was gaming an old Odyssey Rossie II mallet about a decade or so ago. Does anyone remember that? I just picked up I think the same one at Goodwill for $3.00. It feels so nice. Just wanted to remember if in fact that was the same stick he was gaming and making all those putts with back then.

Cleveland Launcher DTS 9*
Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
MacGregor VIP V-Foil 1025 C - 7-PW
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1013287-my-v-foils/"]WITB Link[/url]