2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

RBZ tour tp driver disppointment

dunn

Came from numerous drivers and most recently Adams 9088 UL....... Had a bunch store credit at dunns and caved in and bought RBZ 440cc tour tp model with hd6 shaft at 9 deg....... Really don't understand TM adj hosel, why they can't do lie and loft separate..... Kind of annoying but anyways....... Driver IMO is junk, feels like a k-mart club, dispersion and accuracy is horrible, feel just everything about it......didn't gain anything ball flight and trajectory are very unpredictable and dispersion and accuracy is horrid....... Thought the burner 2.0 which also felt cheap was a better driver..... I hear their woods are great but I am returning it tomorrow..... Funny cause I saw a guy returning his as I was purchasing mine...... This is not trackman data, I played a full round on the course........ Maybe it's the shaft idk...... But last time I get suckered into marketing and it is 100% my fault........ Yes I did hit it in the store but don't place to much emphasis on those machines with their balls In a controlled environment....... Their is nothing special about this club if anything they went backward..... A buddy has a burner superfast black head from maybe 2 yrs ago with stock burner shaft and that club was much better in every way the the RBZ....... So there you have it...... Take it FWIW

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love mine but it's got a great shaft- Oban Devotion 6 x. It's LOUD though. My thoughts are that the shaft just doesn't fit you.

Ping G425 Max 9* Venus Red TR 5 Stiff

Ping G410 5 Wood Aldila Rogue 130MSI 80 X

Ping G430 Max 7 Wood VA Composites Drago 65 Stiff

Ping G425 Max 9 wood Ventus Blus 7S

Ping G710 5-PW KBS Tour

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Anser 2

Great post which reinforces the fact that one size does not fit all. My experience is much different and and my first round on the course was excellent. Your exprience is yours and does not make the driver junk. My experience is mine and does not make the driver great. Remember, one man/s ceiling is another man's flooor. Good luck in your search for the holy grail.

[quote name='Lobber' timestamp='1328766165' post='4243321']
Great post which reinforces the fact that one size does not fit all. My experience is much different and and my first round on the course was excellent. Your exprience is yours and does not make the driver junk. My experience is mine and does not make the driver great. [i]Remember, one man/s ceiling is another man's flooor. [/i] Good luck in your search for the holy grail.
[/quote]

You walk on my ceiling?

[quote name='dunn' timestamp='1328764884' post='4243223']
Came from numerous drivers and most recently Adams 9088 UL....... Had a bunch store credit at dunns and caved in and bought RBZ 440cc tour tp model with hd6 shaft at 9 deg....... [b]Really don't understand TM adj hosel, why they can't do lie and loft separate[/b]..... Kind of annoying but anyways....... Driver IMO is junk, [b]feels like a k-mart club[/b], dispersion and accuracy is horrible, feel just everything about it......didn't gain anything ball flight and trajectory are very unpredictable and dispersion and accuracy is horrid....... Thought the burner 2.0 which also felt cheap was a better driver..... I hear their woods are great but I am returning it tomorrow..... Funny cause I saw a guy returning his as I was purchasing mine...... This is not trackman data, I played a full round on the course........ [b]Maybe it's the shaft idk[/b]...... But last time I get suckered into marketing and it is 100% my fault........ Yes I did hit it in the store but don't place to much emphasis on those machines with their balls In a controlled environment....... Their is nothing special about this club if anything they went backward..... A buddy has a burner superfast black head from maybe 2 yrs ago with stock burner shaft and that club was much better in every way the the RBZ....... So there you have it...... Take it FWIW
[/quote]

Sounds like you should have been fit correctly. Seems like you weren't really "sold" on a lot of things like the "feel" and the adjustability before you even left the store....to call it "junk" is a stretch when you didn't do your part in research and proper fitting....fwiw

I haven't had a chance to test the RBZ line against what's currently in my bag (last year's SFTP 2.0 line), but I fully expect to put the RBZ Tour fwys in the bag. The driver is a different story. I've actually decided to give the R11S a go rather than the RBZ Tour. I've only hit them head to head indoors, but on the machine the R11S was longer for me...and the R11S definitely had a much better feel and sound. Not to say the RBZ driver was/is bad, the R11S just felt and sounded that good.

I currently have a RBZ 9* tour with a GD ad-di 6stiff in it. It is long and other than being too loud when hitting range rocks I have no complaints. Will I keep it, I dont know. I am at that point where I dont know if any driver will keep me happy for long. I have been hitting the Japan heads and I must say they feel much better than anything USA.

[quote name='crazyhawk' timestamp='1328798093' post='4244351']
I currently have a RBZ 9* tour with a GD ad-di 6stiff in it. It is long and other than being too loud when hitting range rocks I have no complaints. Will I keep it, I dont know. I am at that point where I dont know if any driver will keep me happy for long. I have been hitting the Japan heads and I must say they feel much better than anything USA.
[/quote]

What are the japaneze heads and whats your SS ? Ive been thinking of putting a Fubuki or GD ad-di6 in an R11s.

I wasn't too thrilled with it either, shaft and head issue for me. I just didn't get any nice feeling that some tmag drivers have in the RBZ and tour models or the R11s either. I hit the Fast 12 and Razr Fit and both carried further than the tmag gear.

[size=3][font=georgia,serif][b]Nike [/b]Vapor TW - BB73s
[b]Titleist [/b]915F 15* - D+ 80s
[b]Titleist [/b]913F 19* - D+ 82s
[b]Titleist [/b]913H 21* - Phenom 80s
[b]Mizuno [/b]MP 64 - 4-PW S300
[b]Titleist Vokey [/b]SM5- 54/08M, 60/04L
[b]Scotty Cameron [/b]Select Newport[/font][/size]
[url="https://flic.kr/p/E5WxHK"][img]https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1616/24997465921_7a3f574e63.jpg[/img][/url]

So you demoed it at the store and liked it enough to spend the $300 on it and without being properly fit you took it outdoors to play and now hate it? It felt great in the store but dead outdoors? Im sorry I just dont by it. If it felt anything but great to you in the store then why purchase it? Also why spend the money and not be properly fit. To not like the club because it was just not for you after a fitting is one thing but making such purchase without being fit and to ramble about it being junk is pointless. Sorry I dont mean to come off brash but it just doesn't make sense.

I don't think the RBZ is a step backward as the OP says. Having owned a R11 and still owning a SFTP and now the RBZ Tour with the TP RIP Phenom 65 I am really liking the fact that FCT is now in a burner like head with no other MWT or ASP adjustment. Hey, the RIP Phenom 65 is really, really nice, very tight dispersion, thats for sure.

I think this is an improvement over the R11 and my initial testing indicate it's longer, definitely with a hotter face. I also like that they kept the sound lively as they did to carry on from the SF2.0 or as everyone here says "loud" but lets face it, you ain't heard loud till you stand next to a Nike Sumo or the Cobra L4VX. I agree it's not for everyone but for me, sound is feel and this is hot for sure. I did not care for the R11 "thwack".

As I learned from my R11 experience, not all drivers suit everyone. I thought the R11 was short and moved it on (even know some people think the R11 is short) and I even optimized it for my swing but just could not get anything out of it in actual play.

Each to their own. GL with the driver search OP and at least you're honest about your opinion.

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

[quote name='muxi87' timestamp='1328794599' post='4244037']
I haven't had a chance to test the RBZ line against what's currently in my bag (last year's SFTP 2.0 line), but I fully expect to put the RBZ Tour fwys in the bag. The driver is a different story. I've actually decided to give the R11S a go rather than the RBZ Tour. I've only hit them head to head indoors, but on the machine the R11S was longer for me...and the R11S definitely had a much better feel and sound. Not to say the RBZ driver was/is bad, the R11S just felt and sounded that good.
[/quote]
So you tested the R11s against your SF or the RBZ?

Well I have had a completely different exprerience. To be fair I did not buy the tour head (I didn't like that head at all) and I purchased the RBZ standard with the standard Ozark STIFF shaft and used it for the first time today.

On the flight tracker, dispersion was pretty much all over the place. But today in real life, the club was amazing. My Adam's Fast10 is a great club but I could easily lose it bigtime left and right depending on my swing. Today, with similar wings that would baloon left or duck-hook right, the club spun the ball MUCH less and they were more just larger draws or fades. My average drive with the Adams is 280ish and every now and then when I really wack it, I'd get 290 to 300. Today I hit 3 drives 300yards (one of them slightly up hill with a little helper wind) and I hit one drive 315 (not downhill). So this club is longer than my adams when I hit it. Out of 16 drives, I hit roughly 12 fairways. Typically I hit maybe 4-6 fairways. And it wasn't like I was swinging the club well, all other shots were the same. Only the driver was dramatically improved.

Both of my regular playing partners were impressed with the club knowing how much I used to turn the ball and seeing this club keep the dispersion down imensely. In the end I think it's always more golfer than club, but I personally have not seen a club provide more of a benefit than the RBZ driver has for me. FWIW

Well my experience has been great with the RBZ line. So much so that I am now a complete RBZ homer (haha). I am a 2 hcp and have tested and or played a TON of equipment, namely drivers. I like to be able to work the ball and generally play a little draw. My biggest issue is I tend to hit slightly down with driver and thus have a little more backspin than is optimal. I hit the RBZ on several occasions and was kinda MEH at first. I did not look at any numbers the first couple of times but liked the way they setup. I had sworn off TM as I had owned two Superfast 2.0 and just hated them. I thought they were harsh, hard to work and I just could not keep it in the air. The last one I had I threw in the woods in a fit of rage. So I was really interested in hitting the new i20. i20 is a fantastic looking club. But of course I had to compare it to many of the new drivers. For me the perfect fit I have seen for my swing ended up being the RBS Tour 10.5* with the Ozik Xcon6 shaft. My normall swing speed is around 140mph (ok just kidding usually average's around 105-106mph) and I saw some really long drives this weekend. After each round all the guys in the group wanted to hit my new driver. The 3w and hybrid (19*) were all equally as good and are now in my bag. Actually I decided to use technology to my advantage and swallowed my pride and set the blades and players cavity back to the side and am now bagging the RBZ irons. If you can get over the clunky looks these irons flat preform. Yes I have made the switch and I plan on keeping these in the bag for a long, long time.