Tour hats in public

While I couldn't care less about anyone else wearing golf hats "out in public," I have a personal style rule: no white belts, golf hats, or loud-colored golf shirts off the course--though I wear all of the above on the course from time to time.

But take the latter with a grain of salt: I'm sort of a self-loathing golfer. My obsession with the game is definitely not something I care to advertise about myself.

Nike VR Limited 9.5 (A'hina S)
TEE CB4 Tour 15 (Whiteboard S)
Titleist 910H 17 (A'hina S)
Adams CMB 4-GW (C-Taper S)
Adams Puglielli Black 52(51), 54(55) & 60(59)
Odyssey Black Series #5

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

absolutely wear them whenever. I wear a Titleist hat to and from the gym so people think I'm "golf training," instead of just weak.

M1 HZRDUS Black<br />SLDR 15 TS 8.3<br />X2 Hot 18 Kuro Kage 80<br />i200 3 Modus 130<br />S55 4-PW Modus 130<br />Engage 52 56 S S400<br />Newport 1.5<br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/614089-jaxbeachnole-witb-page-1/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='Delman' timestamp='1332099052' post='4530389']

[color=#1C2837][size=2]The only people I see wearying their hats, gear and such off the course are typically hacks... [/size][/color]
[/quote]

You have to be kidding me with this one. I bet you 99% of people on this forum that own a golf hat, windbreaker or whatever have worn it off course on numerous occasions. And if they are that self conscious that they refuse to wear a hat with a golf brand on it in public, chances are they are the hacks...afraid to get approached by another golfer for fear they will have to lie about their game.

And no this isn't a rebuttal defending hacks. This is a rebuttal defending all of us on here that are past the maturity of a freshman high school cheerleader (Ewww...Seriously 15 hats in the same color umm.. yah..so gross)

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Knjf3ABPc0E"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Knjf3ABPc0E[/url]

[quote name='andef' timestamp='1332188995' post='4537749']
[quote name='Delman' timestamp='1332135799' post='4534239']
[quote name='mtsmith' timestamp='1332032139' post='4527011']
Titleist hats (the New Era mesh) are just about the only hats I ever buy (I have about 15 in all different colors) and therefore about the only ones I ever wear. I love the hat....it is very comfy and looks great imo.

I must be a super hack.
[/quote]

You bought 15 colors of the same hat?.....um....yah....
[/quote]

I've never seen 15 different color combinations of the New Era Titleist hats?!?
as long as you like it, it's all that matters. having 15 of these is no different to having 15 New Era hats in different colors with different team logos...
although it does make you a bit of a golf fanatic :P who isn't though...
[/quote]

Sorry, semantics. Yes I have about 15 sports mesh new era hats. I have every color. There is not 15 different color sports mesh hats. I have two of a few colors. I sweat like a champ and like to rotate through them.

[quote name='TripleGrindSole' timestamp='1332232972' post='4541642']

[color=#1C2837][size=2]The only people I see wearying their hats, gear and such off the course are typically hacks... [/size][/color]
[/quote]

You have to be kidding me with this one. I bet you 99% of people on this forum that own a golf hat, windbreaker or whatever have worn it off course on numerous occasions. And if they are that self conscious that they refuse to wear a hat with a golf brand on it in public, chances are they are the hacks...afraid to get approached by another golfer for fear they will have to lie about their game.

And no this isn't a rebuttal defending hacks. This is a rebuttal defending all of us on here that are past the maturity of a freshman high school cheerleader (Ewww...Seriously 15 hats in the same color umm.. yah..so gross)

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Knjf3ABPc0E"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Knjf3ABPc0E[/url]
[/quote]

Play on Playa, I wear my FJ Light Performance jacket everywhere in the winter. It's awesome. I also wear golf tech shorts as often as laundry permits.

M1 HZRDUS Black<br />SLDR 15 TS 8.3<br />X2 Hot 18 Kuro Kage 80<br />i200 3 Modus 130<br />S55 4-PW Modus 130<br />Engage 52 56 S S400<br />Newport 1.5<br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/614089-jaxbeachnole-witb-page-1/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='JaxBeachNole' timestamp='1332259037' post='4543034']
[quote name='TripleGrindSole' timestamp='1332232972' post='4541642']
[color="#1C2837"][size="2"]The only people I see wearying their hats, gear and such off the course are typically hacks... [/size][/color]
[/quote]

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Knjf3ABPc0E"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Knjf3ABPc0E[/url]
[/quote]

Play on Playa, I wear my FJ Light Performance jacket everywhere in the winter. It's awesome. I also wear golf tech shorts as often as laundry permits.
[/quote]

Oh man.. Now I really feel like a poser. You reminded me that I wear my Sunice Gore-Tex when it rains...

This thread is a total hacker-fest.

I gotta stop coming back to this thread.:(

[quote name='Thrillhouse' timestamp='1332265684' post='4543874']
Do you guys mean to tell me that if I wear my titleist hat that says prov1 on the side the girls wont talk to me in the cafeteria at lunch? Im not sure I can handle that, im going to go write a poem about my teenage angst now.
[/quote]

Don't be a smarta$$ Thrillhack. Everyone knows you can't bust a rhyme.

It's true about the hat tho. Every popular girls brain is hardwired that way.

They see "Titleist" and it immediately translates to "[i]Like, what a total Loser, duh[/i]".

For cool golf guys it just translates to "[i]hack[/i]".

The words Titleist, Taylormade, etc.. do not even exist in the human brain once you leave the sanctity of the course or golf store.

I'm reading a book on how the mind works and that's what it says on page 231. Mostly.. Kind of.. You know..

[quote name='Splitter' timestamp='1332266241' post='4543958']

Don't be a smarta$ Thrillhack. Everyone knows you can't bust a rhyme.

They see "Titleist" and it immediately translates to "[i]Like, what a total Loser, duh[/i]".

The words Titleist, Taylormade, etc.. do not even exist in the human brain once you leave the sanctity of the course or golf store.

I'm reading a book on how the mind works and that's what it says on page 231. Mostly.. Kind of.. You know..
[/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUMS5aUm7sk

IMO they look a lot better than beer hats do, so why not wear 'em in public? Lot's of guys do.
But remember, a gentleman never wears his hat at the dinner table.

R11S 8* square; Stock stiff
Maltby KE4 14* 3w , Axe Excaliber R flex tipped 1"
RBZ 25* hb; RBZstage 2 19* hb
Mizuno MP30 5 - PW, AXE Excaliber stiff, Hogan Apex PC E Wedge (50*) TT DG s300
GM Never Compromise GM2 putter
54*, 58* TM TP wedges 3* flat

Do you guys mean to tell me that if I wear my titleist hat that says prov1 on the side the girls wont talk to me in the cafeteria at lunch? Im not sure I can handle that, im going to go write a poem about my teenage angst now.
[/quote]

Don't be a smarta$$ Thrillhack. Everyone knows you can't bust a rhyme.

[/quote]

Is that book by Dr. Bob Rotella? Golf hats or whatever are not a negative to Jax Beach Hos, Atlantic Beach Hos, Neptune Beach Hos, and especially Ponte Vedra Beach Hos. Especially PVB.

[quote name='theLeftyBeast' timestamp='1331867819' post='4517301']
Where are y'all saying to take teb hat off inside from? I've never heard that before. Granted I live in mississippi
[/quote]

Common courtesy and manners. Seems like forgotten since Rhett Butler's days. Gentleman does not wear hat indoors or while eating.

Ping G15 Titleist 950R Titleist 910D2 Titleist TS2
Titleist 910f 3W
Callaway XHot hybrid
Titleist 735cm Titleist AP2
Vokey wedges
Tri-Ball SRT Odyssey Works Versa #1 Tank Scotty Cameron Futura 5W

[/quote]

Do you even remember your teenage angst? The answe to this may be more important than whether or not the girls in the cafeteria are gonna talk to you. Or, maybe not...exactly when was the last time you spoke to anyone in the cafeteria at lunch? And were you carrying your school books at the time?
Anyway, I've heard that girls in the cafeteria will only speak to you if you are wearing a Puma hat. Sideways. Titelist doesn't cut it. That's what I heard, anyway...

[quote name='Thrillhouse' timestamp='1332267271' post='4544094']
Don't be a smarta$ Thrillhack. Everyone knows you can't bust a rhyme.

[/quote]

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUMS5aUm7sk"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=DUMS5aUm7sk[/url]
[/quote]

Ha! Nice find. A video of your "rhyme" and the hat police catching up with you.

I love my monolines!

TaylorMade Stealth 9* | PX HZRDUS Smoke RDX Blue 70g 6.5

Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour 3W | Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange 70 S

Titleist TSi3 Hybrid 18* & 20* (lofted to 22*) | PX HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 80g 6.0

Titleist T200 5-GW | KBS C-Taper Lite S

Titleist Vokey SM8 50* (Bent to 51*) | KBS C-Taper Lite S

Callaway PM Grind 58*

EVNROLL ER2 34" | Chromesoft X LS

[quote name='Delman' timestamp='1332288967' post='4546338']
I love it when the HACKS come out and play....WRX would be lost with out you. That's a cast....oh...let's see what I catch....come on, come on....who's got too much time on their hands????
[/quote]

You do, apparently. Does that hook in your mouth smart a little?

[quote name='TheDarkOne' timestamp='1332329604' post='4548806']
I don't have a problem with people wearing whatever. I wear a hat every Friday on our causal day at work, it's always fun. Lately I have been doing a Puma flat bill back wards.
I wish the dress code at most work places would loosen up a little bit so people could be more expressive.
[/quote]

Does your hat say RickieFowler.com on the back?

[quote name='QEight' timestamp='1332273983' post='4544774']
Where are y'all saying to take teb hat off inside from? I've never heard that before. Granted I live in mississippi
[/quote]

Common courtesy and manners. Seems like forgotten since Rhett Butler's days. Gentleman does not wear hat indoors or while eating.
[/quote]

maybe if you're 65+. those of us with a brain realize that it makes no bit of difference

Some time ago I read an article on ball caps, golf, football, baseball, whatever type. It was written by a fashion editor in a men's magazine, Sharp or GQ. He said this:

"Ball style caps can be worn in the game. In public, only if you are eight years old."

A wise man.

Club Champion Custom Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 Gram, A Flex

Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, Kuro Kage 606 S
TXG Custom  SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2

TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R
TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-pw, 1* upright, Recoil E460 R
PXG 0211 GW, 50*, (new version), UST Recoil Dart R
TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115 

Ping Glide 4.0 58*, Nippon 115 
TXG Custom Cobra Nova, KBS CT Tour Shaft

[quote name='magicmatt' timestamp='1332343762' post='4549824']
maybe if you're 65+. those of us with a brain realize that it makes no bit of difference
[/quote]

Just because you choose to ignore the notion doesn't mean the common courtesy doesn't exist. Keeping it to golf, many courses either have it posted that you're to remove your hat inside, or someone will tell you to remove it.

[quote name='magicmatt' timestamp='1332343762' post='4549824']
[quote name='QEight' timestamp='1332273983' post='4544774']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I am 26 years old and I think it is foolish to wear a hat indoors. At my country club you are not allowed to wear your hat indoors either.