How does TaylorMade get away w/ this RocketBallz "great, amazing, wonderful golf club"?

TheFlyingWASP

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because someone doesn't like a club I wouldn't say a company is scamming people. If you don't try before you buy then thats the buyers fault. I don't hit blades well and don't accuse a company who makes them as scamming me. Did I gain more yards with my RBZ 5 wood, yes, 20. Sure TM claim more distance, every company does. It works for them and people buy into the claims. Do they use stronger lofts and longer shafts to do it sure, but thats why buyers should do research. According to most companies who put out clubs every years an average golfer should hit his driver 350 yards to and area the size of a quarter. Every years is longer and more accurate then the last. Its just that, marketing, but I will say this clubs has made me a believer in the claims. Of course I did try it first.

Ping I25 9 degree x flex
TEE 4 wood
Ping I series 4-Gap PX 6.0
Ping Glide 54 degree
Ping Glide 58 degree
Machine M1A custom

[quote name='fireguyfrank58' timestamp='1339639795' post='5088564']
Just because someone doesn't like a club I wouldn't say a company is scamming people. If you don't try before you buy then thats the buyers fault. I don't hit blades well and don't accuse a company who makes them as scamming me. Did I gain more yards with my RBZ 5 wood, yes, 20. Sure TM claim more distance, every company does. It works for them and people buy into the claims. Do they use stronger lofts and longer shafts to do it sure, but thats why buyers should do research. According to most companies who put out clubs every years an average golfer should hit his driver 350 yards to and area the size of a quarter. Every years is longer and more accurate then the last. Its just that, marketing, but I will say this clubs has made me a believer in the claims. Of course I did try it first.
[/quote]

I acknowledged this like 4 hours ago. Sweet lord, move on!

Titleist TS2 Driver (10.5*) w/ Tensei AV Blue (Stiff)

Ping G410 Fairway Wood (16*) w/ Alta CB Red (Stiff)

Titleist TS2 Hybrid (19*) w/ Tensie AV Blue (Stiff)

Srixon Z585 Irons (5-PW) w/ Nippon Modus 3 105 (Stiff)

Cleveland CBX 2 Wedge (50*/11) w/ Dynamic Gold 115

Cleveland RTX Zipcord Raw Wedges (54*/10 and 58*/10) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner Tour

Vokey SM6 Black w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner Tour  (62*/8)

Scotty Cameron Futura X5r Putter (34”)

[quote name='Iplaxidentlyshotmyself' timestamp='1339639624' post='5088546']
This has just turned into ping man saving face while trying to convince others that his swing is not flawed. Rookie blue was right, 40 or 48 with a good swing you can hit both. And with a shorter length shaft in the rbz woods they would still probably go longer.
[/quote]

[quote name='Iplaxidentlyshotmyself' timestamp='1339639624' post='5088546']
This has just turned into ping man saving face while trying to convince others that his swing is not flawed. Rookie blue was right, 40 or 48 with a good swing you can hit both. And with a shorter length shaft in the rbz woods they would still probably go longer.
[/quote]

Yes, you are correct. I am saving face. I shot a 76 today, I take lessons twice a week, and I have been working harder on my swing than ever before. I thought I was hitting a hybrid. I hit it fat, yes. When I realized I was actually hitting a 5 wood disguised as a hybrid, and played it up & further away, it was fine, but no longer than the 5 wood I hit now. So, yea, when people attack my swing because they don't like that I criticized their flavor of the month club, yea, I'll save face.

Cleveland RTX Zipcord Raw Wedges (54*/10 and 58*/10) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner Tour

[quote name='Ping-man' timestamp='1339624400' post='5086962']
[quote name='AirGolf23' timestamp='1339623773' post='5086892']
Doesn't work for you=scam....I see...
[/quote]

It did work for me after I realized I was hitting a fairway wood w/ a hybrid head on it. I played it more up in my stance & stood a little further away. I was bombing it. But whats the point? Why have a hybrid that is really a 5 wood? So you can say you hit your Hybrid 230 yards? Why not market 25 degree 7 irons. Bet you could really bomb one of those. I just don't get how people fall for the gimmick.
[/quote]
Dude I hit a7 Adams old tech 19 deg hybrid 230. You discovered the design benefit and don't like it! Ok, no biggie..play your game.

"We have learned that we must
live as men, not as ostriches, nor
as dogs in the manger." FDR

[quote name='kg92lefty' timestamp='1339641399' post='5088766']
[quote name='Cygnus X1' timestamp='1339641117' post='5088728']
Hitting a hybrid fat means you need lessons, not that the club is bad.
[/quote]

This.
[/quote]

Nope, you are wrong. And if anyone would take the time to read all of the posts, this topic is really already dead. It's not a scam, I used poor wording. They are nice clubs w/ annoying marketing & they are way to long for me (length wise) but that is a personla choice. Anyone here know how to read? I've said all this before. I'm going to hit the damn things again tomorrow. I want to like these. It's not my swing. I now know what to expect w/ the length, ok?

[quote name='mbradley' timestamp='1339641092' post='5088724']
Its not a scam, just marketing. Taylormade stop being a technology company a long time ago. A lot of flash, a lot of promotion and a lot of sales. Ping or Adams(which they interestingly just bought) they are not. You seem to see thru Taylormade so just don't buy their stuff.
[/quote]
Not...they may have borrowed the slot, but first to market in many ways. You think other industries don't benchmark?

"We have learned that we must
live as men, not as ostriches, nor
as dogs in the manger." FDR

[quote name='mact3333' timestamp='1339642133' post='5088892']
One thing OP hasn't addressed yet is this, how come so many of us have cut down our rbz 3 wood down to standard length yet we still hit it further by 20 yards?...hmmm.
[/quote]

Hmmm indeed. I'd love to demo one that is cut down. I'm going to hit them again tomorrow. I'm hoping to like it better when I haven't just walked 18. I would love to like this club. So, if I did ever buy one, I would too cut it down. What's to address?

OP uses poor choice of words for a thread...OP gets flamed....OP learns lesson...OP apologizes....everyone's happy. I think this thread can be closed...It'll just keep going downhill from here.

Driver: Who knows at this point smh

Titleist 917f2 13.5*

Taylormade P790 UDI 2

Ping iCrossover - 3 iron

Taylormade P7MB 4-AW DG 105x

Mizuno T22 50* Blue Ion Modus 115x

Mizuno T22 54 Denim Copper TI S400/Vokey SM5 54F

Mizuno MCraft Type VI

[quote name='Ping-man' timestamp='1339638798' post='5088452']
[quote name='RookieBlue7' timestamp='1339631869' post='5087772']
Why not go to a demo day where they have more than just one demo and try them out woth several shafts and lengths versus your whatever you play.

You hit a fairway wood fat, that's a swing flaw, not a club being longer flaw. If you hit a fairway wood properly, there's absolutely no way to hit it fat whether it has a 40 inch shaft or a 48 inch shaft. Your swing plane is too upright if you hit a fairway wood fat, period.
[/quote]

Sorry, but your wrong, & I was talking about the hybrid. It's 2" longer than my ping & I did hit it fat & my swing plane is not too upright. When the manufacturer puts a hybrid head on a 5 wood shaft & you play it like a hybrid, you'll hit it fat. But, you also failed to read the rest of my posts.
[/quote]
Ping is also pretty notorious for having shorter clubs than other OEMs

Would anyone agree,that a RBZ 3 wood is a driver. Not saying that is good or bad. Those of you that hit it 20 yards farther than other 3 woods and do not agree, please explain why. I hit my 3 wood within 20 yards of my driver. If i hit a 3 wood 20 yards farther, i would just call it a driver. Not being a wise guy. Just asking a serious question.

[quote name='Ping-man' timestamp='1339642014' post='5088874']
[quote name='kg92lefty' timestamp='1339641399' post='5088766']
[quote name='Cygnus X1' timestamp='1339641117' post='5088728']
Hitting a hybrid fat means you need lessons, not that the club is bad.
[/quote]

This.
[/quote]

Nope, you are wrong. And if anyone would take the time to read all of the posts, this topic is really already dead. It's not a scam, I used poor wording. They are nice clubs w/ annoying marketing & they are way to long for me (length wise) but that is a personla choice. Anyone here know how to read? I've said all this before. I'm going to hit the damn things again tomorrow. I want to like these. It's not my swing. I now know what to expect w/ the length, ok?
[/quote]

If the club is too long you hit it off the heel, not fat.

[quote name='dlygrisse' timestamp='1339635478' post='5088122']
To me the RBZ 3 wood has a very deep face, almost looks like a driver from a few years ago......something tells me I could hit one about as far as my driver, how easy is it to hit them off the deck? When you are all saying they are a lot longer is that carry off the deck or tee?
[/quote]

I am surprised a club with a head so large is so easy to hit off the deck. I find it quite a bit longer off a tee AND off the deck.

[quote name='wobgon' timestamp='1339644724' post='5089222']
Would anyone agree,that a RBZ 3 wood is a driver. Not saying that is good or bad. Those of you that hit it 20 yards farther than other 3 woods and do not agree, please explain why. I hit my 3 wood within 20 yards of my driver. If i hit a 3 wood 20 yards farther, i would just call it a driver. Not being a wise guy. Just asking a serious question.
[/quote]

No, IMO. I don't hit the RBZ 3w as far as I hit my driver. /shrug

My two cents are when comparing all 2012 3 woods the RBZ had the highest smash factor. The clubhead speed vs the ball speed was 1.48 compared to nike, ping, titleist, adams xtd, even r11. The rbz clubhead simply performs better. Each club had 30 swings and all data was recorded from the same launch monitor. Recommend people put the same shaft in each and demo it. This is where you can really narrow down the products performance. Most other brands hovered around 1.41-1.45. My driver ss is 117mph (dont' know if I would see different results swinging slower). Did this comparison for the love of the game. If I played a 3 wood I would buy the RBZ tour head and pair it with the right shaft (with correct shaft length for proper lie angle, correct spin, launch, and control) for my swing. I can play many more shots with my 2 hybrid 910H for now.

Titleist 915 D4 Aldila Rogue 125 70TX
3 wood PXG 341 True Temper HZRDUS 75X
2 iron 716 TMB TTDG AMT X100
4-9 Epon AF-302 TTDG AMT ti X100
Vokey 46F, 50F, 54S, 60L TTDG ti S400
SC Circle T 009 Brushed Black Pearl 350g

[quote name='zwing' timestamp='1339644870' post='5089244']
If one was hitting a 3W fat because it has a longer shaft, how could they ever hit ANY driver? If anything, wouldn't too long a shaft cause the lie to have the toe of the club up in the air, causing hooks?
[/quote]

So you are telling me that if you took a 3 wood and played it like a hybrid (slightly forward of center, forward press, w/ a descending blow intended to hit down on the ball, instead of the normal, longer, sweeping swing you would normally use w/ a fairway wood) that you wouldn't hit behind the ball w/ that long of a shaft? You would actually hook it?

That's where I was hitting it. I was hitting it off the heal, it was creating unusually large divots, and basically popping it up. If my description of "fat shot" was inaccurate, then I have something else to apologize for.

[quote name='Polo-D' timestamp='1339648913' post='5089608']
Some of you guys needs therapy, seriously, it's is like you guys are Taylor made owners, or like you are the RBZ designers.
The OP thinks RBZ sucks, who cares! don't need to take it personal. Lol.

Cheers!
[/quote]

He asked a question. Some agree, some don't. That's what threads are all about.

My senior bag.......

Taylormade Sim Max  9* driver reg
Callaway Rogue 3 & 5 fw woods reg
Callaway Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids reg
Sub 70 699 pro's 6-pw
Ping Glide 50*, 54* & 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2 ball putter
Sub 70 Staff bag

At 43.5" long the RBZ 3 wood is longer than most. At essentially 200 cc (197) the RBZ 3 wood is bigger than most.

In a year or two someone will be making a 220 cc 3-wood that plays to 44". While it will still be called a 3 wood it will essentially be a mini driver.

People will then be forced to buy a fairway wood that is around 42.5" long with a head of around 160-180 to hit the ball from the fairway or light rough. Maybe it'll be called a 5 wood by then. Maybe a new group of fairway "gap" woods will be created to fill the void just like what happened when everyone started making 45-46* pitching wedges and the 50-52* gap wedge was created out of necessity.

I understand the criticism towards Taylor Made for this. But at the same time I like TM's equipment and last spring had a bag full of TM stuff. I'm sure I will buy TM stuff again in the future. But they do push the envelope in this regard. But at the same time they are #1 in drivers and fairway woods for a reason, and a big part of it is marketing.