2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

SLICEFIXER BOOK UPDATE

[quote name='dlygrisse' timestamp='1411270295' post='10155547']
[quote name='russc' timestamp='1411269758' post='10155497']
[quote name='tembolo1284' timestamp='1411269427' post='10155473']
Would help if geoff posted around here once in awhile.
[/quote]
A better bet would be that you become a vegetarian
[/quote]LOL, seriously, that is funny. What are you thinking asparagus wrapped in bacon, does that count?
[/quote]
Closest tembo ever came to vegetarian is when he ate a cow that had just eaten some grass.

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[/quote]
[/quote]LOL, seriously, that is funny. What are you thinking asparagus wrapped in bacon, does that count?
[/quote]Or how about chimichurri sauce on steak

[quote name='JPGolf FL' timestamp='1411270487' post='10155561']
[/quote]
[/quote]
Closest tembo ever came to vegetarian is when he ate a cow that had just eaten some grass.
[/quote]
+++ Very GOOD JPGolfFL

[quote name='russc' timestamp='1411270641' post='10155581']
[quote name='JPGolf FL' timestamp='1411270487' post='10155561']
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
+++ Very GOOD JPGolfFL
[/quote]

He **may** have stood behind one in line at the movies once.

[quote name='dpb5031' timestamp='1411264784' post='10155081']
[quote name='Hstead' timestamp='1411262797' post='10154913']
@dpb - we have had many good conversations, I hope you are not referring to me as a "shill"? If I am a "shill" then what does that make you in relation to Geoff?

Dan has his supporters and Geoff has his. Neither is right nor wrong. Geoff works for some and not for others. I posted as a response to some of the inaccuracies in this thread and took particular exception to jurr stating some want a "magic wand" "need a babysitter", "can't focus for 60 minutes on a drill" etc. I took that quite personal. I did not expect a babysitter, magic wand, and am more than capable of working hard at my golf game. I did expect some one on one instruction, more so than the guys that get "one hour lessons" paying an 1/8th of what I was paying. He took quite a few shots at my teacher which to be frank is something he knows nothing about as he has not worked with Dan. I have worked with both and have a much better understanding of what both guys do during a lesson. Am I supposed to sit here and watch guys like that make inaccurate fallacies and let it go without a rebuttal?

Right is right and wrong is wrong. I am not afraid to say it. Geoff is far from perfect. Dan is not either. [color=#ff0000]And it is also not right to attack Dan and then say no one can criticize Geoff. [/color] Let the truth be the truth. Why hide imperfections? Let people know the truth and let them decide. There will be plenty of guys like you that have had success with Geoff and know how Geoff operates that will continue to work with him. Then there will be guys that decide they want to work with Dan, then guys that like Monte's approach, or FPW, or JW, or PKTD, or lv_2, or Martin Chuck, or Doc. There are plenty of guys out there more than capable of improving a student. Let students know what to expect from each teacher. Nothing wrong with shedding light on strengths as well as weaknesses.

This entire thread is a perfect example. How many times has the book been promised to be released? It was guaranteed last June during the US Open. Then this year during the summer. It is almost becoming a joke. I never posted in this thread for a reason as I had no intentions in buying the book and also did not want to give an opinion on whether or not it will be released because honest I could care less. It seems any time I post it is often taken out of context and somehow always an attack on Geoff. It gets tiresome really. I guess I am just supposed to act like my experience never happened? This by the way is the first time I have ever actually publicly laid it all out how bad my experience actually was. On my other thread I did not reveal everything and in fact I still haven't. There is more.
[/quote]

No one attacked Dan here. He came into this thread unsolicited and on his own accord and criticized Geoff for the way he runs his business. I think that was flat-out wrong and speaks volumes about Dan's character and professionalism, or rather, lack thereof. Others agreed and that's why we jumped on him.

In the past you have started threads about your wonderful experiences with Dan, while at the same time being critical of your experience with Geoff. Sure, like Dan did here, you throw in the disclaimers and caveats (Geoff's a great guy, helps many, etc., etc.,) but the message was clear, and with your thread title, not surprisingly controversial. That's your prerogative, but it's not my style.
[/quote]

dpb5031, you nailed it right on the head.

Hstead, do you think it's professional for a teacher to come into a thread and shed light on the negative aspects of another teacher? Simple question.

[quote name='HoganAfficianado' timestamp='1411273641' post='10155827']
@dpb - we have had many good conversations, I hope you are not referring to me as a "shill"? If I am a "shill" then what does that make you in relation to Geoff?

Dan has his supporters and Geoff has his. Neither is right nor wrong. Geoff works for some and not for others. I posted as a response to some of the inaccuracies in this thread and took particular exception to jurr stating some want a "magic wand" "need a babysitter", "can't focus for 60 minutes on a drill" etc. I took that quite personal. I did not expect a babysitter, magic wand, and am more than capable of working hard at my golf game. I did expect some one on one instruction, more so than the guys that get "one hour lessons" paying an 1/8th of what I was paying. He took quite a few shots at my teacher which to be frank is something he knows nothing about as he has not worked with Dan. I have worked with both and have a much better understanding of what both guys do during a lesson. Am I supposed to sit here and watch guys like that make inaccurate fallacies and let it go without a rebuttal?

Right is right and wrong is wrong. I am not afraid to say it. Geoff is far from perfect. Dan is not either. [color=#ff0000]And it is also not right to attack Dan and then say no one can criticize Geoff. [/color] Let the truth be the truth. Why hide imperfections? Let people know the truth and let them decide. There will be plenty of guys like you that have had success with Geoff and know how Geoff operates that will continue to work with him. Then there will be guys that decide they want to work with Dan, then guys that like Monte's approach, or FPW, or JW, or PKTD, or lv_2, or Martin Chuck, or Doc. There are plenty of guys out there more than capable of improving a student. Let students know what to expect from each teacher. Nothing wrong with shedding light on strengths as well as weaknesses.

This entire thread is a perfect example. How many times has the book been promised to be released? It was guaranteed last June during the US Open. Then this year during the summer. It is almost becoming a joke. I never posted in this thread for a reason as I had no intentions in buying the book and also did not want to give an opinion on whether or not it will be released because honest I could care less. It seems any time I post it is often taken out of context and somehow always an attack on Geoff. It gets tiresome really. I guess I am just supposed to act like my experience never happened? This by the way is the first time I have ever actually publicly laid it all out how bad my experience actually was. On my other thread I did not reveal everything and in fact I still haven't. There is more.
[/quote]

No one attacked Dan here. He came into this thread unsolicited and on his own accord and criticized Geoff for the way he runs his business. I think that was flat-out wrong and speaks volumes about Dan's character and professionalism, or rather, lack thereof. Others agreed and that's why we jumped on him.

In the past you have started threads about your wonderful experiences with Dan, while at the same time being critical of your experience with Geoff. Sure, like Dan did here, you throw in the disclaimers and caveats (Geoff's a great guy, helps many, etc., etc.,) but the message was clear, and with your thread title, not surprisingly controversial. That's your prerogative, but it's not my style.
[/quote]

Hstead, do you think it's professional for a teacher to come into a thread and shed light on the negative aspects of another teacher? Simple question.
[/quote]

Yeah. Cuz the subject of the thread is the teacher. Therefore proper topics would include all objects pertaining to the teacher. This isn't candyland where we merrily hold hands and skip through a field of daises while we proclaim our love for everyone. The fact that you guys are so butthurt shows you think the complaints have merit.

@HoganAff- simple question - Is it only Geoff that is allowed to give his opinion of other instructors on this site and Dan cannot give his opinion of Geoff's practices? Because we have a search feature and I have used it. Simple question.

Ping G430 Max 9* Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6X
Ping G425 Max 14.5 Alta CB 65S
Callaway Rogue ST Max 18* Tensei Blue 75S

PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-GW
Titleist SM9  52*F 56*D and 60*D
L.A.B. Link1/Scotty Newport
Srixon Z Star XV

[quote name='Hstead' timestamp='1411274515' post='10155889']
@HoganAff- simple question - Is it only Geoff that is allowed to give his opinion of other instructors on this site and Dan cannot give his opinion of Geoff's practices? Because we have a search feature and I have used it. Simple question.
[/quote]

No teasing allowed , examples required thank you

[/quote]

I guess you're going to have to share your search results.

[/quote]

Just curious. When was Geoff's last post about another instructor?

We can start with Jim "Flip". Go ahead and knock yourself out or I can. Pretty simple really, type Jim Flick or Flip in the Advanced search and slicefixer as the author. There are many times he makes fun of the "ole coach". Plenty.

PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-GW
Srixon Z Star XV

[quote name='pinhigh27' timestamp='1411274160' post='10155871']
[quote name='HoganAfficianado' timestamp='1411273641' post='10155827']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah. Cuz the subject of the thread is the teacher. Therefore proper topics would include all objects pertaining to the teacher. This isn't candyland where we merrily hold hands and skip through a field of daises while we proclaim our love for everyone. The fact that you guys are so butthurt shows you think the complaints have merit.
[/quote]

This thread is about a teacher's book. As far as the candyland and butthurt comments. No point in arguing with someone like you.

[quote name='Hstead' timestamp='1411275339' post='10155945']
We can start with Jim "Flip". Go ahead and knock yourself out or I can. Pretty simple really, type Jim Flick or Flip in the Advanced search and slicefixer as the author. There are many times he makes fun of the "ole coach". Plenty.
[/quote]

How about you post his exact words and we can go from there.

Quote from Slice

"[color=#282828]I always try and be respectful of my elders.........[/color][color=red][background=yellow]Jim[/background][/color][color=#282828] [/color][color=red][background=yellow]Flick[/background][/color][color=#282828] is getting on up in years, approaching 80 I think.........he's taught, with GREAT passion, ONE way for his entire career.........he undoubtedly was a pretty good player in his day and did it with his hands/arms ("Old School")........with that being said, his comments to Peter Kessler are, at best, "wishful thinking," and, at worst, a SURE sign it's time to hang em' up.........IMOP.........."[/color]

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/134978-jim-flick-on-xm-with-kessler-discussing-hogan/page__hl__%20jim%20%20flick

"[color=#282828]Spider. EVERYTHING is about CAMERA ANGLES............I'm sure, hell I know, I have footage taken from behind and offset that would make it appear that his shoulders were square, but, IF a person takes a look at a LOT of footage it's reasonably EASY to figure out "fact from fiction".........[/color][color=red][background=yellow]Jim[/background][/color][color=#282828] [/color][color=red][background=yellow]Flick[/background][/color][color=#282828] has his head stuck in the sand (or other dark places... [/color] ;)[color=#282828]) and refuses to give up on his opinion that the golf club should be swung today just like it was in 1908.........this despite the FACT that ANY person with reasonable vision and a bit of golf swing knowldege can EASILY "SEE" that his "method" is NOT being used by the elite ballstrikers in our game.........and hasn't since the early 1940's........."[/color]

[color=#282828]"[/color][color=#282828]Coach [/color][color=red][background=yellow]Flick[/background][/color][color=#282828] is an ornery ole' cuss with an ego that's been SERIOUSLY deflated over the past 20 years......he's got a chip on his shoulder IMOP.........same can be said for other "big name" teachers too.........get two "big name" experts together with BIG ego's and who BOTH think they invented the golf swing/golf and "fireworks" will ensue just about everytime...[/color]

[color=#282828]That is a start. There is plenty more if you want me to continue?[/color]

PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-GW
Srixon Z Star XV

[quote name='Hstead' timestamp='1411275761' post='10155967']
Quote from Slice

"[color=#282828]I always try and be respectful of my elders.........[/color][color=red][background=yellow]Jim[/background][/color][color=#282828] [/color][color=red][background=yellow]Flick[/background][/color][color=#282828] is getting on up in years, approaching 80 I think.........he's taught, with GREAT passion, ONE way for his entire career.........he undoubtedly was a pretty good player in his day and did it with his hands/arms ("Old School")........with that being said, his comments to Peter Kessler are, at best, "wishful thinking," and, at worst, a SURE sign it's time to hang em' up.........IMOP.........."[/color]

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/134978-jim-flick-on-xm-with-kessler-discussing-hogan/page__hl__%20jim%20%20flick"]http://www.golfwrx.c...hl__ jim flick[/url]

"[color=#282828]Spider. EVERYTHING is about CAMERA ANGLES............I'm sure, hell I know, I have footage taken from behind and offset that would make it appear that his shoulders were square, but, IF a person takes a look at a LOT of footage it's reasonably EASY to figure out "fact from fiction".........[/color][color=red][background=yellow]Jim[/background][/color][color=#282828] [/color][color=red][background=yellow]Flick[/background][/color][color=#282828] has his head stuck in the sand (or other dark places... [/color] ;)[color=#282828]) and refuses to give up on his opinion that the golf club should be swung today just like it was in 1908.........this despite the FACT that ANY person with reasonable vision and a bit of golf swing knowldege can EASILY "SEE" that his "method" is NOT being used by the elite ballstrikers in our game.........and hasn't since the early 1940's........."[/color]

[color=#282828]"[/color][color=#282828]Coach [/color][color=red][background=yellow]Flick[/background][/color][color=#282828] is an ornery ole' cuss with an ego that's been SERIOUSLY deflated over the past 20 years......he's got a chip on his shoulder IMOP.........same can be said for other "big name" teachers too.........get two "big name" experts together with BIG ego's and who BOTH think they invented the golf swing/golf and "fireworks" will ensue just about everytime...[/color]

[color=#282828]That is a start. There is plenty more if you want me to continue?[/color]
[/quote]

This is some damning evidence... :huh: People may have just gotten smarter because of it.

[/quote]

I asked when. You never answered that ? Are we still hung up on posts from years ago?

[quote name='TheWoat' timestamp='1411279143' post='10156065']
He also was critical of Ballard's teachings. It was from a few years ago (5-8 yrs ago), but you could also say that when Geoff was an active poster, he would make comments critical of other well known teachers. I dont think its a bad thing either.
[/quote]

Exactly but for some reason Dan is not allowed to be critical of Geoff? Geoff can make fun of Flick, Ballard, Plummer among others yet Dan is not allowed to say Geoff is making a poor business decision by not returning calls, text, and emails. Incredible. Heaven forbid the slice fans get their panties in a wad.

PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-GW
Srixon Z Star XV

[quote name='Psi high' timestamp='1411278792' post='10156055']
[/quote]

I asked when. You never answered that ? Are we still hung up on posts from years ago?
[/quote]

You think Geoffs opinion has changed?

I understand the loyalty to Slice and to Dan. I myself use another instructor. It almost becomes like tribal football support passion. Plus we all want to stand up or people we'd consider friends too. Maybe as a neutral is easier to call it?

At the end of the day if slice was on the ball regarding correspondance we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

[quote name='pinhigh27' timestamp='1411256533' post='10154461']
[quote name='Lefthook' timestamp='1411256046' post='10154413']
[quote name='iteachgolf' timestamp='1411234597' post='10153229']
But do you reply to them the next day or in a normal amount of time? My guess says yes. I'm guessing you don't completely ignore them or take a few months to reply follow up emails.
[/quote]

This is supposed to be a forum for golfing enthusiasts. I would expect the teaching professionals to be loyal to each other, against the crowd of amateurs like myself.

If you've got something to say in defense of Geoff, say it. Otherwise stf up.

You look like you're fishing in another man's pond here. Your engagement in this thread is disgraceful.
[/quote]

Why should they be loyal to each other? What courtesy do they owe each other? The culture you're emphasizing is the reason that golf instruction was so stagnant for so long.
[/quote]

[size=4]If they start criticizing each other in public they will both loose. And the stagnant instruction will win. [/size]

[size=4]But there are ethical reasons too. Big difference whether the criticism comes from a user sharing his experience or from a competitor who has a financial interest in looking like the better prospect.[/size]

[quote name='Lefthook' timestamp='1411297472' post='10156311']
[quote name='pinhigh27' timestamp='1411256533' post='10154461']
[quote name='Lefthook' timestamp='1411256046' post='10154413']
[quote name='iteachgolf' timestamp='1411234597' post='10153229']
But do you reply to them the next day or in a normal amount of time? My guess says yes. I'm guessing you don't completely ignore them or take a few months to reply follow up emails.
[/quote]

This is supposed to be a forum for golfing enthusiasts. I would expect the teaching professionals to be loyal to each other, against the crowd of amateurs like myself.

If you've got something to say in defense of Geoff, say it. Otherwise stf up.

You look like you're fishing in another man's pond here. Your engagement in this thread is disgraceful.
[/quote]

Why should they be loyal to each other? What courtesy do they owe each other? The culture you're emphasizing is the reason that golf instruction was so stagnant for so long.
[/quote]

[size=4]If they start criticizing each other in public they will both loose. And the stagnant instruction will win. [/size]

[size=4]But there are ethical reasons too. Big difference whether the criticism comes from a user sharing his experience or from a competitor who has a financial interest in looking like the better prospect.[/size]
[/quote]

I'm not getting how this is a financial interest ! I would have thought the huge distance between Tex/ ark and Florida would mean they would be on separate radars

Responding within 24 hours to an e mail, text or phone call is standard correct business practice regardless whether you are the CEO of a Fortune 500 company, the guy in the mail room or a sole entrepreneur. It is also correct behavior in normal human interactions.

It is of course perfectly acceptable to not abide by these rules but it will be to the detriment of the growth and profitability of your business or your personal life. Some people do not wish to grow further or become more successful and that is fine as well. As long as they understand why that is.

[quote name='Lefthook' timestamp='1411299575' post='10156357']
Geoff has people flying in from all over. I would expect the same goes for DC.

They are on the same radar, right here in this forum. The discussions that go on here makes a difference to both men's bank accounts. There's no question about it.
[/quote]

I think it's a stretch . Geoff hasn't posted for years , Dan hardly posts . I might be guessing but the amount of each instructors students that find from WRX would be maybe 5% . I hardly think that Dan being critical of Geoff' in regard to response and feedback would effect daily attendance at his teaching facility . If anything the review posted by Heath would be way more detrimental , but even then I'd reckon it's a ripple in the ocean . Bottom line is I'm not buying your story , I think it's nonsense and reality is that you are just wanting to needle Dan , just man up and admit it

Hstead, you have articulated things very well. Thank you for posting.

In order to improve at anything, you must be aware of your shortcomings.

Having a cadre of acolytes who would never call you out on anything is a dangerous thing, and leads to worsening of existing problems.

I see this thread as a good development because I like Geoff a lot, but I need to see changes before I commit to seeing him again. Hopefully when things are laid bare, Geoff can improve his operation.

Hstead:

I echo the earlier comments made by other students.
As big a fan of Geoff as we are, if that experience had been ours, our opinions would be different. They would have to be.

That is not the experience that I have had in the multiple visits that I have had with Geoff. It absolutely sucks that you had a bad experience. I'm glad to hear that you have found what works for you.

As a professional myself, I have had bad days. I have been short with a patient or the office schedule (emergencies) somehow fell into shambles, which led to less interaction. This has led to me losing a patient here or there, and that sucks. It's far from the normal experience I provide, but sometimes **** happens.

I have had interactions on this board with just about every single person who has posted on this thread, and you are all passionate about the game of golf. You're all aces in my book. **** gets heated when you feel like someone's being picked on that you have heavy respect and love for.

Those of us that work with Geoff know what we get from him. He makes it make sense for us. We've all gotten MUCH better with him. I've seen Dan's work with students on the site, and he does a terrific job, as well.

I agree with the idea that FWP put forth. We're all in different phases of life as it pertains to the career arc. Having children and trying to find some form of life balance between career and family is the ultimate juggling act.

I will still say that the experience I have had with Geoff has been amazing, and I could certainly say that the guys I have met along the journey feel the same way. I have yet to meet the student in person that felt "short changed". Apparently there have been some, and that is unfortunate. There definitely are two sides to every point.