2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

SLICEFIXER BOOK UPDATE

[quote name='eightiron' timestamp='1411300917' post='10156389']
[quote name='Lefthook' timestamp='1411299575' post='10156357']
Geoff has people flying in from all over. I would expect the same goes for DC.

They are on the same radar, right here in this forum. The discussions that go on here makes a difference to both men's bank accounts. There's no question about it.
[/quote]

I think it's a stretch . Geoff hasn't posted for years , Dan hardly posts . I might be guessing but the amount of each instructors students that find from WRX would be maybe 5% . I hardly think that Dan being critical of Geoff' in regard to response and feedback would effect daily attendance at his teaching facility . If anything the review posted by Heath would be way more detrimental , but even then I'd reckon it's a ripple in the ocean . Bottom line is I'm not buying your story , I think it's nonsense and reality is that you are just wanting to needle Dan , just man up and admit it
[/quote]

I know for a fact that GJs presence here has had profound influence on his business. He has told me so in person. He has probably said so in some of his old posts here too.

What happens in this thread will not make a substantial difference to his booking the next 3 months perhaps. But what happens here and what has happens in the long run will influence the stream of new clients. Same goes for DC.

Look around you. Plenty of people here who have gone to visit teachers because they have a very good reputation on this forum.

I own an internet business, btw. The product talk has a profound impact on the stream of incoming orders. Even big companies takes this very serious. If you get ignored by customer support after a bad purchase or service, you can go on epinions.com or a similar site and and file your complaint in public. Many of the same companies who give piss poor customer support through the regular channels will take action immediately, provide a good solution to your problem and make sure that the story on www gets a happy ending. They know how important the talk is to their business.

I am sorry if it looks like I am trying to needle Dan. I will try to tone it down the next time around.

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will echo the above from Lefthook and tone it down after this post :stop: . I consider many of you to me my internet golf buddies and I'd like to keep it that way...lol!

I have never on these forums made a single negative comment about Dan C. before yesterday, even when at times I personally may have been put off by the tone and tenor of his posts. In fact, I even referred a buddy of mine who lives in Ponte Vedra Beach to go see Dan.

My beef is that Dan came into this thread and criticized the way Geoff runs his business. In my view it was personal, inappropriate, and out of line...that's all. It struck a nerve with me. Geoff has become a friend and has been very good to me and my daughter. He's a good guy and a gentleman and knows as much about the golf swing as just about anyone on the planet. He got slammed here by a fellow teacher in a discussion thread supposedly about his book. Is it so surprising to see someone step up when one of their friends is being disparaged? I'd hope my friends would do it for me.

It's not like Dan is a past student or even a prospective student of Geoff's. He's a fellow instructor, and therefore, at least in terms as how it relates to this particular internet community, a competitor. This is how these guys feed their families. If Dan were to post about what he believes to be best business practices for golf instructors elsewhere on GolfWRX, I would take zero issue with that. What could possibly motivate him to come into this thread and make those comments?

I have no interest in a Dan v. Geoff debate, but it seems like quite a few others do. I do value reviews though, both positive and negative about Geoff, Dan, or any other instructor for that matter. They are valuable to both prospective students and the teachers alike. I don't however, particularly appreciate reviews that provide a glowing review of someones favorite guy while maligning another. Again...maybe I'm old fashioned, but it's not my style. It reeks as trying to steer prospective students from one pro to another instead of just letting objective reviews, either positive or negative, speak for themselves...

USGA Index: ~0

[b]WITB[/b]:
Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball

They are on the same radar, right here in this forum. The discussions that go on here makes a difference to both men's bank accounts. There's no question about it.
[/quote]

I think it's a stretch . Geoff hasn't posted for years , Dan hardly posts . I might be guessing but the amount of each instructors students that find from WRX would be maybe 5% . I hardly think that Dan being critical of Geoff' in regard to response and feedback would effect daily attendance at his teaching facility . If anything the review posted by Heath would be way more detrimental , but even then I'd reckon it's a ripple in the ocean . Bottom line is I'm not buying your story , I think it's nonsense and reality is that you are just wanting to needle Dan , just man up and admit it
[/quote]

I would add that for the most part, the work they do here is probably akin to doctors doing charity work. It doesn't really change their bottom line and is a nice thing to do...All of the instructors that post on here have at one time or the other looked at someones swing for free via video...These guys have tour players and good amateurs they work with. Anything they do in person or online for our members (even if they do charge for it) is probably not doing much for their bottom line. The only exclusion I will make is some of our more serious (and probably well heeled members) that travel to do a few days with these guys. That does help the bottom line significantly and they should be treated equally to their normal students or the instructor should not take the business to begin with...

For the record,there are a lot of you guys on here that are super knowledgable and you have helped me get my son to where he is today. I read through everything that you guys post and try to pull out what is applicable in his case so I am in no ones "camp". My personal swing is a lost cause of compensations and I don't even bother with it anymore...Thanks for the help!

[quote name='themouth1' timestamp='1411311461' post='10156991']

[/quote]

[/quote]

I would add that for the most part, the work they do here is probably akin to doctors doing charity work. It doesn't really change their bottom line and is a nice thing to do...All of the instructors that post on here have at one time or the other looked at someones swing for free via video...These guys have tour players and good amateurs they work with. Anything they do in person or online for our members (even if they do charge for it) is probably not doing much for their bottom line. The only exclusion I will make is some of our more serious (and probably well healed members) that travel to do a few days with these guys. That does help the bottom line significantly and they should be treated equally to their normal students or the instructor should not take the business to begin with...

For the record,there are a lot of you guys on here that are super knowledgable and you have helped me get my son to where he is today. I read through everything that you guys post and try to pull out what is applicable in his case so I am in no ones "camp". My personal swing is a lost cause of compensations and I don't even bother with it anymore...Thanks for the help!
[/quote]
You may be looking in all the wrong places to improve your swing .I am not talking about seeing any specific pro or following any particular swing philosophy ,I am referring to the fact that making a good golf swing is at least partially dependent on adequate mobility/flexibility.That should be your current emphasis.

[quote name='russc' timestamp='1411312708' post='10157043']
[quote name='themouth1' timestamp='1411311461' post='10156991']

[/quote]

[/quote]

I would add that for the most part, the work they do here is probably akin to doctors doing charity work. It doesn't really change their bottom line and is a nice thing to do...All of the instructors that post on here have at one time or the other looked at someones swing for free via video...These guys have tour players and good amateurs they work with. Anything they do in person or online for our members (even if they do charge for it) is probably not doing much for their bottom line. The only exclusion I will make is some of our more serious (and probably well healed members) that travel to do a few days with these guys. That does help the bottom line significantly and they should be treated equally to their normal students or the instructor should not take the business to begin with...

[/quote]
You may be looking in all the wrong places to improve your swing .I am not talking about seeing any specific pro or following any particular swing philosophy ,I am referring to the fact that making a good golf swing is at least partially dependent on adequate mobility/flexibility.That should be your current emphasis.
[/quote]

My issues come from the fact that I was in the middle of a swing change and then quit playing golf...I came back after 5 years and am in between. It is ugly...I can still break 80 but my days of going lower are probably over...I have more fun watching my kids play anyway.

Like I said all along I have a ton of respect for Geoff and think he has a big heart and is passionate, but I can do that while also disagreeing with him. In a thread on this very website where some stated "Golf instruction is a chummy business, rife with cliques and territories" in response to golf instructors protecting each other from ridicule. His response was, "Which is RIDICULOUS IMOP............ IF somebody disagrees with me thats their RIGHT.........in the big pic, "so what" LOL" He was perfectly fine being critical of his peers and in fact was quite critical of a good number of other teachers. Saying that, "Haney's "article" on how he cured his driver yips has to be the worst waste of column space in history....theyd have been better printing coupons for tampons IMO ;-) "

Or how he repeatedly was critical and bashed "Jim "Coach" Flip" and "AJ "boner"". Saying that AJ was the "absolute worst source of golf information I've ever seen in my life" And gasp he did so in threads started by people asking questions about those instructors and some AJ threads where the OP was posting about his success after watching the videos.

Which I think there is NOTHING wrong with. But some of you have selected memories and forget how critical he was of his peers. Nothing I said was remotely personal or nearly as bad as "worst source of golf information I've ever seen". In fact I think Geoff is a great source of information and if you went and spent a month with him at his place you would emerge with a great swing and be a much better golfer and likely person because of it. Just because you disagree with someone on a subject doesn't mean you wish any ill will towards them or hate them. I have in fact when called and asked by people considering both of us said that you can't make a wrong decision and that Geoff would be able to help everyone who walks in his door and never once compared myself to him. Simply state how I do things and that to hear how Geoff does things best to call him and choose the one that fits you best. Same goes for other people on here. I've recommended golfers who have contacted me go see Michael Martin (Fort Worth Pro), Monte, Martin Chuck, Chase (Lv_2_hack), and many others Geoff included.

My daily playing partner flew down for a 3 day with GJ. Enjoyed it immensely, but had some of the same concerns re: face to face time. While down there he helped GJ set up and or learn how to Skype for lessons. That happened only once since he left TXAR .... for the inaugural Skype lesson I sat in my friend's house hitting on the GC2, 3 cameras rolling, 2 laptops fired up waiting for GJ to log in .... never happened (at least that night).

[size=4]He worked with GJ a bit longer but got frustrated and worse (swing) with lack of contact and communication .... he has since moved on to someone else. Not because of any thread but due to his experience. [/size]

[size=4]I love GJ's stuff, I will buy the book, but unless you live down [/size]the[size=4] road or have the time and $$ to get there often ... I wouldn't recommend the trip. [/size]

[size=4]golow(TM) [/size]

Dan no point they are beyond defensive when it's constructive criticism. The same criticism Geoff dished out many times about other instructors (but I guess that's ok). I think people in this thread need to admit they are taking things the wrong way and just admit that although he's a great instructor he doesn't treat all of his students equally. In fact some people he flat out ignores.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

[quote name='bph7' timestamp='1411324501' post='10157797']
[quote name='russc' timestamp='1411324047' post='10157763']
By the way how many posts on this topic have been made by Monte,Jim Waldron or Martin C
[/quote]

Do you know the answer? If not, look through the thread. If you do know why not just state the answer rather than the constant passive aggressive rhetorical questions?
[/quote]
The answer is zero
And do you know why .Because either they are too busy or else they have no interest to get involved in topics that are irrelevant to them or both.They are NOT busybodies
How Slicefixer conducts his business is not your concern is not my concern and is certainly not of concern to someone who has no intention of seeing Slicefixer.If someone wants to see him. and has trouble contacting him ,just post in the 9-3 forum.If you are considering seeing him and want more information post in the 9-3 forum.There was a discussion on the 9-3 forum this last July on a swing point that I had made.Well within 15 minutes one of his current students communicated with him and relayed Geoff's opinion on that specific point .What % of his students stay at his house,thus saving on hotel costs?The vast majority.I have seen Slicefixer teach on maybe 3 dozen days.Were there delays in starting sessions .OFTEN.Did Slicefixer ever have a time clock on particular session .NEVER.Does Slicefixer babysit his students .NO he does not watch you ever second.Did golfers ever need clarification on the points that they were working on.USUALLY.Did Geoff ever teach past 6 or 7 pm.Almost ALWAYS.This past summer I stayed until 10:30 one evening .The next day i excused myself at 7:30 because I had no desire to again drive on curvy ,hilly rural roads in the dark
I have mentioned in numerous posts that golfers who see him can not be shy and need to ask questions if they have trouble understanding or performing a specific motion I have tried to convince him to make guest posts on Golfwrx,but he turned down that idea immediately.
I can only describe most of you as reminding me of the busybodies at my grandmother's bridge games.Do any of you dye your hair,turning it blue.?

[quote name='russc' timestamp='1411327610' post='10158011']
[quote name='bph7' timestamp='1411324501' post='10157797']
[quote name='russc' timestamp='1411324047' post='10157763']
By the way how many posts on this topic have been made by Monte,Jim Waldron or Martin C
[/quote]

Do you know the answer? If not, look through the thread. If you do know why not just state the answer rather than the constant passive aggressive rhetorical questions?
[/quote]
The answer is zero
And do you know why .Because either they are too busy or else they have no interest to get involved in topics that are irrelevant to them or both.They are NOT busybodies
[b]How Slicefixer conducts his business is not your concern is not my concern and is certainly not of concern to someone who has no intention of seeing Slicefixer.[/b]
[/quote]

I agree with most of your post, but not the bold. If this is what others want to discuss, I see no issue with anyone making it their concern, provided that the information being discussed is factual. Obviously, if others don't want to participate, they don't have to, but I'm getting tired of being told in every thread by someone or another what is and what isn't our business. Its a discussion board, we should be able to discuss things related to golf instructors.

[quote name='ej002' timestamp='1411343468' post='10159103']
Lmao - I heard there is a manuscript from the 90s but it's written in code - not making this up. If you know the code it's really good and explained the whole deal.
[/quote]

What would he charge for the book? If you're getting 2500 from schools it seems stupid to make a book as a golf book over 50 bucks is never gonna sell.

Just getting back on topic,would a book by slicefixer be a best seller if he released one? Apart from this forum,if you asked anyone at a driving range or a golf course if they have ever heard of Geoff Jones,I am guessing you wouldn't hear many yes's.

Geoff has to be weighing this up as well. Authors usually only get about 10% royalty off net profits from publishers. You can be your own publisher but you run the risks asscociated with that.

Perhaps better to keep the inner circle small and charge more with limited supply for demand. Teaching is a business first you know.

[quote name='ej002' timestamp='1411386436' post='10161125']
Zack Fischer Monday qualified about 4 tournaments including the U.S. Open and he won Q school to get him on web.com. Worked with Toms for a while. Had a guy win Senior Britih open. I am sure there is more.
[/quote]

Yaaaaaaaa I remember hearing about zack fischer. Good stuff.

Wishon 919 THI 11* 0.5* Open
Wishon 929 HS 14.5*, 19* 0.5 Open
Wishon 775HS 22*, 25*
Wishon 5, 6 560 MC 7-PW MMC MB
Wishon 54, 59 Micro-Groove HM
All shafts are S2S Stepless Steel Wishon

Zack Fischer Monday qualified about 4 tournaments including the U.S. Open and he won Q school to get him on web.com. Worked with Toms for a while. Had a guy win Senior Britih open. I am sure there is more.
[/quote]

[/quote]

for you gentlemen
[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huj5Xm8cEfo[/media]

uh yeah that'll do nicely dude shot 75 in the first round on web.com q school and then shot like 66 65 64 64 64 or something insane like that to win it...

[url="http://www.pgatour.com/players/player.39412.zack-fischer.html/statistics"]http://www.pgatour.com/players/player.39412.zack-fischer.html/statistics[/url]

Didn't play too badly. Just needs to keep learning and getting better for scoring and course mgmt probably.

Wishon 919 THI 11* 0.5* Open
Wishon 929 HS 14.5*, 19* 0.5 Open
Wishon 775HS 22*, 25*
Wishon 5, 6 560 MC 7-PW MMC MB
Wishon 54, 59 Micro-Groove HM
All shafts are S2S Stepless Steel Wishon

Book? Pics or your lying :)

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130