2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

SLICEFIXER BOOK UPDATE

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='SullGolf' timestamp='1411505091' post='10170949']
[quote name='russc' timestamp='1411498476' post='10170257']"YOUR MEMORY IS LIKE THE TELEPHONE GAME"
"Each time that you recall an event ,your brain distorts it"[/quote]

You might want to stick to armchair swing coaching instead of armchair psychology.
[/quote]
Are you stating that any of the findings that i mentioned were incorrect

The simple fact is that Hstead has a clearcut bias against Slicefixer and some of his statements in the original version of his visit are contradicted in later posts.
Which is correct or incorrect ,i can not determine.
To the best of my knowledge no one else has ever posted such contradictory posts

You keep saying "bias" as if it's some pejorative. He just didn't have a good experience and candy coated it at first because he was worried that some of the resident slicefixer homers would jump on his back about it. Based on some of your replies, it sounds like he judged the situation pretty damn accurately.

[quote name='SullGolf' timestamp='1411508748' post='10171249']
You keep saying "bias" as if it's some pejorative. He just didn't have a good experience and candy coated it at first because he was worried that some of the resident slicefixer homers would jump on his back about it. Based on some of your replies, it sounds like he judged the situation pretty damn accurately.
[/quote]

I really don't get this.

It wasn't an assigned mandatory book report. He didn't have to write anything.

[quote name='russc' timestamp='1411508230' post='10171225']
The simple fact is that Hstead has a clearcut bias against Slicefixer and some of his statements in the original version of his visit are contradicted in later posts.
To the best of my knowledge no one else has ever posted such contradictory posts
[/quote]

You caught me Columbo, the true story is I paid Geoff an extra $500 for his excellent effort. Darn it. I thought I could get away with it but you figured it all out Russ. You and Cary Schoen are a couple of sharp cookies I tell you. Can't get anything past you two.

Ping G430 Max 9* Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6X
Ping G425 Max 14.5 Alta CB 65S
Callaway Rogue ST Max 18* Tensei Blue 75S

PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-GW
Titleist SM9  52*F 56*D and 60*D
L.A.B. Link1/Scotty Newport
Srixon Z Star XV

[b]The simple fact is that Hstead[/b] [b]has a clearcut bias against Slicefixer [/b]and some of his statements in the original version of his visit are contradicted in later posts.
[/quote]

FWIW - I don't think he does.

I think the opposite is true. I clearly think that he has a deep affection for the man and just had a philosophical difference with respect to his teaching methods.

I have seen Geoff on numerous occasions, and much of what Hstead states as concerns, I can confirm.

[quote name='eagles1' timestamp='1411509126' post='10171273']
[/quote]

I really don't get this.

[/quote]

You're absolutely right. But there has been a bit of a cult of personality (that's a bad/negative term, but couldn't think of something better) surrounding slicefixer on this forum, though it's definitely diminished over the last year or so. Posting in his thread long after he stopped, booking months in advance, tons of trip reports, talking about their upcoming "pilgrimage" to texarkana, askign for help from his disciples, sleeping in his spare bedroom, etc. Hstead's posts in the run up to his trip look a bit like that. He was pumped about making this special trip that everyone is talking about. Everyone says it's great, so it must be right? Maybe he doesn't want to say anything bad, or maybe says positive things to keep in with the crowd. Or maybe he hadn't had other instruction experiences and thought that was how it was supposed to be. Russc is the expert on this psychology stuff, so maybe he can explain it better :).

[quote name='eagles1' timestamp='1411509555' post='10171303']
[b]The simple fact is that Hstead[/b] [b]has a clearcut bias against Slicefixer [/b]and some of his statements in the original version of his visit are contradicted in later posts.
[/quote]

FWIW - I don't think he does.

I think the opposite is true. I clearly think that he has a deep affection for the man and just had a philosophical difference with respect to his teaching methods.

I have seen Geoff on numerous occasions, and much of what Hstead states as concerns, I can confirm.
[/quote][size=4][quote name='Hstead' timestamp='1411509174' post='10171279'][/size]
[/quote]

You caught me Columbo, the true story is I paid Geoff an extra $500 for his excellent effort. Darn it. I thought I could get away with it but you figured it all out Russ. You and Cary Schoen are a couple of sharp cookies I tell you. Can't get anything past you two.
[/quote]
You can try to deflect all that you want ,but the contradictions are there for all of us to see.If such statements were made under oath,you would not be on Golfwrx.com but on lawyer.com

[quote name='SullGolf' timestamp='1411510294' post='10171349']
[/quote]

I really don't get this.

[/quote]

You're absolutely right. But there has been a bit of a cult of personality (that's a bad/negative term, but couldn't think of something better) surrounding slicefixer on this forum, though it's definitely diminished over the last year or so. Posting in his thread long after he stopped, booking months in advance, tons of trip reports, talking about their upcoming "pilgrimage" to texarkana, askign for help from his disciples, sleeping in his spare bedroom, etc. Hstead's posts in the run up to his trip look a bit like that. He was pumped about making this special trip that everyone is talking about. Everyone says it's great, so it must be right? Maybe he doesn't want to say anything bad, or maybe says positive things to keep in with the crowd. Or maybe he hadn't had other instruction experiences and thought that was how it was supposed to be. Russc is the expert on this psychology stuff, so maybe he can explain it better :).
[/quote]
Hstead has written that he had previously seen a number of top rated pros ,so he is no virgin in this process.I have consistently written any number of complimentary posts about Slicefixer.but at least one of his statements exceed what i have ever written. Bias in that it affects memories just as i quoted

[quote name='russc' timestamp='1411510839' post='10171395']
[/quote]

I really don't get this.

[/quote]

[/quote]
Hstead has written that he had previously seen a number of top rated pros ,so he is no virgin in this process.I have consistently written any number of complimentary posts about Slicefixer.but at least one of his statements exceed what i have ever written. Bias in that it affects memories just as i quoted
[/quote]
Again, Geoff appeared in the thread and verified the story. What can't you understand about that? I don't know Geoff but I have a feeling he would rather you just let this one go and move on.

[/quote]

I really don't get this.

[/quote]

You're absolutely right. But there has been a bit of a cult of personality (that's a bad/negative term, but couldn't think of something better) surrounding slicefixer on this forum, though it's definitely diminished over the last year or so. Posting in his thread long after he stopped, booking months in advance, tons of trip reports, talking about their upcoming "pilgrimage" to texarkana, askign for help from his disciples, sleeping in his spare bedroom, etc. [b][u]Hstead's posts in the run up to his trip look a bit like that.[/u] [u] He was pumped about making this special trip that everyone is talking about. Everyone says it's great, so it must be right? Maybe he doesn't want to say anything bad, or maybe says positive things to keep in with the crowd[/u]. Or maybe he hadn't had other instruction experiences and thought that was how it was supposed to be. [/b] Russc is the expert on this psychology stuff, so maybe he can explain it better :).
[/quote]

If the above highlighted is accurate, it certainly is a mitigating factor. Why not then just fall on the sword and acknowledge that this predicament may have influenced the content in the February '13 thread? Much more palatable then the "they are consistent posts" defense. Rationale minds would have understood, and we all could have moved on, sparing ourselves of the last 5 pages of worthless drivel.

[quote name='dpb5031' timestamp='1411090305' post='10144247']
Geoff can be the " absent minded professor" at times and not always the most organized.
[/quote]

I remember some 3.5 years ago (March 2011?) there was much buzz in anticipation of "The Book" being released and then one evening I came on here and saw slicefixer
announcing the book was finally available and he put up a link to order the book…which I did, only to find out someone had hacked his aol/wrx account and some guy had
some fun with my credit card/address info. After some dealings with FBI agents, I was told they caught the guy…a kid from South Carolina (College student).

Here we are September 23, 2014…no book. It really doesn't matter to me much anymore whether it actually comes out or not. What I don't understand after ALL this time
is why Geoff just doesn't come on here and clear the air. A simple statement that the book is currently in manuscript form and he does not know when it will be published
and available for sale and he'll come back when he can "confirm" that it has gone to the publisher. IMO, it would be better to hear from Geoff than these other updaters.

[quote name='tembolo1284' timestamp='1408717141' post='9986637']
Helps to remember that ET wasn't actually put together by him at all.
[/quote]

Who did?

Petter, ET was put together by a member of his board from a collection of "favorite" posts of Geoff. But the titles, organization, etc has nothing to do with Geoff. It was just compiled posts. This is also why there are so many (innocent) errors in it: Geoff mixes up right with left etc because he was just posting on the forum and not writing a book.

As for the book, I don't think people are realizing something: Geoff doesn't participate on this website anymore. Why would he bother posting something on here? As I have said, I doubt it'll ever come out, if it does, it'll come out when it comes out and not before. I would operate under the assumption of no book and be happy if it comes out rather than vice versa. As to why, who knows, I'm sure he has his reasons, but it's not like he's coming on here and saying it's about to come out...

[quote name='eagles1' timestamp='1411514881' post='10171687']
I don't think it was Geoff who announced the book was up for sale on-line. I think the announcement was perpetrated by the fraudster who hacked into Geoff's golfwrx account, all set up with the phony link for payment.
[/quote]

It definitely appeared to be slicefixer announcing the book's release, along with the link to buy it. As I said in my post, "only to find out someone had hacked his aol/wrx account."

The perp got his password and logged in "as" Slicefixer, so to wrx members, it appeared to be him. Geoff did put up a post shortly after explaining what had happened and to cancel any CC's used.

[quote name='bph7' timestamp='1411515233' post='10171723']
Petter, ET was put together by a member of his board from a collection of "favorite" posts of Geoff. But the titles, organization, etc has nothing to do with Geoff. It was just compiled posts. This is also why there are so many (innocent) errors in it: Geoff mixes up right with left etc because he was just posting on the forum and not writing a book.

As for the book, I don't think people are realizing something: Geoff doesn't participate on this website anymore. Why would he bother posting something on here? As I have said, I doubt it'll ever come out, if it does, it'll come out when it comes out and not before. I would operate under the assumption of no book and be happy if it comes out rather than vice versa. As to why, who knows, I'm sure he has his reasons, but it's not like he's coming on here and saying it's about to come out...
[/quote]

I knew it was a compilation of his many posts, but, I thought it was done by Geoff. Thanks for the heads up.

Since Wordmixer has continuously given updates that never pan out, it might be prudent for Geoff to end all the speculation that's been going on here at wrx for years with members, including
Wordmixer and others who keep stating the book's release is imminent, with a post stating the book's true current status and that the release date is unknown, even to him (if that's the case).

He has always stated, over and over, that wrx was something special to him and he owes a debt of gratitude to the many followers who have contributed to what he is today as a teacher. Why
keep having these Slicefixer Book threads continually bumped that never end up shedding anything factual on the book's release?

If the book could be released in 2015 or 2016 or 5 years from now or never, just say so, that doesn't seem like much of a imposition.

Hstead... I have followed your comments in this thread to the point of wanting to puke... And its all you dude.... I have refrained from commenting except being positive... But, no more. I'm no apologist for Geoff, and he doesn't need one. Call it like you see it??? Well here's back at you: News flash, dude, Geoff and you didnt work. Ok? We get it... Now get the muck over it.... Lets put it in simple terms for you... The girl broke up with you...,the meal at the restaurant was lousy... The coach didnt pick you for the team... Your units too small... Whatever. It didn't work. Who made you Minister of Truth and Lord High Protector of All Things Golf Instruction??? Your dribble on and on about what didn't meet your expectation is nauseating. And to go on for page after page... And you know what??? You see Geoff's comments as somehow validating your "Story".... I see it as Geoff's philosophy as ALWAYS trying to please....No matter... Whats more disturbing is your arrogance,..., no lets call it hubris, that you would ever self appoint yourself as the Slicefixer antagonist all in the name of "truth".., I got news for you, bro... You need alot more help than Geoff could EVER give you, and on so much more than golf...,parting ways was such sweet sorrow, no?

Wow , siteseer , I don't see that at all , and probably because I have no allegiance to any golf instructor . Exactly where did Hstead dribble on and on?
All I read is the people hen pecking him and hstead replying . I know the whole deal and hstead sugar coated the review he wrote in this thread . If he actually posted a full no holding back review first up after his trip , it would have been nuclear bomb going off and Hstead in protective custody

[quote name='eightiron' timestamp='1411528785' post='10172937']
Wow , siteseer , I don't see that at all , and probably because I have no allegiance to any golf instructor . Exactly where did Hstead dribble on and on?
All I read is the people hen pecking him and hstead replying . I know the whole deal and hstead sugar coated the review he wrote in this thread . If he actually posted a full no holding back review first up after his trip , it would have been nuclear bomb going off and Hstead in protective custody
[/quote]
Sounds like Hstead has cried on your shoulder, Eight... And you know me well enough to know what flag I fly under....

[quote name='Siteseer2' timestamp='1411529541' post='10173015']
[quote name='eightiron' timestamp='1411528785' post='10172937']
[/quote]
Sounds like Hstead has cried on your shoulder, Eight... And you know me well enough to know what flag I fly under....
[/quote]

Sorry to burst your next dig at hstead , but he didn't cry about anything , I asked him and he told me the whole deal .