2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

SLICEFIXER BOOK UPDATE

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='verderraul' timestamp='1411664253' post='10182387']
[quote name='ej002' timestamp='1411663377' post='10182305']
Lmao - the riot act. That story about the woman shanking pro v1s into the weeds and Slice cringing is classic. She expected to get it in a day lmao.
[/quote]

Is that the piano player story ?
[/quote]

Yeah .... I can hear him now "every swing there goes three bucks into the weeds." Classic.

[quote name='ej002' timestamp='1411664426' post='10182405']
[quote name='verderraul' timestamp='1411664253' post='10182387']
[quote name='ej002' timestamp='1411663377' post='10182305']
Lmao - the riot act. That story about the woman shanking pro v1s into the weeds and Slice cringing is classic. She expected to get it in a day lmao.
[/quote]

Is that the piano player story ?
[/quote]

Yeah .... I can hear him now "every swing there goes three bucks into the weeds." Classic.
[/quote]

Hahahaha

[quote name='northgolf' timestamp='1411664704' post='10182439']
[quote name='tembolo1284' timestamp='1411662621' post='10182191']
Hehe russc why is the work ethic American?
[/quote]

Actually, historically it is the Puritan work ethic.
[/quote]

Weren't the dutch protestant?

Wishon 919 THI 11* 0.5* Open
Wishon 929 HS 14.5*, 19* 0.5 Open
Wishon 775HS 22*, 25*
Wishon 5, 6 560 MC 7-PW MMC MB
Wishon 54, 59 Micro-Groove HM
All shafts are S2S Stepless Steel Wishon

Great photos, Russ!
Man, when I first took that new grip, my thumb was RAW at the joint.

Yeah...if you are dumping and casting for years, the swing has to fundamentally change, and it took a while to even get the basics down to where I could successfully compress a LW.
A sharp increase in ball striking happened once I had the setup and pivot sharpened up.

I'm sorry if I just don't have the years and years of experience necessary to fully have the driver under control quite yet. I guess I don't have that superb coordination and athletic ability like Tiger Woods, who picked up his new swing changes with the driver after a year or so. Wait..........ummmm...never mind.

[quote name='jurr80' timestamp='1411666389' post='10182625']
Great photos, Russ!

Yeah...if you are dumping and casting for years, the swing has to fundamentally change, and it took a while to even get the basics down to where I could successfully compress a LW.
A sharp increase in ball striking happened once I had the setup and pivot sharpened up.

I'm sorry if I just don't have the years and years of experience necessary to fully have the driver under control quite yet. I guess I don't have that superb coordination and athletic ability like Tiger Woods, who picked up his new swing changes with the driver after a year or so. Wait..........ummmm...never mind.
[/quote]

You are a talentless hack . I heard it took you years to become a doctor. Wtf is up with that ? Could have gone to vinnie boombatz medical college and earned your md in 2-3 days .

[quote name='verderraul' timestamp='1411666732' post='10182651']
[quote name='jurr80' timestamp='1411666389' post='10182625']
Great photos, Russ!

[/quote]

You are a talentless hack . I heard it took you years to become a doctor. Wtf is up with that ? Could have gone to vinnie boombatz medical college and earned your md in 2-3 days .
[/quote]
Jurr80
Is this the model upon which you base your practice?
[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOtMizMQ6oM[/media]

[quote name='russc' timestamp='1411661888' post='10182097']
[quote name='pinhigh27' timestamp='1411623009' post='10179929']
So you've seen a dude for 2 3 days schools and you still don't feel comfortable hitting driver? sounds like a bit more patience than I have.

[/quote]
When David Leadbetter started to change Nick Faldo's swing ,he told him that it was going to be a two year project.Even though Nick was already an accomplished professional golfer he hit ten of thousands of balls of which very few were drivers at the beginning .
Many of the students that Geoff attracts want a transformation of their swing..This is not going to happen in a 2 or 3 day period.
To think that one can be comfortable with a driver when their 9-3 motion is quite flawed is the height of irrationality.Now if a golfer has only very minor faults, these can sometimes be corrected in a short period of time,sometimes by just minor grip or setup changes.

The typical student who goes to most other 2 or 3 day schools arrives home in a relative state of euphoria because he(she) thinks that it his (her) swing has been changed for the good..But after reality sinks in and he( she) is confused because so much has covered ,most just revert back to their previous problems.If you want i can cite academic and psychological studies that back this up.
On the other hand students at Slicefixer schools has been read the "riot" act,has been been warned ahead of time(by others and myself) and know that to accomplish his(her) goals he(she) will have to combine patience with the good old American work ethic.This message is not subtle
[/quote]

i did my homework, talked to people and knew exactly what i was getting into when i headed up to New York.

[quote name='rteach1' timestamp='1411615759' post='10179455']
ozarkshooter,

By the way, for my 3 days of private instruction, I got between 3-4 hours of one-on-one instruction. I'm not counting the 3 hours of "Ground School," where I was shown, as is every new student apparently, countless videos of Hogan and many other pros who had a cupped left wrist at the top. Unfortunately, the far greater number of pros with a *flat* left wrist at the top, including Tiger at the time, were conveniently ignored. After about an hour of this, I asked when he would take a look at my swing. Perhaps that was when my character was deemed lacking.
[/quote]

I dont understand something.

So it sounds like you took issue with the part where Geoff goes over his entire philosophy and shows you the reasons on video? To me, thats a pretty cornerstone part of his teaching and it sounds like you're sitting there thinking to yourself yeah yeah yeah look at my swing Not only that but you disagree with the cupped versus flat wrist. He doesnt "conveniently ignore" that, he teaches something else and is very upfront about that.Those items are very apparent in his webinar and in ET. So Im curious why you booked time with someone you almost immediately didnt agree with.

[quote name='rteach1' timestamp='1411615759' post='10179455']
ozarkshooter,

I [b]vehemently [/b]object to part of your recent post. Geoff "weeds out those he feels won't put in the time to work hard on their swing or those that do not possess good character?"" And [b]this is fine with you???!!! [/b]Are you serious? It's fine with you that if Geoff agrees to give me 3 days of [b]private[/b] instruction, he can then decide that I'm a "slacker" or of poor character, so he doesn't have to fulfill his part of our agreement???

What would that say about [b]his[/b] character, if he does indeed go about this "weeding out" process? Granted, this is your interpretation of his actions, but, hey, you know him well. You even get to talk to him during deer hunting.

Unbelievable.

As for the polite junior golfers who shake your hand and say "Sir," that's nice. It would be even better if they did not feel that it's o.k. to interrupt a private lesson. It would be truly fantastic if this practice were not condoned by the person whom I was paying for private lessons.

By the way, for my 3 days of private instruction, I got between 3-4 hours of one-on-one instruction. I'm not counting the 3 hours of "Ground School," where I was shown, as is every new student apparently, countless videos of Hogan and many other pros who had a cupped left wrist at the top. Unfortunately, the far greater number of pros with a *flat* left wrist at the top, including Tiger at the time, were conveniently ignored. After about an hour of this, I asked when he would take a look at my swing. Perhaps that was when my character was deemed lacking.

Oh, about those DVDs to take home. They are what prompted me to post. The original poster in this part of the thread brought up the lack of responsiveness on Geoff's part, which brought back very unpleasant memories. I got 3 DVDs: the Ground School DVD, which I had already watched at the start of my time with Geoff; a half hour short game lesson with a [b]different [/b]student, not me, and the recording of my swing with some comments from Geoff on it. That was about 30-45 minutes of material. Unfortunately, this last DVD, the most important one, was defective and did not work. When I realized this after returning home, I called Geoff and told him about the problem. He told me that he would send a copy within the week. After at least 6-7 calls, and numerous e-mails, I'm still waiting.

Along similar lines, I also loaned Geoff 4 DVDS. Go look at his room with videos. You will probably see 2 DVDs by an instructor named John Darling (not positive of the name, since I don't have the DVDs any more) and 2 by Mike Bender. Those DVDs are mine. They were never mailed back. After repeated phone calls, I finally got a response. Geoff asked me for my address and said he would mail them right out. That was years ago. I finally just gave up and said the hell with it.

You're all invited to note my screen name. I know a thing or two about both teaching and character. I taught in public schools for 45 years, and was twice nominated for the Disney Teacher of the Year. The concept of "weeding out" my students and deciding whom I would and wouldn't teach is reprehensible to me. If that is what Geoff does, shame on him. If you condone that practice, then shame on you.

One last thing for those of you who are in the inner circle and/or have blinders on. How many of you have been among those who have interrupted someone else's lesson? Is it o.k. to do that if you say, "Sir?" Did any of you interfere with my lesson time? If so, don't worry about it since I'm probably a slacker of poor character.

rteach1

P.S.- To reiterate, I resent the characterization, made by two posters, that expecting undivided attention during a lesson is "baby sitting."
[/quote]

Wow another truly shocking experience. Honestly how do people accept this behavior and lack of professionalism ? The things that are excused by an instructor in this thread is truly astonishing.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

[quote name='verderraul' timestamp='1411673768' post='10183417']
[quote name='Darth Leverage' timestamp='1411673273' post='10183363']
Method instruction should not take three hours to demonstrate IMOP...
[/quote]

hmmm...how long should it take ?
[/quote]

Approx 4.44

http://youtu.be/5TxbEL6UfL0

I jest...

[quote name='Darth Leverage' timestamp='1411674616' post='10183529']
[quote name='verderraul' timestamp='1411673768' post='10183417']
[quote name='Darth Leverage' timestamp='1411673273' post='10183363']
Method instruction should not take three hours to demonstrate IMOP...
[/quote]

hmmm...how long should it take ?
[/quote]

Approx 4.44

[media=]http://youtu.be/5TxbEL6UfL0[/media]

[b]I jest...[/b]
[/quote]

No jest at all - you just have to watch it in a continuous loop 36 times. ;)

middie8,

You make a fair point. However, as to Geoff's philosophy, I just felt that it was too much. He went into great detail about his life story to the point where I started thinking "what does this have to do with helping my golf?" Frankly, more than half of his talk seemed irrelevant.

As for the cupped left wrist factor, I had seen posts about his preference, but I didn't give it too much thought because at that time I had seen nothing but rave reviews about Geoff. I went with a willingness to find out why Geoff preferred the cup. What I was not prepared for was his *insistence" that the cupped wrist was the way to swing at a time when Tiger was dominating golf with a flat wrist. In addition, he had made his point; I didn't need to sit there and watch swing after swing of that same point.

Again, people can have honest differences of opinion concerning the points that you raise, but these issues were the least of my problems with Geoff. If I had gotten my one-on-one time, the length of the Ground School would not have bothered me.

rteach1

[quote name='rteach1' timestamp='1411681883' post='10184145']
middie8,

As for the cupped left wrist factor, I had seen posts about his preference, but I didn't give it too much thought because at that time I had seen nothing but rave reviews about Geoff. I went with a willingness to find out why Geoff preferred the cup. [b] What I was not prepared for was his *insistence" that the cupped wrist was the way to swing at a time when Tiger was dominating golf with a flat wrist. [/b]In addition, he had made his point; I didn't need to sit there and watch swing after swing of that same point.
rteach1
[/quote]

Just an FYI - cupped / flat /bowed is irrelevant provided it matches the LH grip and the LH grip's relation to the RH grip. In the slicefixer model, a cupped left wrist matches his preferred LH 2.5/3 knuckle / weak RH grip. Tiger's grip is very different than the grip slice prefers. So, slice was insisting on the geometry matching, which is completely legitimate.

Even Dan agrees on this point. [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/48641/top-of-the-backswing-cupped-bowed-or-flat/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-bowed-or-flat/[/url]

[quote name='ej002' timestamp='1411682554' post='10184211']
[quote name='rteach1' timestamp='1411681883' post='10184145']
middie8,

As for the cupped left wrist factor, I had seen posts about his preference, but I didn't give it too much thought because at that time I had seen nothing but rave reviews about Geoff. I went with a willingness to find out why Geoff preferred the cup. [b] What I was not prepared for was his *insistence" that the cupped wrist was the way to swing at a time when Tiger was dominating golf with a flat wrist. [/b]In addition, he had made his point; I didn't need to sit there and watch swing after swing of that same point.
rteach1
[/quote]

Just an FYI - cupped / flat /bowed is irrelevant provided it matches the LH grip and the LH grip's relation to the RH grip. In the slicefixer model, a cupped left wrist matches his preferred LH 2.5/3 knuckle / weak RH grip. Tiger's grip is very different than the grip slice prefers. So, slice was insisting on the geometry matching, which is completely legitimate.

Even Dan agrees on this point. [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/48641/top-of-the-backswing-cupped-bowed-or-flat/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-bowed-or-flat/[/url]
[/quote]
Just one small correction ,the right hand grip that he suggests is not truly weak,but neutral.It is important in learning the Slicefixer grip that the right thumb fits over the the left thumb properly.EVERY golfer that I have observed fails to fit the right thumb over the left thumb the way that Geoff suggests,Even I had some errors in this regard.This grip will facilitate a position at the top where the right thumb (and hand) supports the left thumb( and hand) which in turn supports the club
This grip facilitates a position at the top similar to the waiter's tray position and will aid in prevented the right elbow from flying or getting too far behind the body.

[quote name='Hawkeye77' timestamp='1411690613' post='10184809']
Wow, you can be one of Tigger's, Pluto's and Dumbo's favorite teachers and be one of SF's least favorite students? Interesting dichotomy, but enough digression.

What about the book????????????
[/quote]

That's what i've been asking about!

Hey hawkeye....good to see you again. Any idea on when Mark Burk is coming out with his book?

Wishon 775HS 22*, 25*

[quote name='tembolo1284' timestamp='1411691145' post='10184855']
[quote name='Hawkeye77' timestamp='1411690613' post='10184809']
Wow, you can be one of Tigger's, Pluto's and Dumbo's favorite teachers and be one of SF's least favorite students? Interesting dichotomy, but enough digression.

What about the book????????????
[/quote]

That's what i've been asking about!

Hey hawkeye....good to see you again. Any idea on when Mark Burk is coming out with his book?
[/quote]

His autobiography would top the fiction list. Guy dropped off the face of the earth.

In other news, Peterich somehow managed to get reinstated.

[quote name='Darth Leverage' timestamp='1411716775' post='10186607']
I'm a Kobe man myself :)
[/quote]

Im a huge fan of Kurobuta!

Wishon 775HS 22*, 25*