2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

SLICEFIXER BOOK UPDATE

[quote name='Conrad1953' timestamp='1424326166' post='10983453']
[quote name='whatshannenin' timestamp='1424325627' post='10983425']
[quote name='goobers80' timestamp='1424322047' post='10983223']
[color=#800080]I know a friend of his that is brutally honest abouts what his short-comings are ands his strengths. I asked him abouts this topic ands he explained the guy is nowhere near perfect , but neither are the other instructors on here that are idolized. I know stories of bad experiences with Iteach ands Monte ands this Geoff guy. I rarely speak withouts some knowledge of the topic or personal experience.[/color]

[color=#800080]I do know what he is like and i am told he is nots for everybody. If you thinks that some of the guys on here do nots act like high school cliques over certain instructors being the best ... okay. However , a admired instructor on here can be condescending ands come across like a jerk in topics. Nobody is perfect.[/color]
[/quote]

Whats dids I's justs reads? :to_become_senile:
[/quote]

Fight fair bro, she has autism.
[/quote]

There's always a white knight who believes.....

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='whatshannenin' timestamp='1424326846' post='10983471']
[color=#800080]I know a friend of his that is brutally honest abouts what his short-comings are ands his strengths. I asked him abouts this topic ands he explained the guy is nowhere near perfect , but neither are the other instructors on here that are idolized. I know stories of bad experiences with Iteach ands Monte ands this Geoff guy. I rarely speak withouts some knowledge of the topic or personal experience.[/color]

[color=#800080]I do know what he is like and i am told he is nots for everybody. If you thinks that some of the guys on here do nots act like high school cliques over certain instructors being the best ... okay. However , a admired instructor on here can be condescending ands come across like a jerk in topics. Nobody is perfect.[/color]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks for teeing it up for me...but I'll pass.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

[/quote]

[/quote]

Real classy. Do you also kick over people's wheelchairs or are you just a dick on the internet?

[color=#800080]It is nice , but do nots argue or get suspended over it. I know i add some extra esses , but i haves been getting better with it. He failed anyways , because he was nots even original with the insults.[/color]

[color=#800080]Next times 8E 0r191N4l , this is the internet. Be L33t or go h0m3.[/color]

[quote name='whatshannenin' timestamp='1424326846' post='10983471']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Right! Because her autism is just a joke she's played on the Members here for years now for no reward because she enjoys the ridicule of know nothing a** hats such as Yourself?

Just check yourself and maybe apologize for having less sense and significantly less courage than she hass ins hers littles fingers.

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

[quote name='Sledge Hammer' timestamp='1424304391' post='10981337']
[quote name='TheBigGun' timestamp='1424302931' post='10981219']
I think it might be appropriate if this book is not written by the man himself, but penned by his disciples....

[/quote]

Are they serving the last supper yet? or still working on the loaves & the fishes?
[/quote]

The Book of Russc.....featuring The Sermon on the Green........The Miracles of Hitting Fades with a Draw Swing.......Knuckle Fades and Gear Effect.

[quote name='pinhigh27' timestamp='1424315183' post='10982541']
its all in good fun, 95 % of the people joking around would buy the book if it ever came out
[/quote]

I would also buy Macs book if it came out. I am not going to hold my breath for either of them. The humor is not about Geoffs teachings. It is about a project that has been promising any day now for a quite a long while.

And for what it is worth, the golf instruction book should be dead. Video is a much better way for 95% of the population to learn something like the golf swing.

. However , a admired instructor on here can be condescending ands come across like a jerk in topics. .[/color]
[/quote]

Who is this instructor you are sledging? I guess you don't follow the rules of your own topic you started last month

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1119757-can-this-forum-get-back-to-just-helping-golfers-withouts-all-the-drama/page__p__10712887#entry10712887

[/quote]

[/quote]You are tool and should be banned. Block list updated.

• AI Smoke 🔷🔷🔷10.5* Denali Black 60 6.5
  • TM M5 Tour 18.25* - Tensei AV White 2.0 TX
  • TM Stealth 7w 21* - Fuji Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 8s
  • Srixon ZX Utility 23* MMT 105TX HS
  • Srixon ZX7 5-Aw PX LZ 6.5 SS
  • Mizuno T7 55* - PX LZ 6.5
  • TM MG4 60* SBC - DG TI S400
  • Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 2024
  • Tour B XS

[quote name='Albatross85' timestamp='1424356513' post='10984343']

[/quote]

[/quote]

That's a bit harsh, I know goobers called an admired instructor a condescending jerk, but no need to call goobers a tool

[quote name='eightiron' timestamp='1424358395' post='10984549']
[quote name='Albatross85' timestamp='1424356513' post='10984343']

[/quote]

[/quote]

That's a bit harsh, I know goobers called an admired instructor a condescending jerk, but no need to call goobers a tool
[/quote]WHAT? I wasnt calling Goobers anything. I was referring to the a$$clown making fun of her

• AI Smoke 🔷🔷🔷10.5* Denali Black 60 6.5
  • TM M5 Tour 18.25* - Tensei AV White 2.0 TX
  • TM Stealth 7w 21* - Fuji Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 8s
  • Srixon ZX Utility 23* MMT 105TX HS
  • Srixon ZX7 5-Aw PX LZ 6.5 SS
  • Mizuno T7 55* - PX LZ 6.5
  • TM MG4 60* SBC - DG TI S400
  • Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 2024
  • Tour B XS

Thread cleaned. Stay on topic please.

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, Tensei White 65S
Taylormade Qi10 15*, Hzrdus Gen 4 Black 70 6.0

Taylormade Sim Ti 18*, GD AD-IZ 7X

Srixon ZX Utility 3i 20*, Dart 90 S

Taylormade P790 5i - 6i, MMT 105 S +1"

Taylormade P770 7i-AW, MMT 105 S +1"

Taylormade MG 3 56*, & 60*, MMT 105 S +1"
Odyssey TriHot 5k Seven CH, 35"

[quote name='JustTheTips' timestamp='1424354011' post='10984165']
[quote name='pinhigh27' timestamp='1424315183' post='10982541']
its all in good fun, 95 % of the people joking around would buy the book if it ever came out
[/quote]

I would also buy Macs book if it came out. I am not going to hold my breath for either of them. The humor is not about Geoffs teachings. It is about a project that has been promising any day now for a quite a long while.

And for what it is worth, the golf instruction book should be dead. Video is a much better way for 95% of the population to learn something like the golf swing.
[/quote]

I would still buy it..I think by the time it comes out I can shoot my age at 75. I am currently 34.

[color=#282828][size=3][b]
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=10981219"] [/url]TheBigGun, on 18 February 2015 - 06:42 PM, said:[/b][/size][/color][color=#282828][size=3][background=rgb(247, 247, 247)]

I think it might be appropriate if this book is not written by the man himself, but penned by his disciples....
[/background][/size][/color]
[size=3][color=#282828]>> Are they serving the last supper yet? or still working on the loaves & the fishes? <<[/color][/size]

[color=black][size=2]
[color=#282828][size=4]When it is time for the revelation, it shall be nailed like Martin Luther's 95 theses to the door of Butler Cabin.[/size][/color][/size][/color]
[color=#000000][size=3]
[color="#282828"][size=4]Hootie Johnson himself will supply the hammer.[/size][/color][/size][/color]

Edited out

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

[quote name='bph7' timestamp='1424315467' post='10982565']
[quote name='goobers80' timestamp='1424313724' post='10982357']
[color=#800080]​ It is easy to take shots at somebody when they are nots around anymore. Especially on the internet... Anybody who follows the one instructor who gots personal in the topic will jump in on him as well. In a sense it is likes high school with the cliques. I do nots know any of them , but you woulds think instructors would act with class ands leave the nonsense to the trouble makers on here.[/color]
[/quote]

You are outta your element here. Lots of the people "taking shots" have been longtime students of his. He's a great golf teacher and a great guy, but he's not perfect and if everyone knew some of the stories of what is being complained about, trust me, you wouldnt be saying what you are saying. This is always an awkward situation cuz if the facts are told, it sounds super harsh and everyone either doesn't believe it or thinks people have a vendetta against Geoff. If the facts stay hidden, people think there is nothing really going on and that some just have a vendetta against Geoff. No real way to win or convince everyone, but before you post things like you just did remember sometimes there really is something there and it's not just a bunch of cliquy high school kids.

Thats all I got for now, I'm about to fall asleep, hopefully one of you other guys can be like my assistant and do the rest of the work explaining this (but give me all the credit obviously).
[/quote]

here's my $0.02: I certainly can understand the frustration. Encyclo Texark created a lot of excitement. I got back into golf in 2011 after 13 yr layoff, and was determined to NOT go back to my old crappy swing at age 55. Either improve or find another hobby. So of course I find this website in 2011 and then the slicefixer thread, and I'm hooked. But........I can't do the slcefixer swing after reading ET 2-3 times and lot's of 9t3 drills. I get frustrated and try a couple of local pros. I don't improve. Every trip to the range is like trying to find a needle in a haystack- I'm the guy who hits 150 balls and then is looking for 2-3 more to hit to try to walk away with just 1 good shot to take away from the experience. By 2014 I'm desperate. Then I find Geoff's in nearby NYS several times a year. I go see him 4 times in 2014, and a got a new life on my swing. But it's hard work, and it AINT going to happen in just a month or so. "your set up reminds me of a guy bending over to take a crap". Now I get it, but with ET and probably with the book, you're gonna have a tough time. You gotta see the pro in person, and that goes for ALL of the good pros on this website. Yes sir, I will definitely buy the book.

[quote name='mocokid' timestamp='1424379369' post='10986903']
[color=#800080]​ It is easy to take shots at somebody when they are nots around anymore. Especially on the internet... Anybody who follows the one instructor who gots personal in the topic will jump in on him as well. In a sense it is likes high school with the cliques. I do nots know any of them , but you woulds think instructors would act with class ands leave the nonsense to the trouble makers on here.[/color]
[/quote]

You are outta your element here. Lots of the people "taking shots" have been longtime students of his. He's a great golf teacher and a great guy, but he's not perfect and if everyone knew some of the stories of what is being complained about, trust me, you wouldnt be saying what you are saying. This is always an awkward situation cuz if the facts are told, it sounds super harsh and everyone either doesn't believe it or thinks people have a vendetta against Geoff. If the facts stay hidden, people think there is nothing really going on and that some just have a vendetta against Geoff. No real way to win or convince everyone, but before you post things like you just did remember sometimes there really is something there and it's not just a bunch of cliquy high school kids.

Thats all I got for now, I'm about to fall asleep, hopefully one of you other guys can be like my assistant and do the rest of the work explaining this (but give me all the credit obviously).
[/quote]

here's my $0.02: I certainly can understand the frustration. Encyclo Texark created a lot of excitement. I got back into golf in 2011 after 13 yr layoff, and was determined to NOT go back to my old crappy swing at age 55. Either improve or find another hobby. So of course I find this website in 2011 and then the slicefixer thread, and I'm hooked. But........I can't do the slcefixer swing after reading ET 2-3 times and lot's of 9t3 drills. I get frustrated and try a couple of local pros. I don't improve. Every trip to the range is like trying to find a needle in a haystack- I'm the guy who hits 150 balls and then is looking for 2-3 more to hit to try to walk away with just 1 good shot to take away from the experience. By 2014 I'm desperate. Then I find Geoff's in nearby NYS several times a year. I go see him 4 times in 2014, and a got a new life on my swing. But it's hard work, and it AINT going to happen in just a month or so. "your set up reminds me of a guy bending over to take a crap". Now I get it, but with ET and probably with the book, you're gonna have a tough time. You gotta see the pro in person, and that goes for ALL of the good pros on this website. Yes sir, I will definitely buy the book.
[/quote]

you sound like you're making things way harder than they have to be..

you guys realize you don't have to play like crap and be the dude searching from the magic fix on the range, right?... honestly sometimes it seems like you guys enjoy doing that. when things like " every trip to the range is like trying to find a needle in a haystack" is what's being sad, that probably tells you something is up

[quote name='Wordmixer' timestamp='1424370124' post='10985933']
[color=#282828][size=3][b]
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=10981219"] [/url]TheBigGun, on 18 February 2015 - 06:42 PM, said:[/b][/size][/color][color=#282828][size=3][background=rgb(247, 247, 247)]

[/background][/size][/color]
[size=3][color=#282828]>> Are they serving the last supper yet? or still working on the loaves & the fishes? <<[/color][/size]

[color=black][size=2]
[color=#282828][size=4]When it is time for the revelation, it shall be nailed like Martin Luther's 95 theses to the door of Butler Cabin.[/size][/color][/size][/color]
[color=#000000][size=3]
[color="#282828"][size=4]Hootie Johnson himself will supply the hammer.[/size][/color][/size][/color]
[/quote]

Haha...I didn't mean to kick all this off again, I have a genuine interest in the book.

So come on, Wordmixer, are you still working on it? You must have invested a rediculous amount of time yourself in it and want to see it finished more than anyone! Or has it been shelved?

[quote name='TheBigGun' timestamp='1424381435' post='10987109']

So come on, Wordmixer, are you still working on it? You must have invested a rediculous amount of time yourself in it and want to see it finished more than anyone! Or has it been shelved?
[/quote]

I heard a rumor that after writing the book and achieving englightenment, Wordmixer is now a +6 playing on the web.com tour. He burned all but one copy so that no one else can follow in his footsteps.

JustTheTips knoweth of what he speaks. I am now a +6. In fact, this past weekend -- due to my proximity to Clemson University -- I played the entire CU men's team in a captain's choice (their 5 balls against my one) and beat them -17 to -15. This with a 1978 Sam Snead Blue Ridge 7-iron, a Powerbilt persimmon 2-wood, a Patty Berg putter, and a dirty Titleist DT I dug out of the driving range while doing one-arm push-ups. I also won the driving contest, got closest to the hole, and autographed their gloves and caps after they begged me not to leave.

Yessir, there be powerful stuff in Slicefixer's one remaining manuscript. Some days I even feel like Denzel Washington walking the scorched earth in "The Book of Eli" . . .

Big Gun: Yes, I am. Geoff flew me out to Texarkana on February 6 for four days of work. And though I do have a good number of hours invested in this, I'm also a more knowledgeable golfer for the effort. (I have a file I've whittled down for myself called "Slicefixer Essentials" that I reference on a regular basis, as it helps me when I coach a small 1A golf team here in SC.)

Like others have stated, it will be the videos that reinforce the words and steepen the learning curve. As for the inevitable and ongoing question of "When?", that is 100% Geoff's call. Like a good caddy, I share my thoughts when asked, but only he can "swing the club."

[quote name='pinhigh27' timestamp='1424379727' post='10986925']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

you guys realize you don't have to play like crap and be the dude searching from the magic fix on the range, right?... honestly sometimes it seems like you guys enjoy doing that. when things like " every trip to the range is like trying to find a needle in a haystack" is what's being sad, that probably tells you something is up
[/quote]

No, he sounds like 99% of the golfers out there. If they could only find the 1% rarified air of pinhigh27 I'm sure all their problems would be solved.

[quote name='Hoot151' timestamp='1424386538' post='10987603']
[quote name='pinhigh27' timestamp='1424379727' post='10986925']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No, he sounds like 99% of the golfers out there. If they could only find the 1% rarified air of pinhigh27 I'm sure all their problems would be solved.
[/quote]

99 % of golfers you know are looking for a needle in the haystack when they practice? you must know a lot of hacks then

linusColor.jpg

Nearly a year later....and it still applies. But keep hanging out in that pumpkin patch guys.....I'm sure you'll be rewarded someday.

PING G430 Max 10.5 

Cleveland Launcher XL Hy-wood 18*
Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 4H

Cleveland XL Halo 5H

Srixon MKii ZX5s 6-PW Modus 105s

Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 48*

Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 52*
Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 56*

PXG Battle Ready 'Bat Attack' 

This thread is nothig but trouble and has to be repeatadely cleaned up. Why is it still open? There is no book.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO