2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

SLICEFIXER BOOK UPDATE

[quote name='chiva' timestamp='1446316504' post='12533370']
[quote name='chrisgilly09' timestamp='1446308931' post='12533020']
Thats a sad existence being relegated to 9-3 for years
[/quote]

So when am I allowed to hit driver?? A couple more years??
[/quote]

Typically within 6-7 years you are allowed to hit driver. If you aren't willing to wait that long you are just lazy and not willing to put in the work for a CHAMPIONSHIP golf swing.

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Grayback1973' timestamp='1446303140' post='12532692']
[quote name='chiva' timestamp='1446262701' post='12531696']
It will be out as soon as RussC finishes writing the forward to it. Lol.
[/quote]Seriously,I almost spit my coffee out reading this !!
[/quote]
Wordmixer is the ONLY person to have credibility on this subject,the ONLY person.

[quote name='russc' timestamp='1446318548' post='12533486']
[/quote]
Wordmixer is the ONLY person to have credibility on this subject,the ONLY person.
[/quote]

So is his latest report true that he sold a copy to tiger on his yacht?

[quote name='bph7' timestamp='1446319243' post='12533524']
[quote name='russc' timestamp='1446318548' post='12533486']
[/quote]
[/quote]

So is his latest report true that he sold a copy to tiger on his yacht?
[/quote]
As I stated he is the only person who knows,certainly not me

Thing is, I would have actually bought this book a couple of years ago, but now, no way. I don't need or even want it. I do however wish Geoff the best with it. I hope it is extremely successful. On a side note it sounds like RussC was not a contributor? This is puzzling to my simple mind as RussC seems to be the mouth piece for Slicefixer in these here parts.

$$$$

[quote name='chiva' timestamp='1446322633' post='12533718']
Thing is, I would have actually bought this book a couple of years ago, but now, no way. I don't need or even want it. I do however wish Geoff the best with it. I hope it is extremely successful. On a side note it sounds like RussC was not a contributor? This is puzzling to my simple mind as RussC seems to be the mouth piece for Slicefixer in these here parts.
[/quote]
If you define contributor as one who provides or adds ideas or who is involved in the actual writing of the book,I would say that you are correct.This is a project of Slicefixer and Wordmixer,so do not let any bias against me ,flavor your opinion towards the book.
With regard to the 9-3 forum,outside of TeConnor and Hogan fan924,i believe that Slicefixer has discussed his ideas in more detail with me than anyone else.There are a number of important concepts than I have never divulged because he has not done so first .I would much prefer that Hoganfan 924 was active here ,but i do not think that is ever going to happen.

It seems that I have become the lighting rod for criticism against Slicefixer.Negatively affecting him is the last thing that i want to do
Take a vote of some of the people that you are friendly with on this forum as to whether i am a negative voice on this forum.If they vote is yes,I will log out of Golfwrx and never return.Just PM me the result.
Russ

[quote name='bph7' timestamp='1446300967' post='12532594']
[quote name='Wordmixer' timestamp='1446299964' post='12532530']
No post in this thread has motivated Geoff and I more than the one in April 2014 comparing his book to the Great Pumpkin. So with today being Halloween, I have called Geoff and received permission to tell you all the truth. As Geoff’s project editor, I told him we could go one of two ways in order to earn revenue with the book release: We could either sell 2,000 copies at $30 each, or we could sell 4 copies at $15,000 each.

So, thanks to the two wealthy Chinese brothers from Beijing, the Korean trust fund dude with the strong left hand grip who tools around Palm Springs in his orange Lamborghini, and also the fourth guy -- who is today reading his copy aboard his yacht “Privacy” anchored just offshore from Bermuda -- we went with the four copies. Hardback. Leather covers. Names embossed in gold. A certificate inside for 10 one-hour lessons with Slice.

Personally, it was an honor for me to hand Tiger his copy on the dock just before he shoved off for Bermuda. (Yes, Tiger helps shove his own yacht from the dock; something about building up his upper body in order to smash it by Jason Day at Augusta in 2016. Never mind winning; El Tigre just wants to bomb it again.)

So to all the doubters, now you know: There really IS a Slicefixer book. And just as the golf swing is all about connection, only the most well-connected GolfWRX-ers will be in a position to borrow a copy.

My work is done.

~ Word

P.S. Your best chance for a borrow is with the trust fund dude – especially if you are under 30, blonde, slender, and female.
[/quote]

I know not everything in this is true, but if the general approach of selling a few for an astronomical was true, much respect. So awesome. I can't believe other super specialized books don't take this route more. Anyway, all the best.
[/quote]

That had to be sarcasm.

Some internet poker pros did this with their "Let there be range" book and tried to sell it for $1800 per eBook.

Result: it was the most pirated book regarding poker.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1580770-recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3m4-driver-fitting/"][size=2]M3 Taylormade Experience[/size][/url]

You are externalizing Russ, the criticisms are not of GJ nor you. It is what you espouse; for example: "There are a number of important concepts than I have never divulged". When you make posts like that, we are all led to wonder if the secret really is in the dirt. Seriously, holding yourself up as an anointed disciple? This is a forum for sharing, but your idea is to share some ideas but not the ones that make your ideas make sense - quite difficult to believe.

I'm trying not to get personal, but you are making it personal to yourself and not about golf or the golf swing.

I'm sure everyone is welcome to you sharing your ideas, but don't expect your ideas not to be criticized if you can't explain them in a way that makes sense.

If I do this 11,548 more times, I will be having fun. - Zippy the Pinhead

[quote name='russc' timestamp='1446334089' post='12534242']
[/quote]
If you define contributor as one who provides or adds ideas or who is involved in the actual writing of the book,I would say that you are correct.This is a project of Slicefixer and Wordmixer,so do not let any bias against me ,flavor your opinion towards the book.
With regard to the 9-3 forum,outside of TeConnor and Hogan fan924,i believe that Slicefixer has discussed his ideas in more detail with me than anyone else.There are a number of important concepts than I have never divulged because he has not done so first .I would much prefer that Hoganfan 924 was active here ,but i do not think that is ever going to happen.

It seems that I have become the lighting rod for criticism against Slicefixer.Negatively affecting him is the last thing that i want to do
Take a vote of some of the people that you are friendly with on this forum as to whether i am a negative voice on this forum.If they vote is yes,I will log out of Golfwrx and never return.Just PM me the result.
Russ
[/quote]

I don't think you're a lightning rod for criticism for Geoff. I think you've been a lightning rod for criticism of yourself due to some of the things you post. The general consensus as far as I know is that you are a negative voice on this forum. If you were not so adamant about your positions (when wrong), you wouldn't have such issues. Also, there isn't any secret knowledge here. Look how Monte, Dan, Chase, Mike Martin, PKTD, etc share without holding back. Also, you seem to speak for Geoff which you don't. I think this turns a lot of people off. No hard feelings from me. You're free to do as you wish. I just practice and play to enjoy the game and get better. I work with Monte so I don't concern myself with what's said in the instruction forums very seriously. If I have an issue with my swing, I ask Monte.

$$$$

[quote name='Gamble Gamble' timestamp='1446337582' post='12534396']
No post in this thread has motivated Geoff and I more than the one in April 2014 comparing his book to the Great Pumpkin. So with today being Halloween, I have called Geoff and received permission to tell you all the truth. As Geoff’s project editor, I told him we could go one of two ways in order to earn revenue with the book release: We could either sell 2,000 copies at $30 each, or we could sell 4 copies at $15,000 each.

So, thanks to the two wealthy Chinese brothers from Beijing, the Korean trust fund dude with the strong left hand grip who tools around Palm Springs in his orange Lamborghini, and also the fourth guy -- who is today reading his copy aboard his yacht “Privacy” anchored just offshore from Bermuda -- we went with the four copies. Hardback. Leather covers. Names embossed in gold. A certificate inside for 10 one-hour lessons with Slice.

Personally, it was an honor for me to hand Tiger his copy on the dock just before he shoved off for Bermuda. (Yes, Tiger helps shove his own yacht from the dock; something about building up his upper body in order to smash it by Jason Day at Augusta in 2016. Never mind winning; El Tigre just wants to bomb it again.)

So to all the doubters, now you know: There really IS a Slicefixer book. And just as the golf swing is all about connection, only the most well-connected GolfWRX-ers will be in a position to borrow a copy.

My work is done.

~ Word

P.S. Your best chance for a borrow is with the trust fund dude – especially if you are under 30, blonde, slender, and female.
[/quote]

I know not everything in this is true, but if the general approach of selling a few for an astronomical was true, much respect. So awesome. I can't believe other super specialized books don't take this route more. Anyway, all the best.
[/quote]

That had to be sarcasm.

Some internet poker pros did this with their "Let there be range" book and tried to sell it for $1800 per eBook.

[/quote]

Ltbr was an e book. If they really did sell four hard copies for 15k, why would those who paid that want to give it away. I dunno if it's true, but if that's what Geoff chose to do I think it was a good idea and they made more money than selling it reg I think. No sarcasm.

Edit: btw there is about Omaha book for 5k for each volume by Tom chambers and volume 1 has yet to be pirated to this day even though it's an e book.

My work is done.

~ Word

[/quote]

This is complete and utter BS (at least the part of Tiger being on a yacht). Tiger had another surgery on Thursday and is mandated to bed rest at HOME. Just more lies and scandals about a fictitious book that will probably never see the light of day before my non existent grandkids have graduated college.

My work is done.

~ Word

[/quote]

So you expect the Lambo trust fund dude to do 10,000 , 9 to 3 reps. Bet you he paid some chump to do it for him

[quote name='bph7' timestamp='1446339259' post='12534500']
[quote name='Gamble Gamble' timestamp='1446337582' post='12534396']
[/quote]

That had to be sarcasm.

[/quote]

Ltbr was an e book. If they really did sell four hard copies for 15k, why would those who paid that want to give it away. I dunno if it's true, but if that's what Geoff chose to do I think it was a good idea and they made more money than selling it reg I think. No sarcasm.

Edit: btw there is about Omaha book for 5k for each volume by Tom chambers and volume 1 has yet to be pirated to this day even though it's an e book.
[/quote]

I thought LearnedfromTV's book went for $2500. And I think he eventually broke it up in modules. If it is an eBook I'm sure it could be pirated.

However, a $15k sarcastically-hypothetical hardcover book seems like it would be difficult to bootleg.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1580770-recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3m4-driver-fitting/"][size=2]M3 Taylormade Experience[/size][/url]

[quote name='chiva' timestamp='1446338579' post='12534468']
[/quote]

Russ
[/quote]

I don't think you're a lightning rod for criticism for Geoff. I think you've been a lightning rod for criticism of yourself due to some of the things you post. The general consensus as far as I know is that you are a negative voice on this forum. If you were not so adamant about your positions (when wrong), you wouldn't have such issues. Also, there isn't any secret knowledge here. Look how Monte, Dan, Chase, Mike Martin, PKTD, etc share without holding back. Also, you seem to speak for Geoff which you don't. I think this turns a lot of people off. No hard feelings from me. You're free to do as you wish. I just practice and play to enjoy the game and get better. I work with Monte so I don't concern myself with what's said in the instruction forums very seriously. If I have an issue with my swing, I ask Monte.
[/quote]
Thanks
BYE

[/quote]
With regard to the 9-3 forum,outside of TeConnor and Hogan fan924,i believe that Slicefixer has discussed his ideas in more detail with me than anyone else.[u][b]There are a number of important concepts than I have never divulged[/b] [/u]because he has not done so first .I would much prefer that Hoganfan 924 was active here ,but i do not think that is ever going to happen.

Russ
[/quote]

As one who enjoys these threads, I've never understood statements like this. If you cannot or will not divulge this information, why even bring it up? It makes it sound like one of two things:

1. You are privileged and the rest of us are peons...

or

2. You are just making s@#t up to sound knowledgeable...

Either way, it's a lose/lose...

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else unable to find the original 9-3 thread? Did the mods lock it up again?

USGA Index: ~0

[b]WITB[/b]:
Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball

[quote name='MizunoJoe' timestamp='1448221553' post='12631886']
[quote name='dpb5031' timestamp='1448216789' post='12631616']
Anyone else unable to find the original 9-3 thread? Did the mods lock it up again?
[/quote]

SF isn't paying WRX. Malaska thread and club head path thread with Professor seem to have disappeared also.

[/quote]

Malaska thread is still around, just not pinned.

[quote name='smotherhook' timestamp='1448221313' post='12631870']
[/quote]

That's what I was wondering? I saw your post and video, and when I looked in about an hour later it was gone.
[/quote]

Yes, very strange. The discussion was civil best I could tell...nothing inappropriate, unless I missed something at the end.

Mods?

USGA Index: ~0

[b]WITB[/b]:
Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball

[quote name='dpb5031' timestamp='1448234036' post='12632534']
[quote name='smotherhook' timestamp='1448221313' post='12631870']
[/quote]

That's what I was wondering? I saw your post and video, and when I looked in about an hour later it was gone.
[/quote]

Yes, very strange. The discussion was civil best I could tell...nothing inappropriate, unless I missed something at the end.

Mods?

If something happened in that hour, we might not know. It's being watched closely and in and out of the cooler lately.
[/quote]