2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

SLICEFIXER BOOK UPDATE

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='ptrck2184' timestamp='1446041780' post='12517948']
[quote name='northgolf' timestamp='1445873006' post='12508048']
I've never seen anything return from the cooler. It's where it deserves to stay.
[/quote]

The thread has returned from the cooler.
[/quote]

Yep, I was wrong on two counts. It came back from the cooler and the forum is better for it. It is good to have all the SF stuff contained in one thread rather than spread all over the forum.

If I do this 11,548 more times, I will be having fun. - Zippy the Pinhead

[quote name='northgolf' timestamp='1446046975' post='12518368']
I've never seen anything return from the cooler. It's where it deserves to stay.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yep, I was wrong on two counts. It came back from the cooler and the forum is better for it. It is good to have all the SF stuff contained in one thread rather than spread all over the forum.
[/quote]

You are at sarcasm level 190. I read that 3 times wondering if you were being sincere before I was certain...

Where did all the SF students go? I remember when I joined here 3 years ago, it seemed like every other post in this section was either a SF student or a soon to be SF student. Have they migrated to other forums?

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1580770-recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3m4-driver-fitting/"][size=2]M3 Taylormade Experience[/size][/url]

[quote name='Gamble Gamble' timestamp='1446050094' post='12518656']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You are at sarcasm level 190. I read that 3 times wondering if you were being sincere before I was certain...

Where did all the SF students go? I remember when I joined here 3 years ago, it seemed like every other post in this section was either a SF student or a soon to be SF student. Have they migrated to other forums?
[/quote]

I think a part of it is SF not being active here and promoting his ideas, a part of it is other instructors actively promoting their ideas, and another part of it is the SFs is a complete swing methodology which doesn't lend itself to minimally intrusive "fix this part of your swing to address your current fault(s)" that many ask for when they post here (really, I don't want to change my grip, stance, posture, and do endless 9-3 drills before I stop pushing it right...). That left the 9-3 thread for SF fans to hang out in and discuss the advancements they are making yearly with the 9-3 drill.

[color=#800080]He only really advocates the grip (with variations) ands set-up. Set-up is mindless ands easy to accomplish for anybody. Not everybody does 9-3 swings for years or even a day. If he is a *method* teacher , thans so are that Dan ands Monte guy. He is very eager to try to help peoples play good solid golf ands is willing to help as much as he can. He also believes to truly improve , you work on the swing issues in the offseason ands then start to head into playing mode a little before the season starts. During the tournament season , or weekly buddy golf season, or whatevers , it is about maintenance.[/color]

[color=#800080]He does value hard work , which is a foreign concept for too many on here. I highly doubt Monte gives a lesson than says , no need to practice now , you have it mastered.[/color]

[quote name='verderraul' timestamp='1438283943' post='12049174']
[quote name='Schnee' timestamp='1438278431' post='12048604']
Speaking of pork, ISIS is getting closer to opening that chain of BBQ restaurants I talked about... any progress on the book?
[/quote]

[u]Pork and Isis don't go together [/u] :)
No idea what's going on with the book ..... I did see it though so it does exist. Quite frankly , I have access to Geoff and his teaching materials so the book is not appealing to me . I am sure it will help the remote followers though.
[/quote]

No s**t Sherlock.

[quote name='goobers80' timestamp='1446082832' post='12521490']
[color=#800080]He only really advocates the grip (with variations) ands set-up. Set-up is mindless ands easy to accomplish for anybody. Not everybody does 9-3 swings for years or even a day. If he is a *method* teacher , thans so are that Dan ands Monte guy. He is very eager to try to help peoples play good solid golf ands is willing to help as much as he can. He also believes to truly improve , you work on the swing issues in the offseason ands then start to head into playing mode a little before the season starts. During the tournament season , or weekly buddy golf season, or whatevers , it is about maintenance.[/color]

[color=#800080]He does value hard work , [b]which is a foreign concept for too many on here[/b]. I highly doubt Monte gives a lesson than says , no need to practice now , you have it mastered.[/color]
[/quote]

Yeah - nobody works hard on their swing except SF students.

PING G430 Max 10.5 

PING G430 5w
Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 4H

Cleveland XL Halo 5H

Srixon MKii ZX5s 6-PW Modus 105s

Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 48*

Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 52*
Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 56*

PXG Battle Ready 'Bat Attack' 

[quote name='goobers80' timestamp='1446082832' post='12521490']

[color=#800080]He does value hard work , which is a foreign concept for too many on here. I highly doubt Monte gives a lesson than says , no need to practice now , you have it mastered.[/color]
[/quote]

Mate...the crazy part is that book has a late release...we all hoped it would be on time.

-Joey

Bull - that idea is always said here by his guys. It's almost like an excuse as to why some of the posters here didn't get the model. Someone said it to me just today - something like "you can't expect to get the swing in five minutes". No chit. I spent 5 years. I have a full time job. I moved on. I must not have worked hard enough.

[quote name='ej002' timestamp='1446090940' post='12522006']
Bull - that idea is always said here by his guys. It's almost like an excuse as to why some of the posters here didn't get the model. Someone said it to me just today - something like "you can't expect to get the swing in five minutes". No chit. I spent 5 years. I have a full time job. I moved on. I must not have worked hard enough.
[/quote]

The SF swing is a pattern built on revenue and repeat customers...think about it. How many golfers really need to make 9-3 swings with frozen wrists? Its a conundrum. I bet leveraged 9-3's killed lots of goats in Texarkana.

[quote]. Bull - that idea is always said here by his guys. It's almost like an excuse as to why some of the posters here didn't get the model. Someone said it to me just today - something like "you can't expect to get the swing in five minutes". No chit. I spent 5 years. I have a full time job. I moved on. I must not have worked hard enough.[/quote]

[color=#800080]Nobody said only his students work hard enough ands if they did they are idiots. Why listen to *his guys* that want to misrepresent him anyways ? Not a single teacher is for everybody. Five years is much more than i woulds have given a swing to produce. I gave a instructor a few months because i knew he was wrong for me. You give too much power to peoples who said otherwise. Every instructor will haves students who work hard ands those that are lazy ands blame the instructor.[/color]

[color=#800080]To the person above this , are you really going out of your way to say instructors rely on revenue ands repeat customers ? I have never once heard anybody swing with *frozen wrists* , perhaps a drill to feel you are not dumping the club at best , but even he tells you that his ideal is a full release. You can believe what you want , i haves no stock in it , but perhaps you should ask him directly ands challenge him with your beliefs on his ideas. This forum turns into a nut house for some reason.[/color]

[quote name='Timanator' timestamp='1446130668' post='12523352']
I have read the first 3 chapters, does that count? :)
[/quote]

I don't think anyone doubts that a book exists I just think it's frustration. From the little tidbits that are released from people close to him, it sounds like the project is 99% done yet it is the 1% that is holding everything up. The frustrating part is that most people probably feel that the 99% that is done is more than enough to greatly help everyone but because he's choosing to be a perfectionist, which he is entitled to do, NO ONE is able to be helped.

Personally I was very upset because 4 years ago this book/instruction could have probably really helped my game for a lifetime. Instead, the book wasn't released and now I have a wife, and family so my days of endless practice are over for some time. If I had had it 4,3,2 years ago, maybe my game would be different. Now I've resigned myself to it not coming out and actually get a chuckle out of the running jokes about this book being released.

Callaway Razr Fit 9.5 (AD DI 7S)
Callaway Razr Fit 15 (Diamana BB)
Callaway Razr X HL 21 (Diamana D+)
Callaway '13 X-Forged 4-PW (C-Taper)
Callaway Forged 52-56-60
SC Studio Select Newport 2

[quote name='Jericho' timestamp='1446143454' post='12524554']
[quote name='Timanator' timestamp='1446130668' post='12523352']
I have read the first 3 chapters, does that count? :)
[/quote]

I don't think anyone doubts that a book exists I just think it's frustration. From the little tidbits that are released from people close to him, it sounds like the project is 99% done yet it is the 1% that is holding everything up. The frustrating part is that most people probably feel that the 99% that is done is more than enough to greatly help everyone but because he's choosing to be a perfectionist, which he is entitled to do, NO ONE is able to be helped.

Personally I was very upset because 4 years ago this book/instruction could have probably really helped my game for a lifetime. Instead, the book wasn't released and now I have a wife, and family so my days of endless practice are over for some time. If I had had it 4,3,2 years ago, maybe my game would be different. Now I've resigned myself to it not coming out and actually get a chuckle out of the running jokes about this book being released.
[/quote]

Trust me man, this book would not have somehow changed your game for a lifetime. Books are a very difficult way to learn in general and I think Geoff himself would admit that the chances of anyone just getting the book and being able to make a big swing change were pretty slim. People that go to see him multiple times still can take years to fully get it, so I doubt that by just reading a book it would even be possible. Geoff knows a lot of stuff, but he doesn't have any magic secrets.

[quote name='Gamble Gamble' timestamp='1446050094' post='12518656']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

We migrated to other teachers who helped us improve.

$$$$

linusColor.jpg

Nearly a year later....and it still applies. But keep hanging out in that pumpkin patch guys.....I'm sure you'll be rewarded someday.

Since it is Halloween season....I had to bump my own bump....

PING G430 Max 10.5 

PING G430 5w
Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 4H

Cleveland XL Halo 5H

Srixon MKii ZX5s 6-PW Modus 105s

Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 48*

Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 52*
Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 56*

PXG Battle Ready 'Bat Attack' 

No post in this thread has motivated Geoff and I more than the one in April 2014 comparing his book to the Great Pumpkin. So with today being Halloween, I have called Geoff and received permission to tell you all the truth. As Geoff’s project editor, I told him we could go one of two ways in order to earn revenue with the book release: We could either sell 2,000 copies at $30 each, or we could sell 4 copies at $15,000 each.

So, thanks to the two wealthy Chinese brothers from Beijing, the Korean trust fund dude with the strong left hand grip who tools around Palm Springs in his orange Lamborghini, and also the fourth guy -- who is today reading his copy aboard his yacht “Privacy” anchored just offshore from Bermuda -- we went with the four copies. Hardback. Leather covers. Names embossed in gold. A certificate inside for 10 one-hour lessons with Slice.

Personally, it was an honor for me to hand Tiger his copy on the dock just before he shoved off for Bermuda. (Yes, Tiger helps shove his own yacht from the dock; something about building up his upper body in order to smash it by Jason Day at Augusta in 2016. Never mind winning; El Tigre just wants to bomb it again.)

So to all the doubters, now you know: There really IS a Slicefixer book. And just as the golf swing is all about connection, only the most well-connected GolfWRX-ers will be in a position to borrow a copy.

My work is done.

~ Word

P.S. Your best chance for a borrow is with the trust fund dude – especially if you are under 30, blonde, slender, and female.

[quote name='Wordmixer' timestamp='1446299964' post='12532530']
No post in this thread has motivated Geoff and I more than the one in April 2014 comparing his book to the Great Pumpkin. So with today being Halloween, I have called Geoff and received permission to tell you all the truth. As Geoff’s project editor, I told him we could go one of two ways in order to earn revenue with the book release: We could either sell 2,000 copies at $30 each, or we could sell 4 copies at $15,000 each.

So, thanks to the two wealthy Chinese brothers from Beijing, the Korean trust fund dude with the strong left hand grip who tools around Palm Springs in his orange Lamborghini, and also the fourth guy -- who is today reading his copy aboard his yacht “Privacy” anchored just offshore from Bermuda -- we went with the four copies. Hardback. Leather covers. Names embossed in gold. A certificate inside for 10 one-hour lessons with Slice.

Personally, it was an honor for me to hand Tiger his copy on the dock just before he shoved off for Bermuda. (Yes, Tiger helps shove his own yacht from the dock; something about building up his upper body in order to smash it by Jason Day at Augusta in 2016. Never mind winning; El Tigre just wants to bomb it again.)

So to all the doubters, now you know: There really IS a Slicefixer book. And just as the golf swing is all about connection, only the most well-connected GolfWRX-ers will be in a position to borrow a copy.

My work is done.

~ Word

P.S. Your best chance for a borrow is with the trust fund dude – especially if you are under 30, blonde, slender, and female.
[/quote]

I know not everything in this is true, but if the general approach of selling a few for an astronomical was true, much respect. So awesome. I can't believe other super specialized books don't take this route more. Anyway, all the best.

[quote name='Wordmixer' timestamp='1446299964' post='12532530']

My work is done.

~ Word

[/quote]

so since all hope for the book is gone I guess you've turned to humor?