worst luck/thing that happened to you on the golf course ?

The worst thing that happened to me on the golf course is pretty easy. I was 15 and was playing in a 2 day tournament about an hour and a half from home. My buddy, mom and I went up the day before and played in a practice round. I went out and played awesome in the practice round. Was hitting the ball great and was in the low 80's if I remember it was like a 82 on a pretty tought private club. I woke up for day 1 with a slight stomach ache. As the range session went on it progressed. This was the last tournament prior to our high school tryouts.

By the 5th I was becoming extremely ill. Somehow I toughed it out, walking, carrying my bag. In a 5+ hour round. The pain was excrutiating by the end. Growing up I always had bad stomach aches and I figured this was the same.

At the end of the round I add up all 112 strokes I took and made the decision to WD. 3 days later I find myself admitted to the hospital with Pancreatitus. I spent 9 days in the hospital, unable to eat, and growing increasingly weak. By the time tryouts roll around, 3 weeks later, I had hit balls once and was a staggering 25 lbs lighter. I went out, shot 98, 81, 79 and missed making the team by a single stroke.... No joke, 1 stroke.

The next season, much of the same happened. Pancreatitus, not as severe, 2 weeks before tryouts. Missed making the team again. That summer I was admitted to the hospital with Pancreatitus 3 times all of which led to multiple seams off from the game.

11 years later Im still dealing with chronic Pancreatitus although significantly less frequently (twice in the past 5 years.. Actually had it last week). While I don't think bitterly about all of it, it's help mold my perspective on life, it's hard to not wonder where my game could be if I had those years of competitive golf under my belt

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='SMAKCruiser' timestamp='1345138336' post='5483400']
I was on the 13th tee of my club. As usual, I had to rip one, but this would turn out not to be a usual fart, but a fart with a little extra. Immediately skipped a few holes to get to the nearest porto john.
[/quote]

Haha!!! You gambled and lost!!! Too funny!

PING G400 Max 10.5° GD YS Nano Reloaded 6X                                            

TaylorMade SIM2 Max 16.5° 3HL Mitsubishi Diamana Kai'Li 70 X                                                       

Callaway V-Series 19° 5 wood Mitsubishi Diamana Kai'Li 80 S                                                         

PING G410 22°, 26° & 30° Hybrids KBS Steel Hybrid Shaft X                                               

Adams A4 Forged 7-PW Dynamic Gold AMT X100 D4                                                                        

Cleveland CBX 50°, 55° Dynamic Gold S400

Cleveland CBX Full Face 60° Dynamic Gold Tour Spinner

Odyssey 2-Ball Blade w/Triple Trac

Vice Pro Plus Lime

One time, many years ago a drive went through a guy's midsection and went OB. JP argued it should be a lateral and not OB but the others said OB. The guy was ok, no organs or bones were struck. He did need help to his car though. Thank goodness a Marshall was there to take him to the parking lot.

Taylormade M5 Tour 10.5* 

Taylormade 300 Series 15*

Taylormade Sim2 Max 18*

Titleist 818H2  21*

Titleist 718 TMB 4 24*

Titleist 718 AP2  5-PW

Mizuno T20  54*   58*

Taylormade Spider GT  #3

Lots of bad luck going around. How about some good luck...
Hit into a bunker to the right of a narrow green. Water immediately past the green to the left. Bladed the shot and watched my ball sail over the green all the while thinking to myself how my round was going pretty well up to that point. Then the ball hit the lone boulder in the middle of the lake and perfectly bounced back into play just short of the green on the short grass. Round trip of about 45 yards. Got up and down for bogey with a big smile on my face.

TM Superfast 1.0 10.5 deg w/ Kai'Li
TM 2017 M2 15 deg
Adams Idea Tour Proto 20deg
Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW
TM xFT 52, 56, 60
Seemore FGP mallet

[quote name='DirtyBirdie2' timestamp='1347229797' post='5613319']
205 yard Par 3 on my local course. Beautiful 5 iron what looks to land around 5 ft from the hole, but no it hits a sprinkler head bounces 50 ft past the hole into a cars window on the street. The guy waited, couple hundred $ shot.
[/quote]

I wouldn't have paid for that window. That's what their insurance is for.

PING G400 Max 10.5° GD YS Nano Reloaded 6X                                            

TaylorMade SIM2 Max 16.5° 3HL Mitsubishi Diamana Kai'Li 70 X                                                       

Callaway V-Series 19° 5 wood Mitsubishi Diamana Kai'Li 80 S                                                         

PING G410 22°, 26° & 30° Hybrids KBS Steel Hybrid Shaft X                                               

Adams A4 Forged 7-PW Dynamic Gold AMT X100 D4                                                                        

Cleveland CBX 50°, 55° Dynamic Gold S400

Cleveland CBX Full Face 60° Dynamic Gold Tour Spinner

Odyssey 2-Ball Blade w/Triple Trac

Vice Pro Plus Lime

Par 4, 445 yards before the titanium 400cc days. Hit my drive, it rolls hits a sprinkler head and kicks left into the trees. I get up there and see it's about 200 yards from the hole and lucky me, there really isn't anything in the way. Except for a small 1 inch dead branch sticking out. No way I'd hit that right? Wrong. I hit it and it takes a very weird bounce deeper into the woods. This time I have to hit under everything. So I punch it low towards the fairway and yeah, you guessed it. It hit something, a fallen branch, which directed it straight into a tree, which drove me deep in the woods again. I lost it and threw my club a very long ways and immediately regretted it, but figured I was safe....until...I noticed it wasn't coming down and heading for a tree 150 feet away. But hey. That is a long ways away and the club was slowing down, I'm sure it's still ok......walk up and of course the steel shaft was bent in two. I broke it completely in two, stuck the grip end in the ground next to the tree and told my golf buddies, later guys, and walked off the course. The one and only time I've ever thrown a club.

[quote name='Jeremy Thee' timestamp='1347565824' post='5635523']
Not being allowed to play because my visible tattoos weren't proper golf attire
[/quote]

Really? I've got full sleeve and never had any issues.

My most embarrassing thing ever was playing with a fellow wrx guy (teejaywhy). He's up ahead of me to my right, totally out of the shot. Well I end up shanking it, shoots right at him, bounces off his golf shaft, thankfully as it was headed right at the other shaft haha. So embarrassing even to this day. But we fan laugh about it since his manhood is still in tact haha.

callaway epic max ls MMT x
Ping G25 15* Black Tie

818 H2 set 21* evenflow 6.5

HOGAN ft worth black x100

cleveland 50* scratch  54 & 60 customs T&A
Cleveland TA milled options

[b]My cousin and I arrived at a golf course in Aptos Ca. with a small parking lot 20 yards directly behind the 9th green. My cousin decides to park his very clean Audi Quattro directly behind the flag. I ask what are you doing someone could hit the car? As I walk up the 9th fairway I watch my cousin strike a majestic shot from the rough at the green only to fly that extra 20 yards and land perfectly on the hood of his car, leaving a dent the size of his ball. I could not stop laughing, of course he was crying. He also broke the windshield of a car with a young couple sitting admiring the view of the Golden Gate at Lincoln Park's 16th. [/b]

[quote name='fore_life' timestamp='1347601642' post='5637987']
[quote name='Jeremy Thee' timestamp='1347565824' post='5635523']
Not being allowed to play because my visible tattoos weren't proper golf attire
[/quote]

Really? I've got full sleeve and never had any issues.

My most embarrassing thing ever was playing with a fellow wrx guy (teejaywhy). He's up ahead of me to my right, totally out of the shot. Well I end up shanking it, shoots right at him, bounces off his golf shaft, thankfully as it was headed right at the other shaft haha. So embarrassing even to this day. But we fan laugh about it since his manhood is still in tact haha.
[/quote]Yup, I have two full sleeves and they are no where close to being offensive. I was pretty shocked.

#Mizuno
#PlayFamously
#TeamJPX

Standing behind a tree to hit my approach into the green at this local muni. My playing partner is about a hundred yards back and in the fairway. Don't hear him hit or anything then hear my name yelled, LOUD. Turn around to see a golf ball flying right at the bridge of my nose. Close my eyes and hold my 7iron up as a reaction. Hits the shaft and bounces into the fairway. Needless to say we didn't speak much the rest on the way in.

The 18th hole of Reid Golf course in Appleton, WI is a 285 yd dogleg left around the clubhouse and parking lot. In my younger years I always tried to drive the green, until one day I hooked my tee shot into the parking lot and hit a car. Crack! I played out the hole quite sheepishly only to discover that the car I hit was my own! Now, sporting a nice crack in the windshield. From that experience I have learned:

1. Always park out of tee-shot range
2. Always lay-up!