2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Xenon Putters: Share Your Pictures and Stories

Ya, I'm about done with this myself. I'm glad you got your putter, although it was not exactly as you ordered, hopefully he will make it right.

I just don't understand how he is so poor at communication. I own 4 of his putters. Each were ordered and built by Lumpy for me. He was never great at communication in the first place and timelines were a bit off but I always got my putters. This time I've finally had it.

I ordered two putters from him LAST YEAR...I just checked my paypal account. And paid the final amount on Oct. 29th 2017 to pay in FULL as he said that they were nearly ready and he sent me the invoice. He has been giving me the run around since then..."I will ship next week, I will ship on Monday", etc.

Seeing some other putters getting to people who ordered after me makes me a sour, I won't lie..although barely anyone has posted a new build for quite some time.

He is so bad at getting back to me it's actually infuriating now. He finally responded today after several emails in the past 2 weeks, saying that he will ship out by the end of this week...I've heard that before, many,many times. So I replied by saying that if I don't have pictures and tracking confirmation by the end of this week I will be asking for a refund. My patience has been tested too long unfortunately.

I'm hoping he will come through this time, but I highly doubt it. I have built quite a collection in the past few years and have dealt with many builders. None of them come close to Lumpy in terms of terrible customer service, none! I just want to warn anyone who is considering a Xenon build, to avoid it until there is evidence on this thread that Lump has gotten his act back together. I hate to talk bad about an artisan like this but unfortunately, he just does not know how to deal with customers, timelines and how to send putters out of his shack.

Rant over, my apologies

After reading this, how is anyone still ordering putters from him. I don't care what kind of craftsmen you are, if you can't pump out a putter every 3 days, you might need to try making ball markers or something a little more simple. Love to see his finished products, but can't understand the stories that go along with them.

Ya, I'm about done with this myself. I'm glad you got your putter, although it was not exactly as you ordered, hopefully he will make it right.

I just don't understand how he is so poor at communication. I own 4 of his putters. Each were ordered and built by Lumpy for me. He was never great at communication in the first place and timelines were a bit off but I always got my putters. This time I've finally had it.

I ordered two putters from him LAST YEAR...I just checked my paypal account. And paid the final amount on Oct. 29th 2017 to pay in FULL as he said that they were nearly ready and he sent me the invoice. He has been giving me the run around since then..."I will ship next week, I will ship on Monday", etc.

Seeing some other putters getting to people who ordered after me makes me a sour, I won't lie..although barely anyone has posted a new build for quite some time.

He is so bad at getting back to me it's actually infuriating now. He finally responded today after several emails in the past 2 weeks, saying that he will ship out by the end of this week...I've heard that before, many,many times. So I replied by saying that if I don't have pictures and tracking confirmation by the end of this week I will be asking for a refund. My patience has been tested too long unfortunately.

I'm hoping he will come through this time, but I highly doubt it. I have built quite a collection in the past few years and have dealt with many builders. None of them come close to Lumpy in terms of terrible customer service, none! I just want to warn anyone who is considering a Xenon build, to avoid it until there is evidence on this thread that Lump has gotten his act back together. I hate to talk bad about an artisan like this but unfortunately, he just does not know how to deal with customers, timelines and how to send putters out of his shack.

Rant over, my apologies

One year!!? You have the patience of Mother Theresa herself my friend. Sorry that I have gotten mine before yours. Are yours crazy custom or something?

My wife told me to report him to BBB for sketchy business practices, but I don't want to toss a guy under the bus like that, who I 100% believe is trying his best and maybe just... ins't a great business man, or has come onto hard times. While things do happen, you do still owe your paying customers accurate timelines, or reason why the original timeline can't be met.

I hate for this thread to turn into a Lumpy bash, because I never wanted it to be that. I think we are all just a bit frustrated but at least for the most part my story is over. I doubt I'll ever get my 2nd head cover... but.. I guess I can buy a random one off ebay.

You are a nice guy, because after a year, if he already had my money, to me that's theft. Not only I would have reported him to the BBB, but I would have filed a police report.

A year, that's ridiculous.

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Titleist SM8 Black Wedges 48-54-58

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)
“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”

Ya, I'm trying not to bash the man because I love his putters and he has built me 4 of my favorites in the past. It's just very difficult to sympathize with him when he leaves the vaguest of emails when he finally does respond and a ton of empty promises about shipment dates and timelines.

He probably won't even open my ultimatum email before the end of this week if his track record of response is any indicator. I'd much prefer the putters than a refund, but we're not talking a small amount of money here. 2 handmades are not cheap, although a great price compared to other builders.

The whole issue is that he had me pay the 2nd half of the cost 2 weeks after the 1st half was paid because he told me they were nearly done and about to ship. He's been giving me the "they'll be shipped at the end of the week" response for 12 months

Ya, I'm trying not to bash the man because I love his putters and he has built me 4 of my favorites in the past. It's just very difficult to sympathize with him when he leaves the vaguest of emails when he finally does respond and a ton of empty promises about shipment dates and timelines.

He probably won't even open my ultimatum email before the end of this week if his track record of response is any indicator. I'd much prefer the putters than a refund, but we're not talking a small amount of money here. 2 handmades are not cheap, although a great price compared to other builders.

The whole issue is that he had me pay the 2nd half of the cost 2 weeks after the 1st half was paid because he told me they were nearly done and about to ship. He's been giving me the "they'll be shipped at the end of the week" response for 12 months

That’s brutal. 12 months!!

Reading this again really brings pain. I really hope lump is NOT going the way of Dave. Dave offered 15% off the full price for up front payment...then the wait began, many emails sent, sporadic responses, many deadlines missed.. PayPal is a ripoff for exchange rates (I'm from asia) but worth it in this case as PayPal helped with a full refund. A high custom mini from machine is not cheap.

Lump is a good person at heart, has had huge personal health challenges, is going through a hard family challenge so i really feel for him

He has not been dealt a good hand by life. That said, I really feel for those who have paid and yet to receive their putters. It's not right as well. I really hope this works out well for all fast and as promised.

Drivers : Callaway Paradym Sanki Planarian - Ginnico Black Star Arch-KaMs 16509 - Ryoma D1 V-Spec TRPX Fabulous Ni-Ti - Titleist TSR2 Arch-Kams CA-01 - TRPX S-013 Xanadu - Waccine Wac LS-01 COA Rolling Angel
FW : Ping G425 14.5*/17.5* Arch-Kams WL/WH-01

UTs : Ping G425 19* Arch-Kams UTR - Callaway Paradym 20* Arch-Kams UTH
Irons : Grind Studio Proto - Itobori MXH - Titleist CNCPT02 - Tourstage MR-23 US Spec
Wedges : Artisan - Grind Studio- JP Premier
Putters : Benock - BPutters - Ingles - Lajosi - Low Tide - Machine - MackMade - Mannkrafted - Masda Gold'sFactory - Nead - Swag - TP Mills - Xenon

On a brighter note I have a xenon mallet leather headcover w/ magnet closure I'll sell since I never recieved the actual mallet putter. I got mine in person since i only live about 40 mins from Ken.

My putter endeavors with him was just about as bad as everyone of late and happened over a year ago and I hate to say it because after meeting him in person he's a great guy.

I ordered two from him one being a x5 mallet style way back when and a anser style blade. I received the blade but kept getting the run around for months upon months with the mallet. So after many broken promises and guarantees like you all have recieved, I cancelled and forced him to refund my money on the mallet. It come to the point of threats of filing a claim with PayPal before it was finally refunded.

The blade is unique but it wasn't correct for how I ordered. It was supposed to be a standard plumbers and it came with a long neck. Not a huge deal because it wasnt ever really going to be a gamer but still wasn't how I ordered. I think I got the blade 6-7 months after placing the order and of course never recieved the mallet.

It's sad to see but seems like Lump is slowly creeping into the territory of Machine and his shady practices. Hopefully he gets it straightened out.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Lumpy made good on his promise to get me my putters (apparantly)..they are still in transit, will hopefully get them tomorrow. I will not believe it until I see them on my doorstep! Unfortunately, I know they were a rush job as he admitted to me that he had never started them after a year of telling me they would ship the next week. He sent me pictures of both putters..they look ok but I can see some things that were not exactly how I drew up and his attention to detail seems to be missing a tad...he built both putters over the weekend. I will wait to see them in person though before passing judgment on the craftsmanship.

His final email to me was quite interesting as he told me that "if I were to ever order another putter from him again, I should not pay up front, or even put down a down payment for that matter". This goes back to the fact that I paid in full a year ago, but only after he sent me the invoice for the 2nd half of the bill. Not sure, what's happening with him but I would be very cautious if I were looking in his direction for a build.

He also told me that these putters will not include head covers as he has recently switched logos and his new covers have not arrived yet. He told me he would be shipping them to me when they arrive...I won't hold my breath though. Nothing like having putters made and no covers to protect them, pretty annoying

I'm not taking sides and can feel for all who are waiting for their orders to reach. Just wanted to share 2 things:

1. On your putters not being exactly as requested. I'm not sure what it is now but for the 4 putters I've customed from Lump, he's always told me up front that he'll put his own slant on things as his creative license. This for me is fine and what id expect from a custom maker. I'm not the expert after all. I will admit though it can get dicey if the outcome is far from what was requested for and that grey area of "far from" is subject to personal interpretation and can cause misunderstandings.

2. I just got this email from Ken and I'm sure others got it as well...

I Hope you have been well!

Just checking in to say hello.

The last 2 1/2 years have been an absolute nightmare for my family after my wife was hurt in that accident.

Unfortunately for my putter making, I have most likely lost many great return customers with bad dates or no correspondence with them. I just shipped an order that was placed with a multiple return customer that was paid for a year ago. I still owe orders older than that unfortunately.

Finally, we are coming out of this disaster to restart but it has completely financially ruined us.

Just wanted to tell you hello and look forward to getting back to normal.

Lump

Drivers : Callaway Paradym Sanki Planarian - Ginnico Black Star Arch-KaMs 16509 - Ryoma D1 V-Spec TRPX Fabulous Ni-Ti - Titleist TSR2 Arch-Kams CA-01 - TRPX S-013 Xanadu - Waccine Wac LS-01 COA Rolling Angel

Irons : Grind Studio Proto - Itobori MXH - Titleist CNCPT02 - Tourstage MR-23 US Spec
Putters : Benock - BPutters - Ingles - Lajosi - Low Tide - Machine - MackMade - Mannkrafted - Masda Gold'sFactory - Nead - Swag - TP Mills - Xenon

I'm not taking sides and can feel for all who are waiting for their orders to reach. Just wanted to share 2 things:

1. On your putters not being exactly as requested. I'm not sure what it is now but for the 4 putters I've customed from Lump, he's always told me up front that he'll put his own slant on things as his creative license. This for me is fine and what id expect from a custom maker. I'm not the expert after all. I will admit though it can get dicey if the outcome is far from what was requested for and that grey area of "far from" is subject to personal interpretation and can cause misunderstandings.

2. I just got this email from Ken and I'm sure others got it as well...

I Hope you have been well!

Just checking in to say hello.

The last 2 1/2 years have been an absolute nightmare for my family after my wife was hurt in that accident.

Unfortunately for my putter making, I have most likely lost many great return customers with bad dates or no correspondence with them. I just shipped an order that was placed with a multiple return customer that was paid for a year ago. I still owe orders older than that unfortunately.

Finally, we are coming out of this disaster to restart but it has completely financially ruined us.

Just wanted to tell you hello and look forward to getting back to normal.

Lump

I got an email like that from Lump as well, I've stayed hush hush on him because for me, he just dropped off the face of the earth. Lump made me a bunch of putters when he first really started as Xenon and Lee was helping him out with taking orders and such. He really is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet and i'm sorry for all the hardship his family has had to deal with over the past couple of years. I just hope that he turns out on top.

Callaway Paradym Driver

Callaway Paradym 3w

Callaway Rogue 4H
Srixon ZX MKII combo 4-A
Cleveland RTX 6 54, 58
Swag Boss

I am sympathetic to Lump's family troubles. I tried to stay as patient as possible throughout as I am a big fan of Lumpy and have made several orders with him. I think if he was more open to share his issues with the clients who are/were waiting for putters rather than just simply say "putter will ship next week" and this becoming an ongoing thing, clients would be much more accepting of his troubles and would be ok with delayed orders, etc.

I hope everything goes well with him and his family. He is one of the best in the business and I truly hope he gets his business back up and running so more golfers can own a putter from him.

I have received confirmation that my putters have been delivered. I will snap some pics once I get home.

Glad to hear Lefty. Congrats

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I ordered mine from Lumpy in mid-December and picked it up from him this weekend. I wanted a Newport 2 size blade made from Damascus with a low glare finish and heavier weight than what I was gaming. Gave him the specs and requests on stamping, etc. I played with it twice this weekend and have loved it.

Not sure about the issues others have had with Xenon/Lumpy, but my experience was very good all the way around. When I picked it up, I saw a brass putter he had just finished that was absolutely stunning. The guy has major talent and appears to be back on track with turn times, etc.

I ordered mine from Lumpy in mid-December and picked it up from him this weekend. I wanted a Newport 2 size blade made from Damascus with a low glare finish and heavier weight than what I was gaming. Gave him the specs and requests on stamping, etc. I played with it twice this weekend and have loved it.

Not sure about the issues others have had with Xenon/Lumpy, but my experience was very good all the way around. When I picked it up, I saw a brass putter he had just finished that was absolutely stunning. The guy has major talent and appears to be back on track with turn times, etc.

I was over 2 or 3 weeks ago and didn't see yours. There were a couple others stashed somewhere, he did tell me that. That's a nice stick! You see the swiss cheese neck (I think it was on the brass Element)? What's the weight?

Would somebody who lives near him go pick up a head cover for me or at least tell him I'm trying to reach him? He shipped my order to me in October sans head cover. Promised me one was coming. Emailed him 6 weeks ago, no response.

He seems to be delivering putters in a timely manner again so he shouldn't have any excuses.

Would somebody who lives near him go pick up a head cover for me or at least tell him I'm trying to reach him? He shipped my order to me in October sans head cover. Promised me one was coming. Emailed him 6 weeks ago, no response.

He seems to be delivering putters in a timely manner again so he shouldn't have any excuses.

Message me Z1ggy, I can't send you one.

I did reach out to Lump and was given another "I will ship next week" response. No dice. Another month will come and go.

Perspective. I ordered a set of NCW irons at the end of the August (3 months after my order was finalized with Ken) and they are set to arrive in the upcoming days. The project was beyond the stated completion date, but communication was clear throughout and reasons were given for the delay. In my estimation that is how this is all supposed to work.

Beyond disappointed at this point. Happy to see others receiving their product, but wish he would fulfill the orders that he has sitting in the queue.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would like guidance from anyone willing to offer.

I have been waiting for a headcover, bag tag, marker and tool since last May. There have been promises to ‘ship out next week’ on multiple occasions’ (the most recent correspondence being December 31st), but my most recent polite inquiry has been ignored for the past 3 weeks.

How do I bring this to a close? I was prepared to walk away, but my wife is telling me to not give in.

Can you recover funds via PayPal and/or a credit card 10 or so months later?

Such a pain in the arse.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon