2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Kraft Nabisco Championship...your thoughts.

Mr22putt

[quote name='Norboo' timestamp='1365424438' post='6783815']
[quote name='Leftagain' timestamp='1365423918' post='6783777']
[quote name='Norboo' timestamp='1365423184' post='6783721']
[b]Racism[/b] is usually defined as views, practices and actions reflecting the belief that humanity is divided into distinct biological groups called races and that members of a certain race share certain attributes which make that group as a whole less desirable, more desirable, inferior or superior

[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism[/url]
[/quote]

Gee thanks, still don't get how you figured the comments were racist but whatever. Far as I'm aware 'chubby' isn't confined to any particular race..
[/quote]

You're welcome.
I guess you misssed the Asian part. *yawn*
[/quote]

Hmmm, Ok. Maybe you could do a little more digging on the fabled wiki to find which particular race is most inclined to the 'chubby' factor, I'm thinking Asians wont be at the top of that list.

The comment was a tad derogatory but hardly racist.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Norboo' timestamp='1365420923' post='6783605']
[quote name='tbowles411' timestamp='1365373989' post='6780785']
[quote name='Chief Illiniwek' timestamp='1365369568' post='6780343']
The LPGA can't catch a break. Golf channel throws them a bone and gives them a nice amount of tv time and of course a chubby Asian gal is going to cruise to a victory in a snooze fest. The ratings will be low and golf channel will be reconsidering the next time they think about expanding the coverage. Too bad, I really like watching the girls play.
[/quote]
I had such high hopes too.
[/quote]

Forum seems pretty racist.
[/quote]
Dude, really?

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

[quote name='Chief Illiniwek' timestamp='1365421713' post='6783637']
As I replied to a previous person who posted, I'm not racist. I still watched the final round and enjoyed it. But I'm still a realist who knows that it wasn't the kind of Sunday that's going to generate interest in America for the LPGA.
[/quote]

Why don't you just stand by your opinion, don't try and cloak your opinion behind "This is what America wants". Speak for yourself. Pal. Are you for real? Sorry for asking, I live in civilization, I don't come across your kind often.

As I previously stated, I still watched! Are you guys of the opinion that this finish was what the golf channel wanted?

As for potential racism I can dispel that right now. If it was Wie at the top the ratings would be fantastic and women's golf would be back on network tv. What race is Wie? GASP! She's Asian!

So now in will come the "xenophobe" crowd. Guess what people? Viewers like to have a rooting "hometown" favorite. Does it make folks from Minneapolis xenophobic if they don't tune in to a Braves/Dodgers World Series? Americans want to watch Americans. Are Japanese people racist and xenophobic because the root for Ai and not Kerr?

Jeesh. Some of you people who want to shout "racist" anytime they perceive something that could even be misconstrued that way.

And lastly yes, guys want to watch hot girls over chubby girls. Who does 22, 78, Tes, and several of the other more notable LPGA fans on this board root for? Belen, Natalie, Korda, etc.

[quote name='Chief Illiniwek' timestamp='1365428951' post='6784163']
As I previously stated, I still watched! Are you guys of the opinion that this finish was what the golf channel wanted?

As for potential racism I can dispel that right now. If it was Wie at the top the ratings would be fantastic and women's golf would be back on network tv. What race is Wie? GASP! She's Asian!

So now in will come the "xenophobe" crowd. Guess what people? Viewers like to have a rooting "hometown" favorite. Does it make folks from Minneapolis xenophobic if they don't tune in to a Braves/Dodgers World Series? Americans want to watch Americans. Are Japanese people racist and xenophobic because the root for Ai and not Kerr?

Jeesh. Some of you people who want to shout "racist" anytime they perceive something that could even be misconstrued that way.

And lastly yes, guys want to watch hot girls over chubby girls. Who does 22, 78, Tes, and several of the other more notable LPGA fans on this board root for? Belen, Natalie, Korda, etc.
[/quote] I just want to say I'm being facetious here, BUT..since you brought up the subject of watching "hot" girls versus "other" girls.......it appears that most guys here would rather watch hot girls play badly, than not-so-hot girls play great. And in a perfect world, you want all LPGA members to be young, hot, sexy, smile constantly, be fan-friendly, and.....oh yes, they should play golf just like a MAN. That sound about right? :-)

[quote name='Kaysquare' timestamp='1365437871' post='6785129']

[/quote] I just want to say I'm being facetious here, BUT..since you brought up the subject of watching "hot" girls versus "other" girls.......it appears that most guys here would rather watch hot girls play badly, than not-so-hot girls play great. And in a perfect world, you want all LPGA members to be young, hot, sexy, smile constantly, be fan-friendly, and.....oh yes, they should play golf just like a MAN. That sound about right? :-)
[/quote]

It is sad but true. That is just how most guys are wired and we can't help it.

Callaway FT-iz 9*
Ping G15 4W 17*
Taylormade 09 Rescue 19*, 22*
Ping G25 5-9, PW, UW
Cleveland CG14 54*, 58*
Odyssey Original White Hot 2 Ball

[/quote]

There are ways to be patriotic and to support your country without being rude and a racist. Can you imagine if you said that to a co-worker at a work place? Is that what you teach your children?

I enjoyed watching InBee put on a putting clinic. I watch golf for the enjoyment the game and appreciation of all the talented players regardless of their race and physical attributes. Imagine that coming from a male American. Please don’t speak on my behalf.

Driver: Ping G400 Max 10.5 Stock Alta (need shaft fitting)
Fairway Wood: Ryoma F5
Hybrid: TaylorMade M6 4H & 6H
Irons: OnOff Kuro 2015 6 - PW
Wedge: Cleveland RTX4 50, 54 and 58
Putter: S.C. GoLo 3
Ball: TaylorMade TP5X
Club hoe, builder, fitter and tester as hobbyist since 1993

And in a perfect world, you want all LPGA members to be young, hot, sexy, smile constantly, be fan-friendly, and.....oh yes, they should play golf just like a MAN. That sound about right? :-) [/quote]

You forgot about the website. Don't dare leave out the website, the blue on blue horror. It's been suggested that some of the heftier members on tour should take some time off to revamp the website.

Paid leave, with snacks.

We also demand right to construct our own pairings, like the three Spaniards joined.

I suppose I could deflect scrutiny from Chief by reminding that some of these girls really need to change their names, for the benefit of American fans.

So Yeon Ryu and her legs, that can be a forum project. Remember it's pronounced YOU. So we need a first name that blends well with that. This reminds me of college, when I used to scribble projected names of offspring of Seattle Slew. Had hundreds of them, like Yabba Dabba Slew.

With Inbee, I doubt it matters. The name's not the issue. I like her, as I posted after Titleholders, when she chatted with fans in the stands and posed for pictures while holding her Vare Trophy. I didn't want her to lap the field in one of the signature events. There was big danger on Friday night, as I mentioned, several shots clear of the next proven winner, and with Stacy well down the list. Na Yeon Choi doesn't seem to like too much attention so it made sense for her to quietly bail. She already owned the US Open, and season ending largest winner's purse on tour.

Also, Lizette should have known that gold on top wasn't likely to work. Wear the cardinal blouse. I got rid of my one or two gold USC shirts almost immediately. Nobody identifies you with that school if the gold is more prominent than cardinal. See, even the USC website sports cardinal on top, while claiming the two colors are of "equal importance." Who are they trying to kid?

http://identity.usc.edu/print/colors/

[quote name='Norboo' timestamp='1365441227' post='6785781']

[/quote]

There are ways to be patriotic and to support your country without being rude and a racist. Can you imagine if you said that to a co-worker at a work place? Is that what you teach your children?

I enjoyed watching InBee put on a putting clinic. I watch golf for the enjoyment the game and appreciation of all the talented players regardless of their race and physical attributes. Imagine that coming from a male American. Please don’t speak on my behalf.
[/quote]

OMG your ranting about nothing is almost as insufferable as your air of superiority. You aren't the gate keeper of free thought in these forums. Your accusations of racism in this particular case are entirely without merit or substance. The point made was one of demographics and reaching a domestic audience this tour needs to thrive. You have no argument, at least here in the real world, that for the tour, Sta lew, or PC, or Bam Bam in contention isn't a more appealing Sunday afternoon than the blow out we saw this weekend. No one has said anything remotely close wishing Asians would go away or anything like that. You should follow Jane Park on twitter. Her constant barrage of Asian jokes would probably put you in an stupor of indignant outrage. Get a grip friend. I love the Asian contingent on tour. I love and root for all of the girls, (maybe not the Hedwall chick, she annoys me) and the LPGA tour as a whole. And I am smart enough to understand the concept that strengthening the fan base here among casual viewers might be assisted by American success. What you have shown, by your printed words, is an inability to have an adult conversation about important issues moving forward without finding some sinister meaning. It isn't there. There are plenty of places on the internet you can find it easily. Take your ignorant crusade there. Thanks in advance.

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

[quote name='Awsi Dooger' timestamp='1365442615' post='6786005']
And in a perfect world, you want all LPGA members to be young, hot, sexy, smile constantly, be fan-friendly, and.....oh yes, they should play golf just like a MAN. That sound about right? :-) [/quote]

You forgot about the website. Don't dare leave out the website, the blue on blue horror. It's been suggested that some of the heftier members on tour should take some time off to revamp the website.

Paid leave, with snacks.

We also demand right to construct our own pairings, like the three Spaniards joined.

I suppose I could deflect scrutiny from Chief by reminding that some of these girls really need to change their names, for the benefit of American fans.

So Yeon Ryu and her legs, that can be a forum project. Remember it's pronounced YOU. So we need a first name that blends well with that. This reminds me of college, when I used to scribble projected names of offspring of Seattle Slew. Had hundreds of them, like Yabba Dabba Slew.

With Inbee, I doubt it matters. The name's not the issue. I like her, as I posted after Titleholders, when she chatted with fans in the stands and posed for pictures while holding her Vare Trophy. I didn't want her to lap the field in one of the signature events. There was big danger on Friday night, as I mentioned, several shots clear of the next proven winner, and with Stacy well down the list. Na Yeon Choi doesn't seem to like too much attention so it made sense for her to quietly bail. She already owned the US Open, and season ending largest winner's purse on tour.

Also, Lizette should have known that gold on top wasn't likely to work. Wear the cardinal blouse. I got rid of my one or two gold USC shirts almost immediately. Nobody identifies you with that school if the gold is more prominent than cardinal. See, even the USC website sports cardinal on top, while claiming the two colors are of "equal importance." Who are they trying to kid?

[url="http://identity.usc.edu/print/colors/"]http://identity.usc.edu/print/colors/[/url]
[/quote]
Awsi,

As always the king of the descriptive posts. :)

And yes, the main points I picked up on were your last two: No one likes seeing a runaway unless that is your guy (or in this case, gal) playing. You want a good tournament, where someone is coming after another golfer and making up ground. A blowout is the last thing a fan wanted because the LPGA has no real dominant player and wanted to have an exciting finish. It was over within the first 20 minutes, and we all knew it. Even Terry Gannon and Judy Rankin knew it. But they had to still talk about the field when Inbee had a 7 shot lead on the second hole.

And as a Trojan, I knew you'd have an issue with what Lizette was sporting. :)

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

Ok here's my Ryu tag line.

If you see an Asian guy at an upcoming event holding the following sign......you know it's me.

"ME & RYU"

On the other side of the sign

pictures of the 3 Spanish Killer B's.....VAMOS!!!!!

I'll also be screaming on the tee blocks.....Spring Rolls or Peking Duck.

I think I'm in a sea all by myself....seems like I'm the only one who likes Hedwall.....oh well.

Once there are 3 really hot Asian pros with personality, anglo names, flawless English and superior winning records....the talk about Asian dominance will stop....and US viewership will take off.

What red blooded US male...let alone any man would not root for a pro who looked like this.

Kelly_Hu_0057_1600x1200_Wallpaper.jpg

[quote name='Mr22putt' timestamp='1365447004' post='6786673']
Ok here's my Ryu tag line.
If you see an Asian guy at an upcoming event holding the following sign......you know it's me.
"ME & RYU"

On the other side of the sign
pictures of the 3 Spanish Killer B's.....VAMOS!!!!!

I think I'm in a sea all by myself....seems like I'm the only one who likes Hedwall.....oh well.

Once there are 3 really hot Asian pros with personality, anglo names, flawless English and superior winning records....the talk about Asian dominance will stop....and US viewership will take off.

What red blooded US male...let alone any man would not root for a pro who looked like this.

[/quote]
Hedwall would hurt you. I can't let that happen. :cheesy: I think they frown on signs at events. Just food for thought. :) And the Spanish Killer B's...well, enough said.

I DARE you scream it out. I'm trying to be at Kingsmill. If I hear "Peking Duck" in the distance I will drop to the ground in laughter and only I'll know what I'm laughing at. Kind of like normal!

Kelly_Hu_0057_1600x1200_Wallpaper.jpg

I'm sorry, what were we talking about?! She's fabulous! :)

:shok:[size=4] [/size]

[size=4]Me and Ryu and Ryu and me[/size]
[size=4]The only one for me is Ryu, and Ryu for me[/size]
[size=4]So happy together.........so happy together..........[/size]

Hybrid undecided
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

"ME & RYU"

[/quote]

Bibimbaaaaaaaaap!!!! And please, no Austin Powers references on Me and You.

I seem to be in a small minority here as I really don't care whether the pro athletes are pretty or not. Maybe I should have my gender double checked just in case. Or maybe i am a liberated Scandinavian (even though in self-imposed exile in Singapore) so unlike the closet-conservative North Americans if I want to drool on scantly clad chicks I don't need to pretend I am watching a professional sporting event.

But I did stop watching the tournament when it became pretty obvious that no matter what, Inbee Park is going to win quite clearly. I watched her putting masterclass for some time but the whole event did became somewhat boring. The earlier rounds were more interesting with some not-so-regular names on the leaderboard. Besides, I felt quite bad for Lizette Salas. I was quite hoping she'd stay closer to the pointy end.

And please, could someone fix those damn score links at the LPGA web site? Each damn tournament has a "lfull leaderboard" link that goes nowhere.

Cobra Speedzone 10.5 Aldila Rogue Silver
Cobra Speedzone 18.5 Aldila Rogue Silver
Callaway Apex UT 18, Recoil 95
Callaway Apex Pro 3i, Recoil 95
Callaway Apex Pro 4-9,P Recoil 110
Callaway MD4 54, 58
Ping Sigma G Kinloch C

[quote name='Chief Illiniwek' timestamp='1365448305' post='6786871']
I want to comment on how hot she is in that pic, but then I'd be an insensitive, racist chauvinist. Oh well, she looks phenomenal in that pic!!
[/quote]
You are insensitve and chauvinistic. But racist, no. :friends:

[quote name='Singapore Joe' timestamp='1365448487' post='6786903']
"ME & RYU"

[/quote]

I seem to be in a small minority here as I really don't care whether the pro athletes are pretty or not. Maybe I should have my gender double checked just in case. Or maybe i am a liberated Scandinavian (even though in self-imposed exile in Singapore) so unlike the closet-conservative North Americans if I want to drool on scantly clad chicks I don't need to pretend I am watching a professional sporting event.

[/quote]

No, we're men and we like pretty girls as I'm sure you do. But this is golf. And we like golfers just the same. But if they're pretty, we like them better. Is that wrong? Wait, don't answer that....

[quote name='tbowles411' timestamp='1365449063' post='6786995']
"ME & RYU"

[/quote]

[/quote]

No, we're men and we like pretty girls as I'm sure you do. But this is golf. And we like golfers just the same. But if they're pretty, we like them better. Is that wrong? Wait, don't answer that....
[/quote]

Yes I do. No doubt of that. But the whole "pretty girls" rhetorics is quite telling. What I don't get is how do all the LPGA discussions end up discussions about whether a specific player is hot or not. This may come as a surprise but there is more to the game of golf than looks. Anyway, what am I to preach. I just can't get over how this whole LPGA forum is bringing out the raging feminist in me that I didn't even know existed.

Talking of which... recall our previous discussions about the pink and professionalism? They listened! Do you agree that Paula Creamer, for example, looks orders of magnitude more professional when she goes easy on pink?

Cobra Speedzone 10.5 Aldila Rogue Silver
Cobra Speedzone 18.5 Aldila Rogue Silver
Callaway Apex UT 18, Recoil 95
Callaway Apex Pro 3i, Recoil 95
Callaway Apex Pro 4-9,P Recoil 110
Callaway MD4 54, 58
Ping Sigma G Kinloch C

[quote name='Awsi Dooger' timestamp='1365442615' post='6786005']

[url="http://identity.usc.edu/print/colors/"]http://identity.usc.edu/print/colors/[/url]
[/quote]

A yellow skort and cardinal shirt would have brought the wrong attention to Lizette.
Now if it was USC alumna, Belen Mozo or Nicole Castrale, they could have pulled off any combo of yellow and cardinal.

[quote name='tbowles411' timestamp='1365447597' post='6786773']

Hedwall would hurt you. I can't let that happen. :cheesy: I think they frown on signs at events. Just food for thought. :) And the Spanish Killer B's...well, enough said.

I DARE you scream it out. I'm trying to be at Kingsmill. If I hear "Peking Duck" in the distance I will drop to the ground in laughter and only I'll know what I'm laughing at. Kind of like normal!
[/quote]

I know Caro would beat the crap out of me.....lol.

If you bought me unlimited Bombay Sapphire martinis chased with Heinekens and with a $20 dare....yes I'd yell out "Peking Duck" and add in "Pork Fried Rice" as a freebie when ShanShan was teeing off. Obviously I would wait till the 18th hole cause I'd likely be escorted out or at least followed by LPGA security.

If you hear......Tapas.....you know I'm following Belen.

[quote name='Mr22putt' timestamp='1365450489' post='6787191']

[/quote]

If you bought me unlimited Bombay Sapphire martinis chased with Heinekens and with a $20 dare....yes I'd yell out "Peking Duck" and add in "Pork Fried Rice" as a freebie when ShanShan was teeing off. Obviously I would wait till the 18th hole cause I'd likely be escorted out or at least followed by LPGA security.

[/quote]

You clearly hate the Asian people :rolleyes:[size=4] [/size]

Hybrid undecided
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

[quote name='Singapore Joe' timestamp='1365449575' post='6787067']
[quote name='tbowles411' timestamp='1365449063' post='6786995']
"ME & RYU"

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes I do. No doubt of that. But the whole "pretty girls" rhetorics is quite telling. What I don't get is how do all the LPGA discussions end up discussions about whether a specific player is hot or not. This may come as a surprise but there is more to the game of golf than looks. Anyway, what am I to preach. I just can't get over how this whole LPGA forum is bringing out the raging feminist in me that I didn't even know existed.

Talking of which... recall our previous discussions about the pink and professionalism? They listened! Do you agree that Paula Creamer, for example, looks orders of magnitude more professional when she goes easy on pink?
[/quote]
Simply, because we're men. :) There's no other reason than that. However, I will put this out there. They need to rely on all of their assets to bring eyes and sponsors and to make a name for themselves. Being totally serious. They know they are playing a sport that no one for the most part watches. To have that few people out there watching a Major was disgraceful. So PC wears pink and long knee high socks. That's her trademark. But she can turn on the glamour when she needs to. Her best friend Natalie Gulbis uses everything she has to do the same. And she has quite a bit there (See I did it again! LOL)! But she's also posing in body paint and for calendars and magazines, but can also go glam if necessary. Look at the commerical that was on for the Major, of a few of the ladies totally made up in heels and such. I barely recognized Stacy Lewis. She was looking really cute all made up and wearing a dress.

For the most part, they generally appreciate each fan out there because they understand, they are their lifeline. So they use not only their games, but the very fact they are female to attract a fan base, women, and yes, men. I've been to events. No one is screaming out anything distasteful to them. It's golf and they're out there to do their thing. At the end, they talk, sign pictures and hats and pose for pictures. That's access that you can get for $10-$20 an event and my kid is free. If this were the PGA, not only would I not get that kind of access, I'd be paying $150-$200 to not get that kind of access.

So we're being men for sure, but we also have mad respect for their games and what they are trying to do. There are over 130,000 GolfWRX members. There are 5 or 6 guys in here consistently. That's it. There are female members, but they don't come on the boards that much to participate. We'd change our tune in a hurry if they were here, but for the most part, it's guys here and we all "know" each other.

[quote name='Mr22putt' timestamp='1365450998' post='6787241']
Guys
The pic of the hot Asian is actress Kelly Hu.
She is a US born Asian.
She was 1983 Miss Teen USA & 1993 Miss Hawaii USA.

She's 45 and the most unbelievable fact....she is SINGLE.....WTF?????

I know I'd be happy to watch her shoot rounds of 76 & 78 b4 missing the cut.
[/quote]
WTH?! Older than me? AND SINGLE?!

[quote name='Mr22putt' timestamp='1365450489' post='6787191']

[/quote]

[/quote]
You need to be watched very closely! LOL

Agree with T, For me it is about the golf, Inbee was awesome sat and sun! It was boring not because she is boring or less attractive that others, it was boring because she was in front by 7 early. If it was (insert who you think is the hottest girl out there here) in a Bikini it would have still been boring golf, talked about more? a GREAT deal more but wouldn't have a lasting effect on viewership.

Beyond hot chicks in impossibly short skirts, I think the LPGA could use a heated rivalry between a couple top players. It sucks Yani and stacy are so nice and complimentary to each other. It could really use a couple equally popular players chirping in the press about each other, death stares caught on camera, a back and forth stretch where they beat each other at big events. That would do wonders. Although it wouldn't hurt if the 2 in question were hot.

Hybrid undecided
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck