Kraft Nabisco Championship...your thoughts.

Mr22putt

[quote name='Trugravity' timestamp='1365283563' post='6775171']
[quote name='tbowles411' timestamp='1365261567' post='6773909']
Well JK is only, what? 18?
[/quote]

Not sure if you're saying goofiness comes with the tender age??? She recently turned 20. That said, I see goofiness as just one side of her... she's also considerate, interactive, and just plan gets it when it comes to interacting with the fans. In addition, she is hugely talented and I truly believe she will make some waves in the women's game by the time she is finished. She comes from a great family...I've seen them interact and it is clear they are grounded and fun-loving people. Bottom line, one of my favorites, very easy to pull for.
[/quote]

We're all pulling for her and this is now out of context. I mentioned goof, which really should have been worded as fun/funny in comparison to Cristie Kerr as the person she is paired with today. This is 100% my bad. I think she's a sweetheart, laughs when she plays and has unlimited potential.

Now back to LPGA talk.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave, I haven't looked closely at the two games. Neither one fit my system of taking the higher rated team from preseason if underdog in the postseason. Some ratings did have Syracuse above Michigan in preseason but most went the other way.

The angle did well this well. My best fit was Marquette +5.5 against the Canes. The preseason numbers hinted that Marquette should be a 4.5 point favorite, a full 10 point gap. Of course, I took some grief on Canes sites when I posted before the tournament that they were a huge candidate not to live up to their seeding.

If I were in Las Vegas this week I'd probably mess around with something, like a first half under, or a prop, but when I'm out of town I happily ignore the games. I hate the 3 point shot in college basketball. Once they instituted that rule I'm not a fan of the sport other than for betting purposes. Imagine if football were played with touchdowns outside 30 yards worth 9 points, and inside worth 6 points. You'd have idiocy like intentional losses to get back outside the 30 yard line, and wild flails from just outside the 30. I don't see how basketball is any different, just because it's a continuous action sport. These days it's common for 3 or 4 guys at all times to make sure their toes are behind an arbitrary line.

[quote name='DavePelz4' timestamp='1365285256' post='6775299']
If you translate Caroline Hedwall from Swedish to English you'd get Cristie Kerr.
[/quote]

True that. I could do without both of them on TV coverage.

Adaptive Golf.....look out for the one-armed man:

Ping G425 Max Driver, 5W, 7W....+2"

PXG 0211 hybrids, 25*, 28*, 31*….+2”

PXG 0211 8i - SW….+3” or Sub70 699 8i - SW….+4”

Bobby Grace F-22 side saddle

[quote name='DavePelz4' timestamp='1365292877' post='6775881']
TBowles hope you had the DVR set to hear the raspy voice of Ms. Creamer.
[/quote]
Poor baby!

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

Surprising to see a number of better players really just don't take care of themselves. Not expecting everyone to be a fitness model but there are a few that if I didn't know any better could have the last name Stadler. At least no one is quite on Davies level.

Nice play today by a number of players. Tomorrow could be interesting if someone steps up and makes a move.

[quote name='PedronNiall' timestamp='1365294795' post='6776041']
Surprising to see a number of better players really just don't take care of themselves. Not expecting everyone to be a fitness model but there are a few that if I didn't know any better could have the last name Stadler. At least no one is quite on Davies level.

Nice play today by a number of players. Tomorrow could be interesting if someone steps up and makes a move.
[/quote]

Class comment there.

You are out of order.

Adaptive Golf.....look out for the one-armed man:

Ping G425 Max Driver, 5W, 7W....+2"

PXG 0211 hybrids, 25*, 28*, 31*….+2”

PXG 0211 8i - SW….+3” or Sub70 699 8i - SW….+4”

Bobby Grace F-22 side saddle

It would be a real barn burner if InBee and Lizette were at -6.....then we'd have at least 15 pros in the mix.

If InBee plays well on the front 9 (I don't see the Ice Queen to collapse)....it maybe as boring as some lopsided Super Bowls.
I hope InBee doesn't do a Pat Hurst into Poppy's pond.

It's a shame....a major and it doesn't seem like more than 3000 fans.

Considering the LPGA is on a downhill slide in the US....we fans of the LPGA are very lucky to have good coverage of events and 20 hours of coverage for this event.

[quote name='mshills' timestamp='1365296228' post='6776231']

[/quote]

Class comment there.

You are out of order.
[/quote]

Please. If we're free to discuss the shape Colt Knost isn't in, we're free to discuss the shape LPGA players aren't in as well. Do they get a pass because they give friendly interviews?

[quote name='mshills' timestamp='1365296228' post='6776231']

[/quote]

Class comment there.

You are out of order.
[/quote]LMAO!!!

Give me a break, are you that PC? The comment didn't single anyone - the person made an observation and a fairly accurate one at that. LOL

Cleveland Launcher DTS 9*
Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
MacGregor VIP V-Foil 1025 C - 7-PW
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1013287-my-v-foils/"]WITB Link[/url]

* LPGA players are in better shape nowadays but many of the exceptions are top players, and they are moving in the same direction. Salas is definitely heavier this year, likewise Shanshan. Hedwall looks the same. Inbee might be slightly heavier in 2013. She does herself no favors with the white pants.

* I'm rooting for wind tomorrow. Anything to shake this up. Inbee has too much of a comfort level, without proven players bearing down on her.

* A few weeks ago on the new layout, Inbee was right there after two rounds yet leveled out and was not a factor on the weekend. I remember posting that, how unusual it was, while wishing more LPGA events could feature tricky greens like that, and therefore more uncertainty.

* Ai Miyazato will continue to be due in a major. Due and due and due. At least she wasn't a hot pick this time, unlike most majors. She might stumble into one somewhere, if the rest of the field doesn't consider it a major, and nobody tells her it is.

* Nice to read the criticism of Hedwall. That sequence today with her caddie was exactly what I witnessed at Titleholders, mad gestures and screaming in Swedish. It's funny that you don't need to follow the players for many holes to get a representative sample.

Shanshan has really packed it on since moving to the US.....I guess KFC & Denny's doesn't serve tofu, gai lan & tripe.
Hedwall lost quite a bit of weight vs. 2012 but seems like she put some weight back on in that past couple of months.

Ya I hope we see 40 mph winds....otherwise Sunday might be a snooze fest.

Yes...it was surprising to see InBee's collapse on the weekend at the Kia.

Ai might have a chance to win a major at Evian.....it's a joke ...5 majors.....kinda difficult to play hard ball on the LPGA vs. losing a $3M purse.

Hedwall is great...plays aggressive like a guy....yes she has a mouth....but not pouty like others.
At least she's respectful to the fans outside the ropes vs, Ms. Congeniality who'll bark at spectators, volunteers, media, etc, etc.
Since Sophie & Laura Davies won't be on the Euro team.....Tutta needs another mouth like Hedwall on the underdog team at the Solheim.

I expect a first time major winner tomorrow. Go Lizette! Gotta love her papi for sacrificing literally their livelihood to get her where she is.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

[quote name='Mr22putt' timestamp='1365306928' post='6777397']
Ya I hope we see 40 mph winds....otherwise Sunday might be a snooze fest.

[/quote]

Yes hope something shakes things up, nothing against IB just want something somewhat compelling...

referencing my earlier post, I've watched pretty much most of the coverage, FF'ing thru a few spots but still...18 Tee has been up for two days now, has anyone even gone for the green in two? I know Jodi hit a long shot in earlier in the week but it was her 3rd shot due to a poor drive. Seems like even with tees up it's an automatic 3 shot hole, which is just a snoozefest for a final hole in a major. Remember how awesome BamBam's 4 hybrid to 4 ft was a few years ago setting up an Eagle and the win. That's what I want to see lol...

And what is the deal with that band playing so close to 18 while players were still playing/putting out...

TS3 8.5* EvenFlow White 65s
917F3 15*  EvenFlow Black 75s
816H2 19* EvenFlow Black 85s
712MB S300 
Vokey SM6 56/60
Cameron Fastback 2

Yep, need some breeze to stir it up. Inbee is playing great and it's hard to see her melting in moderate conditions, would love to Salas come through as the girls got some game but the rest of the field is that far back even if someone shoots 65 they'll only scratch the lead. JK could go beserk if everything works for her, she's played some serious roller coaster golf out there, been great.

I think the deal with 18 is that it's been into the breeze all week so even with the tee up it's a risky go even for the bombers.

[quote name='Awsi Dooger' timestamp='1365287586' post='6775439']
Terry Gannon just mentioned what I've been thinking for a half hour, that the pace is quick today, and there could be a half hour or more of filler after play ends. Final shot will be struck long before 9 PM Eastern at this rate.
[/quote]

I noticed that also, the PGA Tour should watch the ladies play and learn something about pace of play.

Callaway Big Bertha 10.5º
TM SLDR TS / TM SLDR 3HL
Callaway X Hot 25º hybrid
Titleist AP1 714 5-W1 XP95 S300
Cleveland 588 RTX CB 54º/58º
Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7