Stillwater golf course at Mystic Ridge...Now Hideaway at Arrington

nuthin but a hacker

Mon-Fri is $80 w/ cart

Sat & Sun $100 w/ cart

That's not too bad for how nice the course is. It would be worth it a couple times a year.

Ping G400 10.5* driver
Ping G400 3 wood
Ping G400 3 & 4 hybrids
Ping i25 5-PW AW SW LW irons
Ping Sydney 34" putter
Ping Pioneer 2017 bag
Bridgestone Tour B330-RX ball

• 3 months later...

I played out here yesterday, as I am looking at possibly joining.

For those wondering - here are current Membership rates. Too me, being that I don't live there, the monthly dues are not terrible, but considering they don't have a Clubhouse or pool yet, it would be a hard sell to the Mrs.

I'll post pictures and a short review later today...

HIDEAWAY AT ARRINGTON IS PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE

THE FOLLOWING MEMBERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES.

The course will be releasing a limited amount of non-resident memberships in phases.

The course was designed by award-winning golf course architects, von Hagge, Smelek & Baril, the

18 championship holes at Hideaway were crafted to fit seamlessly into the community’s rolling hills.

Natural elements including creeks, limestone outcroppings and grasses were incorporated throughout

the course. Nearly all of the homes will have a dramatic front or backyard view of the course,

allowing the course to truly be center stage.

SOCIAL MEMBERSHIP

Social Members may enjoy all pool and clubhouse privileges and non-golf-related social events.

Members must pay dues, guest fees, and minimums. To qualify as a resident, you must be a resident

of Hideaway at Arrington community. A two-year commitment is required

Initiation Fees - $1,500 | Dues Rates - (resident included in HOA) $175 (non-resident)

JUNIOR MEMBERSHIP (UNDER AGE 40)

Junior Golf Membership allows unlimited golf for the entire family. Members pay a cart fee when

they play and are responsible for guest fees, minimums, and all other fees and charges associated

with membership. Members also have unlimited use of the pool and clubhouse, and may attend all

golf and social events at the club.

Initiation Fees - $4,000 | Dues Rates - $345 (non-resident) $245 (resident)

JUNIOR UNLIMITED MEMBERSHIP (UNDER AGE 40)

Junior Unlimited Memberships allow unlimited golf for the entire family. Members do not pay range,

greens or cart fees but are responsible for guest fees, minimums, and all other fees and charges

associated with membership. Members also have unlimited use of the pool and clubhouse, and may

attend all golf and social events at the club.

Initiation Fees - $6,000 | Dues Rates - $445 (non-resident) $345 (resident)

FULL GOLF MEMBERSHIP

Full Golf Membership allows unlimited golf for the entire family. Members pay a cart fee when they

play and are responsible for guest fees, minimums, and all other fees and charges associated with

membership. Members also have unlimited use of the pool and clubhouse, and may attend all golf

and social events at the club.

Initiation Fees - $8,000 | Dues Rates - $395 (non-resident) $295 (resident)

UNLIMITED GOLF MEMBERSHIP

Unlimited Memberships allow unlimited golf for the entire family. Members do not pay range,

greens or cart fees but are responsible for guest fees, minimums, and all other fees and charges

associated with membership. Members also have unlimited use of the pool and clubhouse, and may

attend all golf and social events at the club.

Initiation Fees - $12,000 | Dues Rates - $495 (non-resident) $395 (resident)

Here are a few pics from our round yesterday.

Honestly loved the course - trying to talk myself out of it at the moment since they don't have all the amenities finished yet - Clubhouse looks to be a long ways off, and the pool as well.

The land is beautiful - the front 9 you are basically playing throughout the neighborhood, so lots of construction going on, but the back 9 is a different story. Very serene and away from it all. Great views off several of the tee boxes, though they had just been punched so that was somewhat of a letdown. I believe they had Member Guest this past weekend, and they must've punched them a day or 2 ago.

Having not played the course, there were a couple shots I would have played differently. Lots of Risk and reward opportunities. Greens were pretty quick, which I prefer, but it took awhile to adjust.

Very hilly, and lots of tiered greens with tricky pin locations. Longer Par 3's which is also like. We altered between the Black and Blue tees, so I think the course played around 6400 yards. Shortest par 3 was 145 yards.

Not sure if the club is still semi-private - I saw the post above and am curious. If I can still play for $80-100 bucks, it doesn't make sense to join since I travel so much and not sure if I would get $345/month use out of it.

Some pics -

Literally just got this e-mail -

Glad you guys got to come out and play the course. It truly is one of the best in Tennessee. Currently, we have decided to close membership at this time. We will have a waiting list for all non resident golfers. This will allow us to get more amenities completed and allow the club catch up to the golf course. For anyone on that list, may put an initiation deposit down and play the club as a guest. This allows those folks to still be able to access the club from time to and not miss out on the next membership release. If you have any questions feel free to give me a shout. Let me know if you wish to go on that waiting list. Look forward to seeing you soon.

Sweet pics. I live 5 min from the course and wish I could play more. I love that place. Just can't justify paying for it.

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

Sweet pics. I live 5 min from the course and wish I could play more. I love that place. Just can't justify paying for it.

Yeah I'm about 10 mins away. If they open membership back up, I can see us joining eventually. Not sure how they can survive with the small amount of members they have at the moment.

No clue either but they have survived for like 8 years with no membership. And no money coming in. The course has been done for several years even under the latest management group. I played here a few times in 2015 and the course was in great shape even then. I know someone that works for the CA company that is the management or ownership group. I was told it cost them roughly $1 million a year to maintain the course year to year from when they took over. They had it for at least 3 years before they started taking members. That is insane to me.

There were supposed to be 150 non residential and slowly add a few more as time goes on. There are 400 lots on the property and all of those lots could be potentially members of the golf course. If they can sell the houses for 100k more since it's on a exclusive golf course community that's 40mil. For what I think they are trying to do having a busy golf course would hurt their ability to sell the exclusivity. Let's get real about this..the golf course is there to sell houses. The golf course has been mostly finished for 8-9 years now. Johan told me the previous developers ran out of money and need another 13 mil for roads n such.

I think they are doing a great job as far as that goes. Everyone there is nice and they have been setting up tournaments, several junior events, and family oriented times. They are executing the play book perfectly.

The only thing that kinda sucks is when it's busy they run out of carts and you are on the putting green and get "where is the 10th hole?" I swear there are more potential member groups playing the course than members some days. Obviously, that is just part of the deal but it kinnda rubs you the wrong way when it happens.

I honestly can't believe that there is that much money flowing into middle Tennessee for people to buy these types of houses. Seriously, where can I get a job like that? Lol

There were supposed to be 150 non residential and slowly add a few more as time goes on. There are 400 lots on the property and all of those lots could be potentially members of the golf course. If they can sell the houses for 100k more since it's on a exclusive golf course community that's 40mil. For what I think they are trying to do having a busy golf course would hurt their ability to sell the exclusivity. Let's get real about this..the golf course is there to sell houses. The golf course has been mostly finished for 8-9 years now. Johan told me the previous developers ran out of money and need another 13 mil for roads n such.

I think they are doing a great job as far as that goes. Everyone there is nice and they have been setting up tournaments, several junior events, and family oriented times. They are executing the play book perfectly.

The only thing that kinda sucks is when it's busy they run out of carts and you are on the putting green and get "where is the 10th hole?" I swear there are more potential member groups playing the course than members some days. Obviously, that is just part of the deal but it kinnda rubs you the wrong way when it happens.

I honestly can't believe that there is that much money flowing into middle Tennessee for people to buy these types of houses. Seriously, where can I get a job like that? Lol

Yeah, I pretty much agree with everything you said. I moved up from Atlanta a little over a year ago and they have a club there similar to The Grove. Some of you may know it, but The River Club is also a Norman design and has multi-million dollar homes. I believe it opened in 2005 and the course opened in 2007 or somewhere in that time frame. Very exclusive the first few years, and I don't think you could join initially unless you lived in the neighborhood or you were a pro athlete/local celeb. of some sort. The last few years membership has opened up as management often changes and nothing typically stays the same more than 5 years in the hospitality business.

The only way I see them bringing in revenue right now is like you said, from the sale of homes. From the few times I have been out there, I still see more homes for sale than actually being lived in. Plenty of lots for sale as well.

There is plenty money in Middle TN, which most people find hard to believe, but it's there. Williamson County has always prospered, even in economic downturns. Developers have gone belly up, but I guess we will see how Hideaway plays out. I don't even see a foundation for the clubhouse yet, and the pool is a long way off. I would guess at least 1 year before those open.

Am I salty I can't join now? Yes, but I'm only 28 and I know there will be plenty of opportunities to join in the future. May look at Legends and a few others around Franklin.

Yeah, I pretty much agree with everything you said. I moved up from Atlanta a little over a year ago and they have a club there similar to The Grove. Some of you may know it, but The River Club is also a Norman design and has multi-million dollar homes. I believe it opened in 2005 and the course opened in 2007 or somewhere in that time frame. Very exclusive the first few years, and I don't think you could join initially unless you lived in the neighborhood or you were a pro athlete/local celeb. of some sort. The last few years membership has opened up as management often changes and nothing typically stays the same more than 5 years in the hospitality business.

The only way I see them bringing in revenue right now is like you said, from the sale of homes. From the few times I have been out there, I still see more homes for sale than actually being lived in. Plenty of lots for sale as well.

There is plenty money in Middle TN, which most people find hard to believe, but it's there. Williamson County has always prospered, even in economic downturns. Developers have gone belly up, but I guess we will see how Hideaway plays out. I don't even see a foundation for the clubhouse yet, and the pool is a long way off. I would guess at least 1 year before those open.

Am I salty I can't join now? Yes, but I'm only 28 and I know there will be plenty of opportunities to join in the future. May look at Legends and a few others around Franklin.

The problem is the HaA homes are overpriced. They haven't sold like they had hoped so far. The parade of homes was last fall and of all the homes in it, only 2 have sold and 1 of those 2 sold the weekend of the parade of homes. I have looked at some in there, and honestly, you could go to the grove down the road and already get everything the Hideaway will offer right away in a more private gated community.

It's still aggravating that they said for the longest that it would be open to the public and then right as its ready to open, they decide to make it private. Like Williamson County needs another private golf course. We played golf with a guy who had a theory about why it was said to be public and then changed at the last minute.

Ping G400 10.5* driver
Ping G400 3 wood
Ping G400 3 & 4 hybrids
Ping Sydney 34" putter
Ping Pioneer 2017 bag

Another quality course in Middle TN going private? Shocker!

People who own/run courses can do what they want, but it's quite pathetic how bad public golf is compared to other similar sized cities in the country.

Us regular Joe Shmoes like myself will just keep traveling to play our quality rounds.

I hear you. Living out here is rough from a golfing standpoint if you are not a member somewhere. Forrest Crossing is terrible, and Cheekwood is OK if you want a quick 9 for cheap.

Played Hermitage the other day and that is an awesome track, The Presidents course, but it is way out of the way for me.

I too live in Williamson Co and hate the options. Even in Nashville proper the golf options are less than stellar. Atlanta is the place to be for golf. Between private places begging people to join and the "nice" places charging $40 a round it makes me sad. That said, you couldn't pay me to live in ATL.

Anyway, old fort and Indian hills tend to be my go to courses. I hate Forrest Crossing and Champions Run. Kings Creek ain't too bad.

What was his theory?

He claimed that the course used the thought of being public as a way to get permits they needed pushed through faster and once that was done they changed their mind. I don't know about all that but the guy was super pissed. He had steam coming out of his ears just talking about it.

Ping G400 10.5* driver
Ping G400 3 wood
Ping G400 3 & 4 hybrids
Ping Sydney 34" putter
Ping Pioneer 2017 bag

I too live in Williamson Co and hate the options. Even in Nashville proper the golf options are less than stellar. Atlanta is the place to be for golf. Between private places begging people to join and the "nice" places charging $40 a round it makes me sad. That said, you couldn't pay me to live in ATL.

Anyway, old fort and Indian hills tend to be my go to courses. I hate Forrest Crossing and Champions Run. Kings Creek ain't too bad.

Indian Hills and Old Fort are some of the better options for public golf around here. I like the layout at Champions Run too but it's always so freaking crowded there.

Ping G400 10.5* driver
Ping G400 3 wood
Ping G400 3 & 4 hybrids
Ping Sydney 34" putter
Ping Pioneer 2017 bag

I wish I was. Weekends are always bad for me

• 4 weeks later...

Played out there 3 weeks ago. Greens had been worked on like 2 weeks prior and weren't fast but plenty smooth. Always a pleasure playing out there. Played like crap. Even thru 5 and almost holed out on #2 when I hit the actual flag(not stick) and it wrapped around the stick at least 3 times then dropped the ball next to the hole. (So really I would have hit it long).

Got to 7 and hit drive in the woods. Re -teed and bogey the hole for a triple. Same on 9. That kills. Two triples on two holes and pars on the rest. Ouch.

• 1 month later...

I've not played it since our group from GolfWRX was last out there but we ride around it every time we go to Franklin it seems. I really wish I could get my daughter out there for a round. She asks questions about the different holes you can see from the road. She's in her third year playing for her middle school team and I think she would have a blast at such a nice course.

Ping G400 10.5* driver
Ping G400 3 wood
Ping G400 3 & 4 hybrids
Ping Sydney 34" putter
Ping Pioneer 2017 bag