Stillwater golf course at Mystic Ridge...Now Hideaway at Arrington

nuthin but a hacker

• 3 months later...
It is officially closed for redesign per email sent out this afternoon. It will reopen after the redesign, residential memberships only. All members will be given their initiation fee back.

Yowzers. That sucks. That’s the whole reason you get in early to begin with. Wonder how much more it will be now? I’m sure something insane.

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

So you have to buy a house out there to be a member now?

Yes, that's what the email said. All non-resident members have been kicked out. They intend to make it "the area's premier private country club community".

I don't know what has been communicated to the resident members and how they are going to handle the club being shut down for a long time for the renovation.

Or while they get enough homes sold with actual golfers to warrant a full membership.

Homes haven’t been selling out there like they wished. Too expensive per square foot.

Yes, that's what the email said. All non-resident members have been kicked out. They intend to make it "the area's premier private country club community".

I don't know what has been communicated to the resident members and how they are going to handle the club being shut down for a long time for the renovation.

That’s a heck of a way to treat the members who got you started.

Ping G400 10.5* driver
Ping G400 3 wood
Ping G400 3 & 4 hybrids
Ping i25 5-PW AW SW LW irons
Ping Sydney 34" putter
Ping Pioneer 2017 bag
Bridgestone Tour B330-RX ball

Thats a heck of a way to treat the members who got you started.

Exactly. Not sure this is the way to start a club.

• 1 month later...

Holy smokes.

Just found some stuff out after driving past the course last week and saw #4 fairway completely ripped up and pipe be laid in the middle of the fairway. Blew my mind. Ended up driving inside and every hole/fairway i could see was completely gone.

Discover Land is who bought the place. New membership is $250k. Yes, that is correct.

Supposedly they want much bigger lots for the homes even tho all those homes in the entry are on top of each other.

Completely crazy if you ask me. 250k. Please.

http://discoverylandco.com/

Notice Nashville coming soon

Holy smokes.

Just found some stuff out after driving past the course last week and saw #4 fairway completely ripped up and pipe be laid in the middle of the fairway. Blew my mind. Ended up driving inside and every hole/fairway i could see was completely gone.

Discover Land is who bought the place. New membership is $250k. Yes, that is correct.

Supposedly they want much bigger lots for the homes even tho all those homes in the entry are on top of each other.

Can’t see it making it at that price. Obviously a lot of money in Williamson county but I would think you would have to have a national type membership to find enough members to succeed. Maybe I’m not smart enough to see it.

Holy smokes.

Can’t see it making it at that price. Obviously a lot of money in Williamson county but I would think you would have to have a national type membership to find enough members to succeed. Maybe I’m not smart enough to see it.

Seems far fetched to me as well but it’s entirely possible that they can find 100 people within 45 minutes to pay for a ultra exclusive semi vacant golf course experience . I don’t know of anybody personally because everyone I know finding a “game” is very important.

Secondly, the housing market is predicted to be flat or decrease starting next year by some “experts”. Seems to be very late in this economic cycle to try this type of plan but good luck to them. I enjoyed my time there and I hope to get a chance to play after the redesign

I don't know the place, but #4's par is being changed. Then another hole. Reducing bunkers, and going to bent grass. Interesting move, since everyone else in the area is going to bermuda.

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash 10.5° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.5 70g 
3wd: Srixon F65 10.5° Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70g 
3h & 4h Srixon Z-U85 20° & 23° Recoil 95 F4
Irons: Titleist 620CB 5-pwTT AMT Tour White S300 
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 50° 56° 60° KBS TT AMT Tour White S400, bent to 51° 55° 59°
Putter: Ping Redwood Anser 34" w/Element 29 from Putter Lounge & Carbon Ringo w/Misted Stainless Steel 
Grip: Lamkin UTx
Ball: Srixon Z-Star XV
Bag: Srixon Z Stand
Shoes: 6 adidas 2 Puma (diva golfer)

Well it need to be softened a bit and #6 needed to be blown up. I did get my only hole in 1 on #6 but it was a awful hole..front left hole location was the only “fair” hole location on the whole green.

IMO Bermuda is for “cheaper” golf courses..absolutely nothing is better than well maintained bent greens. Bermuda greens don’t heal fast enough after you change cups so 6 months later you can still see where the old hole was.

Well it need to be softened a bit and #6 needed to be blown up. I did get my only hole in 1 on #6 but it was a awful hole..front left hole location was the only “fair” hole location on the whole green.

IMO Bermuda is for “cheaper” golf courses..absolutely nothing is better than well maintained bent greens. Bermuda greens don’t heal fast enough after you change cups so 6 months later you can still see where the old hole was.

Bent is great but requires so much water during the heat around here that it was too costly for most courses.

#6 was always a challenge but really the only “unfair†hole to me. The slope of the green from front to back and the rocks and hill guarding the front right side you almost had to hit the perfect golf shot on the left of the green or lay up left (lol). I usually played it from 167 and back so it was hard to come in high enough and good the green, especially for most who would be hitting a longer iron in to that green. Hard to hold em up.

Literally my favorite course i have played in the mid state and can’t believe it’s being blown up. However, the list of course in that link I showed earlier, they are all at a different level.

Well it need to be softened a bit and #6 needed to be blown up. I did get my only hole in 1 on #6 but it was a awful hole..front left hole location was the only "fair" hole location on the whole green.

IMO Bermuda is for "cheaper" golf courses..absolutely nothing is better than well maintained bent greens. Bermuda greens don't heal fast enough after you change cups so 6 months later you can still see where the old hole was.

Bent is great but requires so much water during the heat around here that it was too costly for most courses.

#6 was always a challenge but really the only “unfair†hole to me. The slope of the green from front to back and the rocks and hill guarding the front right side you almost had to hit the perfect golf shot on the left of the green or lay up left (lol). I usually played it from 167 and back so it was hard to come in high enough and good the green, especially for most who would be hitting a longer iron in to that green. Hard to hold em up.

Literally my favorite course i have played in the mid state and can’t believe it’s being blown up. However, the list of course in that link I showed earlier, they are all at a different level.

#6 was the only hole on the course where a par felt like a birdie. Every time I played it, I wondered how a course architect thought that green was well-designed. There are so many other holes out there that were awesome that I hate that's it going to change: #1, 7, 10, 15, 18 were excellent holes. Holes 4 through 6 were a little bumpy on an otherwise tremendous ride.

Cobra LTD X

Titleist TSi2 3W

PXG Hybrid 17/22

Srixon ZX5 5 iron

Srixon ZX7  6-PW

Ping Glide Wedges 2.0 50/54/58

Mizuno M Craft I or IV

Well it need to be softened a bit and #6 needed to be blown up. I did get my only hole in 1 on #6 but it was a awful hole..front left hole location was the only "fair" hole location on the whole green.

IMO Bermuda is for "cheaper" golf courses..absolutely nothing is better than well maintained bent greens. Bermuda greens don't heal fast enough after you change cups so 6 months later you can still see where the old hole was.

#6 was always a challenge but really the only â€Å“unfair†hole to me. The slope of the green from front to back and the rocks and hill guarding the front right side you almost had to hit the perfect golf shot on the left of the green or lay up left (lol). I usually played it from 167 and back so it was hard to come in high enough and good the green, especially for most who would be hitting a longer iron in to that green. Hard to hold em up.

Literally my favorite course i have played in the mid state and canâ€â„¢t believe itâ€â„¢s being blown up. However, the list of course in that link I showed earlier, they are all at a different level.

#6 was the only hole on the course where a par felt like a birdie. Every time I played it, I wondered how a course architect thought that green was well-designed. There are so many other holes out there that were awesome that I hate that's it going to change: #1, 7, 10, 15, 18 were excellent holes. Holes 4 through 6 were a little bumpy on an otherwise tremendous ride.

I agree with you on 4,5,6. My rounds were pretty much dictated by how well i played those. 4 was always a killer for me as I’m in between clubs. Was a little worried about driver as it’s narrow and a miss can end up in the trees right. Or a shot to the right results in being forced to layup. 5 is pretty mundane looking but man is it the most uphill playing, non-uphill looking hole you will find. A great tee shot still means a long approach. And then there is 6.

8 has always played difficult to me too. Always plays like 190 ish when i have played and short can mean a lot of bumps.

• 3 weeks later...

Ahhh, so you live on the par 5 #9?? Sweet homes over there. Was driving thru on Friday to take a look. I live close by.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe black creek in Chattanooga initially asked 250K for some lots, and I just bought one for a client around 90K, market will correct, but it may be painful if anyone buys in at that price.

• 5 months later...

Latest I've heard on this club:

Has been renamed the Troubadour. I'd like to have the check they paid some marketing firm to come up with that dumb name.

It's nowhere near re-opening. Lots of work to do, several of the holes still nothing but dirt. I saw a picture of the first hole. It's grassed in. From the picture, everything that made that hole unique is gone (the rock formations, etc.) Now looks like a typical Fazio hole. I guess that's what they wanted.

And I heard that Brett Hull just bought a house out there.

This is a pic a took of the first hole, a little over 3 years ago.

That the day we played?

Yes
sweet! Man you got the ball a long way. How ya been?

• 3 weeks later...

I drove through last weekend and man some of the holes looked like a bulldozer destroyed them. #2, #3, the driving range, #9 looked bad. Such a shame this course is on its 3rd makeover.

Ping G400 10.5* driver
Ping G400 3 wood
Ping G400 3 & 4 hybrids
Ping i25 5-PW AW SW LW irons
Ping Sydney 34" putter
Ping Pioneer 2017 bag
Bridgestone Tour B330-RX ball

I drove through last weekend and man some of the holes looked like a bulldozer destroyed them. #2, #3, the driving range, #9 looked bad. Such a shame this course is on its 3rd makeover.

Shame indeed...but they had to change it. 6 was a bad hole and 8 was a bad hole. The course was too hard for most people to play. You never could get the greens over a 10 stimp because they were too punishing for being on the wrong level.

The driving range wasn’t good for actually working on club distances and if it rained at all you couldn’t use it due to plugging.

6 and 8 were the par 3s right? 6 was tough. Couldn’t go at it on the right side at all with the slope and rocks. Left was the only bail out there. But somehow I didn’t struggle on it like I did 8. Was too far for me on a par 3 and i never could get a kick off the hill on the right and get lucky.

The range was beautiful but agree for that kind of money I want to work on my game. Hitting at flags that are 40 yards below you don’t really tell you how far you’re hitting it.