Recap: LIVE Q&A with Adams Golf from Wed April 23, 2014

Comments

• chadly643chadly643 Members Posts: 504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 9, 2014 #602
    I'm so excited. I've never won anything like this before. I went with the pro hybrid with the matrix red tie. I'm excited to put it in play. I won't be selling this one!!! Thanks to everyone involved!
  • jmvargasjmvargas Members Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 9, 2014 #603
    jmvargas wrote:

i have complete sets of the forged V3 and V4 irons up to SW and LW and these wedges--and irons-- work out very well for me...

would anyone know the bounce angle of the SW and LW of these sets?

the SW of the V3 is 55* loft while the V4 SW is 54*...

the LW of the V3 is 60* loft while the V4 LW is 59*...

thanks in advance for any replies...

..just got a reply direct from Adams Golf on this for those interested..

SW bounce is 10* and LW is 6*....perfect for my needs!!

..thanks Adams!!!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Giga XF0710* driver/Hirohonma twin marks 355 10.5* driver
    TEE XCG5 16.5* 4W, Giga XF-11 17* 4W
    Daiwa New Super Lady 21* 7W
    Mizuno Intage 27* 9W
    Giga U3 21* hybrid
    Tourstage Viq U5 25* hybrid
    Adams V4 6H/7H
    Adams V4 forged irons 8-PW,GW,SW,LW
    HEAVY PUTTER mid-weight K4 putter
    Sun Mountain H2N0 stand bag
    Wilson Harmonized 55*/60*wedges
    Cleveland 588 56/60
  • jsams222jsams222 Members Posts: 258 ✭✭✭✭
    My first time winning here on GolfWRX. I sent HipCheck my specs for the hybrid, but no response back yet. Should I be concerned? Has anyone else heard back from Hip?
    TM 2016 M1
    Adams Super LS 3w
    Ping G25 Hybrid 17*
    Mizuno MP-H4 4-PW
    Nike SV Tour 50* 54*
    TM Spider Limited Itsy Bitsy
  • fishstix94fishstix94 Members Posts: 1,403 ✭✭
    jsams222 wrote:
    My first time winning here on GolfWRX. I sent HipCheck my specs for the hybrid, but no response back yet. Should I be concerned? Has anyone else heard back from Hip?

Haha I was wondering the same, he never read mine, I figured he got them through his email and sent them to adams. But I don't know!
  • ZAPZAP ClubWRX Posts: 1,625 ClubWRX
    First time winner here too. I figured it would be a few weeks. Of course I check the front porch every day.

While practicing today I was hitting my current hybrid really well so this is going to be an interesting contest.
  • russian7russian7 Members Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    No idea either nothing for me yet
    I just can't wait for it to come in, I want to see that dhy in action!
  • Hou_HaterHou_Hater Members Posts: 233 ✭✭✭
    Nothing has arrived here either.
    TM M1 430 10.5* Tour Green X
    Cally X2Hot 3W & Hybrids 19*,22* X
    Mizuno JPX-825 Pro 4-PW KBS C-Taper X
    Odyssey #9 2.0 - SS Flatso 1.0
    Cleveland CG-15 48*,52* KBS Wedge X
    Vokey SM5 56* KBS Wedge X
    ProV1X
    Got all excited today when the UPS truck stopped in front of the house. He was delivering a continuing education course I need to do. So....yeah....it was sad.
  • HipCheckHipCheck Toed it a lil, Romes. The Right CoastMarshals Posts: 6,289 mod
    Winners: most had to run thru custom, so the estimate for shipping is end of next week. Hang tight!
    Follow our Two Guys Talkin Golf (TG2) Podcast on Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud
     Click here to grab a new "circle" avatar

• chipz02chipz02 Members Posts: 16
    edited May 22, 2014 #612
    Hi guys

I have a Adams xtd ti speedline 5 wood the largest pad on the underside

is missing how do I find a replacement ,

Best regards you do a great job

Albert based in Scotland

(Chipz02)
  • jsams222jsams222 Members Posts: 258 ✭✭✭✭
    HipCheck wrote:

Winners: most had to run thru custom, so the estimate for shipping is end of next week. Hang tight!

Thanks for the update HipCheck!
    TM 2016 M1
    Adams Super LS 3w
    Ping G25 Hybrid 17*
    Mizuno MP-H4 4-PW
    Nike SV Tour 50* 54*
    TM Spider Limited Itsy Bitsy
  • Bunker2BunkerBunker2Bunker Members Posts: 426 ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you Adams and GolfWRX! First time club winner and can't wait drop this guy in my bag...

I was original and got a Pro 23 with the Red Tie... Apparently, just like everyone else...
    G400 LST 10*
    RBZ Tour 14.5
    G400 5w
    Pro '14 23*
    i15 5-W
    588 Satin 50* (51)
    MD4 56S (55), 60X (59)
    Pro Platinum Newport 2 (removed the nickel and now black ox)

• Mustng5Mustng5 Members Posts: 928 ✭✭
    I live in Texas and Adams is not far from me, I believe my 20 degree pro with Adila Tour Green is here!!!
  • Marks23Marks23 Members Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got a call that my club may have arrived as well.
  • Mustng5Mustng5 Members Posts: 928 ✭✭
    Went to the range today, the club is a flat out missle launcher!!! I got 20 degree pro with Adila tour green
    Mustng5 wrote:
    Went to the range today, the club is a flat out missle launcher!!! I got 20 degree pro with Adila tour green

That's awesome man! I'm hoping my dhy comes in this week!
    Mine showed up this morning! And of course... rain scheduled for next few days...
    G400 LST 10*
    RBZ Tour 14.5
    G400 5w
    Pro '14 23*
    i15 5-W
    588 Satin 50* (51)
    MD4 56S (55), 60X (59)

Mine showed up this morning! And of course... rain scheduled for next few days...

Ouch! Find a range with a roof! What setup did you go with?
  • Kylekoz17Kylekoz17 Members Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Got my pro 18* with atx green today!! Can't wait to try it. Thanks again to wrx and Adams golf!
    Rogue Sub Zero 10.5 - Kuro Kage DC TX 60
    TI Taylormade ’16 M2 DF 16.5 - Attas 6star 7X
    '17 Taylormade M1 hybrid - Kuro Kage 80X
    Titleist 716 TMB 3-5 iron AMT X100
    Titleist 718 AP2 6-pw AMT X100
    Custom Oven grind Nike Engage 50 sq, 56 toe sweep
    Custom 1/1 Rory Oven proto 006, Oven Method Matter B2/01
  • jmvargasjmvargas Members Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    i guess this was a one-time deal with Adams as i haven't seen any further participation from them...

oh well...better than nothing i guess...
    Giga XF0710* driver/Hirohonma twin marks 355 10.5* driver
    TEE XCG5 16.5* 4W, Giga XF-11 17* 4W
    Daiwa New Super Lady 21* 7W
    Mizuno Intage 27* 9W
    Giga U3 21* hybrid
    Tourstage Viq U5 25* hybrid
    Adams V4 6H/7H
    Adams V4 forged irons 8-PW,GW,SW,LW
    HEAVY PUTTER mid-weight K4 putter
    Sun Mountain H2N0 stand bag
    Wilson Harmonized 55*/60*wedges
    Cleveland 588 56/60
    Just received my Adams Pro 16 deg. yesterday. Will be testing it out tomorrow and this weekend.

Initial thoughts: The clubhead is much more compact than my older a12 OS Hybrids and I feel more confident over the ball (we'll see if that translates to performance).
    ProV1X
    Hou_Hater wrote:
    Just received my Adams Pro 16 deg. yesterday. Will be testing it out tomorrow and this weekend.

Initial thoughts: The clubhead is much more compact than my older a12 OS Hybrids and I feel more confident over the ball (we'll see if that translates to performance).

What shaft did you end up going with?
    fishstix94 wrote:

Hou_Hater wrote:

What shaft did you end up going with?

Matrix Ozik Red Tie HQ3
    ProV1X
  • azam14azam14 Members Posts: 286 ✭✭✭✭
    Mine got here a few hours ago, took it right out to the range. it is a CANNON!
    Mine was sitting in my kitchen when I got home from work today. After a trip to the pain store and the garden center I hope to test it tonight or tomorrow.
    edited May 30, 2014 #629
    fishstix94 wrote:

Ouch! Find a range with a roof! What setup did you go with?

Chose the 23* Pro with Matrix Red Tie. There was a brief pause in the rain today that just happened to coincide with my lunch break… needless to say, was a little late getting back to the office.

Since I had no idea when the next downpour would occur, I took only two clubs: Adams 23* Pro (contender) and my current gamer, a TaylorMade '09 Rescue TP 22* with SVS8.

I warmed up hitting my the '09TP. Distances seemed normal, 180-190 depending on shot shape. Everything was going just fine, then I swapped. Quick note: these clubs are both stock length from the manufacturer. This means the Adams is 3/4" shorter. And the Adams is smaller… like a much smaller footprint than the '09TP.

First swing, quick duck hook. I stepped back and made a practice swing or two then stepped up. The next twenty range balls were a blur… a wondrous, Disney-princess-eque blur. At one point, I may or may not have slow danced with it… Balls were flying straight with a beautiful trajectory that I can only describe as 7-iron-ish and softly landing… at 195-200… EVERYTIME. I thought maybe I was swinging faster or maybe just endorphins from finally hitting a golf ball after being inside for so long. Another interesting observation, it has a much more of click sound. Like an iron. Not tinny. So hey, maybe try and work this thing. Low cut, that will show it, I thought. Then, BAM. Now, I smashing low draws, high draws, gentle-soft-landing straight-ish draws, high cuts, around-the-tree cuts… If I thought of the shot, I could hit it and with a decent amount of accuracy.

And I should also say, I didn't hit the screws with every one of these swings. No sir, toe shots, one or two thin, a few heal shots, all in all a good assortment of misses. None intentional, I thank you very much. But this thing is WAY more forgiving than the 09TP. I don't know if it is the slots in the top and bottom or the shaft or the fact it is 5 years newer… but whatever it is, I like it.

Let me say one thing. I hate you Adams… there I said it. I was all happy with my current setup and now I am thinking, "If I crush this hybrid that is smaller and shorter than my gamer, what would happen if i had two or three of these in the bag… wait, don't they make irons… and wedges… and fairways… and drivers?" Long story short… Ok there was no short to my story, I have a mild to over-the-top club-crush and am now putting the kids on eBay to try to get a few more of these wonderful sticks.
    G400 LST 10*
    RBZ Tour 14.5
    G400 5w
    Pro '14 23*
    i15 5-W
    588 Satin 50* (51)
    MD4 56S (55), 60X (59)

I got the dhy with a red tie x flex. I hit it a few times today and I was crushing it! I'll get a mini review up in a few days after I can hit it a few more times.
  • ProV1BasherProV1Basher prov1basher Members Posts: 107
    still waiting on mine... cannot wait to get it out.
    Callaway XHot 2 Pro 8.5
    Adams Pro Hybrid 18 degree
    Titleist AP3
    Titlesist Vokey Wedges
    Scotty Cameron Studio

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file