Honma TW727 compared to Mizuno or Titleist 716?

2»

Comments

• dunndunn Members Posts: 6,361 ✭✭
    edited Oct 15, 2018 #32
    Played many mizunos and played TW727 V OR VN (?)....the smallest one they have (there's 3 models and look somewhat similar)

Yea lol more feedback bit solid when you strike em......as good as anything else

When you get into cavityback designs that have been around awhile and their solid one piece not gonna be whole lot of difference, just subtleties.....some notice others not so much

Reason I got em is they were new and $629....never tried honma b4 and had credit so
  • ghoonkghoonk The Hoarder Members Posts: 213 ✭✭
    I hit a set of TW727M irons over at my local fitter and found them pretty decent. Wasn't cheap, a used (but clean) 4-LW (10 clubs) set in modus 120 going for around USD980. That said, I'm not entirely sure that these are still made in Sakata, Japan as Honma has been somewhat sketchy on details - some of the Tour World clubs are made in China apparently.

Good as they are, I'm not sure I'd pay that much for an MIC over an MIJ set :\
    Srixon Z785 w/ stock Miyazaki Mahana (S) shaft
    Srizon F65 3w (15*) w/ stock Miyazaki Kaula (S)
    Srixon Z U85 20* driving iron
    Miura MC501 4-PW w/ TT S300 AMT White (S) shaft
    Miura 50*, 54*, 58* Forged black wedges w/ KBS Tour matt black wedge shafts
    Bettinardi Studio Stock #8 putter
  • xxioxxio Members Posts: 5,673 ✭✭
    ghoonk wrote:

I hit a set of TW727M irons over at my local fitter and found them pretty decent. Wasn't cheap, a used (but clean) 4-LW (10 clubs) set in modus 120 going for around USD980. That said, I'm not entirely sure that these are still made in Sakata, Japan as Honma has been somewhat sketchy on details - some of the Tour World clubs are made in China apparently.

Good as they are, I'm not sure I'd pay that much for an MIC over an MIJ set :\

Only the 737s had models made in China. All previous to the 737, I have been told models after are all going to be made in Japan. I don't know if they can keep up with demand after the start signing the bigger names.

Now you’re making me want to grab the TW727Ms that are sitting in my local store...
    edited Jan 1, 2019 3:35pm #36
    China is just a country

A forged press with QC specifics will still churn out same club whether its USA, Mexico, Japan, Peru it wont matter as long as machine, process and specific tolerance is the same

I've hit the 737 and no different than my 727......
    dunn wrote:

China is just a country

A forged press with QC specifics will still churn out same club whether its USA, Mexico, Japan, Peru it wont matter as long as machine, process and specific tolerance is the same

I've hit the 737 and no different than my 727......

fair point - i'd be curious to see if they (output quality) matches up though.
    Honma or any other company will set the requirements to the foundry for tolerance and quality