Jimmy Ballard

1414243444547»

Comments

• torbilltorbill Members  407WRX Points: 270Posts: 407 Greens

I don’t understand the point of the criticism. You are stating a fact without a conclusion. Am I to believe that I am somehow limited, because I don’t use a top 100 method? Old fashioned? Wrong? It can’t possibly work? I mean... what is your point?

Ballard has worked with more tour pros than anybody else I know of. Their names are known to all of us - Ballesteros, Strange, Dent, Sutton, and on and on. Is there any of the swings of these pros that you and I wouldn’t be proud to own, right now, in 2020? Of course not. These were the best in the game. So, while certain features of the Ballard method may not be currently taught, the method is sound, and there isn’t any question about it.  

A key value of the method is that it teaches a set of mechanical principles that work for any level of player. If I can walk down the street, put one foot in front of the other, I am able to transfer my weight which, along with connection, is the entire basis of the method. Further, for any of us who ever grew up throwing a football or baseball, hitting a baseball, swinging a tennis racket, swinging a hockey stick, etc. the Ballard method is a way of bringing that natural, effortless, athletic motion to golf. And it is simple. Ballard students don’t spend a lot of time with all of the complex mechanics that are being taught these days, in many cases to people who cannot possibly perform the mechanics or even comprehend them. Anybody at any level can do this method, as Ballard has demonstrated over and over.

The Ballard method is body sparing. I don’t know of any Tiger Woods-type multi-back/knee surgery stories for any Ballard player, ever. The modern tour is full of young players who use mechanics that are hurting them right now, in spite of superb conditioning, and their bodies will never hold up over time. I will be 76 years old in a couple of months. Golf used to kill my back. Now my body feels good. I don’t have a back problem anymore.  

You are a 16 and worried about how many tour pros currently use the Ballard method? I am a 5 and would a 3 if I would practice my short game a bit, and I am not a bit worried that the top 100 tour pros do certain things different. I spent 35 years roving from one fad to another, lost in the impenetrable wilderness of golf instruction. Now I use a single, simple set of principles that works for the driver, the putter and everything in between. The only thing that prevents me from being a scratch player or better is my inability to do the method better. I do not need a better method.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • BMCBMC Members  3903WRX Points: 886Handicap: YESPosts: 3,903 Titanium Tees

Henrik Stenson, Jordan Spieth, Rocco Mediate, and Cristie Kerr all use many elements of Ballard's teachings.

Posted:
    PING Rapture(OG) 10.5 driver
    PING Rapture 3 wood
    Cobra Pro hybrids 18 & 23
    Callaway '18 MB irons
    Callaway 56 SW
    Cleveland Classic #2 putter
  • golfer07840golfer07840 Smart ass from Northwest NJMembers  2013WRX Points: 428Handicap: 16.4Posts: 2,013 Platinum Tees

You Ballard guys are like a cult. My goodness.

Posted:

Opinions are my own and are never to be taken seriously.
    and for God's sake, if you're going to whine about Jim Nantz, have the respect to spell his name correctly.
    WITTB:
    Driver: Callaway XHot Pro 9* Stiff
    3W: Tour Edge Exotics 13* Stiff
    3-4 HY: Callaway Rogue Stiff
    5-PW: Callaway Rogue Stiff steel, True Temper
    48* Titleist, 52* Callaway
    Putter: Nike Method
    Ball: ProV1 -- or whatever I find in the woods while looking for my ProV1

• AyersjjAyersjj CoastMembers  300WRX Points: 143Posts: 300 Greens

I try to cover my driver just like my irons and wedges. Its the exact same swing.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-kfsqYMkJjA&t=45s

Posted:

Hogan Apex Edge Pro pw-3i
    Taylormade Tour Preferred R510 9*
    Ping Anser

• golfer07840golfer07840 Smart ass from Northwest NJMembers  2013WRX Points: 428Handicap: 16.4Posts: 2,013 Platinum Tees

Looks good, love the tempo. I'm glad you were able to figure out how to drive it like that. I tried for 20 years, never broke 100.

Posted:

Opinions are my own and are never to be taken seriously.
    and for God's sake, if you're going to whine about Jim Nantz, have the respect to spell his name correctly.
    WITTB:
    Driver: Callaway XHot Pro 9* Stiff
    3W: Tour Edge Exotics 13* Stiff
    3-4 HY: Callaway Rogue Stiff
    5-PW: Callaway Rogue Stiff steel, True Temper
    48* Titleist, 52* Callaway
    Putter: Nike Method
    Ball: ProV1 -- or whatever I find in the woods while looking for my ProV1

JB always told me the key is the shoulders. If the shoulders are not on plane I lift and become armsy. Once u are solid with the coil keep the pressure in shaft in transition.

Posted:
    Post edited by Ayersjj on

Ping Anser

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement

All these closed face younger players Are a high risk for injuries by the time they get to my age @57 U watch...

Get the right arm in position

video link below

https://vimeo.com/

Posted:

Ping Anser

• Jersey golferJersey golfer Members  482WRX Points: 95Handicap: 14.9Posts: 482 Greens

Appreciate your posting the video it clarifies a lot. I have always had difficulty pushing off from the right foot and feel like my arms/hands start the downswing. Thought you might have some input as to how you fire the right side.

Posted:

Jersey. Good question. JB emphasis it to “be up” to hit down. In Goto 11:30 in video

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hX7A913vKy8

Posted:

Ping Anser

Posted:

Ping Anser

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.