People who live on a course: what is your favorite gift or purchase?

hwturner17hwturner17 Members Posts: 317 ✭✭
Looking for some gift ideas for someone that's about to move into a house on their favorite course. Does anyone have any useful, interesting, thoughtful gift ideas they can share?
Driver: Ping G410 Plus
FW: Ping Anser 4 wood
Irons: Ping i210 4-U
Wedges: 54/58 MD Forged
Putter: Odyssey #7

Ball: revolving door

Comments

• cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Members Posts: 11,656 ✭✭
    bullet proof windows
    Ping G400 LST 11* Mitsu TI BB Matte 53x
    Callaway GBB 3w 14* Mitsu Blueboard 63x
    Ping G400 5w 17* Fubuki Tour 73x
    Callaway V-series Hwood Fuji TS 8.2s
    Callaway Apex 4h 23* Fujikura 904HBs
    Ping Rapture 5-PW Aldila NV MLTi Pro105x
    Ping iWedge 50* Aldila NV 105x
    Ping Glide SS 53* & ES 59* Wrx SF125s
    Piretti Matera Elite (torched)
  • swizbeatzswizbeatz Members Posts: 5,597 ✭✭
    Are they in a location that will get golf balls? I like the signs that say something to the effect of "you may retrieve your ball within reason but no play from yard" or something to that affect. Sets expectations without needing to be a ****.

Are they buying a cart? Maybe and accessory for that. I had a USB phone charger installed for <$150.
    Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link
  • dcmidnightdcmidnight Marshals, BST Volunteer Mods Posts: 11,572 mod
    swizbeatz wrote:

Are they in a location that will get golf balls? I like the signs that say something to the effect of "you may retrieve your ball within reason but no play from yard" or something to that affect. Sets expectations without needing to be a ****.

Are they buying a cart? Maybe and accessory for that. I had a USB phone charger installed for <$150.

On one of the OB holes at my course the woman bought an old milk crate to hang on the outside of her fence. People cant get into the yard bc of the fence but if you come back the next day you will probably find your ball in the crate.
    M3 12* - AD-DI6x Black
    M4 3W - AD-DI6s Black
    Epic 3h - GD Tour ADs / Epic 3i - Steelfiber 95 s
    M3 5h - Atmos Red s
    TM M5 6-AW Steelfiber 95 s
    TM Milled Grind 54* / Hi Toe 60*
    Cure CX2 35" / TM TP5
  • j.b.newtonj.b.newton Members Posts: 584 ✭✭
    dcmidnight wrote:

swizbeatz wrote:

On one of the OB holes at my course the woman bought an old milk crate to hang on the outside of her fence. People cant get into the yard bc of the fence but if you come back the next day you will probably find your ball in the crate.

That is AWESOME!!
  • hwturner17hwturner17 Members Posts: 317 ✭✭
    cardoustie wrote:

bullet proof windows
    lol luckily for him that won't be an issue unless someone can thread the needle with an all-snap hook

• hwturner17hwturner17 Members Posts: 317 ✭✭
    edited Jul 10, 2018 #7
    swizbeatz wrote:

That's a good idea! And yes, he'll likely get some balls in or around his yard on a regular basis. He also has some water holes within a short walk of his yard. I might get him a UV flash light and a ball retriever. That would be a fun activity for his kids while also boosting his ball stash

edit: He just got a golf cart but it won't be used on the course. He has to pay a cart fee either way, so he's going to let the wear and tear add up on the course carts, but his will be used plenty. Charger is a great idea

• 2putttom2putttom # 1 Oregon Duck fan Members Posts: 9,775 ✭✭
    Bentley-Golf-Cart.jpg Bazinga!
    Tour Exotics E 10 15*
    Srixon 785's w/G P MCC plus 4
    Mizuno T 7 52 MP T7 56 &60
    Bobby Grace [font=comic sans ms,cursive]SNYPER [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]II [/font][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]46"[/font][/font]
    Oregon Ducks Bag
  • SlamManSlamMan Members Posts: 211
    A helmet.
  • WalterWalter Belgian Golfer Members Posts: 700 ✭✭
    dcmidnight wrote:

swizbeatz wrote:

Class act !!!!!!
    Countdown for Augusta!!!
  • WalterWalter Belgian Golfer Members Posts: 700 ✭✭
    A Nice outdoors wooden

Bench with an engraving " 19th hole @ Home"
    Countdown for Augusta!!!