New oakley golf prizm

While at the oakley store today I was informed theyre coming out with a new oakley golf prizm thats a bit darker for higher light conditions, pretty good idea imho. They had some to try on and they seemed nice! Ive always been a fan on the original one so its good to see some improvements or other options coming out.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got the golf prizm in a set of Radar EV. Haven't gotten them on the course yet. Was about to buy the Fire Iridium for higher intensity light days, but a darker golf version is interesting. From what I've seen on the website and also in the accessory sub forum here, that lens is not offered yet in the radar style (just Flak and maybe one other?).

While at the oakley store today I was informed theyre coming out with a new oakley golf prizm thats a bit darker for higher light conditions, pretty good idea imho. They had some to try on and they seemed nice! Ive always been a fan on the original one so its good to see some improvements or other options coming out.

I bought a pair of the golf prizm dark. While I loved the lighter ones, the darker are good for all the time usage.

I tried the new Targetline yesterday with the Prizm dark, they were very nice. I have to normal prizm but to me they are a bit bright at time. I'll probably end up getting these.

Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+

Oakley has the Dark Golf that allows 22% light from the original 30%.

Titleist TS2 9.5*, EvenFlow T1100 White 65X
Ping Crossover G 18*, Ping Tour 85X
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 3-PW, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Mizuno S18 Gun Metal 50*07, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Mizuno S18 Gun Metal 54*12, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Mizuno S18 Gun Metal 58*8, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Titleist Studio Design 1.5 Custom Shop
Snell MTB Black

Got my regular golf prizm yesterday. I 100% am going to probably want to get the golf dark... In today's bright sunny sky I could barely look around toward the sky without feeling blinded. Going to buy the golf dark (22% VLT), +red iridium (16%) and fire iridium (16%). Might be returning the regular golf prizm... They are probably only ideal in medium to lower light conditions.

Got my regular golf prizm yesterday. I 100% am going to probably want to get the golf dark... In today's bright sunny sky I could barely look around toward the sky without feeling blinded. Going to buy the golf dark (22% VLT), +red iridium (16%) and fire iridium (16%). Might be returning the regular golf prizm... They are probably only ideal in medium to lower light conditions.

I've worn the regular Prizm every day I've played since I got them and they are...fine.

But I wore the Dark Prizm last night around the yard and they definitely are a shade darker - as the name would suggest LOL. Looking forward to getting out in them this weekend.

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*  Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Kaili Red 75s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

I've worn the regular Prizm every day I've played since I got them and they are...fine.

But I wore the Dark Prizm last night around the yard and they definitely are a shade darker - as the name would suggest LOL. Looking forward to getting out in them this weekend.

I'm somewhat light sensitive... I have pretty bad dry eye and overall I find myself wearing shades almost anytime I am outdoors. To me... the regular golf did a GREAT job at highlighting the grass and has a wonderful contrast, but with no clouds at all in the sky and a high sun...just was too much brightness.

Ordered the dark just now on Amazon in the Flak 2.0 XL frame, and 4 sets of replacement lens direct from oakley (+red irid, fire irid, prizm shallow water polar, prizm deepwater polar). All have rose base and a <20% VLT. Keep the best and return the rest.

been wearing the Prizm Golf since they've been out and have never had issues with them. wear them in all conditions. i would like to try out the darker ones.

I'm somewhat light sensitive... I have pretty bad dry eye and overall I find myself wearing shades almost anytime I am outdoors. To me... the regular golf did a GREAT job at highlighting the grass and has a wonderful contrast, but with no clouds at all in the sky and a high sun...just was too much brightness.

Ordered the dark just now on Amazon in the Flak 2.0 XL frame, and 4 sets of replacement lens direct from oakley (+red irid, fire irid, prizm shallow water polar, prizm deepwater polar). All have rose base and a <20% VLT. Keep the best and return the rest.

the deep water prizm's look great. i think that may be my next one. I wish they made +red in polarized XL. was my favorite lens when i used my Fast Jackets.

Ping G430 MAX Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
ZX Utility 4i Recoil F4 110
Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Nippon Modus 120S
SM6 52.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
restoration on my Mil-Spec

Yeah on some of the forums, other than the tried and true VR/G30 lens, the most recommended after that was +red iridium. Fire also gets a decent amount of positive attention.

Knowing me I'll end up keeping them all, maybe the shallow water could be redundant since it's not a whole lot different than deep water. I finally have stopped ho'ing clubs... now I'm ho'ing shades.

been wearing the Prizm Golf since they've been out and have never had issues with them. wear them in all conditions. i would like to try out the darker ones.

the deep water prizm's look great. i think that may be my next one. I wish they made +red in polarized XL. was my favorite lens when i used my Fast Jackets.

The Deep Water Prizm's are a fantastic lens, I have them in a pair of Straightlink frames that I use for Beach/Fishing/Boating. Being that they are 12% VLT they are definitely the best Prizm lens for bright light in my opinion, and have a nice subtle rose hue that really enhances contrast. They would probably be my go-to bright day golf lens, except for me there is a noticeable distortion on electronic screens due to the polarization, as well as some distortion when looking through my rangefinder. This isn't an issue when I am fishing as I rarely look at my phone, but that is not the case while on the course.

YMMV, and if you aren't someone that leaves there sunglasses on to use your rangefinder or look at your GPS/phone/etc, or if you don't notice the distortion, they are an awesome lens.

Does Oakley ever have sales on their website or promo codes come out or can anyone recommend a place where you have purchased during an xx percent off sale that Oakley was included?

My last ones I bought from amazon but I may try out some targetline with dark golf and they seem to be the same price everywhere

Last time I was in the store they were running a $60 off on a complete set, which I jumped on, but I never saw it advertised anywhere.

If you sign up for the Sunglasses Hut e-mail, they have coupons all the time that can be used on Oakley (they are owned by the same company), and I've had luck using those coupons in the Oakley store as well. If you don't have an Oakley store near you, you could try talking to an online customer service rep and see if you can get them to honor it.

Sto Pro Veritate

Have the original, I really like them in all sunlight conditions and even light overcast.I find it easier to see the ball in the air and on the ground.

I've tried darker lenses (non Prizm) and found I was always on and off in and out of the shade. Not the case with the Golf Prizm.

Callaway GBB 9° UST Proforce V2
TEE XCG7 15°Aerotech SS65
Adams XTD Ti 20° & 23° MRC Tensei Blue
Callaway XR Steele Head 5-A

Tryouts now open
Ping Karsten TR Pal or Yes! Tracy or Odyssey White Hot XG7 or...

So I tried the golf prizm on course later in the day from my comment above. I actually think these worked well. So my conclusion is that these are not good driving glasses or glasses for when the sun is kind of low in the sky, such as early mornings/evenings.They let in too much light for me in those conditions. Still trying out golf dark to see how they go. They really make the green of the grass pop.

• 5 weeks later...

anyone try the prizm dark golf in the flak draft? Disappointed that there's no replacement lenses available; only a few styles (targetline and crossrange in addition to flak draft I think) that have the dark golf. I emailed Oakley a few weeks ago and was told there is no immediate plan to offer additional styles with prizm golf dark or to offer the lenses as a replacement lens.

curious how people are liking the dark golf vs standard prizm golf. also curious how big the flak draft is compared to regular flak jacket.

thanks

I really like the Prizm Sapphire. Seems to work well in bright and somewhat overcast conditions. I agree the original Prizm golf doesn't filter enough bright light for me as well. I'm guessing it's a prefect fall lens though. BB

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

I find these threads fascinating.

I have 44 pairs of Oakley so love mine.

I own Prizm Field, Prizm Golf and Prizm Road in pairs of Flak 2.0.

I use the Golf on partly cloudy days and Field on sunny days. Would not use Road for golf as different base, the point is to see the grass tones better as well as the ball in the air.

I am happy with the glass I have for golf so will not bother to buy the dark, it will be very similar to the Field.

• Titleist TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
  • Taylormade Sim2 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • TM Stealth 2 Iron or Ping i59 3 iron Project X 7.0
  • Artisan MB 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217