Free m5 driver if Rory wins PGA

larciellarciel I play for eagleMembers Posts: 2,257 ✭✭
edited Apr 21, 2019 11:14pm in Deal or No Deal? #1

https://m.golfgalaxy.com/s/rorywins

Last time tmag ran this, DJ 3 putted last hole to lose by 1.

It's no purchase necessary. You just have to visit store and get a voucher... and hope Rory pulls it off!!

Post edited by larciel on

Comments

• third-times-a-charmthird-times-a-charm Members Posts: 1,499 ✭✭

So you can get a voucher without buying the driver? The link says buy one from Apr 20-May 15

Long Live Nike
  • jschwarbjschwarb Members Posts: 761 ✭✭

@third-times-a-charm said:
    So you can get a voucher without buying the driver? The link says buy one from Apr 20-May 15

The fine print says you can get a voucher, "no purchase necessary." Which the sales associates will either roll their eyes at or, at worst, argue with you, but that's clearly in the rules. Looks like I'll be hitting GG in the next couple weeks.

• NJGolfer0624NJGolfer0624 Members Posts: 118 ✭✭

Have there been any of these promos that have paid off? Phil at the 2010 Masters?

• coach_harris1coach_harris1 Members Posts: 903 ✭✭

I’ll be getting a voucher for sure. Nothing to lose.

• theboypinoytheboypinoy Members Posts: 2,075 ✭✭

Looks like I'll be getting a voucher. Thanks for the heads up!

@NJGolfer0624 said:
    Have there been any of these promos that have paid off? Phil at the 2010 Masters?

I know one of them paid off and believe it was a Phil major, so you might be right. Callaway got a nice publicity boost that was probably worth all the free drivers. And I'd guess they had some kind of insurance policy anyway.

• NJGolfer0624NJGolfer0624 Members Posts: 118 ✭✭

Oh yea, it certainly is an insurance thing!

• jeenyusssjeenyusss Members Posts: 491 ✭✭

can anyone confirm you can just go get a voucher at dsg without buying anything

• Damenace613Damenace613 Sunny San DiegoClubWRX Posts: 617 ClubWRX

I was going to try at local Golf Galaxy later today but this is what is in the fine print:

"To participate without making a Qualifying Purchase, during the Promotion Period, visit a participating Dick’s Sporting Goods or Golf Galaxy location in the United States and obtain a unique numbered Refund Promotion form from a sales associate. Refund Promotion forms will not be available after ordinary business hours of participating stores on May 15, 2019."

"To claim your free driver if you did not make a Qualifying Purchase, mail your completed original Refund Promotion form (name, address, phone number, email address (optional)), and whether you want an M5 or M6 driver in a hand-addressed, stamped envelope to retailcomm / Attn: Rory Wins Sweepstakes / 13810 Welch Road, Dallas, TX, 75244. Each Refund Promotion form is uniquely numbered and can only be used once. No photocopied or mechanically reproduced forms will be accepted. No responsibility is assumed by Promotion Parties for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, stolen, postage due or misdirected Refund Promotion forms or mail. Refund Promotion forms must be legibly hand written. Mechanical reproductions, postage-due Refund Promotion forms, or Refund Promotion forms sent in excess of the entry limit set forth herein will not be accepted. Refund Promotion forms received without a verifiable and legible return address will be deemed incomplete and not valid. Free driver requests must be postmarked by May 30, 2019 and received no later than June 5, 2019. "

TaylorMade M2 2016 Fujikura Ventus
    TaylorMade M1 2017 3HL
    Cobra F6 Baffler
    TaylorMade RSi2 B Version 4-PW Modus3 Tour 120
    TaylorMade PSi AW C-Taper 105
    Cleveland RTX 3.0 54*
    Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 60*
    TaylorMade Spider Tour Black (T-sightline)
  • jeenyusssjeenyusss Members Posts: 491 ✭✭

so the answer is yes but only certain stores are participating?

• Damenace613Damenace613 Sunny San DiegoClubWRX Posts: 617 ClubWRX

@jeenyusss said:
    so the answer is yes but only certain stores are participating?

I just called my local store and they confirmed participation. I suspect that most would participate given the reach of Dick's/Golf Galaxy.

TaylorMade M2 2016 Fujikura Ventus
    TaylorMade M1 2017 3HL
    Cobra F6 Baffler
    TaylorMade RSi2 B Version 4-PW Modus3 Tour 120
    TaylorMade PSi AW C-Taper 105
    Cleveland RTX 3.0 54*
    Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 60*
    TaylorMade Spider Tour Black (T-sightline)
  • earleyrcearleyrc Members Posts: 391 ✭✭

It's legit. I picked one up today at my local DSG.. Only problem (for me at least) is they don't give you an option to pick LH head.. I guess if Rory wins I will have a club I can't use.

Driver (9.5°) - Titleist TS3 Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 74
    Wood (15°) - Titleist 915Fd Diamana D+ White 80
    Hybrid (19°) - Titleist 913h Diamana S+ Blue 82
    Irons (4-9) - Titleist 718AP2 DG S300 AMT
    Wedges (46.08F, 50.08F) - Vokey SM6 DG S200
    Wedges (54.10,58.10) - Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 DG S200
    Flat Stick (34") - Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Matador Mid
  • swish16swish16 Members Posts: 241 ✭✭

Just picked one up at my local dsg... They asked when I purchased my driver and after pointing out the no purchase necessary part they gave me the voucher

• Krt22Krt22 Members Posts: 6,504 ✭✭

Picked up mine as well. Tweedle dee and tweedle dumb at the register also gave me the purchase story, I also pointed out the entry form clearly says no purchase necessary. They sat there with their mouths opened as I tore one off

• earleyrcearleyrc Members Posts: 391 ✭✭

@Krt22 said:
    Picked up mine as well. Tweedle dee and tweedle dumb at the register also gave me the purchase story, I also pointed out the entry form clearly says no purchase necessary. They sat there with their mouths opened as I tore one off

Yea it's unfortunate that dsg is the only place around me has a great selection of golf equipment/apparel. They are mostly high school kids actually earning a paycheck so I don't get too irritated when they don't know what they are talking about.. wish we had something in the NE that compared to Roger Dunn in SoCal.

Driver (9.5°) - Titleist TS3 Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 74
    Wood (15°) - Titleist 915Fd Diamana D+ White 80
    Hybrid (19°) - Titleist 913h Diamana S+ Blue 82
    Irons (4-9) - Titleist 718AP2 DG S300 AMT
    Wedges (46.08F, 50.08F) - Vokey SM6 DG S200
    Wedges (54.10,58.10) - Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 DG S200
    Flat Stick (34") - Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Matador Mid
  • superXsuperX Members Posts: 10 ✭✭

Can anyone that was able to get the form chime in and tell me what they looked like? I went to Dick's today and asked about the form; the sales associate gave me a small 3"x4" "No Purchase Entry Request Form." There is no "unique" # on the form. Is this form just to mail in and receive the "unique" #'d form?

• swish16swish16 Members Posts: 241 ✭✭

Bottom right corner in small red print is where the unique I'd is

Thanks. The form they gave me must have been a copy, as it does not have a red identification # on it. That is very disappointing.

• MaineMarinerMaineMariner Members Posts: 331 ✭✭
    edited Apr 28, 2019 5:59pm #20

The guy at the counter at my local Golf Galaxy had the correct form in his hand before I could finish my sentence. You might have more luck at GG rather than DSG.

Also, I have no idea how this promotion makes any sense for GG/DSG/Taylormade. They must be banking on not many people entering.

Callaway Big Bertha Fusion Heavy driver, Aldila Rogue M-AX 75
    Callaway Big Bertha Fusion 3 Wood, Aldila Tour Blue 85
    Cobra King F6 Baffler, Aldila Tour Blue 85
    Srixon Z H45 4 hybrid
    Srixon Z 565 irons, 5 - AW, Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120
    Callaway MD3 Milled S Grind 54 deg.
    Callaway Mac Daddy PM Grind 58 deg.
    Odyssey Arm Lock Double Wide, Rosemark 7Teen grip

@MaineMariner said:
    The guy at the counter at my local Golf Galaxy had the correct form in his hand before I could finish my sentence. You might have more luck at GG rather than DSG.

Also, I have no idea how this promotion makes any sense for GG/DSG/Taylormade. They must be banking on not many people entering.

It's a PR move. I'm not a Callaway guy but I remember when Phil won the Masters in a promotion like this and how much publicity Callaway got. As for the financials, none of the companies would be out any $$ except the insurance cost for the whole thing.

And I bet not as many people know about the "no purchase necessary" part. No one reads the fine print. Golf junkies do, but we're a very small part of the golf population.

Is there anyone that is getting a form for themselves, that would be willing to get an extra one and drop it in the mail? If so PM me, I'd be willing to drop a sleeve of premium balls in the mail to compensate you for your time.

Thanks guys, I have someone willing to send me one.

• MocGolferMocGolfer Sponsors Posts: 280 ✭✭

Exactly what is the procedure if you don't buy one in advance and Rory wins? When do we mail the form in? Do they mail us a voucher good for a driver at DSG/GG or mail us a driver? Thanks

• bobcat88bobcat88 Members Posts: 244 ✭✭

I'm just imagining the giant influx of M5s and M6s on the BST if he wins.

• grm24grm24 Western PAMembers Posts: 3,114 ✭✭

@MocGolfer said:
    Exactly what is the procedure if you don't buy one in advance and Rory wins? When do we mail the form in? Do they mail us a voucher good for a driver at DSG/GG or mail us a driver? Thanks

Taken from the link provided in the first post of the thread.

To claim your free driver if you did not make a Qualifying Purchase, mail your completed original Refund Promotion form (name, address, phone number, email address (optional)), and whether you want an M5 or M6 driver in a hand-addressed, stamped envelope to retailcomm / Attn: Rory Wins Sweepstakes / 13810 Welch Road, Dallas, TX, 75244. Each Refund Promotion form is uniquely numbered and can only be used once. No photocopied or mechanically reproduced forms will be accepted. No responsibility is assumed by Promotion Parties for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, stolen, postage due or misdirected Refund Promotion forms or mail. Refund Promotion forms must be legibly hand written. Mechanical reproductions, postage-due Refund Promotion forms, or Refund Promotion forms sent in excess of the entry limit set forth herein will not be accepted. Refund Promotion forms received without a verifiable and legible return address will be deemed incomplete and not valid. Free driver requests must be postmarked by May 30, 2019 and received no later than June 5, 2019.

@bobcat88 said:
    I'm just imagining the giant influx of M5s and M6s on the BST if he wins.

I help run a summer scholarship golf tournament and my M5 would go straight to that. Getting all the other guys who run the tournament in on this deal, would be spectacular if our modest 50-player outing had six drivers up for grabs on the raffle table!

• cbbaroncbbaron Members Posts: 1,031 ✭✭

@Krt22 said:

Guess you showed them

Driver Ping G400 Max Hzrdas Yellow
    3w Titleist 915 Aldila Silver
    19 degree Titleist 818 Tensei White
    22 degree Titleist 818 Tensei White
    5- GW. Mizuno Hot Metal Pro Series Nippon Modus 120
    Sw Vokey 54 SM7 S grind
    LW Vokey 58 SM5 S grind
    Putter Scotty Cameron Newport Select Fastback 2
  • Krt22Krt22 Members Posts: 6,504 ✭✭

@cbbaron said:

@Krt22 said:

Guess you showed them

**** skippy I did. I may have to go back and get another.

• cbbaroncbbaron Members Posts: 1,031 ✭✭

@Krt22 said:

@cbbaron said:

@Krt22 said:

Guess you showed them

Would you grab me on then Im too busy on my yacht

Driver Ping G400 Max Hzrdas Yellow
    3w Titleist 915 Aldila Silver
    19 degree Titleist 818 Tensei White
    22 degree Titleist 818 Tensei White
    5- GW. Mizuno Hot Metal Pro Series Nippon Modus 120
    Sw Vokey 54 SM7 S grind
    LW Vokey 58 SM5 S grind
    Putter Scotty Cameron Newport Select Fastback 2
  • ckayckay Members Posts: 3,923 ✭✭

@cbbaron said:

@Krt22 said:

@cbbaron said:

@Krt22 said:

Guess you showed them

Would you grab me on then Im too busy on my yacht

Peasant, I’m about to board my shuttle to Mars.

Taylormade M4 440 10* Tensei White Pro 60TX
    Taylormade M2 Tour 16.5* Atmos Blue 7x
    Taylormade M2 L.I.F.T. 2 KBS Hybrid Proto 85x
    Miura CB57 Nippon SPB X
    Vokey CF 52F/56M/60M S400 Onyx
    Cameron Cami & Co Newport Beach 34/350

WITB Link