Iomic Sticky 2.3

xabiaxabia Members Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Iomic Sticky 2.3 Grips I keep seeing these all over ebay for ridiculously cheap prices.. they can't possibly be authentic right?
They are usually 12 a piece, so selling a 13pc set for 40 seems like an impossible deal.
Does anyone know of an ebay seller or place to get truly authentic versions of these grips for reasonable prices?

Mayfield Sand Ridge CC
TI 16 M2 Accra TZ6 M5 / M5 VA Drago 65Stiff
M6 Tensei Blue 70TX / M4 Atoms Tour Spec 7S
T1 M2 16.5 Evenflow Black 75 6.5
P760 4-P Modus 105X
SM7 Raw 52 F  / Vokey SM7 Raw 56* / SM7 60D Raw
Futura 5W custom slant neck

Comments

• GoIrish17GoIrish17 Members Posts: 5,764 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

The secret to buying grips from eBay is to stop looking for “steals”. Buy from known sellers at prices around retail, if you want to eliminate the likelihood of receiving fakes. On eBay if it’s too good to be true, it probably is. I buy all of my grips off of eBay at around a 99% success rate (only once have I gotten fakes, and it was taking a chance on an auction by a private seller), by only buying from authorized retailers with eBay storefronts. I buy most of my grips from eBay, and I don’t do it to save money - simply for the convenience of not having to drive to the store.

Honestly, if a seller is selling sets of grips that’d normally retail for $100 more than they’re selling for, what do you think the chances are that they’re authentic?

Driver: Ping G400 LST 8° | HC Evenflow Black 65 (thoughts arrive like butterflies)
    3wd: TaylorMade M4 Tour 15° | Kuro Kage XT 70
    Hybrid: Callaway X2Hot Pro 18° | Fujikura Speeder 8.8
    Driving Iron: Callaway X Forged UT 21° | AD DI 105
    Irons: Srixon 785 5-PW | Recoil 110
    Wedges: Vokey 48° F (handground S), 54° M, 58° V | KBS 610
    Putters: Byron Morgan DH 89
    MannKrafted MA66
    Cameron AOP Oil Can Newport
    Tad Moore 1S Prototype

• payerasjlpayerasjl Members Posts: 770 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just picked up a dozen from DSG with their 20% offer / ebates

CLO-MIA-DCA-BOG
    Get scratch or die trying
  • RodrigoNicelyRodrigoNicely Members Posts: 782 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have 2.3 on my irons I love them!! Got them on the Bay. Paid a little under retail. Like poster above said just look for reputable seller you can still find deals. I was able to dip into auction on grips last minute and got them for a steal as well. You just have to look around.

• xabiaxabia Members Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I totally get what you guys are saying and feel like that was the point I was trying to make. For those prices I know they are fake, but I am having trouble wading through the sea of fakes to find the real ones. Will keep looking and check on feedback
    if anyone can PM me the name of a seller they picked up legit ones from that would be great

Mayfield Sand Ridge CC
    TI 16 M2 Accra TZ6 M5 / M5 VA Drago 65Stiff
    M6 Tensei Blue 70TX / M4 Atoms Tour Spec 7S
    T1 M2 16.5 Evenflow Black 75 6.5
    P760 4-P Modus 105X
    SM7 Raw 52 F  / Vokey SM7 Raw 56* / SM7 60D Raw
    Futura 5W custom slant neck
  • SubaruWRXSubaruWRX Members Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I buy Iomic from regripit.com

Great prices and the real deal. Usually free shipping with orders over $35?

“I think getting advice from guys who are sitting at the computer in their underwear while taking a break from **** is a very solid way to choose clubs.” - bluedot
  • zip7111zip7111 Members Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 11, 2019 6:53pm #7

Just buy some from Iomic.com. Usually Iomic grips aren’t much cheaper on eBay anyway if they are legit.

• KaBoom21KaBoom21 Members Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I bought a lime-green grip that was an obvious fake once it showed up. Nevermind the strong chemical smell, it was like a Tour Velvet! Nothing even close to a real one. I told the seller and he was like "Really??? I have them on all my irons" :lol: After I educated the guy, he refused to refund me and had the nerve to say he couldn't refund my shipping costs because he wasn't aware at the time the grip was fake. What a complete tool.

But yeah those listings are ones to avoid.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file