***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

Anyway to get on the Honors Course?

OnTour ·  
OnTourOnTour Members  3WRX Points: 13Posts: 3 Starters

My father-in-law is a rabid golfer & turning 70. He lives about an hour away and I'd love to get him on the course for his 70th. It's a longshot, but anyone have connections there?

Posted:

Comments

• krtgolfingkrtgolfing Members  1117WRX Points: 104Handicap: 9.3Posts: 1,117 Platinum Tees

Got to love the people with 1 posts asking about wanting to play a private course...

Posted:
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero Driver
    Taylor Made M2 3 Wood
    Taylor Made M2 3 Hybrid
    Taylor Made PSI 4 Iron - Approach Wedge
    Titleist Vokey SM5 54* & 60*
    Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Double Wide Flow Neck Putter
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • 88alphaK1NG88alphaK1NG Members  4WRX Points: 5Posts: 4 Starters

no guests this year, but easiest bet would be to be a member at a highly ranked course yourself and have your pro call next year.

Posted:
  • MaxBuckMaxBuck Members  526WRX Points: 270Posts: 526 Golden Tee

As with any top golf course, Google the club name and "charity event" and you'll find your answer.

You could buy him a place in the 2021 event.

Posted:
  • krtgolfingkrtgolfing Members  1117WRX Points: 104Handicap: 9.3Posts: 1,117 Platinum Tees
    Posted:
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero Driver
    Taylor Made M2 3 Wood
    Taylor Made M2 3 Hybrid
    Taylor Made PSI 4 Iron - Approach Wedge
    Titleist Vokey SM5 54* & 60*
    Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Double Wide Flow Neck Putter
  • caniac6caniac6 Members  3657WRX Points: 1,314Handicap: 4Posts: 3,657 Titanium Tees

I wasn't aware there was a number of posts, or a period of time someone has to be on here before asking a question.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • DLiverDLiver Members  2866WRX Points: 328Handicap: 2.2Posts: 2,866 Titanium Tees

Yeah to throw shade on someone asking for help to try to do something nice for his FIL is really bad form.

OP if you below to a club, I would try having your pro call and ask about trying to arrange a round. Good luck!

Posted:
  • me05501me05501 Members  445WRX Points: 36Posts: 445 Greens

I live in Chattanooga and have played The Honors as a guest a few times.

All guests must be accompanied by a member. I'm unaware of any exceptions to this rule.

The times I've played there were casually organized by an Honors member who sells his services into my office. For him to host 3-4 foursomes he had to recruit other members to host the additional groups.

Good luck!

Posted:
  • DestroyerDestroyer Members  337WRX Points: 64Handicap: 7.9Posts: 337 Greens

it might be tougher right now cause of the covid thing. i don't think they are allowing anyone who is not a member play to right now. i know a few years ago it got easier to play but the have really tightened up over the past few years. as much as i hate to say it, good luck.

Posted:
  • OnTourOnTour Members  3WRX Points: 13Posts: 3 Starters

Thanks for the answers!

Posted:
  • cristphotocristphoto Members  4062WRX Points: 415Handicap: 7Posts: 4,062 Titanium Tees

As long as this virus hangs over everyone's heads most privates aren't allowing outside play (or extremely minimizing it). Shoot for something a bit more attainable. If he's 70 he might not like going out and playing with total strangers now.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • EreimEreim In Hoc Signo Vinces Members  652WRX Points: 173Handicap: 7.7Posts: 652 Golden Tee

Like most uber private clubs, you must know and play with a member. I'm playing there Wednesday and Thursday for the first time.

Posted:
    Taylormade M1 9.5 Project X T1100 6.0<br /><br /> Callaway Rogue 15° Project X EvenFlow Blue 75 <br /><br /> Callaway Rogue 19°, 24° Project X EvenFlow Blue 85 <br /><br /> Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi 5-6 & MMC 7-9 True Temper Dynamic Gold AMT X100 <br /><br /> SM7 Vokey 46.10F, 50.12F, 54.14F, 58.12D Tour White AMT S400 & Bettinardi Inovai 3.0
  • driveandputtmachinedriveandputtmachine 4 wedges or 2 iron? That is the question! Members  1569WRX Points: 346Handicap: 0.0Posts: 1,569 Platinum Tees

No guests allowed at this time at Honors. There are quite a few folks that are members at courses in Atlanta that are members there.

Members can only bring three guests at a time(members must accompany guests) and there is a limit (during non covid) about how many guests you can bring in a year and month. Last time I went was with six from my office and two members trying to sell us on a product. We stayed in the cabins there on site and we played 36 on Friday walking with caddies for the first 18 and riding the second) and 18 on Saturday walking with caddies. You have to get approval to use a cart, and they frown on having guests ride at all from what I am told.

Any time you want to get onto a private course, your best bet is through your pro at your course. If you are not a member at a private club your next best bet is to look up charity events at the course in question. Next best bet would be through your friends that play golf and possibly folks you work with. I can almost guarantee that there isn't a member at Honors level type course that are going to use their limited number of guest availability bringing someone they do not know and met on the internet to play their course. Almost all of these folks have guests that they know lined up for year or so ahead of time.

Posted:
    Driver - Ping G400 Max on Tour 75 shaft
    Fairway - TM M5 on Project X HZRDOUS Yellow
    Hybrid - Ping G400 on Tour shaft
    Irons - (5) Cobra Speed Zone on Project X Catalyst 100
    Irons - (6) Srixon 565 on Recoil 110
    Irons (7-W) Srixon 765 on Recoil 110
    Wedges - Cleveland CB2 50* and 54*, Cleveland RTX 4 58* and 62* all on UST Recoil 110
    Putter - Mannkrafted MA/66 or Taylor Made Spider Tour
    Ball - Srixon Z Star or Z Star XV
  • jjthomp2jjthomp2 Members  317WRX Points: 155Handicap: 3Posts: 317 Greens

^ i do agree with everything just stated above i do have 1 outlier situation that played out in my favor...

I was perusing my instagram feed a few years back and saw the milk jug logo of McArthur Golf Club. Normally i would just stroll right on by but decided to read the caption underneath. The poster was asking if anyone wanted to join him on the upcoming Friday for a round out there. I thought it was too good to be true (didn't know the guy the account was just golf no personal anything) but decided to drop him a message. He accepted! Anyways super good dude, we did in fact play McArthur and it was fabulous. So yeah not saying it's impossible but it's definitely tough

best of luck!

Posted:
    Taylormade M3 440 9.0
    Titleist 906F4 15.5
    Titleist 816 H2 21.0
    Mizuno MP-20 4-P
    Mizuno T20 50,55,60
    Scotty Cameron Squareback

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.