Push Carts - Average age of owner?

Comments

• BadaxeBadaxe Members Posts: 79
    51 years old and just ordered my first push cart.

• dlholdendlholden Members Posts: 79 ✭✭
    31 and I agree with iballman. It is great to be able to walk 18 and not feel like I got a beating the next day. Getting older stinks.
  • BRIDGESTONE1BRIDGESTONE1 Members Posts: 452 ✭✭
    PUSH CARTS = D O N ' T D O I T !!!!!!
    TM 2017 M2 9.5 Aldila Rogue 70X
    TM RBZ Tour 14.5 Diamana Ahina 72X
    Bridgestone J38 3-PW KBS C-Taper 125S+
    Bridgestone J40 54* / 60* DG Spinner
    Odyssey #7 Tank
  • GooseHookGooseHook Keep it Fraiche Members Posts: 11,683 ✭✭
    I'm 24, bought one last year. Walking is cheaper, but backpack straps cause my shoulders to break out.
    M5 9.0°, Speeder 757
    Mizuno ST-180 16°, Atmos Blue 8x
    Mizuno CLK  19°, Recoil Hybrid 95
    Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

Srixon Z785 5-PW
    Mizuno S18  50.07, 54.08 & 58.08
    Nippon Modus 125x
    EVNROLL ER3
    Z-Star XV
    Lead Tape

• acquadiiceacquadiice Members Posts: 2,282
    push carts generally are seen with people aged 40+ in my area.

never seen a kid 20s and under with one
  • Boogs2Boogs2 Turbulence is caused by air fish Members Posts: 8,483 ✭✭
    I'm 28 and bought one earlier this year. Walking makes rounds $10-$15 cheaper plus u get great exercise. Dont worry too much about the right age of when you're supposed to use a push cart...your back/shoulders will thank you later as you get older.
  • gortosigortosi Members Posts: 124 ✭✭
    29 with a Clicgear 3.0.
  • TKingTKing Members Posts: 1,477
    60 pushing a ClicGear 3.0. It's pretty cool that it folds down so easily, but I've never folded it down. I just pick the whole rig up and stick it in the back of the truck to get back and forth, to and from the house. I carry a lot of stuff in the bag, and carry bags don't.
  • GP300GP300 Members Posts: 163
    28 and just ordered one. I almost always carried unless whoever I was playing with were all riding but due to some arthritis issues in my left ankle the doc said I have to quit carrying but walking with a cart is great exercise and for staying mobile.
  • JavmanxJavmanx Members Posts: 88
    I was using one for the last 2 years, when i was 24. But now i prefer to carry. I found it more comfortable. and also if you just carry waht you need is not that heavy
  • ShiramShiram Members Posts: 861
    Just turned 30 and just bought my first push cart. It's great - a lot more energy come the last nine.

I felt like an old man looking for one but heck old guys know what they're doing.
  • minhjnminhjn Members Posts: 3,198
    morgan hoffman from the oklahoma state golf team is using a clicgear for every round thus far in the NCAA Championships. just mentioning this because the notion that using a push cart is unmanly is just stupid
  • blkjazzblkjazz Members Posts: 318 ✭✭
    minhjn wrote:

morgan hoffman from the oklahoma state golf team is using a clicgear for every round thus far in the NCAA Championships. just mentioning this because the notion that using a push cart is unmanly is just stupid

Amen !!!
    Titleist 917 D2 9.5 deg.
    Titleist 917F 16.5 deg.
    Titleist 917F 21 deg.
    Titleist 718 AP3 4-48 deg. wedge
    Titleist Vokey SM7 52 deg.
    Titleist Vokey SM7 58 deg.
    Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2
  • BlackDiamondPar5BlackDiamondPar5 Members Posts: 5,296 ✭✭

I don't see the big deal if a young person uses a push cart. I mean; seriously.

I use to make fun of them, but now I'm a push cart convert. I started about 3 years ago around age 46 after I felt like I was beating the crap out of my body. I really got thinking about long term joint damage from carrying 14 clubs and all the other stuff in my sun mountain. Now there is no going back, and my next bag is going to be a cart bag.

There seems to be far more acceptance these days and I see guys far younger using them. I feel rather silly for making fun of them.
  • jsherm45jsherm45 "Good...Good" Members Posts: 184
    29 and have been using a Clicgear 2.0 for 2 years. I find it has me walking more rather than getting the motorized cart. I like the exercise and don't miss the load on my shoulders.
  • 2left2left Members Posts: 202
    edited Jun 15, 2011 #77
    I was soooo glad to see that use of push carts was uniform across age groups from 20 to 50+ . . . I was feeling self conscious at times.  I wonder, however, if a lot of 20 - 30s are using them not to ease their burden of carrying, but as a less expensive alternative to riding? For me, my default decision is "should I carry or push", but for others the first thing that comes to mind is "should I ride or push?"
  • Hateto3PuttHateto3Putt Smoking Makes You Look Cool! Members Posts: 6,285 ✭✭

PUSH CARTS = D O N ' T D O I T !!!!!!

BRIDGESTONE1 = C L U E L E S S !!!!!

X________________________________
    Sign Here

• Beastmode BrokerBeastmode Broker Canadian AF Members Posts: 6,317 ✭✭
    edited Jun 18, 2011 #79
    just purchased one of [url="http://www.theriksha.com/"]THESE[/url]

they are locally made here in Canada and quite popular for rental fleets are our better courses

they make a version for the everyday guy, which breaks down flat to put in your trunk

hands down, this is the BEST pushcart there is

you can literally push it w two fingers all day

the huge wheels have virtually no footprint and its construction is bulletproof

i actually chatted w the owner of the company and he said that they are almost a detriment to his business how indestructible they are!!! hahahha!

for the record i am 30 as well, carried since i was 11......im in good shape, but this makes the round much more enjoyable

more room to put my crap and i can carry full on raingear and umbrella if the weather is questionable

i still use a Titleist lightweight bag on it, and it fits mint - does not slide around and the wide strap keep the bag in place the whole round
    Taylormade M1 440 9.5 | Kuro Kage DC 60 X
    Taylormade M2 15 | RIP Alpha B 70 X
    Callaway XHP 20 | RIP Alpha 85 X
    Mizuno JPX 900T 4-PW | TI DGX100 ssx1
    Callaway MD3 RAW 52S / 56W | DGS300
    Nike Engage 60 TS | DGS300
    Taylormade Milled Collection Mullen 35"
  • MileHighClubMileHighClub Members Posts: 3,654
    48 and use a Clicgear. Makes it easy to walk 36. Couldn't do that without it.
    Callaway FT-iz 9*
    Ping G15 4W 17*
    Taylormade 09 Rescue 19*, 22*
    Ping G25 5-9, PW, UW
    Cleveland CG14 54*, 58*
    Odyssey Original White Hot 2 Ball
  • DMVikingDMViking Members Posts: 164
    I'm 29. I love carrying. I'm used to carrying a heavy load since I'm in the military (of course, we do that less than what most make it out to be). Anyway, I just bought a new Powerbilt 3A (no sense spending too much). The reason is because my bag has been creating friction which in turn is wearing out my shirts. Why not use a cart? I used to think it was lame when I was a junior but my outlook has changed over the years. Haven't used it yet (I've only had it for about 30 minutes).
  • TAG617TAG617 Members Posts: 678
    My younger brother (22yo) has a Clicgear 3.0 I liked it so much I just ordered one, I'm 29. Walking is much cheaper than riding around here. These things are so easy to push and much better on your shoulders/back.
  • will1994will1994 Members Posts: 145
    I carry, have carried, and will carry until my back blows out.

I won't ever use a pushcart, or in fact get with in 5 feet of them.
  • par4thecoursepar4thecourse Members Posts: 51
    I'm 52 and have been using a BagBoy cart for 4 years.
  • usmcdadusmcdad Golfdude Members Posts: 131
    I'm 44 and have a ClicGear 3.0. It's my 4th pushcart. I play after work and after 10 hrs in the office, I'm saving my back.
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9° Project X Even Flow Blue 75X
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15° Project X Even Flow Black 75X
    Srixon ZU85 3 20° Recoil ES95 F5
    Srixon Z765 4-PW Project X 6.5
    Titleist SM7 Jet Black 52,56,60 Wedge Flex
    Odyssey White Hot Pro #9
    Srixon Z-Star XV
  • hacknputthacknputt Members Posts: 11
    I'm 45 and still carry. About 5 years ago i noticed myself being tired after 18 holes so i joined a gym and got fit. Now it is effortless to walk 18. I hope i can stay this way now!
  • ladahlladahl Members Posts: 6,872 ✭✭
    I usually ride, but just bought a new bag and BB Quad to try walk more.... 34
    Ping G400 Max Veylix Alphina 673
    '16 TM M2 16.5* HL Veylix Rome 888 
    Callaway Epic #3H KBS Proto 95
    PXG 0311X Black #4 KBS Proto 95
    PXG 0311 Black 5/6/7 0311T Black 8/9/W Aerotech SteelFiber 95 S
    SM7 Jet Black 50*, 54* & 58* TT DG TI Onyx S400
    PXG Mustang S Black

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/530023/ladahls-witb-pxg-callaway-titleist-taylormade-trying-graphite-in-irons-updates-on-last-pag
  • NormGNormG Members Posts: 453
    I'm 33. I started using one at 30 becasue I realized it wasn't worth it to waste even a stroke by using up the extra energy carrying. 105 in the summer and humid in Dallas is no fun carrying for 36 holes.
  • brushiebrushie Members Posts: 455 ✭✭
    33 and have had a cart for the past 4 years
    Titleist TS3 10.5 Kuro Kage DC 70 TX
    Titleist TS2 3 Wood Evenflow 85
    Titleist 818 H2 19* Tensei White
    Titleist 718 AP3 KBS S Taper S+ 4 iron
    Titleist 718 CB KBS S Taper S+ 5-9
    Vokey Hand Ground by the Man himself 46F, 50F, 54K, 60V
    Scotty Cameron Toolbox 009
  • DstangDstang Members Posts: 225
    I've had a clicgear 2.0 for about a year now and love it. I'm 24 now and I can carry my full bag for 18 holes but sometimes i like to play 27 or 36 holes in one day so i'll push a cart and get my work out in a gym.
  • baronfaroobaronfaroo Members Posts: 159
    36. Push carts have come a long way since the "old" style 2 wheel pull carts.
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TaylorMade M2 9.5* Driver[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ping G30 3 and 5 Wood[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Nike CPR 3 and 4 Ironwood Hybrid[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Titleist 718 AP1 5-GW[/font]
    [font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"]Cleveland RTX 4 SW 56/10[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Odyssey Black Tour Design Series #5 Putter[/font]