Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

The Wizard Short Game Technique Videos(merged)

2456725

Comments

  • iteachgolfiteachgolf Members Posts: 16,950 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    loadnhips wrote:


    Didn't realize there's a product to be released soon. Sorry to disrupt the marketing...


    I'm not marketing anything and I didn't post the video on here. This is literally the only video I've filmed
  • QManyQMany #TheWRX ClubWRX Posts: 9,128 ClubWRX
    Are there any disadvantages to this method? Any shots that become more difficult to execute?
    Currently in #TheWRX...

    Taylormade M3 460 (9.5°) Tensei CK Pro Orange70TX
    Taylormade SLDR Mini (14°) Matrix White Tie 70X
    Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
    Callaway Apex Pro (4i-PW) DG X100 TI
    Ping Glide 2.0 (50° & 54°) DG S400 TI
    Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
    Odyssey O Works R-Line
    Taylormade TP5X


    QMany's Swing/Sticks / Instagram
  • ej002ej002 Unregistered Posts: 5,129 ✭✭
    QMany wrote:


    VEGAS:



    Shearman/Chris P: +150

    Russc: -130




    I will book both of those bets...yo
  • iteachgolfiteachgolf Members Posts: 16,950 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    loadnhips wrote:

    iteachgolf wrote:

    loadnhips wrote:


    The reason the "bounce" method works is not because of the bounce...its because of the unhinging L wrist not being "forced" to be flat, letting it unhinge uninterruptedly/undisruptedly...makes the clubface travel squarer longer and more DTL...loft is added because precisely its being unhinged and "cups" earlier...


    Shaft is leaning forward and left wrist is never cupping. Left wrist is FLAT and plane as day in the videos and photos. The reason it works is exactly the bounce and a shallow AoA. If the left wrist were cupping the clubhead would be coming off the ground and not staying close to it. You don't have a clue what you are talking about and the more you talk the clearer that is regardless of the screename you use.




    Read it again. I said not "forced" to be flat, the L wrist being let to be unhinged uninterruptedly. Did I say no shaft lean, yo?


    Yo if left wrist is cupping shaft isn't leaning forward. Yo again if you are adding loft you aren't having shaft lean. Left wrist is flat all the way til finish in the shot I hit with club head well below the hands. None of which would happen if loft was being added or left wrist was cupping (neither which are happening.)
  • Sabre3Sabre3 Members Posts: 653 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dan,

    In Utleys method, it seems to be very similar except he uses the pivot to drive it. Is your method more of a feel of the arms driving the shot distance? Like how you use arms to regulate putting distance? It would seem they both work but need to find out what the player likes to feel as his distance controller. Hope that makes sense.
  • loadnhipsloadnhips Members Posts: 24
    iteachgolf wrote:

    loadnhips wrote:

    iteachgolf wrote:

    loadnhips wrote:

    iteachgolf wrote:


    Ps everyone knows who you are. You can't stay away yet are horrible at concealing your identity




    So??



    You're suddenly the "all knowing god" now...you can't take disagreements?



    So if you AoA is so shallow, what is the bounce now for?


    Obviously this over your head. I can take plenty of disagreements. The bounce is so the club won't dig. Even if you are shallow, when the leading edge hits the ground it will dig. The bounce is so club glides on the ground and increases margin of error exponentially.



    Did you not see the photo and how close the clubhead is to the ground for a very extended period of time?



    There are disagreements and then when people are wrong. To say it won't work or isn't useful is asinine when there are hundreds of people I teach who can attest and videos showing how well it works. You can say you like your way better, that would be a disagreement. You saying it's not useful is asinine and doing so to start crap as you repeatedly do with me under your millionth screename because you keep getting banned leaves you with zero credibility.




    No, disagree with you. The leading edge won't dig the ground if your AoA is shallow and the ball is exactly your low point (vertically, not horizontally or forward/back-wise). The built-in bounce on wedges is enough, no need to put more emphasis on the bounce.



    Why you so concerned with my credibility, yo? My points are worrying you?



    Me, repeatedly doing you with what?




    I'm not worried. If the ball is at low point you'd never hit the ground. Low point will alway be below ground or you will thin it. So yes if the leading edge hits the ground it will dig. When did I say the built in bounce isn't enough. In fact there is slight shaft lean which slightly decreases bounce. Which is why I said use a wedge that has enough bounce built in. I didn't put any emphasis on the bounce other than choosing the correct wedge and slightly opening the face. I am NOT and don't teach anyone to add bounce dynamically. The whole point of what I do is the bounce and margin for error are built in at setup and not done with swing changes




    Well then, I agree with you there, except that IMO the low point should be exactly level with the ground (this is what I meant with low point on the ball). Helps on fluffy lies, and works on hardpans as well.
  • iteachgolfiteachgolf Members Posts: 16,950 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    QMany wrote:


    Are there any disadvantages to this method? Any shots that become more difficult to execute?




    This is how to hit from a tight lie. Different variations for different lies. So no disadvantage from a tight lie. From a different lie I'd setup differently
  • loadnhipsloadnhips Members Posts: 24
    iteachgolf wrote:

    loadnhips wrote:

    iteachgolf wrote:

    loadnhips wrote:


    The reason the "bounce" method works is not because of the bounce...its because of the unhinging L wrist not being "forced" to be flat, letting it unhinge uninterruptedly/undisruptedly...makes the clubface travel squarer longer and more DTL...loft is added because precisely its being unhinged and "cups" earlier...


    Shaft is leaning forward and left wrist is never cupping. Left wrist is FLAT and plane as day in the videos and photos. The reason it works is exactly the bounce and a shallow AoA. If the left wrist were cupping the clubhead would be coming off the ground and not staying close to it. You don't have a clue what you are talking about and the more you talk the clearer that is regardless of the screename you use.




    Read it again. I said not "forced" to be flat, the L wrist being let to be unhinged uninterruptedly. Did I say no shaft lean, yo?


    Yo if left wrist is cupping shaft isn't leaning forward. Yo again if you are adding loft you aren't having shaft lean. Left wrist is flat all the way til finish in the shot I hit with club head well below the hands. None of which would happen if loft was being added or left wrist was cupping (neither which are happening.)




    In that video I agree. But the way people in here talk about it, that doesn't seem what they understood it to be, including me.



    I am not saying the L wrist is cupped at IMPACT. I'm saying its in the process of cupping, letting the L wrist unhinge uninterruptedly.



    So are you saying we CONSCIOUSLY try to keep the L wrist flat with this method?
  • J13J13 Dad golf Members Posts: 15,630 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    loadnhips wrote:


    Didn't realize there's a product to be released soon. Sorry to disrupt the marketing...




    You hide under another screen name and disrupt a thread that has nothing to do with you. Just leave.
    Callaway Epic Flash Triple Diamond 9* / Mitsubishi Tensei White 70TX
    Callaway EF 3+ w/ HZRDUS Black 75 6.5
    Srixon 745's 4-PW / Modus Tour 120 TX
    Callaway MD3 50, 54, 60 / Modus 125
    Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide Flow Neck 35.5" (counter weight removed)
    Srixon Zstar XV
    GolfWRX WITB Podcast - Irons reveal 11/14/18 http://www.golfwrx.c...utm_content=sub
    GolfWrx WITB Podcast 2017 : http://www.golfwrx.com/482668/tgtg-golfwrx-forum-member-j13-talks-witb-and-club-testing/
    WITB- http://www.golfwrx.c.../page__st__1590
  • iteachgolfiteachgolf Members Posts: 16,950 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Sabre3 wrote:


    Dan,

    In Utleys method, it seems to be very similar except he uses the pivot to drive it. Is your method more of a feel of the arms driving the shot distance? Like how you use arms to regulate putting distance? It would seem they both work but need to find out what the player likes to feel as his distance controller. Hope that makes sense.


    Hands and arms are only direct contact to club. Never going to be precise distance control wise using pivot for distance control. Utley swings his arms around his body and is not using his pivot to control distance
  • dlamdlam Members Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Dan

    Nice pitch from tight lies

    What do you do if really perch lie?

    Modify existing technique or try something totally different ?
  • KILLEDBYASHANKEDWEDGEKILLEDBYASHANKEDWEDGE 300 YARD DRAWS AND 10 LB HOOKS! Members Posts: 4,524
  • MonteScheinblumMonteScheinblum Rebellion Golf Southern CaliforniaMembers Posts: 18,461 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    QMany wrote:


    VEGAS:



    Shearman/Chris P: +150

    Russc: -130




    I am thinking more the latest incarnation of Jblastpistics/miguealgolf
  • loadnhipsloadnhips Members Posts: 24
    J13 wrote:

    loadnhips wrote:


    Didn't realize there's a product to be released soon. Sorry to disrupt the marketing...




    You hide under another screen name and disrupt a thread that has nothing to do with you. Just leave.




    It has something to do with the subject at hand though. Who are you to tell people to leave, huh tough guy??
  • QManyQMany #TheWRX ClubWRX Posts: 9,128 ClubWRX
    QMany wrote:


    VEGAS:



    Shearman/Chris P: +150

    Russc: -130


    I was wrong, this is why I don't bet.
    Currently in #TheWRX...

    Taylormade M3 460 (9.5°) Tensei CK Pro Orange70TX
    Taylormade SLDR Mini (14°) Matrix White Tie 70X
    Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
    Callaway Apex Pro (4i-PW) DG X100 TI
    Ping Glide 2.0 (50° & 54°) DG S400 TI
    Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
    Odyssey O Works R-Line
    Taylormade TP5X


    QMany's Swing/Sticks / Instagram
  • iteachgolfiteachgolf Members Posts: 16,950 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    loadnhips wrote:

    iteachgolf wrote:

    loadnhips wrote:

    iteachgolf wrote:

    loadnhips wrote:


    The reason the "bounce" method works is not because of the bounce...its because of the unhinging L wrist not being "forced" to be flat, letting it unhinge uninterruptedly/undisruptedly...makes the clubface travel squarer longer and more DTL...loft is added because precisely its being unhinged and "cups" earlier...


    Shaft is leaning forward and left wrist is never cupping. Left wrist is FLAT and plane as day in the videos and photos. The reason it works is exactly the bounce and a shallow AoA. If the left wrist were cupping the clubhead would be coming off the ground and not staying close to it. You don't have a clue what you are talking about and the more you talk the clearer that is regardless of the screename you use.




    Read it again. I said not "forced" to be flat, the L wrist being let to be unhinged uninterruptedly. Did I say no shaft lean, yo?


    Yo if left wrist is cupping shaft isn't leaning forward. Yo again if you are adding loft you aren't having shaft lean. Left wrist is flat all the way til finish in the shot I hit with club head well below the hands. None of which would happen if loft was being added or left wrist was cupping (neither which are happening.)




    In that video I agree. But the way people in here talk about it, that doesn't seem what they understood it to be, including me.



    I am not saying the L wrist is cupped at IMPACT. I'm saying its in the process of cupping, letting the L wrist unhinge uninterruptedly.



    So are you saying we CONSCIOUSLY try to keep the L wrist flat with this method?


    No. Left wrist is flat because everything moves at the same rpm. The club staying low to ground post impact would be impossible while cupping left wrist. The video is very clear and I see nobody but you misunderstanding. Did you even watch it? If you keep clubhead low to the ground there will be no cupping. In the video I plainly state letting clubhead pass the hands and Rehinging is how you screw it up.
  • iteachgolfiteachgolf Members Posts: 16,950 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    dlam wrote:


    Dan

    Nice pitch from tight lies

    What do you do if really perch lie?

    Modify existing technique or try something totally different ?


    Sitting up is same technique, wanna be shallow, but square face so you have more surface area and don't slide under it. Tight lie face open to make face as short as possible and on fluffy lie sitting up its square so you can hit it high on face and still get good result
  • QManyQMany #TheWRX ClubWRX Posts: 9,128 ClubWRX
    edited Oct 30, 2013 #49
    iteachgolf wrote:

    QMany wrote:


    Are there any disadvantages to this method? Any shots that become more difficult to execute?


    This is how to hit from a tight lie. Different variations for different lies. So no disadvantage from a tight lie. From a different lie I'd setup differently


    What adjustments for a lower trajectory on a tight lie?



    EDIT: I'm just going to keep asking you questions to keep you around GolfWRX. image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />
    Currently in #TheWRX...

    Taylormade M3 460 (9.5°) Tensei CK Pro Orange70TX
    Taylormade SLDR Mini (14°) Matrix White Tie 70X
    Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
    Callaway Apex Pro (4i-PW) DG X100 TI
    Ping Glide 2.0 (50° & 54°) DG S400 TI
    Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
    Odyssey O Works R-Line
    Taylormade TP5X


    QMany's Swing/Sticks / Instagram
  • iteachgolfiteachgolf Members Posts: 16,950 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    QMany wrote:

    iteachgolf wrote:

    QMany wrote:


    Are there any disadvantages to this method? Any shots that become more difficult to execute?


    This is how to hit from a tight lie. Different variations for different lies. So no disadvantage from a tight lie. From a different lie I'd setup differently


    What adjustments for a lower trajectory on a tight lie?


    Same just vary how open face is. If wedge has 10+ of bounce just use square face. Set the loft at address for the desired trajectory. The ones in video weren't all that high. Slomo one has face more open. The technique gives greatest margin of error on contact. Loft will still affect trajectory like any other shot
  • J13J13 Dad golf Members Posts: 15,630 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    loadnhips wrote:

    J13 wrote:

    loadnhips wrote:


    Didn't realize there's a product to be released soon. Sorry to disrupt the marketing...




    You hide under another screen name and disrupt a thread that has nothing to do with you. Just leave.




    It has something to do with the subject at hand though. Who are you to tell people to leave, huh tough guy??




    Tough guy? You joined just to jump in this thread and disrupt it. I'm not an internet tough guy just someone trying to get better at the game by coming in threads like this but unfortunately it's getting cluttered up with your posts.
    Callaway Epic Flash Triple Diamond 9* / Mitsubishi Tensei White 70TX
    Callaway EF 3+ w/ HZRDUS Black 75 6.5
    Srixon 745's 4-PW / Modus Tour 120 TX
    Callaway MD3 50, 54, 60 / Modus 125
    Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide Flow Neck 35.5" (counter weight removed)
    Srixon Zstar XV
    GolfWRX WITB Podcast - Irons reveal 11/14/18 http://www.golfwrx.c...utm_content=sub
    GolfWrx WITB Podcast 2017 : http://www.golfwrx.com/482668/tgtg-golfwrx-forum-member-j13-talks-witb-and-club-testing/
    WITB- http://www.golfwrx.c.../page__st__1590
  • ej002ej002 Unregistered Posts: 5,129 ✭✭
    iteachgolf wrote:


    No. Left wrist is flat because everything moves at the same rpm. The club staying low to ground post impact would be impossible while cupping left wrist. The video is very clear and I see nobody but you misunderstanding. Did you even watch it? If you keep clubhead low to the ground there will be no cupping. In the video I plainly state letting clubhead pass the hands and Rehinging is how you screw it up.




    I asked the same question, I think the stills make it look like there is more of a hand action release, which is what you said not to do in the video.
  • HsteadHstead Members Posts: 6,335 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    JBL, GIKEN, MIGUEL, YO, whoever. I am the "marketing arm" that posted the video because I saw it and knew a bunch of guys on this site would like to see it too. Me and guys that have been taught this technique from Dan get dozens of questions about his short game stuff, because we ALL rave about how good it is for a reason, it works better than anything any of us have ever been taught.



    Months ago Dan talked about doing a video when he was active every day on this site, but he never got around to it but now has. There are a lot of people who will like to learn how to do it, and I believe you were able to watch it for free like everyone else. So I need to go back to marketing 101 I guess?



    If you do not agree with it, go elsewhere as mentioned before. Please do not bog my thread down with your drivel. Take it to the S&T thread, the 9 to 3 thread, or the ASI thread where you will be equally unwanted.
    Titleist TS3 10.5 Graphite Design BB 70X
    Callaway Epic Subzero 15* Diamana D+
    Titleist 818 H1
    Mizuno 919 Tour 6-P, 5 Forged, 4 Hot Metal KBS Tour X
    Titleist TVD 56* and 60* V Grind S400
    Edel
    Snell
  • SchneeSchnee SOTABM NortheastClubWRX Posts: 5,517 ClubWRX
    iteachgolf wrote:

    QMany wrote:


    Are there any disadvantages to this method? Any shots that become more difficult to execute?




    This is how to hit from a tight lie. Different variations for different lies. So no disadvantage from a tight lie. From a different lie I'd setup differently






    If I remember from an old thread, did you say that to hit a shot out of the rough, to use the same general technique, but setup with the handle lower to encourage a slightly steeper AoA? Am I remembering that correctly?
    "Grasshopper breaks wing
    soars with Master's healing words.
    Winter grounds him"

    -Hawkeye77

    Becky Johnson Award Nominee 2016


    Taylormade M6 10.5* Graphite Design AD DI 
    Taylormade SLDR Mini 14* Diamana Limited Edition 80g
    Titleist 818 H1 Mitsubishi Tensei Blue
    Cobra 2019 King Forged MB/CB KBS $ Taper
    Vokey SM7 50.12F, 54.14F Stealth S200
    [Vokey SM7 58.V Oil Can S200
    Scotty Cameron Futura X5 Welded Neck Custom (name TBD)

    ig-badge-48.png
  • iteachgolfiteachgolf Members Posts: 16,950 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    ej002 wrote:

    iteachgolf wrote:


    No. Left wrist is flat because everything moves at the same rpm. The club staying low to ground post impact would be impossible while cupping left wrist. The video is very clear and I see nobody but you misunderstanding. Did you even watch it? If you keep clubhead low to the ground there will be no cupping. In the video I plainly state letting clubhead pass the hands and Rehinging is how you screw it up.




    I asked the same question, I think the stills make it look like there is more of a hand action release, which is what you said not to do in the video.




    Like I said if you watch the video the still were taken from you can see club head never passes hands. Wrist uncock because they set going back but that is vertically not left wrist cupping
  • iteachgolfiteachgolf Members Posts: 16,950 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    CSchnee wrote:

    iteachgolf wrote:

    QMany wrote:


    Are there any disadvantages to this method? Any shots that become more difficult to execute?




    This is how to hit from a tight lie. Different variations for different lies. So no disadvantage from a tight lie. From a different lie I'd setup differently






    If I remember from an old thread, did you say that to hit a shot out of the rough, to use the same general technique, but setup with the handle lower to encourage a slightly steeper AoA? Am I remembering that correctly?


    If buried basically the handle low at setup for the same reasons I said not to in the video on tight lies.
  • J13J13 Dad golf Members Posts: 15,630 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    iteachgolf wrote:

    CSchnee wrote:

    iteachgolf wrote:

    QMany wrote:


    Are there any disadvantages to this method? Any shots that become more difficult to execute?




    This is how to hit from a tight lie. Different variations for different lies. So no disadvantage from a tight lie. From a different lie I'd setup differently






    If I remember from an old thread, did you say that to hit a shot out of the rough, to use the same general technique, but setup with the handle lower to encourage a slightly steeper AoA? Am I remembering that correctly?


    If buried basically the handle low at setup for the same reasons I said not to in the video on tight lies.




    Dropping the handle works so well for shots out of the rough.
    Callaway Epic Flash Triple Diamond 9* / Mitsubishi Tensei White 70TX
    Callaway EF 3+ w/ HZRDUS Black 75 6.5
    Srixon 745's 4-PW / Modus Tour 120 TX
    Callaway MD3 50, 54, 60 / Modus 125
    Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide Flow Neck 35.5" (counter weight removed)
    Srixon Zstar XV
    GolfWRX WITB Podcast - Irons reveal 11/14/18 http://www.golfwrx.c...utm_content=sub
    GolfWrx WITB Podcast 2017 : http://www.golfwrx.com/482668/tgtg-golfwrx-forum-member-j13-talks-witb-and-club-testing/
    WITB- http://www.golfwrx.c.../page__st__1590
  • SchneeSchnee SOTABM NortheastClubWRX Posts: 5,517 ClubWRX
    iteachgolf wrote:

    CSchnee wrote:

    iteachgolf wrote:

    QMany wrote:


    Are there any disadvantages to this method? Any shots that become more difficult to execute?




    This is how to hit from a tight lie. Different variations for different lies. So no disadvantage from a tight lie. From a different lie I'd setup differently






    If I remember from an old thread, did you say that to hit a shot out of the rough, to use the same general technique, but setup with the handle lower to encourage a slightly steeper AoA? Am I remembering that correctly?


    If buried basically the handle low at setup for the same reasons I said not to in the video on tight lies.




    Thanks Dan!
    "Grasshopper breaks wing
    soars with Master's healing words.
    Winter grounds him"

    -Hawkeye77

    Becky Johnson Award Nominee 2016


    Taylormade M6 10.5* Graphite Design AD DI 
    Taylormade SLDR Mini 14* Diamana Limited Edition 80g
    Titleist 818 H1 Mitsubishi Tensei Blue
    Cobra 2019 King Forged MB/CB KBS $ Taper
    Vokey SM7 50.12F, 54.14F Stealth S200
    [Vokey SM7 58.V Oil Can S200
    Scotty Cameron Futura X5 Welded Neck Custom (name TBD)

    ig-badge-48.png
  • EzgolferEzgolfer Members Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I know he recommeds vokey V grind cause of heel relief.

    I use a fourteen with 10 degree of bounce with good success . Are there any other wedges?
  • SullGolfSullGolf Members Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Oct 30, 2013 #60
    J13 wrote:
    Dropping the handle works so well for shots out of the rough.




    Any other changes in setup? Ball back a bit? Or is it still forward and just relying on the lower handle to increase AoA?



    I've had good success with this method overall, but thick rough is giving me issues.
  • J13J13 Dad golf Members Posts: 15,630 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    SullGolf wrote:

    J13 wrote:
    Dropping the handle works so well for shots out of the rough.




    Any other changes in setup? Ball back a bit? Or is it still forward and just relying on the lower handle to increase AoA?



    I've had good success with this method overall, but thick rough is giving me issues.




    Lowering the handle will shallow out your swing not make it steeper.



    EZgolfer- Callaway Mac Daddy 2 wedges with the C-grind are awesome for this.
    Callaway Epic Flash Triple Diamond 9* / Mitsubishi Tensei White 70TX
    Callaway EF 3+ w/ HZRDUS Black 75 6.5
    Srixon 745's 4-PW / Modus Tour 120 TX
    Callaway MD3 50, 54, 60 / Modus 125
    Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide Flow Neck 35.5" (counter weight removed)
    Srixon Zstar XV
    GolfWRX WITB Podcast - Irons reveal 11/14/18 http://www.golfwrx.c...utm_content=sub
    GolfWrx WITB Podcast 2017 : http://www.golfwrx.com/482668/tgtg-golfwrx-forum-member-j13-talks-witb-and-club-testing/
    WITB- http://www.golfwrx.c.../page__st__1590

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file