GC70 - WITB Updated 2/4

Comments

• GC70GC70 What's Next? State of Hockey 7723WRX Points: 284Handicap: 7.1ClubWRX Posts: 7,723 Titanium Tees
    Giving the Super Stroke a shot! Sick of missing everything left!

Posted:
    Atmos Blue 6S
     Atmos Red 7S
    Atmos Blue 8S
    Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite
    SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M - 62M
    Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)
    Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)
    Scotty T22 Newport
    Pro V1x /

WITB Link
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • shakeyshakey OvenWRX 1  5833WRX Points: 349Handicap: 4Members Posts: 5,833 Titanium Tees
    MNNikeGuy wrote:

Hello. Big change there. Have you hit it enough to compare it to the Nike 58 from the Oven and the Toe Sweep?
    Posted:
    Ping G410 Plus 10.5 w/Tensei Orange 60 S
    Ping G410 3(14.5) w/Diamana Ahina 70 S
    NIKE VR Pro II Hybrid 3 (21) w/PX Graphite 5.5
    Ping i E1 3-PW w/CFS Distance Stiff

Ping Glide 3.0 52SS and 58SS w/DGS300
    Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser

TM TP5 Pix
  • GC70GC70 What's Next? State of Hockey 7723WRX Points: 284Handicap: 7.1ClubWRX Posts: 7,723 Titanium Tees
    shakey wrote:

MNNikeGuy wrote:

Hello. Big change there. Have you hit it enough to compare it to the Nike 58 from the Oven and the Toe Sweep?

Hey bud! One round and a little practice tonight with it. More spin then both nikes. Two bunker shots in the round that where outstanding. The 58* DS from the oven I really never got along with it. The TS opening it up might be easier, but I'll see again tomorrow.
    Posted:
    Atmos Blue 6S
     Atmos Red 7S
    Atmos Blue 8S
    Scotty T22 Newport
    Pro V1x /

WITB Link
  • shakeyshakey OvenWRX 1  5833WRX Points: 349Handicap: 4Members Posts: 5,833 Titanium Tees
    MNNikeGuy wrote:

shakey wrote:

MNNikeGuy wrote:

Hey bud! One round and a little practice tonight with it. More spin then both nikes. Two bunker shots in the round that where outstanding. The 58* DS from the oven I really never got along with it. The TS opening it up might be easier, but I'll see again tomorrow.

Nice. Can't wait to hear further reviews. The SM5s are intriguing with all the loft/bounce options.
    Posted:

TM TP5 Pix
  • wldchld22wldchld22  3371WRX Points: 188Members Posts: 3,371 Titanium Tees
    Is it me or did nike lose a little magic that the wedge line had a few years ago. Yeah more options now but my 52/54 don't feel quite as good as the wedges I had a few years back. 58 toe sweep is a beast though once you figure out how to fully open it.
    Posted:
    wldchld22 wrote:

Is it me or did nike lose a little magic that the wedge line had a few years ago. Yeah more options now but my 52/54 don't feel quite as good as the wedges I had a few years back. 58 toe sweep is a beast though once you figure out how to fully open it.

My raw 52 from the oven won't leave my bag until it has no grooves left. It's My favorite iron in my bag. The feel and shots I can play with it are amazing. The TS is a beast but a little inconsistency with spin for me.
    Posted:
    Atmos Blue 6S
     Atmos Red 7S
    Atmos Blue 8S
    Scotty T22 Newport
    Pro V1x /

WITB Link

Advertisement
  • Pure745Pure745 CPC #15  11487WRX Points: 205Handicap: BabyMembers Posts: 11,487 Titanium Tees
    New SM5 line is really sweet, huge improvement IMO over the SM4's. With all the grind options, it's just tough to beat.. my wedge matching OCD would drive me crazy though!
    Posted:
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist TS3 8.5 - Fujikura TR7
    Titleist 917F2 15 - Fujikura Speeder 857 Evo2 Proto
    Mizuno 919T - KBS CTL
    Mizuno S18 46/50
    [/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Vokey 54V/60V
    Scotty Cameron 009 Tool Box

Instagram:
    On -, @pure745
    https://www.instagram.com/pure745/
    [/font]
    MNNikeGuy wrote:

wldchld22 wrote:

My raw 52 from the oven won't leave my bag until it has no grooves left. It's My favorite iron in my bag. The feel and shots I can play with it are amazing. The TS is a beast but a little inconsistency with spin for me.

Do you think the std grind 58 would have been better than the one you got?
    Posted:

TM TP5 Pix
    Pure745 wrote:

New SM5 line is really sweet, huge improvement IMO over the SM4's. With all the grind options, it's just tough to beat.. my wedge matching OCD would drive me crazy though!

Same here. If one goes, they both go.
    Posted:

TM TP5 Pix
    shakey wrote:

MNNikeGuy wrote:

wldchld22 wrote:

Do you think the std grind 58 would have been better than the one you got?

I'm sure it would of been.
    Posted:
    Atmos Blue 6S
     Atmos Red 7S
    Atmos Blue 8S
    Scotty T22 Newport
    Pro V1x /

WITB Link
    shakey wrote:

Pure745 wrote:

Do you guys know what grind SM5 would match my 52/10?
    Posted:
    Atmos Blue 6S
     Atmos Red 7S
    Atmos Blue 8S
    Scotty T22 Newport
    Pro V1x /

WITB Link

Advertisement
  • mr_divotsmr_divots  8297WRX Points: 1Members Posts: 8,297 Bunkers
    MNNikeGuy wrote:

shakey wrote:

Pure745 wrote:

Unless you hit flops with your gap wedge, F grind is probably going to fit most for a gap wedge. Keep it from digging on fuller swings.
    Posted:
    mr_divots wrote:

MNNikeGuy wrote:

shakey wrote:

Pure745 wrote:

Unless you hit flops with your gap wedge, F grind is probably going to fit most for a gap wedge. Keep it from digging on fuller swings.

I guess I should of looked they only come in F grind. May be I'll try a 52/08?
    Posted:
    Atmos Blue 6S
     Atmos Red 7S
    Atmos Blue 8S
    Scotty T22 Newport
    Pro V1x /

WITB Link
    MNNikeGuy wrote:

mr_divots wrote:

MNNikeGuy wrote:

shakey wrote:

Pure745 wrote:

I guess I should of looked they only come in F grind. May be I'll try a 8*?

If they have a 10 or 12, I'd err to the higher side of bounce. Our conditions up here are pretty soft. A wider sole can play like it has more bounce too, so take a look at the width as well.
    Posted:
    ^ they come in 8 and 12. Mines a 10, you think I should go 12?
    Posted:
    Atmos Blue 6S
     Atmos Red 7S
    Atmos Blue 8S
    Scotty T22 Newport
    Pro V1x /

WITB Link
  • Pure745Pure745 CPC #15  11487WRX Points: 205Handicap: BabyMembers Posts: 11,487 Titanium Tees
    Definitely the 52/12 F grind if you play on softer conditions. I'd go 52/8 only if you're on harder firm conditions.
    Posted:
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist TS3 8.5 - Fujikura TR7
    Titleist 917F2 15 - Fujikura Speeder 857 Evo2 Proto
    Mizuno 919T - KBS CTL
    Mizuno S18 46/50
    [/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Vokey 54V/60V
    Scotty Cameron 009 Tool Box

Instagram:
    On -, @pure745
    https://www.instagram.com/pure745/
    [/font]

Advertisement
    MNNikeGuy wrote:

I just went to the first page of your WITB and it looks like despite having 10 degrees stated bounce, your current wedge has some trail edge relief so it probably doesn't play like it has 10 degrees of bounce. Probably more like 8. So it would depend if you want something that feels different from what you have or trying to replicate it. Knowing your home course, bounce is not going to hurt you at all out there. If it were me (and it may soon be, as I've been looking at the SM5's myself) I'd probably go 12 degrees. The F grind also has a slight trailing edge grind it looks like, so it may not feel like it has all of that 12 degrees bounce, similar to your Nike, although the Nike looks like the relief is a little more agressive.
    Posted:
    Pure745 wrote:

Definitely the 52/12 F grind if you play on softer conditions. I'd go 52/8 only if you're on harder firm conditions.

mr_divots wrote:

MNNikeGuy wrote:

I just went to the first page of your WITB and it looks like despite having 10 degrees stated bounce, your current wedge has some trail edge relief so it probably doesn't play like it has 10 degrees of bounce. Probably more like 8. So it would depend if you want something that feels different from what you have or trying to replicate it. Knowing your home course, bounce is not going to hurt you at all out there. If it were me (and it may soon be, as I've been looking at the SM5's myself) I'd probably go 12 degrees. The F grind also has a slight trailing edge grind it looks like, so it may not feel like it has all of that 12 degrees bounce, similar to your Nike, although the Nike looks like the relief is a little more agressive.

Thanks guys for spending my money on things I don't need! I'll have go look at them on Monday!
    Posted:
    Atmos Blue 6S
     Atmos Red 7S
    Atmos Blue 8S
    Scotty T22 Newport
    Pro V1x /

WITB Link
    MNNikeGuy wrote:

Pure745 wrote:

mr_divots wrote:

MNNikeGuy wrote:

Thanks guys for spending my money on things I don't need! I'll have go look at them on Monday!

Oh. You NEED golf clubs!

I think I saw you last time I was up at da Fork. But it was funny, I thought I saw you on the range, went over, and what I thought was you with a red Nike driver was some other guy with an Orange Bio Cell. So I stopped about 10 feet away from him and returned to the 10th tee where I was waiting to tee off.

Then, I'm pretty sure I saw you on the practice loop, but given I just confused you with someone else, I kept my trap shut for once. LOL!
    Posted:
    mr_divots wrote:

MNNikeGuy wrote:

Pure745 wrote:

mr_divots wrote:

MNNikeGuy wrote:

Oh. You NEED golf clubs!

I think I saw you last time I was up at da Fork. But it was funny, I thought I saw you on the range, went over, and what I thought was you with a red Nike driver was some other guy with an Orange Bio Cell. So I stopped about 10 feet away from him and returned to the 10th tee where I was waiting to tee off.

Then, I'm pretty sure I saw you on the practice loop, but given I just confused you with someone else, I kept my trap shut for once. LOL!

Haha! Between 6 and 6:30 every weekend we have a set tee time. Afternoons and evenings I'm on the loop with the kid. He's really starting to get into it.
    Posted:
    Atmos Blue 6S
     Atmos Red 7S
    Atmos Blue 8S
    Scotty T22 Newport
    Pro V1x /

WITB Link
    I'm sure I saw every regular I've ever seen. Didn't realize Wednesdays are mens club day and all you guys get in your round at some point that day. Had played with the guy I was paired with a few times. Lawyers.....LOL!
    Posted:

Advertisement
    mr_divots wrote:

I'm sure I saw every regular I've ever seen. Didn't realize Wednesdays are mens club day and all you guys get in your round at some point that day. Had played with the guy I was paired with a few times. Lawyers.....LOL!

Yeah if your not in the men's club you don't want to play, long slow rounds. Booked from sun up to sun down. I've had some 4 + rounds.
    Posted:
    Atmos Blue 6S
     Atmos Red 7S
    Atmos Blue 8S
    Scotty T22 Newport
    Pro V1x /

WITB Link
    I think we weren't too bad on pace. Front 9 was 1:55. Back 9 slowed down quite a bit from there. Think it was closed to 2:25 on the back. It did get a little slow. Not bad. Both guys could play at least. I think they were the top players from last year's senior division they said? Middle aged guy showed them a thing or two...lol!
    Posted:
    Put the TS back in the bag 5 rounds ago, can't believe I ever took it out in the first place. Saving lots of strokes with it. Played in two hours and twenty minutes this morning.

Going to take a little nap before my doubles match.

Sent from my iPad using GolfWRX Mobile
    Posted:
    Atmos Blue 6S
     Atmos Red 7S
    Atmos Blue 8S
    Scotty T22 Newport
    Pro V1x /

WITB Link
  • ewillewill SoClass!k  154WRX Points: 0Handicap: 1.9Members Posts: 154
    nice bag. all that nike reminds me of my old bag. Wish you the best of luck check out my WITB in my sig
    Posted:
    Ping g30 9.0 tour 65 xflex // R1 back-up 8.5- kurokage tini 70g xflex
    Taylormade r9- 3 wood- stock stiff flex.70 gram speeder
    MP-54 ctaper s120 hard stepped.. Mizuno MP-68 3-p dg s400
    Titlest Vokey Wedges SM5 52, 56, 60 DGs400
    Ping Karsten Asner 5 TR
    Ping Hoofer Leaderboard Lime
    WITB Link
  • Marshawn LynchMarshawn Lynch  397WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 397
    I love that Nike Bag... Love the pro combos. Awesome clubs
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • PGAWill0713PGAWill0713  109WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 109 BST Banned
    Sweet set up
    Posted:
    ewill wrote:

nice bag. all that nike reminds me of my old bag. Wish you the best of luck check out my WITB in my sig

ckelly78 wrote:

I love that Nike Bag... Love the pro combos. Awesome clubs

Sweet set up

Thanks guys! Too bad it looks like Nikes coming out with some really nice looking clubs and I'm going to have change it up.
    Posted:
    Atmos Blue 6S
     Atmos Red 7S
    Atmos Blue 8S
    Scotty T22 Newport
    Pro V1x /

WITB Link
    G--see you went back to all Nike wedges.

What happened to the Vokeys?
    Posted:

TM TP5 Pix

Advertisement
    shakey wrote:

G--see you went back to all Nike wedges.

What happened to the Vokeys?

The SM5 is great wedge! Look and feel are great. With the TS It seems like I never hit a bad chip. The only thing wrong with theTS wedge is it's not RAW! May be I got the wrong grind in the Vokey?
    Posted:
    Atmos Blue 6S
     Atmos Red 7S
    Atmos Blue 8S
    Scotty T22 Newport
    Pro V1x /

WITB Link

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.