2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

2015 Ogio Silencer is here (Pics now)

[quote name='Marengo' timestamp='1433566288' post='11699178']
I wish there was some way I could trade it back for this new bag. Seems like it just functions better. Do they have any sort of satisfaction guarantee? I would be willing to pay the difference if there was one too. I emailed the CS prior to buying the bag and a lady replied. She said that there were no problems that she has heard of and her husband actually has the same bag. I took her word and bought the bag. Turns out all of the things I was worried about were true. I wrote her back and never got a response. Bad customer service
[/quote]

Not sure about a satisfaction guarentee. That sucks man. I guess you could just try and sell what you have and get it.

[quote name='Guia' timestamp='1433568113' post='11699254']
Nice looking bag. Bags have gotten too expensive, I don't buy as often as previous. This one is too much.
[/quote]

Yeah, I understand that. I decided to try it last year and it was the best investment for my clubs that I've made. I played two rounds without a bag like this with my J40's and they had a ton of dings. After getting this bag, they looked the same for the next 8 months. There were no more new dings. IF, and that's a big if, you want to protect your forged clubs from getting dinged up, then having a bag like this is really worth the investment. If not, then it really is way too expensive to justify the cost.

Ping G400 LST Ping Tour Stiff 63
Callaway Epic Fash Sub Zero 15 Hzrdus Smoke 6.5
Titleist 818 H1 19 Evenflow Blue 6.5 85
Titleist T100s Black 4-PW Dynamic Gold AMT Tour White
Titleist SM8 52 Dynamic Gold S200
TM High Toe 58 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff
TM High Toe 64 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff
TM Spider X

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='bppry' timestamp='1433775650' post='11710790']
Rock bottom has the stand bag on sale for $179 today. I'm between this bag, titleist lightweight bag or the nike vapor stand bag.
[/quote]

Just my opinion but I have the Stand bag and wouldnt recommend it to anyone. There are way too many cons to make the pros worth it.

Rock bottom has the stand bag on sale for $179 today. I'm between this bag, titleist lightweight bag or the nike vapor stand bag.
[/quote]

The silencer cart bag is on sale too for $172.49 at rockbottom golf. RBG is having a 25% off all golf bags father's day sale today only! You guys still have time.

Btw, I bought the silencer stand bag and returned it. The design on the bag isn't very good. The silencer cart bag on the other hand, we have a winner.

[quote name='Primexcel' timestamp='1433815499' post='11715644']
[/quote]

The silencer cart bag is on sale too for $172.49 at rockbottom golf. RBG is having a 25% off all golf bags father's day sale today only! You guys still have time.

Btw, I bought the silencer stand bag and returned it. The design on the bag isn't very good. The silencer cart bag on the other hand, we have a winner.
[/quote]

Ok. I just cancelled my rockbottomgolf order and instead, ordered on Ogio's website for 40% off. I shared the coupon code here:

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1192650-40-off-ogiocom-coupon-code/

Nice!

As for the order of the clubs, I found the best alignment being

D 3W
7 6 5 3h
pw 9 8 4h
lw sw gw putter

This allows you easy access to all of your irons. And if you turn them all to the left they will never hit each other in the face or the back of the club. Also you usually ride up to the green on the right side so when going to and from the green this is giving you the open side to look at when coming from the green.

I think one of the pics earlier shows something like this, but the irons are reverse. This is much much better. Give it a shot.

TM Spider X

[quote name='Primexcel' timestamp='1433961471' post='11726890']
[quote name='Primexcel' timestamp='1433815499' post='11715644']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Ok. I just cancelled my rockbottomgolf order and instead, ordered on Ogio's website for 40% off. I shared the coupon code here:

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1192650-40-off-ogiocom-coupon-code/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...om-coupon-code/[/url]
[/quote]

So how doe this bag perform in general? I'm sort of looking for a new bag. I just bought a Tourtrek last fall and its already got a big rip in the ball pocket so I feel like I should go ahead and splurge for a bag that is going to last me. If this bag is worth it and the coupon code save a bunch of money, I may just need to pull the trigger.

Do the teeth on the bottom do anything to tear up the grips? How does it handle a larger Super Stroke grip on a putter?

[quote name='gr8blueheronbird' timestamp='1434027036' post='11731006']
I'm curious as to how this bag would ride on a ClicGear 8.0. Does anyone have this setup yet? Current coupon code on Ogio.com makes this bag worth considering for $137.00. Coupon code is: W4F2Y. Free shipping as well.
[/quote]Forgot to mention that this price is for the Cart bag.

I only ride, so can't commrnt on that part, but it was too good a deal to pass up on for a guy who is OCD with his forged irons and wants to ditch the iron covers...

I grabbed the black/camo cart bag.

I think the stand bag is the same, but read it is not set up as good as the cart bag. (guess I read that in this thread...lol).

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

ordered a camo/black cart bag. I like my Ogio Grom from 2011 but wanted an update. I wish this one came with a torq strap like my grom but I'll have to use bungee cords for now. great savings using the 40% off, hard to not pass it up. I was set on a Sun Mountain C130 but changed my mind and got this one. I'll get some pictures once it comes in.

Ping G430 MAX Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
ZX Utility 4i Recoil F4 110
Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Nippon Modus 120S
SM6 52.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
restoration on my Mil-Spec

The only thing I don't like about it is I feel they should make the bottom locking pieces a little tighter. Unless you have grips with a large butt end, the clubs will still spin around some while locked into place. Last year, if I knew I was using smaller grips, I started putting a couple of 1/2 inch strips of tape at the butt end so they would lock in better. I'd suggest trying it if you run into the same problem. You won't notice a couple of strips when gripping the club, but it makes a difference with the bag.

TM Spider X

I bought the stand bag at a local shop that accepted the 40% off code, I will be taking it back today. The stand legs don't let the bag sit well inside the golf cart bag holders if you decide to ride. I will see if i decide to grab the cart bag only.

[i]Current Rotation [/i]
[i] Taylormade Burner Super Fast 2.0 3W Tour AD Di7x[/i]
[i] Miura BB 5-P N.S PRO Modus 3 [/i]
[i]Adams PRO Mini 23* Aldila Tour Red[/i]
[i]Titleist Vokey SM5 50* [/i]N.S PRO Modus
[i]Titleist Vokey SM5 56* [/i]N.S PRO Modus
[i]Titleist Vokey SM5 60*[/i] N.S PRO Modus
2015 Srixon Z Star XV

[quote name='IHFN' timestamp='1434253998' post='11747512']
The only thing I don't like about it is I feel they should make the bottom locking pieces a little tighter. Unless you have grips with a large butt end, the clubs will still spin around some while locked into place. Last year, if I knew I was using smaller grips, I started putting a couple of 1/2 inch strips of tape at the butt end so they would lock in better. I'd suggest trying it if you run into the same problem. You won't notice a couple of strips when gripping the club, but it makes a difference with the bag.
[/quote]

I am having this problem with my undersized grips. Did you put the 1/2" strip of tape on the butt prior to putting the grip on or did you just put tape on over the butt of the grip?

[quote name='Marengo' timestamp='1434338719' post='11752610']
[quote name='IHFN' timestamp='1434253998' post='11747512']
[/quote]

I am having this problem with my undersized grips. Did you put the 1/2" strip of tape on the butt prior to putting the grip on or did you just put tape on over the butt of the grip?
[/quote]

Definitely do it before putting the grip on. It wouldn't last at all if you did it post. You could even do 1/4inch strips. it just needs to be enough bulk to get it to catch the clamp.

TM Spider X

Having such a hard time choosing either the chamber vs silencer cart bag. If asking the question, Which is the ultimate winner? And I know it comes down to what I prefer but to me the chamber seems to be built sturdier. Silencer is not as heavy/firm... opinions needed please? Really want a bag to last a long time...

Titleist TSi2 [9*] Graphite Design AD-DI 6S

Titleist TSi3 [15.0*] Graphite Design AD-DI 7S
Titleist TSi3 [20*] Graphite Design AD-HY 8S
Titleist 718 AP2 [4-PW] TTDG AMT Tour White
Titleist SM6 [50.12F/54.08M/60.08M] TTDG
Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport +

got my camo/black in. I really like it so far. Waiting to get home to put the clubs in.

18247225503_10f670f79d_c.jpg

18867853335_1fdb710909_c.jpg

18681697089_638fedfb98_c.jpg

18245294894_4d15faf885_c.jpg

915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S

[quote name='Ak4seven' timestamp='1434472631' post='11762360']
Having such a hard time choosing either the chamber vs silencer cart bag. If asking the question, Which is the ultimate winner? And I know it comes down to what I prefer but to me the chamber seems to be built sturdier. Silencer is not as heavy/firm... opinions needed please? Really want a bag to last a long time...
[/quote]

I had the chamber cart bag for 4 years but just now switched to the silencer cart bag. The chamber bag is built sturdier, however it makes it more heavier. Everything was good except for the zipperless ball pocket. Eventually, that ball pocket wears out and stops closing, leaving it open enough for balls to fall out when carrying the bag. The way the club organizes at the top isn't the best, it could be better, but it works.

The Silencer cart bag feels lighter. The bag material isn't as sturdy as the chamber. Silencer cart bag has a zippered ball pocket which is a big plus for me, I think the club management is better organized and the dedicated putter slot is great, something the chamber did not have. To me, I think the silencer cart bag is a huge improvement coming from the chamber in my opinion.

Hope this helps.

Thanks yani & primexcel! Your pics and notes are very helpful...

Titleist TSi2 [9*] Graphite Design AD-DI 6S

Titleist TSi3 [15.0*] Graphite Design AD-DI 7S
Titleist TSi3 [20*] Graphite Design AD-HY 8S
Titleist 718 AP2 [4-PW] TTDG AMT Tour White
Titleist SM6 [50.12F/54.08M/60.08M] TTDG
Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport +

I ended up exchanging the stand bag for the cart bag and its great! Perfect amount of pockets, and the silencer club divider works extremely well, zero chatter and the light weight is perfect!

I was also told by the store management that customers that used the code online are lucky if they get the bags, code is not a real promo code more of a manufacture warranty claim code.

[i]Current Rotation [/i]
2015 Srixon Z Star XV

[quote name='AMGMERCY' timestamp='1434485886' post='11763976']
I was also told by the store management that customers that used the code online are lucky if they get the bags, code is not a real promo code more of a manufacture warranty claim code.
[/quote]

HA! welp, glad we snagged it while it lasted.

915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S

HA! welp, glad we snagged it while it lasted.

I know !

2h6sie8.jpg

[i]Current Rotation [/i]
2015 Srixon Z Star XV

Photos with my clubs. I really like this bag. A lot of storage options and pockets. great looking bag. i was partial on the camp/black but the other options were not my style and i wanted some color/light to it.

2015 OGIO Silencer camo/black

18875612885_5197507a43_b.jpg

18870429282_b9651a6b34_c.jpg

915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S

Anyone using Game a golf with this bag? Could the grip locks break off the tags? I like the idea of the 15th slot for alignment sticks and my orange whip.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

I had this out for the first round today, like it very much, and lighter that my cousin's Chamber, and no iron covers on the course.

I am verry happy with this purchase.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T100s 6-G PX LZ
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

I got my cart bag on Tuesday, played 4 times since, and I just love this bag. I have 0 complaints. I have not owned a lot of newer/expensive bags, but this thing is great. I was never annoyed by my iron covers, but it's nice only having to make sure I have my towel. I also like looking at my irons, they are shiny...

This is a great bag IMO.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T100s 6-G PX LZ
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x