Kuro Kage XD

Since I haven't been able to put up data on this yet I'll give the cliff notes. Similar spin rates to dual core XT. Shaft feels tighter and firmer overall. Basically it takes the feel of the original XT and couples it with the spin rates of dcxt. I would assume this will simply replace XT in the retail lineup. Good shaft. I think a lot of people will like it.

This is the greatest thing I've heard in a LONG time. Absolutely love the XT but it launches a little high for me and spins a bit too much. The DC XT, on the other hand had lower launch and spin but didn't FEEL as good. So, I've been in the T1100 for several months now.

If the XD FEELS like the old XT and performs like the DCXT, this could dethrone the T1100.

Thanks for the always great info, Toll.

Then you sir should love the XD.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I haven't been able to put up data on this yet I'll give the cliff notes. Similar spin rates to dual core XT. Shaft feels tighter and firmer overall. Basically it takes the feel of the original XT and couples it with the spin rates of dcxt. I would assume this will simply replace XT in the retail lineup. Good shaft. I think a lot of people will like it.

Toll, I play the XT x flex and absolutely love the feel and performance. However, my spin rates are around 2600-2700 and i think i could benefit with a touch less spin. Do you think I could just jump to an XT , TX flex, or would going to an X or TX flex, XD make more sense? Thanks

Toll, I play the XT x flex and absolutely love the feel and performance. However, my spin rates are around 2600-2700 and i think i could benefit with a touch less spin. Do you think I could just jump to an XT , TX flex, or would going to an X or TX flex, XD make more sense? Thanks

I take shaft recommendations seriously, and I feel they are thrown around too casually with people's hard earned money at stake. I don't know anything about your golf swing, which I would need to, to truly recommend something. If you'd like me to go over some data and swing info and help you out, message me and we can start that process. All of these shafts can be tweaked with tipping and are very sensitive to it, so it's important to get that right as well.

Does it have the same smoothness as the DCXT-TX tour model? How does it compare to that one. I see you talking about the normal DC XT but not any comparisons to the tour model.

Toll can obviously comment on the first question. Only the DC TX flex is in the XT profile and is the tour only model. All other DC's that are available at retail are not the same shaft profile as the original XT profile and the DC TX flex. If they are talking about the DCXT-TX model that is the same shaft you are asking about in your second question.

• 2 weeks later...
Tried this bad boy tonight. TOLL was right, feels a LOT like OG XT. Not overly beastly at all. Was in the 60 X, M3 8.5 head. Feels almost lively at times. Hard to know on numbers bc the sim balls are garbage. But, I was getting a lot out of it yardage wise. Canât wait to get this guy outside....

How was ball speed even tho ur balls were crap?

Reading the posts here it seems like the new KK XD is very similar to the KK DC XT , except that it can be purchased in all flexes rather that just the tour flex.

The KK DCXT seems right up my alley expect for the flex, XD should be good for me then.

Where are these up for sale at this time ?

The DcXt is unquestionably a smoother feeling shaft. The XD is crisp and tight feeling like the original XT. I have all the launch data and shaft analysis reports from our guys. I will be posting all that in it's own thread soon. We compared XD to dcxt, synergy black, pro white directly on the same day in the same data block. I'll be putting those up shortly as soon as we get restocked on the product. You may want to wait to see that thread.

Reading the posts here it seems like the new KK XD is very similar to the KK DC XT , except that it can be purchased in all flexes rather that just the tour flex.

The KK DCXT seems right up my alley expect for the flex, XD should be good for me then.

The DcXt is unquestionably a smoother feeling shaft. The XD is crisp and tight feeling like the original XT. I have all the launch data and shaft analysis reports from our guys. I will be posting all that in it's own thread soon. We compared XD to dcxt, synergy black, pro white directly on the same day in the same data block. I'll be putting those up shortly as soon as we get restocked on the product. You may want to wait to see that thread.

Ok TollBros , let us know when you have that data up please .

Thanks for the assist !

Can’t wait to see the full data!

To the guy who asked about ball speed, it was up there. I was a touch longer than with my T1100 with the same crappy balls. Gonna be a tight race outside.

As for purchase, i know JDs Clubs already has them. That’s who got me mine. He has the full lineup for sale Mitsubishi did an exclusive with him, I believe. He’s a GREAT guy; friend of mine

Ok TollBros , let us know when you have that data up please .

Thanks for the assist !

Absolutely. It just does us no good to post the data and analysis until we restock on them. Once that happens, I will start a new thread and be happy to assist.

So... I have the XD 70TX. Had one range session with it Very similar to the KK DC XT. Very smooth but more of a mid-low launch, low spin.. no numbers and bad range balls. Currently have a Synergy black 65TX and a Tensei Pro White 70TX in the mix as well. The XD to the naked eye launches lower than both those FOR Me. Want to get them out on the course and do real world work with them before committing.

Callaway Rogue ST 💎💎💎 LS 9* Ventus Black 6X (green dot adapter set to 7*)

Maverik Sub Zero 13.5 Ventus Blue 7X

Apex UW 19* Ventus Blue 8X

Callaway X Forged 4-PW Modus 125X

Apex MB Gap Wedge  50* Modus 125X

Vokey 56S & 60L TT Tour Issue S400

Scotty Cameron 2012 Select Newport

DAWGS, great to hear! What were you in before? Would love to hear your feedback as you’ve had it outside.....waiting on the sun here in MN!

I hear you bro. Still crap weather here in Atlanta, although we've been able to get out a few times already...I've been testing 3 shafts for as much as I can get outside this year... Tour AD TP, 7x/tipped an inch and HC EFlow Black 65 6.5 and this XD 68(65) TX. All 3 shafts are great, however I just know that the XD has an extra gear that I know I can trust, if that makes sense. I'm a high swing speed player and need all the stability I can get. Maybe it's the longer dual core of tini wire, I dunno? I've always liked Kuro products, so loving this doesn't surprise me LOL...I know this doesnt give you much to go on man, just know this shaft is pretty bad a**. Paired this with Rogue SZ and I'm not looking back for a while.

I got mine from JDs Clubs in MN. Great dude and apparently Mitsu granted him exclusivity for the shaft in the month of March(Nationwide April launch).

I keep getting messaged on this for data. I am not allowed to release the launch data and player analysis data until April. Whatever the official release date ends up being. Yes I will start a new thread. Yes we will be restocked on the product then. Yes I will be able to fit you then. I think JD's clubs may have some left if you want it this week.

For all our customers that keeps asking, if you can wait a little bit, I will make sure you are properly fit for the product, go over data and swing analysis with you, and will release all the data and player analysis as well. It is a VERY sensitive to tipping shaft, so whatever route you go, make sure you get that aspect of the set up correct. And of course, yes you can pre-order for shipping as soon as they arrive if you choose to. We can use that time to make sure you are set up correctly. As long as the pre-order is in, I will share the data and info with those customers privately.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the updated info. glad I took your advice and waited as the XD does not look like it would be my best option.

Not every shaft fits every player. We simply try to put out the facts and help steer people in the right direction. There are so many fantastic products out right now, that there is something for every player.

• 1 month later...

I just got my xd 70x to try next to my tensei pro white 70tx. I absolutely love the pro white but this one sounded to good not to try.

-Taylormade BRNR 11.5* set at 9.5* Ventus Red TR 7X playing 44.25”
-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 16* set at 15* Ventus Blue 8X

-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 19* Ventus Blue 9X

-Mizuno JPX 923 Forged4&5, Tour 6-PW Project X LS 6.5
-Titleist Vokey SM9 50F set to 51*, 56D, & 62M set to 61*

-Mizuno M-Craft OMOI Type 1 Blue Putter