Kuro Kage XD

Check that! You absolutely did put the T1100 up against the others in the "Big Bad" review. My fault. It was the XD that wasn't in there (wasn't out yet). Looks to me that for almost all testers, T1100 LAUNCHED the lowest. Black Mamba launching higher but incredibly low spin.

So, for all intends and purposes, it doesn't seem to get much lower launching than the T1100.

Getting back to the actual topic of this thread, the XD sure is low launching, too! In the review you did in April of 2018, that was the lowest of the bunch.

I wonder, if they went head to head (XD vs T1100), if the launch wouldn't be nearly identical....

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

XD sounds promising as i am always looking for anti left in the driver, but i just did not like the dc xt tx as it for sure went left on me. I can’t imagine the xd being significantly different than the dc tx

Pro orange best shaft ive used but it does seem to have the What the heck shots out of nowhere (can’t be my swing right?)

X-TORSION Black Mamba. If you still want some launch. T-1100 will do it as guys said but it lacks feel and launches dead low.

Interesting. Sounds like you are trying to say they play similarly but the mamba retains a better feel while doing it. One good thing about playing the g400 max is there is no issue hitting it high enough so that isnt a huge concern to me.

Ping G400 Max 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
Ping G400 3 crossover Alta stiff
Callaway Apex 4-SW recoil 780 stiff
Cleveland cbx 60* recoil stiff
Biomech Acculock
Snell MTB Black

Check that! You absolutely did put the T1100 up against the others in the "Big Bad" review. My fault. It was the XD that wasn't in there (wasn't out yet). Looks to me that for almost all testers, T1100 LAUNCHED the lowest. Black Mamba launching higher but incredibly low spin.

So, for all intends and purposes, it doesn't seem to get much lower launching than the T1100.

Getting back to the actual topic of this thread, the XD sure is low launching, too! In the review you did in April of 2018, that was the lowest of the bunch.

I wonder, if they went head to head (XD vs T1100), if the launch wouldn't be nearly identical....

True. I would say if the only thing someone wanted was to hit the ball as low as possible, completely independent of feel or responsiveness, T1100 is the one. XD launches on par with Black Mamba.

XD sounds promising as i am always looking for anti left in the driver, but i just did not like the dc xt tx as it for sure went left on me. I can’t imagine the xd being significantly different than the dc tx

Pro orange best shaft ive used but it does seem to have the What the heck shots out of nowhere (can’t be my swing right?)

X-TORSION Black Mamba. If you still want some launch. T-1100 will do it as guys said but it lacks feel and launches dead low.

Interesting. Sounds like you are trying to say they play similarly but the mamba retains a better feel while doing it. One good thing about playing the g400 max is there is no issue hitting it high enough so that isnt a huge concern to me.

True, but T1100 still launches a bit lower. It's the lowest launching shaft we have tested in the last 3 years.

I just picked up one of these from the BST.

Comparing it to my XT60 stiff untipped, with exact same XD60 stiff untipped same length, the swingweights and balance points came out the same.

Should I expect approximately 200 less RPM and 1/2 deg lower launch?

2023 bag

myTaylormade Stealth 2 Plus custom 10.5 BGT Brava X Stiff tipped 1”
Taylormade Stealth 2 Tour issue 17.8 deg 5 wood Brava X Stiff FW
Titleist TSR3 4hy Graphite Design HY 90X

Titleist TSR3 5hy Graphite Design HY 90X

Miura CB-302 5,6,7 Fujikura Axiom 105 Stiff

Miura MC502 8,9,pw Fujikura Axiom 105 Stiff

Miura HB 50 deg S400 tour issue

Miura K2.0 54/58 S400 tour Taylormade Spider GT 33.5” short slant

Bridgestone Tour B RX

There are just too many shafts to keep track of. Isn't the Tensei Pro Orange the hot ticket item? Or was that yesterday?

I suppose it's great in that everybody should be able to find something they like. Some days it just seems like you'd have to sift through 40 shafts to do it :huh:

Titleist TSi3 8º - LAGP DJ 65-6
Titleist TSi3 15º - LAGP TourAxs Blue 
Mizuno Pro 225 2i - C-TaperL
Mizuno Pro 245  5-GW C-Taper 
Mizuno T22  52º, 56º, 60º C-Taper

Scotty Special Select Newport 2 
Titleist Left Dash -ProV1x

I just picked up one of these from the BST.

Comparing it to my XT60 stiff untipped, with exact same XD60 stiff untipped same length, the swingweights and balance points came out the same.

Should I expect approximately 200 less RPM and 1/2 deg lower launch?

might see less launch but the spin drop seems reasonable.

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Very hard to draw this shaft, could easily be my swing but the more I play with this shaft the more I like it. Added a few grams to my head and seemed to give me great control

it's not easy to hit a HARDER draw (ie more than 10y) -- but i found with some lead tape on the heel side, and one weight full forward and the other barely to draw it can go straighter or a marginal 5-10y draw.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Very hard to draw this shaft, could easily be my swing but the more I play with this shaft the more I like it. Added a few grams to my head and seemed to give me great control

it's not easy to hit a HARDER draw (ie more than 10y) -- but i found with some lead tape on the heel side, and one weight full forward and the other barely to draw it can go straighter or a marginal 5-10y draw.
Current setup:b7e7739117200cded195a2fbaa4724ec.jpg

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Current setup:

I recently put XD50S onto my M3 and also made the same weight configuration as yours. Haven't see a draw but at least a nicer straight with a bit fade. So far so good. Came from Epic Sub Zero + PO60s, which was more draw and sometimes hooking.

Current setup:

I recently put XD50S onto my M3 and also made the same weight configuration as yours. Haven't see a draw but at least a nicer straight with a bit fade. So far so good. Came from Epic Sub Zero + PO60s, which was more draw and sometimes hooking.

You still have the PO60S?

Current setup:

You still have the PO60S?

Yes I do, I keep both drivers. Just got my M3 built this week so I want to spend couple more rounds to make sure which one suits better in the long run. So far it seems M3 + KKXD is straighter with fade (no draw at all, if left it's a straight left), but 10~20 yards shorter. Epic SZ + PO go right and left, depends on the timing.

If u gotta take a little more spin out, drop the loft a touch with the XD. I did the same.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

If u gotta take a little more spin out, drop the loft a touch with the XD. I did the same.

Thanks for the suggestion! I was about to ask if anyone saw more spins after changing to XD. My normal spin is 1800~2200, while with XD it went up to 2400~4000. But the heads are different (Epic SZ vs M3).

Have you tried to move both weights to the very front to see if it kills the spin?

• 2 weeks later...

I played this shaft yesterday stiff 60 gram untipped. Fantastic shaft. I had an easier time turning it over than my XT60. Maybe slightly. The feel is incredible. Paired up with the m1 440 hit some real missiles. I got exactly what I wanted out of it, better distance into the wind.

And the graphics are sick!

2023 bag

Bridgestone Tour B RX

• 3 weeks later...

Another fantastic driving round with the XD. This shaft is so smooth. I haven’t had a chance to play in heavy wind but I know the XD is giving me less spin than the XT.

2023 bag

Bridgestone Tour B RX

I just put the XD 60TX in the bag. have been doing some testing against a ton of stuff.

Accra RPG 362, 372, and 472 M5

Rogue 125 70TX

Oban White 75 05

VA Raijin 74X

VA Raijin Black 65X

VA Drago 75X

Really feel like at this point it has come down to the Oban White and the XD. The Oban White on the range has been the most consistently straight when I put a smooth swing on it. But when I try to step on one, I hit this high spin weak shot to the right. Seems to be just extremely high spin when I really get on it.

The thing I love about the XD is that no matter what I do, there are no big misses with it. But when I swing really hard, it almost seems fly flatter. Feels awesome, looks awesome and had the shag bag out on an empty course last Thursday. It was windy and the XD seems almost unfazed by the wind. Just cut right through it and I am typically a 3000 rpm + player at ~115 mph smooth and up to 123 when I try to gas one. 60TX untipped in an 8.5 G400 LST. Thing has been money thus far.

I just put the XD 60TX in the bag. have been doing some testing against a ton of stuff.

Rogue 125 70TX

Oban White 75 05

VA Raijin 74X

VA Raijin Black 65X

VA Drago 75X

Really feel like at this point it has come down to the Oban White and the XD. The Oban White on the range has been the most consistently straight when I put a smooth swing on it. But when I try to step on one, I hit this high spin weak shot to the right. Seems to be just extremely high spin when I really get on it.

The thing I love about the XD is that no matter what I do, there are no big misses with it. But when I swing really hard, it almost seems fly flatter. Feels awesome, looks awesome and had the shag bag out on an empty course last Thursday. It was windy and the XD seems almost unfazed by the wind. Just cut right through it and I am typically a 3000 rpm + player at ~115 mph smooth and up to 123 when I try to gas one. 60TX untipped in an 8.5 G400 LST. Thing has been money thus far.

i told you man - i wouldn't lead you astray!!!

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Anyone try the 50x? I have a weird setup right now where I have lighter 95 gram iron shafts and a heavier 78 gram driver shaft. Want to try a lighter driver shaft for fun as the switch to lighter irons shafts works great for me. I played the XT 60x last year and it was great, just couldn't hit anything but a fade with it. Was thinking of trying XD 50x or 60s.

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

Rogue 125 70TX

Oban White 75 05

VA Raijin 74X

VA Raijin Black 65X

VA Drago 75X

I

I love the Oban white in a 3 wood but could never get along with it in a driver. High and spinny. I think XD is an awesome shaft. super crisp and super anti left for me. I still have my XD but I just can’t get away from Tensei Pro White... Just hit it so straight and it just feels so good. XD is probably longer but Tensei straighter.

Callaway Rogue ST 💎💎💎 LS 9* Ventus Black 6X (green dot adapter set to 7*)

Maverik Sub Zero 13.5 Ventus Blue 7X

Apex UW 19* Ventus Blue 8X

Callaway X Forged 4-PW Modus 125X

Apex MB Gap Wedge  50* Modus 125X

Vokey 56S & 60L TT Tour Issue S400

Scotty Cameron 2012 Select Newport

Rogue 125 70TX

Oban White 75 05

VA Raijin 74X

VA Raijin Black 65X

VA Drago 75X

Dude you weren't lying. I have been wanting one for a while, just had other stuff going on in my life. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Rogue 125 70TX

Oban White 75 05

VA Raijin 74X

VA Raijin Black 65X

VA Drago 75X

I

I love the Oban white in a 3 wood but could never get along with it in a driver. High and spinny. I think XD is an awesome shaft. super crisp and super anti left for me. I still have my XD but I just can’t get away from Tensei Pro White... Just hit it so straight and it just feels so good. XD is probably longer but Tensei straighter.

That is the thing I am seeing in the Driver with the White. If I just swing super controlled and don't swing hard at all, just perfect flight and straight as an arrow. I know myself and cannot control myself on the course. Not even consciously.....I just get the adrenaline and swing all out and I think the shaft may fold under pressure on the course. On range it was great though.

The XD is super Crisp. Seems like I have to be loose with driver to really start taking advantage of what it has to offer. I was going back and forth while warming up between a few differnt things. I don't think I made good contact with the XD for the first 10 swings with it, alternating between and just hitting everything else great. Then the XD got some life And it was just long and straight shot after shot.

@Axman55, which XD you have? 70TX? Tipping? I typically gravitate to a 70X or 70TX getting me up over 75g as it helps my control. I have a 60TX and really think my control has been pretty amazing in comparison to how I have been hitting of late. I may end up trying to snag a 70TX to compare but I am definitely not pressured to. I am really happy with the way I am swinging right now.

Rogue 125 70TX

Oban White 75 05

VA Raijin 74X

VA Raijin Black 65X

VA Drago 75X

Dude you weren't lying. I have been wanting one for a while, just had other stuff going on in my life. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Rogue 125 70TX

Oban White 75 05

VA Raijin 74X

VA Raijin Black 65X

VA Drago 75X

I

That is the thing I am seeing in the Driver with the White. If I just swing super controlled and don't swing hard at all, just perfect flight and straight as an arrow. I know myself and cannot control myself on the course. Not even consciously.....I just get the adrenaline and swing all out and I think the shaft may fold under pressure on the course. On range it was great though.

The XD is super Crisp. Seems like I have to be loose with driver to really start taking advantage of what it has to offer. I was going back and forth while warming up between a few differnt things. I don't think I made good contact with the XD for the first 10 swings with it, alternating between and just hitting everything else great. Then the XD got some life And it was just long and straight shot after shot.

@Axman55, which XD you have? 70TX? Tipping? I typically gravitate to a 70X or 70TX getting me up over 75g as it helps my control. I have a 60TX and really think my control has been pretty amazing in comparison to how I have been hitting of late. I may end up trying to snag a 70TX to compare but I am definitely not pressured to. I am really happy with the way I am swinging right now.

I have a 70TX untipped. I have moved to heavier driver shafts over the last year to help with tempo as well. I had a Kuro Kage DCXT 60TX that was awesome last year but got wild when I inevitability started going after it. Probably would still have it if it was a 70TX. The DCXT is a cool shaft because you can swing at it like 80% and still get it to load and kick. I find you have to stay aggressive with the XD to get optimum results.

Callaway Rogue ST 💎💎💎 LS 9* Ventus Black 6X (green dot adapter set to 7*)

Maverik Sub Zero 13.5 Ventus Blue 7X

Apex UW 19* Ventus Blue 8X

Callaway X Forged 4-PW Modus 125X

Apex MB Gap Wedge  50* Modus 125X

Vokey 56S & 60L TT Tour Issue S400

Scotty Cameron 2012 Select Newport

I have a 70TX untipped. I have moved to heavier driver shafts over the last year to help with tempo as well. I had a Kuro Kage DCXT 60TX that was awesome last year but got wild when I inevitability started going after it. Probably would still have it if it was a 70TX. The DCXT is a cool shaft because you can swing at it like 80% and still get it to load and kick. I find you have to stay aggressive with the XD to get optimum results.

Yeah, I have had a few DC XT. I had 2 60TX, and probably 4 70TX at different times. Don't know why I dumped them.

The thing about the XD is extremely true. I really have to be loose and swinging well to get what it needs. I find this to be somewhat comforting on the course as I don't really know how to dial back. Even if I tell myself to swing smooth, after years of fighting a crooked driver, the tension with driver in hand takes over and I swing more aggressively.

Probably why this is one setup that has translated from the range to the course. My buddy always laughs when we play together as he said he has never seen someone stripe my target line on the range with every club, and go to the course and hit 0 fairways and every shot is either a weak wipe right, or duck hook left with no clue which one will come on any hole.