Kuro Kage XD

No, it's not because you are new. It's very confusing. I think even more so for Stiff than X and TX flex. The information on S flex is just as confusing and seems to be more scarce as most people are buying X. That said, the XT60 S flex I have is the best shaft I've ever played so worth the reading and research IMO

I ordered the Tour Stiff silver base model (DC I guess you'd call it?) from Mike's on ebay largely because I was too confused by the XD and XT and what was what. I wanted a KK because at least to me the way it feels seems powerful and it's not boardy. Like even with a softer swing it's going to crush the ball. The X felt too stiff, the S was too soft, so I bought the TS which from the stuff I've read is right in the middle, but I can't get the XD and XT out of my head.

I’m permanently watching the same shaft you bought so if that one seems to work, I’d definitely keep my eyes peeled for an XT or XD.

You think they'll play similarly? From what I've read on the XT it's not significantly different that the Silver DC, and the TS is considerably stiffer than the stiff Silver DC. But again, I'm confused.

I am in the opposite boat as you guys, I got the TS Silver DC off the bay you've been eyeing, and have loved it in my F8+, playing it at 10.5 with the heavy weight forward, and 5g of cotton balls in the head, playing at 44.75" The slightly stiffer profile handles the added weight in the head better than the first gen KK Silver that I was using before, and the feel is off the charts. They ONLY thing that would possibly make it any better would be if it were 70g instead of 60, so I'm looking into a 70 XT S to tinker with

WITB 2023
- Srixon Zx5 mkII 10.5*, Tensei AV Blue 55s
-TSi2 16.5* Accra FX 2.0
-TSi2 18* hybrid, Fuji Motore F3
-TSi2 21* hybrid, Fuji Motore F3
-ZX7 5-PW, Fuji Pro 85
-50/54/58 Cleveland Zipcore TR, Fuji Pro 95 TS
-Sik Pro-C
-2023 Z-Star Diamond

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am in the opposite boat as you guys, I got the TS Silver DC off the bay you've been eyeing, and have loved it in my F8+, playing it at 10.5 with the heavy weight forward, and 5g of cotton balls in the head, playing at 44.75" The slightly stiffer profile handles the added weight in the head better than the first gen KK Silver that I was using before, and the feel is off the charts. They ONLY thing that would possibly make it any better would be if it were 70g instead of 60, so I'm looking into a 70 XT S to tinker with

I picked up a KKDC TX 60 and I still need to vet it further, but the KKDC TS feels absolutely perfect just taking some swings in the driveway. I'm with you on the 70 but only cause I need a 3-wood shaft. Thinking maybe even flow black 75. I don't know.

• 1 month later...

Curious, where would you guys say is the best place to nab an XT 60TX with a G400 tip on it? Anyone planning to sell one? Cheers....

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

Curious, where would you guys say is the best place to nab an XT 60TX with a G400 tip on it? Anyone planning to sell one? Cheers....

the best place to get the shaft is Toll, grab a G400 tip off golf works

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Seems like this shaft is having a tough time getting any footing on tour and in the gearhead community? Am I wrong on that? The numbers/feel from reviews were really promising, but, just not seeing a lot of these in play....

I really thought some of the XT loyalists (Rory, Fleetwood, Oleson) would bag this thing. It's possible it doesn't spin enough? And, none of my gear dork friends here in MN have added it to the bag either. I was about as excited about this shaft as any shaft in the past 2 years but, I never really fell in love with it. And, I'm not sure I really know why. It was fine, but, didn't feel markedly better than the XT and couldn't beat out the T1100 or PO for me in terms of accuracy or distance for me.

And, yes, I know we are not tour pros and shouldn't base the success of a shaft based on tour usage :).

Seems like this shaft is having a tough time getting any footing on tour and in the gearhead community? Am I wrong on that? The numbers/feel from reviews were really promising, but, just not seeing a lot of these in play....

I really thought some of the XT loyalists (Rory, Fleetwood, Oleson) would bag this thing. It's possible it doesn't spin enough? And, none of my gear dork friends here in MN have added it to the bag either. I was about as excited about this shaft as any shaft in the past 2 years but, I never really fell in love with it. And, I'm not sure I really know why. It was fine, but, didn't feel markedly better than the XT and couldn't beat out the T1100 or PO for me in terms of accuracy or distance for me.

And, yes, I know we are not tour pros and shouldn't base the success of a shaft based on tour usage :).

I think this has been the question amongst us guys playing it over the past few months. Mine suits me great. High bombs that go deep. If this shaft were to ever make it in Tiger's bag though, Mitsu wouldnt be able to keep up production I bet.

I just recently put the XD in the bag after speaking with Toll. Initial results are very promising. I haven't hit it on a launch monitor yet, but it has a good launch, spin seems to be under control for me (high spin player), and the ball seems to jump off the face more than the Atmos I was gaming. Looking forward to hitting this thing soon to get a better idea.

Honestly, no clue what the tour deal is. I hit mine into a 319y par 4 today, missed the green to the right but flew it pin high.

This shaft is staying in my driver.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Honestly, no clue what the tour deal is. I hit mine into a 319y par 4 today, missed the green to the right but flew it pin high.

gioguy - I saw your comment regarding the V3 PO and I find the same regarding a weird shot out of the blue every now and then from the V3 PO. Do you find the XD is much more consistent from that perspective? Also, I see its more fade biased, which is a good thing!!

gioguy - I saw your comment regarding the V3 PO and I find the same regarding a weird shot out of the blue every now and then from the V3 PO. Do you find the XD is much more consistent from that perspective? Also, I see its more fade biased, which is a good thing!!

The XD has been the most dependable shaft I've hit since the xtorsion green - and yes, it is fade biased.

Shes a beast.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

The XD has been the most dependable shaft I've hit since the xtorsion green - and yes, it is fade biased.

Shes a beast.

Im gonna have to get one to put up against my PO! Thanks for the insight.

Great thoughts, fellas. And, thanks for not ripping my head over pointing out what appears to be a underwhelming tour presence. That's awesome that it's working for you all!

When I talked to the Mitsu rep at the PGA Show, he was over the moon about it and though it would go in a lot of bags quickly. Of course, that's always the goal and hope.

I think Mitsu is it's own worst enemy right now but they're laughing all the way to the bank as a result! I mean, how do you compete with the Tensei line, XT line which still has loyalists and soon to be a DF (with an already good BF).

I mean, if I'm a a Mitsu rep and Rory loves the XT, do I want to push that hard for him to move off it? If I'm with another company, of course I do; I want him playing my company's shafts.

Mitsu really is killing it right now. So, if the XD has a quieter following, they'll be just fine. And, awesome that you all love it.

I can't get anything to knock my T1100 out of the bag. Played in a high pressure event this weekend and it's a baby blanket for me. Had I not found that, I could be in the XD.

Also, re: the PO, I too have noticed some VERY bad misses. It's almost like sometimes I/it just has a total brainfart. Like worm-burner bad....

Is the V3 the stock offering with the white W logo under the handle? That's the one I'm testing....and it is prone to the occasional nightmare miss.

Great thoughts, fellas. And, thanks for not ripping my head over pointing out what appears to be a underwhelming tour presence. That's awesome that it's working for you all!

When I talked to the Mitsu rep at the PGA Show, he was over the moon about it and though it would go in a lot of bags quickly. Of course, that's always the goal and hope.

I think Mitsu is it's own worst enemy right now but they're laughing all the way to the bank as a result! I mean, how do you compete with the Tensei line, XT line which still has loyalists and soon to be a DF (with an already good BF).

I mean, if I'm a a Mitsu rep and Rory loves the XT, do I want to push that hard for him to move off it? If I'm with another company, of course I do; I want him playing my company's shafts.

Mitsu really is killing it right now. So, if the XD has a quieter following, they'll be just fine. And, awesome that you all love it.

I can't get anything to knock my T1100 out of the bag. Played in a high pressure event this weekend and it's a baby blanket for me. Had I not found that, I could be in the XD.

Also, re: the PO, I too have noticed some VERY bad misses. It's almost like sometimes I/it just has a total brainfart. Like worm-burner bad....

Is the V3 the stock offering with the white W logo under the handle? That's the one I'm testing....and it is prone to the occasional nightmare miss.

Yes, its the one with the "W" and "MR70" and its really good BUT, just not as consistent for me as my KK XT TX which is why I am going to now try the XD based on gioguy's reviews. We all know the PO is really great otherwise it wouldn't be the most popular driver shaft among the top PGA players so its all about what fits your swing. Gonna try the XD and, my PO's (I have the 60 TX and 70 TX) might be going up on the BST.

Yes, its the one with the "W" and "MR70" and its really good BUT, just not as consistent for me as my KK XT TX which is why I am going to now try the XD based on gioguy's reviews. We all know the PO is really great otherwise it wouldn't be the most popular driver shaft among the top PGA players so its all about what fits your swing. Gonna try the XD and, my PO's (I have the 60 TX and 70 TX) might be going up on the BST.

Thanks buddy! Very interested to hear your thoughts as you are in between the same shafts that I am (absent the T1100)! How would you compare the launch on the XT vs PO? I used the XT for years but it did launch a bit higher than I'd like (my fault really with a +4 AoA). I expected the PO to be lower launching than the XT but it really isn't for me. How about for you?!

Thanks buddy! Very interested to hear your thoughts as you are in between the same shafts that I am (absent the T1100)! How would you compare the launch on the XT vs PO? I used the XT for years but it did launch a bit higher than I'd like (my fault really with a +4 AoA). I expected the PO to be lower launching than the XT but it really isn't for me. How about for you?!

the XT launched higher for me - not sure about SMU. the XT had more of a kick that i didn't like (probably why i didn't get along with the orange). with regards to launch (low to high), i'd say it'd go DC TX, XD TX, and XT TX (weight for weight).

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

I think the head used plays a role in the launch because I'm using G400 LST (8.5*) and from what I understand, they launch higher than say, TM & Cally heads. That said, I agree with gioguy, the XT has much more kick at impact than the PO and I'm not sure I can tell the difference in ball flight as to which one launches higher (and that is with using the exact same head in both shafts). I will say that the PO seems to spin a bit less but I have to get them on trackman to test all this to know for certain because as of now, I'm only going off ball flight which is not exact.

XD sounds promising as i am always looking for anti left in the driver, but i just did not like the dc xt tx as it for sure went left on me. I can’t imagine the xd being significantly different than the dc tx

Pro orange best shaft ive used but it does seem to have the What the heck shots out of nowhere (can’t be my swing right?)

Ping G400 Max 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
Ping G400 3 crossover Alta stiff
Callaway Apex 4-SW recoil 780 stiff
Cleveland cbx 60* recoil stiff
Biomech Acculock
Snell MTB Black

XD sounds promising as i am always looking for anti left in the driver, but i just did not like the dc xt tx as it for sure went left on me. I can't imagine the xd being significantly different than the dc tx

Pro orange best shaft ive used but it does seem to have the What the heck shots out of nowhere (can't be my swing right?)

If you want to never go left....I might look at the T1100. I feel like I'm becoming a hype boy for this shaft (gringe)...... I played in a pretty high pressure local member guest last week and didn't pull it ONCE in 3 days.....even with sweaty palms! Just a plug, FWIW!

XD sounds promising as i am always looking for anti left in the driver, but i just did not like the dc xt tx as it for sure went left on me. I can't imagine the xd being significantly different than the dc tx

Pro orange best shaft ive used but it does seem to have the What the heck shots out of nowhere (can't be my swing right?)

If you want to never go left....I might look at the T1100. I feel like I'm becoming a hype boy for this shaft (gringe)...... I played in a pretty high pressure local member guest last week and didn't pull it ONCE in 3 days.....even with sweaty palms! Just a plug, FWIW!

Which weight you gaming?

Ping G400 Max 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
Ping G400 3 crossover Alta stiff
Callaway Apex 4-SW recoil 780 stiff
Cleveland cbx 60* recoil stiff
Biomech Acculock
Snell MTB Black

i agree with you -- the T1100 was incredibly anti-left for me when i had it too. unfortunately, i like hitting a draw now and then lol

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Bake knows his stuff. I have the Pro Orange 70tx tipped 1/2... extremely stable no weird shots but for my own s*** swings. I added a lot of headweight To get to D7. You guys add a bunch of weight? Maybe that would help.

haha. thanks, man. Ain't that the truth about the weird misses. Maybe I should look in the mirror for those :)

i agree with you -- the T1100 was incredibly anti-left for me when i had it too. unfortunately, i like hitting a draw now and then lol

Wish I was good enough to trust a draw, Gio!

Been running the XD (70tx) on my M4 (8.5) for the last few months and have been very happy with it. Always struggled with over spinning everything and this seemed to help me out. My shots still seem to plug in the fairway and get about 3 feet of roll out max but that is a swing issue on my part. I would say the shaft is definitely fade biased as I have to work pretty hard to get it to draw for me. Overall pretty happy with it.

XD sounds promising as i am always looking for anti left in the driver, but i just did not like the dc xt tx as it for sure went left on me. I can’t imagine the xd being significantly different than the dc tx

Pro orange best shaft ive used but it does seem to have the What the heck shots out of nowhere (can’t be my swing right?)

X-TORSION Black Mamba. If you still want some launch. T-1100 will do it as guys said but it lacks feel and launches dead low.

True, Toll! As a guy who will take ANY reduction on launch angle humanly possible, the T1100 benefits me big time.

How’s does black mamba compare in launch and spin to T1100.... ive seen the tests you’ve done with XT/XT/PO. I know you can’t test everything and the T11 wasn’t in that bunch. Any chance you can comment on how it would have stacked up?