How Long Until You Put New Irons In Play?

2»

Comments

• RobertBaronRobertBaron Members Posts: 806 ✭✭
    As long as the grooves hold up and the chrome doesn’t fall to pieces, I’m playing my current irons for a very long time.
  • ian-500ian-500 Members Posts: 741 ✭✭
    ASAP. I've even opened a box of irons at the course and put them straight in to play. Admittedly I've taken along 2 or 3 irons of my previous set to compare on the course too. I might be doing this exact scenario this week image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Cobra F9 8* + Fujikura Speeder TR757x.
    Adams XTD 18* + Matrix White Tie x.
    Adams Pro 23 Tour Issue + Tour AD UT95x
    Adams DHY Pro 27 + UST Irod 105x.
    Adams XTD Forged Tour Issue 6i - GW + UST Recoil Prototype 125F5.
    Callaway PM19 54/58 + KBS Hi-Rev.
    SeeMore SB1, Accra FX300, Garsen.
  • toctoc Members Posts: 2,843 ✭✭
    Two thoughts:

1, it’s amazing how many people read a thread title and write a reply without reading a single post.

2. Also amazing how a minority of people tend to think they must club test and/or slowly assimilate new clubs into their bag like a pro might.
    Glove: ML
    Tees: 2 3/4
    Towel: white
    Repair tool: metal
    Ball Marker: largest poker chip in the world
    Iron headcovers: wait, what?

The feedback system is annoying
  • ago33ago33 Members Posts: 2,156 ✭✭
    I would return them and keep the old set if you feel more confidence in them
    Cobra F9 Speedback 9.................................Tensei Pro Orange 70 TX
    TC Callaway X Hot 3 Deep 14.5...................Rombax P95 X
    Taylormade GAPR Mid 3..............................Recoil Utility 110F5
    Mizuno MP-18 FliHi 4,5................................AMT TI X100
    Mizuno MP-25 6-PW....................................AMT TI X100
    Callaway MD Forged 50, 56.........................AMT TI S400
    TI Taylormade Hi Toe 60.09..........................AMT TI S400
    Scotty Cameron 5.5M...................................Grip Master
  • duffer987duffer987 Don't feed the Choo. Canadian in CaliforniaMembers Posts: 9,099 ✭✭
    If the spec has changed then a range session or two is certainly not to be unexpected image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> Especially if it helps you gain confidence for the course.

But those of us that swap around a lot, it might just be 20 balls on the range before hitting the first tee.

I bought some 919Ts before Xmas and took the 7i and PW to the range to hit 30 balls before playing them, along with my current 7i (current club is important to determine if you are having a bad day or it's actually the club, if you are not hitting them well).

They were my spec, but with different shafts I wanted to have some sense of the feel. That was enough, they've been in the bag 4 rounds now image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Enjoy your new clubs too OP!
  • chilllwavechilllwave Members Posts: 350 ✭✭
    I got mine during the winter, hit them once and then hopped on a plane to Florida next day. 5 rounds later and it was like I’d been playing them all my life.
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Callaway Epic 3W 15˚ - Aldila Rogue Max 75[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Nike Covert 3H - Kurokage 85 [/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Titleist 716 T-MB 4-UST Mamiya Recoil F3 95[/font]
    Titleist 716 T-MB 5-KBS Tour V 110
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Titleist 716 CB 6/7-KBS Tour V 110[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Titleist 716 MB 8/9/P-KBS Tour V 110[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Vokey SM7 - 50F, 55S, 59D[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Miura KM-007[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Jones Utility Bag[/font]
  • Edaw68Edaw68 Members Posts: 1,487 ✭✭
    Count me in the first round after I get them camp. I don't impulse buy irons, no radical spec changes, so easy to switch irons.