Hello everybody, I am new here, I'd appreciate any and all feedback.

> @Kanzas_Anthony said:

> @jholz Also, do people post their swings here on video? Is that against the etiquette. I don't want to be annoying.

Yes, lots of people - including myself.

Over time, I've gone away from posting videos of my own swing and more towards just lurking and reading a lot, plus responding to other's swing videos. It's always a good feeling when someone like Richard, Monte, or iteach concurs with your assessment.

There are also a few people who offer remote, video based instruction - like Monte. All I know is that WRX has improved my game and my knowledge of the swing.

Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5* - Stock Miyazaki C. Kua 50 Stiff
Callaway Diablo Octane Tour 13* - Aldila NV 75 Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* - Accra Dymatch M5 75
Mizuno F-50 18* - Stock Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Hybrid 21* - Aldila NV 85 Stiff
Callaway RAZR Tour Hybrid 24* - Stock XStiff
5 - PW Cleveland CG7 Tour Black Pearl - DGSL S300
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 50* DG Wedge
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54* DG Wedge
Callaway X-Series JAWS Slate CC 58* Stock Wedge
Odyssey White Ice #7 - Golf Pride Oversize

@jholz Yes I agree, I have been reading a lot today and kind of feel the same. I think I will work on as much as possible and when I think I have it good, I'll post here and listen to the criticism or advice and take it, use it and keep working. I've gotten a lot out already. I'll post scores and assessment to eventually, but I think I'll lay low and be a fly on the wall.

> @Kanzas_Anthony said:

> @jholz Also can you tell me who Richard is? Also is @iteachgolf on youtube? Thanks.

Richard is "Forged4Ever" - big Wilson Staff fan and dude has more stories/experience in this game than pretty much anyone you are going to meet.

iteach does post videos on here from time to time - usually showcasing his students - but I'm not sure if he has a dedicated youtube channel or if he has done any open instructional videos along the lines of Monte Scheinblum. He tends to post in the Instructional and Juniors/College Golf sub-forums. I get the sense that many of his students are aspiring younger players.

Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5* - Stock Miyazaki C. Kua 50 Stiff
Callaway Diablo Octane Tour 13* - Aldila NV 75 Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* - Accra Dymatch M5 75
Mizuno F-50 18* - Stock Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Hybrid 21* - Aldila NV 85 Stiff
Callaway RAZR Tour Hybrid 24* - Stock XStiff
5 - PW Cleveland CG7 Tour Black Pearl - DGSL S300
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 50* DG Wedge
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54* DG Wedge
Callaway X-Series JAWS Slate CC 58* Stock Wedge
Odyssey White Ice #7 - Golf Pride Oversize

> @Kanzas_Anthony said:

> Also, do people post their swings here on video? Is that against the etiquette. I don't want to be annoying.

It's absolutely ok. While I admire your video production skills, if you want to get the most helpful swing advice here, I'd suggest the following video tips (roughly in order of priority):

1. Keep length to 1 min or shorter (trim aggressively) with no background soundtrack. One swing DTL (down the line) and FO (face-on) is plenty, and it really doesn't matter if it was a good shot or not, or felt like a good swing to you or not. Our swings, and swing flaws, are amazingly consistent. If you're going to show an iron swing and a driver swing, do them in separate videos and label appropriately. And use a real swing at a real ball! Cheating with a ghost ball or swinging indoors at a foam ball can really change your swing.

2. Use correct camera position: a) hand-height for both DTL and FO; b) DTL should be on hands line (between ball and feet) pointing parallel to target line and parallel to ground plane; c) FO should be perpendicular to target line and centered on your body; d) make sure your entire swing arc is within the bounds of the video, without getting too far away.

3. Record swing in good light (bright overcast is best, sun behind camera is second best), at the fastest FPS your camera can do (modern higher-end smart phones can do 240 FPS, use it).

4. For extra credit: show each swing first in real-time (DTL and FO), then in slow-motion (DTL and FO).

5. Use a 7-iron and/or Driver

6. Embedding the video here rather than linking to YouTube will get more people to see it. To embed, use the YouTube share link and change the https:// prefix to http:// before pasting the link in our post here.

7. For double extra credit, learn the [P1-P10 swing positions](https://www.jamesparkergolf.com/10-golf-swing-positions-mac-o-grady/ "P1-P10 swing positions"), capture stills from the video through positions 1 (address) to 7 (impact), and include them for DTL and FO in your post (hardly anyone does this, but it's pretty useful to just glance at your positions and spot problems, or track your progress over time).

Good luck in your quest! Video and regular instruction, ideally in person or by video with one of our great instructors here like Monte or iteach, will teach you the right mechanics. To learn to actually play golf and shoot low scores, you'll need to actually play golf - not play driving range.

• Like 1

@GungHoGolf Yes sir! I will follow all those steps, including the extra credit! I put them all on youtube because I have had a hard drive and my internal hard drive on my Mac break in this year and lost everything I had. But now that I am getting more serious, you won't see another one of those videos on my page. I have my commandments. Straight into my notes. I really appreciate it, thank you!

> @Kanzas_Anthony said:

> @jholz Also can you tell me who Richard is? Also is @iteachgolf on youtube? Thanks.

Apologies as I guess I didn’t introduce myself as while my UN is Forged4ever, I’ve always signed off my posts/responses with either “RP” or “Richard,” the former being what everyone has called me since I was a kid and the latter what the ladies in my life(Mother, Sis & Madison, my fiancé) refer to me by, or my Father if he’s p!ssed at me?

JH summed up Dan and he Monte and Jim Waldron are all Class acts, excellent Pros and on the board and they’ll drop into threads and post some great observations, advice and in many cases, information that you’d have to pay a a Pro lesson type money to get. Great guys!!

All the guys that have posted in here are super guys(I run hot ‘n cold, lol?)

Feel free to call me whatever you’d like, lol?

All the Best,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

@GungHoGolf Thank you. I'll make a video tomorrow with what you told me. My camera only goes to 60fps but I should be getting an old iPhone in the mail soon that I think does 240fps. I already have the tripod for it, so I will be able to do two screens at the same time. Thank you for taking the time to explain all that to me.

> @Kanzas_Anthony said:

> @GungHoGolf Ah last thing, is the ball flight important to have in the video? I can use a different aperture to make all the focus on the body, or I can have it with a shorter lens and have the ball flight. Any suggestions on that?

Not important for the video at all. If you want to, you can describe the ball flight. Most instructors will be able to tell you your ball flight based on your swing.

> @Kanzas_Anthony said:

> @GungHoGolf Thank you. I'll make a video tomorrow with what you told me. My camera only goes to 60fps but I should be getting an old iPhone in the mail soon that I think does 240fps. I already have the tripod for it, so I will be able to do two screens at the same time. Thank you for taking the time to explain all that to me.

No need to do two angles at once - would be better to have both in 240fps. Like I said earlier, each swing is basically the same (close enough), so using one swing for DTL and one for FO is sufficient, and simpler than setting up two cameras.

OP - welcome to the wrx family. There’s the general WRX population and then there’s the instruction sub-forum diehards. We’re kind of like the red headed stepchild of wrx.

As you’ve noticed there’s a lot of friendly folks here and you’ve gotten some awesome advice already.

Good job on your swing and those beautiful videos; looks like you have some great natural ability.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

If you’ve truly played the small amount of golf that you’ve stated, you should fly to Florida, spend 6 months of intensive work with Dan Carraher, then proceed to win professional golf events by next year.

Also, that range is breathtaking. I’m not sure I’d ever leave.

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: Taylormade Stealth Plus 3 Wood HZRDUS Smoke Green 70X D6

Hybrid: Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 19.5 Tensei AV White 85 X D6

Irons: Sub70 659 MB 5-GW DG 105 X (Takomo 201's w/ occasional cameos)

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

@GungHoGolf Ok perfect. Ill do a test today then when I get the phone it will be 240fps like you said.

@ebrasmus21 yes, interesting place here, I can finally talk golf with people who are as crazy about it as I am. It's refreshing that people are nice and accepting! That means a lot to me.

@PowderedToastMan That's encouraging but one thing at a time. I haven't played a serious round yet at all, let alone scored well. The pro's on any level are insane how good they are. I need to develop a lot before I even think of competitive golf. I'm going to have to go through a lot before it will be worth it for someone to invest their time in me. I think being here will suffice for a long time. Seem's like one can get a lot of great advice here, not only about the swing but everything golf related. Yes that is the most beautiful range I've ever been at. I love planes too o that makes it even cooler. It is called Bois Chenu in Barcelonette France. Cheap baskets of balls too. More than worth the 1:30 min drive.

@GungHoGolf

Hello, here is the video of the Driver and 7 iron. I put the 9-3 drill too just to see what I can improve on. I am having a problem on the downswing. It appears that I am afraid to rotate. Maybe weak hip strength, maybe a little fear, maybe spine angle. I am not 100% sure, which is why I am hoping to get some feedback.

Driver face on

DTL Driver

Back Driver

Face on 7 iron

DTL 7 iron

Back 7 iron

9-3 Although I went past 9 and 3. I'll get better at it.

Thanks. Have a good Saturday.

• Like 1

@Kanzas_Anthony , for the life of me, I don't understand why your videos haven't created more interest and feedback from some of the more experienced and generous teaching pros here on GolfWRX.

You clearly have a unique story to tell, a passionate love of the game and some serious natural ability. Hopefully, Monte, Dan (iTeach), or perhaps Jim Waldron will chime in and provide some suggestions... ??

"Don't let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do." - John Wooden

"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.” - Henry Thoreau

It's ok! :) Maybe because I am kind of weird, and no one has really seen me yet either, I'm missing a front tooth :# I doubt people judge by my clothes and my style, but when people see me smile they always react funny. It's likely because I really haven't played on the course at all and maybe I'll shoot 90's. Or maybe they just need to get to know me on here longer. I'll need to prove myself if I am going to have anyone invest time in helping me. I'll keep grinding. I'm working hard now on my transition and I saw something in my chipping and pitching that I didn't notice before, so I have a ton to work on. It's raining here all week so I won't be able to film anything. I'll post another set of videos hopefully next week. I'll make an overall video assessment with my Putting, chipping, pitching, 7, Driver, bunker if I can, and flop shot. Then maybe someone will have feedback for me. I worked on my rotation a lot yesterday but it was raining so I coudn't film. I'm improving everyday though and that is what's important.

Hi Anthony, I’m Madison, Richard’s fiancé and though my club instituted a new social media policy and rules of which I am not supposed to post in any instructional social media medium, regardless of format, of which they consider this to be one, I just wanted to drop in and wish your the best as you begin your journey in the game. you seem like a great guy and this is an amazing game/sport with some of the most amazing people you will ever meet in it, and if you play long enough, it will test and tax every emotion that you have, and maybe even uncover a few that you didn’t know that you had, haha. You have some super guys in here in David(Obes), JH, Powder and Ebras, just to mention a few, though all these guys are a great reflection of the Best that the game has to offer. You have a nice swing and while you may not be able to follow Powder’s advice in getting to Dan, you should at least get another pair of eyes to look at your swing down the road. Also, while all of the advice in here is kind hearted, sincere and mostly accurate(which is surprising, hahaha), be very careful about who you listen to and what you try to implement. Having taught the game for just over 23 years, I’ve lost count of the he number of students who had nice natural swings and in listening to other kind well intentioned advice givers they tied themselves in knots. Oh yea, I didn’t mean to disinclude mentioning Richard though he does not lack in confidence and I’ve picked up where our teacher, Pete, left off, as a sort of counter balance, haha. A counterbalance to what you might ask? Well, his favorite song is Kid Rock’s “A Motherf***** Quite Like Me,” haha. Best wishes Anthony? Madison

@nikegal Thank you for taking the time to write, and the risk! I've read it now, so you can delete it if it is better for you. Yes, I think the people you have mentioned have wrote here already :) I have taught myself a lot of things, mostly everything I have done in the past. Cinema, literature, making clothes, music, among other things. What I have learned from all the years of teaching myself things I have found a good way to sift through what I think I need and what I don't, to some degree. I have the swing I want in my minds eye and there are a few things need to get in order to have that. I'd like to just build it first then not mess with it too much, I know golf is a lot more than the swing. A good foundation will be repeatable which is all I am after. I also speak 5 languages, which doesn't really matter :) but I hope will show that when I choose to do something, I follow through. I have been reading a lot of threads which is great. I can just type in a question in the search box and there is a lot of information on my question. My golf goals for the near future is to rotate a lot more at impact and hold my angles(hand/wrist and spine) I am not technical and don't want to become that. I've alway been good at sports so I don't want to lose that natural feel. I have read a few articles on trackman stuff so I have learned to hit a draw from that, which is cool because in my whole life I never hit draws, at least not on purpose. Although I prefer a fade and will make that my stock shot once I get a sound foundation. I would love to work with a teacher eventually but I won't be able to for a few years probably, so I will need to get it as good as possible as soon as possible then learn how to score. What I am looking forward to is having golf help with patience, tolerance and anger. Also not being afraid to fail or be as good as I think I should be, golf will be a good teacher for that. There are many lessons in golf like you mentioned.

I will lay low for a while and post another series of swings when I figure out this rotation and tilt stuff. Enjoy the Pga today!

@nikegal yes! That is what I have been doing these last 2 days. I mixed in the shut face drill with the feet together drill with the 9-3 drill. I helped instantly. I will focus on only that for the next month. And mainly my transition, I always rush the downswing, and I worked on that today, but that will take a little while to get used to, it felt like I stopped forever, then looked at the video and it was super normal to even still a little quick.

> @nikegal said:

> > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > So is that a new golf bib overall in “casual” mode?

> >

>

> Hahaha, I think that Richard would wear that well

>

>

No

Cheers?

Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

@BogeyPutt34 I am fully focused on that. I'll post a few examples of where I am at. I don't want to get too annoying here, but with the short game i think my plane is off a little, I always hit a little to the right of where I am aimed. Maybe you have some advice.

As for this morning I took big step forward, and wouldn't have made it here this quick without the help of the people here already. Granted these are with a foam ball. I am so happy today it's crazy. I was killing myself with this transition and spine angle. Still far from perfect, but I feel like I understand it all much better now. I wish I had came here 6 months ago!

Iron DTL

Driver Face on

Driver Dtl

Short game

mid pitches until the battery ran out--and flops--then 40m shot.

Bunker--high pitch to short pin--and short downhill chip--starts a 9:14 if the video hasn't been trimmed yet.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!!

I will relax here and turn attention to putting, short game, and playing on the course. Can't thank you guys enough. That 9-3 drill and the comment about me going lateral helped a lot. The encyclopaedia texarkana led me to Spider(Matt Loving and his swing for some reason clicked with me.) Very thankful but a long long way to go!