J13's WITB: Update- FUJIKURA AXIOM

> @getair23 said:

> I'm loving the Super Mario cover.

haha thanks. My wife made it for me and of course, my kids love it. Never too old for Mario Bros and reminds me not to take golf too seriously.

> @denvergolf said:

> > @J13 said:

> > > @denvergolf said:

> > > > @J13 said:

> > > > > @ProjectX_Mizuno said:

> > > > > Still using the Flash TD?

> > > >

> > > > Yes, with HZRDUS Black Smoke 70X. Tried a few other shafts but so far this is the best combo.

> > > That exact combo just showed up yesterday. I got a chance to work it out on the range today. I didn't put it on trackman, but I'm really happy the devil (aka J13) made me do it. No kidding, I hit this driver with less dispersion than my some of my irons. It was really really straight.

> >

> > Devil is in the details haha

> After a few rounds under the belt, the TD is still just super straight for me. I don't know if it's the longest I've hit, and I don't care at all. At this point in my life, I'm looking to move it out there between the rough lines and score.

Straight wins every time. Distance is a bonus.

• Like 3

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

> @J13 said:

> Testing

> Cally Triple Diamond w/HZRDUS BLack Smoke 70 vs Ping G410 Plus w/ Xphlexxx Agera 75g

>

> The Ping G410 Plus gave me better numbers than the LST so I went with it. If I see good things I will most likely give it the tour treatment and shift weight around to drop more spin.

>

>

>

> ai3uc02v1ykc.jpeg

> rhymaj6qaiuc.jpeg

>

Did you have the Rogue Silver 130 at one point?

Did the 410 plus beat your g400LST or beat the 410LST?

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

....My LST and Blueprints should be here this week. The LST will go up against my m5...but now I need a hzrdus green...hhahahhhah, never ends....g410 fairways are nice with the tour treatment as well???

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

> @endy said:

> > @J13 said:

> > Testing

> > Cally Triple Diamond w/HZRDUS BLack Smoke 70 vs Ping G410 Plus w/ Xphlexxx Agera 75g

> >

> > The Ping G410 Plus gave me better numbers than the LST so I went with it. If I see good things I will most likely give it the tour treatment and shift weight around to drop more spin.

> >

> >

> >

> > ai3uc02v1ykc.jpeg

> > rhymaj6qaiuc.jpeg

> >

> Did you have the Rogue Silver 130 at one point?

>

>

I did but it launched too high and I dumped it

Edel PROTO

> @J13 said:

> > @endy said:

> > > @J13 said:

> > > Testing

> > > Cally Triple Diamond w/HZRDUS BLack Smoke 70 vs Ping G410 Plus w/ Xphlexxx Agera 75g

> > >

> > > The Ping G410 Plus gave me better numbers than the LST so I went with it. If I see good things I will most likely give it the tour treatment and shift weight around to drop more spin.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > ai3uc02v1ykc.jpeg

> > > rhymaj6qaiuc.jpeg

> > >

> > Did you have the Rogue Silver 130 at one point?

> >

> >

>

> I did but it launched too high and I dumped it

Thanks for the feedback, that’s crazy! I’m thinking of pairing one with G410 plus but want to make sure and keep launch and spin reasonable

> @Deuce78 said:

> ....My LST and Blueprints should be here this week. The LST will go up against my m5...but now I need a hzrdus green...hhahahhhah, never ends....g410 fairways are nice with the tour treatment as well???

The G410 Plus gave me more consistent numbers than the G400LST and G410LST. If all goes well in the initial testing I'll give the Plus the tour treatment and drop spin a few hundred more RPM's. So far i've gotten 2 practice sessions and 1 round in with the Plus and it performed well. Sound is terrible compared to my Triple Diamond but it's not a big deal as it would change with melt.

Edel PROTO

It’s crazy how over the past couple years Ping has brought the heat with their woods. It’s like they came out of nowhere. They more than hold their own with TM and Callaway.

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

> @noodle3872 said:

> It’s crazy how over the past couple years Ping has brought the heat with their woods. It’s like they came out of nowhere. They more than hold their own with TM and Callaway.

Ping has a lot of brain power behind their clubs so it's not surprising to me. The Ping G400LST was a phenomenal offering and king of the hill IMO for the last few years. This year is a bit of a different story with Callaway bringing the heat with Epic Flash and Ping dropping the ball with the G410LST release. For those that like the forgivness of the G410 Plus but want a little lower spin, just grab a 10g weight and add the weight back to the head in the front. Works like a charm and i've done probably 8-10 heads like that in my shop. Drops around 150-200rpms if done right along with the rest of the build.

Edel PROTO

Triple Diamond vs G410 plus vs G410 LST.

09w1d2tibhpo.jpeg

2woz40b8uenn.jpeg

Edel PROTO

> @zwhitworth said:

> Gotta ask - where did you get that nintendo headcover???

My wife made it. At one point she made a dozen or so and I sold them. Problem is they are time-consuming otherwise I could have sold a ton of them haha.

> @ProjectX_Mizuno said:

> Which driver is in the lead as of now???

Update on all of that coming later today when i get a chance to sit down at a computer.

• Like 1

Edel PROTO

UPDATE:

**Ping G410LST** -

Great looking head, much better sound than the G410Plus and around 250ish rpm's lower in spin for me compared to the Plus (in stock form). Overall Ping did a great job but it's not better than my Triple Diamond and it's almost identical (results wise) to my G400LST. With that said I parted ways with the driver as it didn't win in dispersion or distance over the Cally Triple Diamond. I tried multiple shafts in it but couldn't get it to produce anything magical. Flight was mid and there's really nothing negative to say about it other than it wasn't better than what i have. If you were to ask me in April what i would be playing I would have said Ping G410LST all the way but the Triple Diamond from Callaway has proved to be a phenomenal driver.

**Ping G410 Plus**

Great looking head but sound/feel is loud. Forgiveness is exceptional and spin is well within the good range for optimizing a driver. I find the Plus to be the bigger leap forward from Ping this year as they kept super high MOI while reducing spin in the head. Also tried multiple shafts in this head and couldn't find anything special until I tried the Graphite Design Tour AD VR 7X. Now keep in mind I tried this shaft in my Triple Diamond and HATED IT. Feel wise it was good but dispersion was garbage so I tried to unload it on the BST and Ebay and had a hard time as it's a fairly new shaft and not much hype around it. So on a whim I put it in my G410Plus head and headed to the course for a money game. I figured I'd try the combo before i played but the Triple would be in the bag when the round started. Fast forward to the first tee I decided I'll give the Plus at least 9 holes as I hit it pretty well on the range (unexpectedly). So I gave the Triple to our Pro and asked if he could toss it in his office and I will most likely need it for the back 9 haha. I actually took out a club so I could add the Triple if needed at the turn and not create a fuss. With all of that said the Plus never came out and I hit 8 for 8 fairways on the day for a -4 (68) and left the course with some change in my pocket ;-) The VR shaft is INCREDIBLE in this head, I highly suggest people trying this new shaft. Very stable and it's definitely giving me a little more ballspeed compared to the other shafts I've tried in the Plus.

The race is down to the Callaway Triple Diamond vs G410 Plus. Both exceptional

• Like 2

Edel PROTO

J,

Great stuff as usual. I agree with you on the VR shaft. I’ll have to give it a try in the 410.

• Like 1
Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Great to see a WRX staple still actively ho-ing, I mean, providing great info on multiple drivers, even though I've been gone for like 2 years. Love the headcover as others have said, also nice to see those 745 irons, I feel like you stay pretty loyal to irons once you find a set you like.

• Like 3

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach

> @GC70 said:

> J,

> Great stuff as usual. I agree with you on the VR shaft. I’ll have to give it a try in the 410.

Thanks brotha. Scratchswinger told me about the VR so I figured I'd grab one. First impression was blah then it got plugged into the Plus and wow. Goes to show how different heads marry up to different shafts. I have ZERO idea why that is but i've seen it time and time again in fittings and on the course.

> @Puppetmaster said:

> Great to see a WRX staple still actively ho-ing, I mean, providing great info on multiple drivers, even though I've been gone for like 2 years. Love the headcover as others have said, also nice to see those 745 irons, I feel like you stay pretty loyal to irons once you find a set you like.

YO!!!! I'm still ~~ho'ing~~ testing haha. It's part of the fun for me. Hope all is well man and you are correct on the irons. The 745's are a unicorn. Glad to see you back around, what are you playing these days?

• Like 2

Edel PROTO

> @ProjectX_Mizuno said:

> Did you find the TD to launch high or low? I am debating on which loft to go with. Thanks for your reviews man!!!!

It launches lower than the standard Sub Zero if that helps you compare it to something. I would say go with the loft you normally play.

• Like 1

Edel PROTO

Just don’t see anything beating the Cally

TM SiM 9* Kuro Kage XT 60 TX

TM SiM 15* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X

Titleist u500 2 Diamana Tensei Blue 90X, 4 DG TI S400

Titleist T100 5-6 DG TI S400

Titleist MB 7-PW DG TIS400
Artisan TW/TGR Blade 50*, Artisan 55R, 59TW S400
001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

> @J13 said:

> UPDATE:

>

> **Ping G410LST** -

> Great looking head, much better sound than the G410Plus and around 250ish rpm's lower in spin for me compared to the Plus (in stock form). Overall Ping did a great job but it's not better than my Triple Diamond and it's almost identical (results wise) to my G400LST. With that said I parted ways with the driver as it didn't win in dispersion or distance over the Cally Triple Diamond. I tried multiple shafts in it but couldn't get it to produce anything magical. Flight was mid and there's really nothing negative to say about it other than it wasn't better than what i have. If you were to ask me in April what i would be playing I would have said Ping G410LST all the way but the Triple Diamond from Callaway has proved to be a phenomenal driver.

>

> **Ping G410 Plus**

> Great looking head but sound/feel is loud. Forgiveness is exceptional and spin is well within the good range for optimizing a driver. I find the Plus to be the bigger leap forward from Ping this year as they kept super high MOI while reducing spin in the head. Also tried multiple shafts in this head and couldn't find anything special until I tried the Graphite Design Tour AD VR 7X. Now keep in mind I tried this shaft in my Triple Diamond and HATED IT. Feel wise it was good but dispersion was garbage so I tried to unload it on the BST and Ebay and had a hard time as it's a fairly new shaft and not much hype around it. So on a whim I put it in my G410Plus head and headed to the course for a money game. I figured I'd try the combo before i played but the Triple would be in the bag when the round started. Fast forward to the first tee I decided I'll give the Plus at least 9 holes as I hit it pretty well on the range (unexpectedly). So I gave the Triple to our Pro and asked if he could toss it in his office and I will most likely need it for the back 9 haha. I actually took out a club so I could add the Triple if needed at the turn and not create a fuss. With all of that said the Plus never came out and I hit 8 for 8 fairways on the day for a -4 (68) and left the course with some change in my pocket ;-) The VR shaft is INCREDIBLE in this head, I highly suggest people trying this new shaft. Very stable and it's definitely giving me a little more ballspeed compared to the other shafts I've tried in the Plus.

>

> The race is down to the Callaway Triple Diamond vs G410 Plus. Both exceptional

Son of a gun I’m gonna be on the lookout for an AD VR 7X now haha!

• Like 1

> @scratchswinger said:

> Puppetmaster!!! Holy ****!!

>

> VR is a great shaft, glad to see it worked out (at least for now). My local fitter was telling its his most popular shaft for stronger platers.

Any comparison to the Tour AD-TP 7X? That's the shaft I have for the 410 plus (after J13's outpatient surgery ;))

Update at the end of the week. Had family staying with me from out of town so I've been playing tour guide. So far LOVING both for different reasons but both are dialed with settings and shaft so I can really put both to the test.

Edel PROTO

J, I saw in an earlier post that you have you hzrdus smoke tipped an inch, have you ever played one not tipped? I ask because I just got a triple diamond with an untipped smoke shaft. It felt pretty loose compared to the agera ric proto I got from you a few years back and I am trying to figure out how much I need to tip it.

917 D3 8.5 Xphlexx Agera Orange RF Proto
SLDR Mini 12 Evo Speeder TS 757x
SLDR Mini 15.8 Rogue Black 110 80TX
Srixon 765 4-6 PX LZ 6.0
Srixon 965 7-PW PX LZ 6.0
Mizuno T7 50 PX LZ 6.0
Vokey TVD 54V & 58V
Bettinardi Studio Stock 14 or Odyssey O-works 7

> @oldhamer25 said:

> J, I saw in an earlier post that you have you hzrdus smoke tipped an inch, have you ever played one not tipped? I ask because I just got a triple diamond with an untipped smoke shaft. It felt pretty loose compared to the agera ric proto I got from you a few years back and I am trying to figure out how much I need to tip it.

Black Smoke is more active than the HZRDUS Black but that's by design. If i were you I would tip 1" and if you need to add the length back just pop in an extension. 1" won't change the shaft performance.

Edel PROTO

And then there was two. I have NO idea who's going to come out on top. This weekend will be the decider.

**Ping G410 Plus 9* w/ Graphite Design Tour Ad VR

Ping G410 LST 14.5* w/ HZRDUS Black

Vs.

Callaway EF Triple Diamond 9* w/ HZRDUS Black Smoke

Callaway EF 3+ (13.5*) w/ HZRDUS Black

b8z9pwyfpceo.jpeg

aierwp3wnq7i.jpeg

Edel PROTO

> @J13 said:

> And then there was two. I have NO idea who's going to come out on top. This weekend will be the decider.

>

>

> **Ping G410 Plus 9* w/ Graphite Design Tour Ad VR

> Ping G410 LST 14.5* w/ HZRDUS Black

>

> Vs.

>

>

> Callaway EF Triple Diamond 9* w/ HZRDUS Black Smoke

> Callaway EF 3+ (13.5*) w/ HZRDUS Black

> **

> b8z9pwyfpceo.jpeg

> aierwp3wnq7i.jpeg

>

Any thoughts on hzrdus black vs hzrdus smoke? Long time hzrdus black tipped 1” user debating giving the smoke a try.

• J13 changed the title to J13's WITB: Update- FUJIKURA AXIOM