RECAPS: The 2019 Titleist Pro V1 Experience. GolfWRX Members visit Titleist World Headquarters!

KC, wish you could have joined us. It was an incredible experience. If you sign up to be a Team Titleist Member online, you can book a tour at Ball Plant 3. I would be very interested in a comparison of the similarities/differences between the two manufacturing processes. The behind the curtain look at how other ball companies regularly let less than perfect products get to market was eye opening. For me more than anything else, the ball fitting was the best part of the trip in regards to helping me play better golf.

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi WB 63 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
Toulon First Run Las Vegas DB

Pro V1

I would love to visit Chicopee to compare.

Also when it comes to the whole cutting of balls, obviously titleist isn’t immune to it, but I’ve seen little to none titleist balls from the past few releases with off center stuff... don’t think it’s coincidence.

plus with all of this going on, it has brought up so many questions I would love to ask Eric or the r&d guys about. Maybe I’ll email him and ask to see some answers on what they think.

Forever Changing at this point.......

I am a Titleist player for the most part, and I posted earlier about balls being equal blah blah blah.. It was mentioned that a long term test, er summer test with scores would be good to see.. So,,, I will post said scores but first. I am biased. I used to play Bridgestone irons so naturally I gravitated to Bridgestone balls..

June: TP5x - 89, 88,89,86,92 I think I chunked my last 2 balls into the woods on purpose..

July : Tour B RXS - 85, 80, 89, 89, 85

July : ProV1 - 1 week, all 9 holes, The Course at Sewanee - 44,42,38,41,39,44,38,39,38

Totally not a scientific test, and I suck, but by my rudimentary estimate I play better with a ProV1.....

• Like 1

Honma TR20 Vizard RED S

Callaway Fusion 3 Wood Recoil S

PXG 6-Gap TT Elevate S

Vokey SM8 50, 54, 58

Scotty Phantom X 5.5

Anyone see that new Titleist tour ball thread. Do we think that was that the prototype ball we demoed at Manchester Lane?

Taylormade QI10LS 10.5 @11.25 Ventus TR Red 6X

Taylormade Stealth Plus 3 wood 15 @15.75 Ventus TR Red 8X

Taylormade Stealth 2+ 2 Rescue @18.5* LAGP AXS RED 85HX
Titleist T200 4-6 T150 7-PW Modus 105X 4 iron 120X 5-PW

Taylormade My MG4 50 Modus 120X
Taylormade My MG4 56 TI DG S400

Taylormade My High Toe 3 60 TI DG S400

Taylormade Spider Tour V Stability Tour

Taylormade TP5X 2024

> @"Mr. Grumpy" said:

> I am a Titleist player for the most part, and I posted earlier about balls being equal blah blah blah.. It was mentioned that a long term test, er summer test with scores would be good to see.. So,,, I will post said scores but first. I am biased. I used to play Bridgestone irons so naturally I gravitated to Bridgestone balls..

>

> June: TP5x - 89, 88,89,86,92 I think I chunked my last 2 balls into the woods on purpose..

> July : Tour B RXS - 85, 80, 89, 89, 85

> July : ProV1 - 1 week, all 9 holes, The Course at Sewanee - 44,42,38,41,39,44,38,39,38

>

> Totally not a scientific test, and I suck, but by my rudimentary estimate I play better with a ProV1.....

Are you less grumpy when hitting a Titleist?

Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway PM Grind 64*

Pro V1

> @getair23 said:

> > @"Mr. Grumpy" said:

> > I am a Titleist player for the most part, and I posted earlier about balls being equal blah blah blah.. It was mentioned that a long term test, er summer test with scores would be good to see.. So,,, I will post said scores but first. I am biased. I used to play Bridgestone irons so naturally I gravitated to Bridgestone balls..

> >

> > June: TP5x - 89, 88,89,86,92 I think I chunked my last 2 balls into the woods on purpose..

> > July : Tour B RXS - 85, 80, 89, 89, 85

> > July : ProV1 - 1 week, all 9 holes, The Course at Sewanee - 44,42,38,41,39,44,38,39,38

> >

> > Totally not a scientific test, and I suck, but by my rudimentary estimate I play better with a ProV1.....

>

> Are you less grumpy when hitting a Titleist?

I eat my scuffed ones for breakfast then put shiny new ones in play. Does it help at all that I wax them before going out on the course?

Honma TR20 Vizard RED S

Callaway Fusion 3 Wood Recoil S

PXG 6-Gap TT Elevate S

Vokey SM8 50, 54, 58

Scotty Phantom X 5.5

> @Drewmiller07 said:

> @n_rones I was going to say something in the group message. I’ll bet we can guess the flight and spin on the new ball.

what would be that guess??

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

The prototype balls we hit were absolutely **REDACTED**!! I couldnt wait to see how the tour pros reacted to the flight and spin characteristics. Im sure that wouldnt be the ball for Bubba though.... (hope nobody saw what i did there) ;)

• Like 1

TaylorMade SiM 6.5* Graphite Design AD HD 6x Tipped 1"
Titleist TSR2+ 3w (C1) 12.25*  Tensei 1K Black 75x

Titleist TSi3 17* (C1) Hybrid Fujikura Motore Speeder Tour spec HB 8.8X 

Titleist U505 4i Mitsubishi MMT 105TX
Titleist T100S 5i-PW Mitsubishi MMT 105TX
Vokey SM9 48*F, 53*F, 58*S DG TI Onyx S400's
Artisan SS 0217 Putter
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/777451-518titleistx-2013-witb-warning-heavy-titleist-content-inside/"]WITB Link[/url]

Anyone hear on the 11pm Sports Center last night, that MLB isn't using baseballs, they're using Pro V1's. When talking about all the home runs this season, pretty funny.

Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway PM Grind 64*

Pro V1

• 3 weeks later...

Some of the custom ball options we saw in Mass. for sale at the White House. Definitely not the Left dash version.

d5vqba6wc4ru.jpg

Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway PM Grind 64*

Pro V1

I'm actually excited for the left dash ProV1x!

• Like 1

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

> @tbowles411 said:

> I'm actually excited for the left dash ProV1x!

Really, it does not seem to fit many players. What about it are you excited for? Huge distance off the tee?

BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @tbowles411 said:

> > I'm actually excited for the left dash ProV1x!

>

> Really, it does not seem to fit many players. What about it are you excited for? Huge distance off the tee?

The low spin off the driver. I can get along with both versions of the ProV1 and the X. I love the AVX but it flies too low. The thought of high launch and low spin should "hopefully" do nicely.

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

> @tbowles411 said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > @tbowles411 said:

> > > I'm actually excited for the left dash ProV1x!

> >

> > Really, it does not seem to fit many players. What about it are you excited for? Huge distance off the tee?

> The low spin off the driver. I can get along with both versions of the ProV1 and the X. I love the AVX but it flies too low. The thought of high launch and low spin should "hopefully" do nicely.

>

I don't think the Left Dash is going to be high launch. Somewhere between AVX and Pro V1 with a softer feel than the AVX. I would definitely like to see how these preform on approach shots.

Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway PM Grind 64*

Pro V1

> @getair23 said:

> > @tbowles411 said:

> > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > @tbowles411 said:

> > > > I'm actually excited for the left dash ProV1x!

> > >

> > > Really, it does not seem to fit many players. What about it are you excited for? Huge distance off the tee?

> > The low spin off the driver. I can get along with both versions of the ProV1 and the X. I love the AVX but it flies too low. The thought of high launch and low spin should "hopefully" do nicely.

> >

>

> I don't think the Left Dash is going to be high launch. Somewhere between AVX and Pro V1 with a softer feel than the AVX. I would definitely like to see how these preform on approach shots.

Interesting. I am just regurgitating what I read. I know "high launch" is all relative to something else. I am curious as well. would love to try it. Although, I tend to need spin, not take it off.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @getair23 said:

> > > @tbowles411 said:

> > > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > > @tbowles411 said:

> > > > > I'm actually excited for the left dash ProV1x!

> > > >

> > > > Really, it does not seem to fit many players. What about it are you excited for? Huge distance off the tee?

> > > The low spin off the driver. I can get along with both versions of the ProV1 and the X. I love the AVX but it flies too low. The thought of high launch and low spin should "hopefully" do nicely.

> > >

> >

> > I don't think the Left Dash is going to be high launch. Somewhere between AVX and Pro V1 with a softer feel than the AVX. I would definitely like to see how these preform on approach shots.

>

> Interesting. I am just regurgitating what I read. I know "high launch" is all relative to something else. I am curious as well. would love to try it. Although, I tend to need spin, not take it off.

For me, the side spin kills me on those off center shots. High right is the miss. That's where the AVX earns it's money for me. I just wish it flew higher, and that's where the left dash is supposed to be from everything I heard.

• Like 1

> @tbowles411 said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > @getair23 said:

> > > > @tbowles411 said:

> > > > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > > > @tbowles411 said:

> > > > > > I'm actually excited for the left dash ProV1x!

> > > > >

> > > > > Really, it does not seem to fit many players. What about it are you excited for? Huge distance off the tee?

> > > > The low spin off the driver. I can get along with both versions of the ProV1 and the X. I love the AVX but it flies too low. The thought of high launch and low spin should "hopefully" do nicely.

> > > >

> > >

> > > I don't think the Left Dash is going to be high launch. Somewhere between AVX and Pro V1 with a softer feel than the AVX. I would definitely like to see how these preform on approach shots.

> >

> > Interesting. I am just regurgitating what I read. I know "high launch" is all relative to something else. I am curious as well. would love to try it. Although, I tend to need spin, not take it off.

>

> For me, the side spin kills me on those off center shots. High right is the miss. That's where the AVX earns it's money for me. I just wish it flew higher, and that's where the left dash is supposed to be from everything I heard.

Left Dash sounds perfect for you!

• Like 1

Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway PM Grind 64*

Pro V1

> @getair23 said:

> > @tbowles411 said:

> > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > @getair23 said:

> > > > > @tbowles411 said:

> > > > > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > > > > @tbowles411 said:

> > > > > > > I'm actually excited for the left dash ProV1x!

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Really, it does not seem to fit many players. What about it are you excited for? Huge distance off the tee?

> > > > > The low spin off the driver. I can get along with both versions of the ProV1 and the X. I love the AVX but it flies too low. The thought of high launch and low spin should "hopefully" do nicely.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I don't think the Left Dash is going to be high launch. Somewhere between AVX and Pro V1 with a softer feel than the AVX. I would definitely like to see how these preform on approach shots.

> > >

> > > Interesting. I am just regurgitating what I read. I know "high launch" is all relative to something else. I am curious as well. would love to try it. Although, I tend to need spin, not take it off.

> >

> > For me, the side spin kills me on those off center shots. High right is the miss. That's where the AVX earns it's money for me. I just wish it flew higher, and that's where the left dash is supposed to be from everything I heard.

>

> Left Dash sounds perfect for you!

I hope so. I'm not afraid to spend the cash if it works. But I'd be shocked if it came in yellow. My eyes aren't as good as they used to be picking up a ball in the air! :(

> @tbowles411 said:

> > @getair23 said:

> > > @tbowles411 said:

> > > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > > @getair23 said:

> > > > > > @tbowles411 said:

> > > > > > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > > > > > @tbowles411 said:

> > > > > > > > I'm actually excited for the left dash ProV1x!

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Really, it does not seem to fit many players. What about it are you excited for? Huge distance off the tee?

> > > > > > The low spin off the driver. I can get along with both versions of the ProV1 and the X. I love the AVX but it flies too low. The thought of high launch and low spin should "hopefully" do nicely.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I don't think the Left Dash is going to be high launch. Somewhere between AVX and Pro V1 with a softer feel than the AVX. I would definitely like to see how these preform on approach shots.

> > > >

> > > > Interesting. I am just regurgitating what I read. I know "high launch" is all relative to something else. I am curious as well. would love to try it. Although, I tend to need spin, not take it off.

> > >

> > > For me, the side spin kills me on those off center shots. High right is the miss. That's where the AVX earns it's money for me. I just wish it flew higher, and that's where the left dash is supposed to be from everything I heard.

> >

> > Left Dash sounds perfect for you!

>

> I hope so. I'm not afraid to spend the cash if it works. But I'd be shocked if it came in yellow. My eyes aren't as good as they used to be picking up a ball in the air! :(

No yellow option on this one.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

I played both yellow and white today. It was so dark coming up 18 I couldn’t see the ball at all off the club, but had no problem finding the yellow ball on the ground. Might be a different story in the fall.

Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway PM Grind 64*

Pro V1

> @getair23 said:

> I played both yellow and white today. It was so dark coming up 18 I couldn’t see the ball at all off the club, but had no problem finding the yellow ball on the ground. Might be a different story in the fall.

The only times of day that are hard with yellow are those partial light times as the sun rises and sets. Then they get kinda difficult to see.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

Welp, I just read all 11 pages of this (for some reason I missed it when it was relevant).

First, I'm totally jealous of all that were able to attend. Thank you for the great write-ups and photos! It makes it very clear that Titleist cuts few to no corners, and in this day and age of trying to pinch every penny to earn extra cash, that means a lot in my opinion. Maybe one day I'll get lucky enough to win a trip out there as well! That practice facility and short game area with the pot bunkers is insanely cool. I've now envisioned a completely new home I'd like to buy one day, just so I can build something similar in the backyard.

Second, I've pretty much exclusively played Pro V1s since near their inception. Once in a blue moon I'll chase a deal and play something different, but always revert back. Recently, I was given a four-pack demo box of two TP5s and TP5Xs. I really didn't care for the Xs, but I actually enjoyed gaming those two TP5s and decided to purchase a dozen from a mom and pop shop an hour away. If I could, I'd return them immediately and buy a dozen more ProV1s like I always have after reading this thread. Reading between the lines, it sure seems like Callaway and TaylorMade are the two biggest culprits in the QC (or lack thereof) department. Now, every shot I play I will be questioning if erratic ball flights are the ball or me, especially when I have two-way miss going. Just to play devils advocate, for all we know, we could go to a ball plant of another manufacturer and they could lay out similar results that include Titleist.

I'd be curious to see or hear about Titleist's equipment manufacturing as well. I'd guess that they go through the same rigorous standards...my guess would be a definite yes. After modernizing my bag over the last year, which included phasing out a few (not all!) of my old, trusty Titleist clubs, I'd be curious to give a closer look to their clubs than I have lately as well.

> @"Big A HG" said:

> Welp, I just read all 11 pages of this (for some reason I missed it when it was relevant).

>

> First, I'm totally jealous of all that were able to attend. Thank you for the great write-ups and photos! It makes it very clear that Titleist cuts few to no corners, and in this day and age of trying to pinch every penny to earn extra cash, that means a lot in my opinion. Maybe one day I'll get lucky enough to win a trip out there as well! That practice facility and short game area with the pot bunkers is insanely cool. I've now envisioned a completely new home I'd like to buy one day, just so I can build something similar in the backyard.

>

> Second, I've pretty much exclusively played Pro V1s since near their inception. Once in a blue moon I'll chase a deal and play something different, but always revert back. Recently, I was given a four-pack demo box of two TP5s and TP5Xs. I really didn't care for the Xs, but I actually enjoyed gaming those two TP5s and decided to purchase a dozen from a mom and pop shop an hour away. If I could, I'd return them immediately and buy a dozen more ProV1s like I always have after reading this thread. Reading between the lines, it sure seems like Callaway and TaylorMade are the two biggest culprits in the QC (or lack thereof) department. Now, every shot I play I will be questioning if erratic ball flights are the ball or me, especially when I have two-way miss going. Just to play devils advocate, for all we know, we could go to a ball plant of another manufacturer and they could lay out similar results that include Titleist.

>

> I'd be curious to see or hear about Titleist's equipment manufacturing as well. I'd guess that they go through the same rigorous standards...my guess would be a definite yes. After modernizing my bag over the last year, which included phasing out a few (not all!) of my old, trusty Titleist clubs, I'd be curious to give a closer look to their clubs than I have lately as well.

I actually asked about a similar tour for equipment. Sad to say, there isn’t one. I’d be first in line to sign up.