Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

I get that "invitation" by mail every 2 weeks and in email at least a couple times a month. After the last one where they basically tried to guilt you into a gift of $200+ to "protect the game" ... I told them off on Twitter amongst other places. However, they continue to bother me. I finally sent an "Unsubscribe" notice to them so let's see if that works.

It would be rDNA sequencing I think... and that could be by 2D-PAGE (PolyAcrylamide Gel Electrophoresis) or 3D-PAGE (SDS-PAGE), or the more current equivalent method. Might be using a LC-MS or GC-MS along with the PAGE methods... I'm not up to date on the DNA sequencing methods used today. I probably should be more up to date... I feel shame.

• Like 3

Sean, yessir I read about the two main engineers and have seen their WRX interviews. I won’t pay into the thousands for the 0311 just on principle (I’m cheap) but the 0211 went on sale, and being cast hopefully will outlast me. I look at them as what my Eye 2s or S59s were, only “refined”

lots of Chinese traffic thru SeaTac airport here; there is a quarantine “camp” set up near Snoqualmie Pass at the Fire Academy for those who can’t quarantine at home. People are I think overdoing it but yessir it’s a nasty little bug.

Rad, yessir still have the baby blades! I love them BUT; it’s like owning a performance car and needing a commuter too. There are days when I’m just not mentally focused enough to put a good swing on them and they’re just too pretty to use on some of the courses around here. Rocks, waste area sand, looks like a gravel mine, etc. DeNinja would not approve lol

I haven’t connected with him in awhile; been focused on rehab and getting my body in a better place. Just got too fat to be frank.

My golf trips have been close to home or work related and I’m still having issues with long car rides Getting better though day by day.

Excited for spring I bought the Black Friday Punch Card for Gold Mountain and it came with two extra rounds for a total of 12 for $300. The course is a bargain at twice the price.https://goldmountaingolf.com/

• Like 3
Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Apex '19 3H HZRDUS Handcrafted HYB 85g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
Callaway Jaws Raw 54.10S / 58.8Z
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

Outlaw Golf Association #21

That is a beautiful place Dan. 12 rounds for $300 is a steal. $25 a round with cart too? WOW!

• Like 3

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

Spectacular looking course, well groomed. I think though the cost in golf balls would have me walking round and not playing at least two holes.?

• Like 4

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

Last procedure this morning, CT scan of whole body, results within two days but the way everything is now moving along no problems expected. @dan360 pleased for you, nothing is easy with those operations but as I said before, life will be good after full recovery. After nearly 40 years DW has not looked back.

• Like 4

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Yep you keep mentioning the 68s---- Believe it or not I have a set and have not played them in a year or 2----- I need to get them out and dust them off---- One of 2 "conforming" sets of irons I own the other set being a set of 2013 Callaway X-forged

• Like 3

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* TT Sensicore S-400

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

I'm not a big fan of the shafts I put in those 68s. Project x 6.0. They seem to spin lot.

I do have a pretty good feel for clubs and such. The way I work on my game can be called mechanical because I'm always experimenting but I'm usually searching for feels. If you know your tendencies you can fix things mid round by having go to feels when theres something awry. If I hit a bad shot I don't automatically change things but the same miss for 3 or 4 in a row and I'll look for a feel that can usually correct it. Sometimes overcorrect. Lmao. I dont have a bunch just a couple of "go tos". A lot of times I think I'm hitting pulls and my alignment is off.

Around the greens im decent. Some days better than others but that part of my game developed because I missed a lot greens. Now, that I've throttled back and use more club its gotten much better. I always try to remember with the short game to error on the side of making the next shot a putt. My buddy always says when I try to get too cute with a short shot and miss "just get it on the green". I laugh and tell him to "STFU" but hes right. Lol

• Like 3

Non Conforming irons surely you jest my friend--- That is 99% SOP for me---- Someone here on WRX or at the USGA may fall over dead over the thought of me actually playing a set of conforming irons and wedges too

• Like 3

My Ping S58s that you, my friend, re-shafted, re-gripped and adjusted for me are my front line gamers......

and they ain't conforming and I would be happy, if requested, to shove any one of them up a blue

blazered USGA a**...................................nah. they don't deserve to have sh***y faces.

• Like 2

SLED Gemini

I did think when we moved into our present house it was never going to be altered. That finished when son decided to upgrade his bedroom wardrobes, and now DW has decided she would like an alteration to our smaller lounge room. At present it is open, no doors and the entrance is around 7ft wide, we are going to build a wall across half of of it and fit a sliding barn door so it can be closed off when required. Of course this is not the finish, it has to be painted, new colour that will require three coats to cover the old darker colour and the carpet is going and a wooden floating floor will be fitted. Son and I have done several of these and it usually takes sround four hours to lay the wood and then another two hours to finish the edges. Hopefully it will be finished within the next three weeks, DW is taking full advantage of my better health?.

• Like 3

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Well Stu, I went down and got my DOT Physical today. This is the first time I actually had to pay for it myself; cost me $100.

Even though I'm retired I want to keep my CDL current and my medical just expired so I went and got the re-certification.

Funny how some things you just don't want to let go of. I don't plan to ever drive a big truck again but I guess it's nice to

know I can if I need to for some reason.

• Like 2

SLED Gemini

We now require an annual physical, in Queensland it’s a condition of your DL when over 75. DW reaches that in March so next week is off to the doc. We have a good relationship with our doctor so do not envisage any problem. I do wonder how some drivers pass the test though when you see them walking to a car and they can hardly make it.

• Like 3

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

That has been a bad word to me for some time---- Three things that will get me started on a raving rant----- Mocking the Man upstairs, Vietnam and the USGA. Those that know me know what I am talking about on the first one. I am trying to say it within confines of forum rules.

• Like 3

Yeah I had to have mine redone so much bureaucratic BS these days. My Doc who I play golf with is one of the top Cardiologists in the SE. He took over my health care when my old Doc retired. He did my physical the other week and according to the DOT it is not legal. Now for a Doc to do a DOT he has to take a course and test and be on the national registry for the DOT. He does not need that for his practice. He did send my records down to CVS to the minute clinic and it was done there. He also sent out the readouts for my CPAT machine. Everything checked out great and I got re certified. The Practitioner did ask me if I was going to keep my license up I told her more than likely. What is funny when I sent it in to the state they rejected it due to no "National Registry" number and no one with the DMV in the Great State of SC knew what it was. I had to research it on my own and found out what it was and got the list of approved people to do one in my area. That incensed me the fact that no one with the DMV knew anything about it. Trust me I have filed formal complaints with our Governor's office and State DMV plus I filed a formal complaint with the FMCSA in Washington DC. I told our esteemed Governor that it appealed me as a taxpayer and a property owner in this state that I was helping paying the salaries of total jackass idiots that did not know their job. I also further stated to him that it is also appealed me that I was getting so much hassle trying to earn a honest living when about 65% of this state will not attempt to work and draw welfare etc. Told him further more I ought to bill the state for my time researching something that they should have known to tell me. I also told the FMCSA they need to educate these clowns here or take over the FMCSA CDL program here and charge the State of SC for it. I also contacted my state representatives on the whole mess too. All of this was on Monday and I had to take off work to get it all done and I pointed it out to the Gov too that I was not productive that day and earned any money and thus did not generate any tax revenue for the state. Waiting to see if I get any response from anyone

• Like 3

South Carolina will give anyone a license as long as you can fog a mirror. Further more there is a separate Moped license. Now if you have a regular license then you are ok on a Moped. If you lose your regular license for say DUI you can go get a Moped license. Further more if you lose your license for DUI when you get reinstated you have to carry SR-22 insurance for a certain period of time. Most of these drunks around here just drink and ride Mopeds holding up traffic and causing accidents. Now they did revamp part of the law in Jan 19. They now have to have a metal state issued Moped tag but still no insurance.

• Like 3

Wow, especially in your case with everything that must be done to get a dental license..................I remember you saying you may

still do some work on family if they want or need you too.

• Like 2

SLED Gemini

Wow, I heard South Carolina is a PITA when it comes to getting a CDL. I spent about an hour yesterday getting my medical

re-certified. I called a small clinic down the street from my house and asked them if they did DOT physicals and they said

yes, come on down. Easy peasy and they faxed everything to the Alabama DMV and the FMCSA; so I didn't have to mess

with any bureaucracies, lol.

There were no questions on the forms about sleep apnea; which surprised me since it's a major cause of driver fatigue

(for those who have un-diagnosed/un-treated sleep apnea).

• Like 2

SLED Gemini

Rad there was one on mine about sleep apnea

• Like 3

I really thought when I retired I would watch more golf on TV but I really don't watch that much. Seems like only

the big events draw me in; majors, player's etc.; and even with those I don't watch all the coverage. I guess the

bottom line is I'd rather play than watch.

• Like 1

SLED Gemini

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)