MP-60

exlinegolf

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone had the chance to try out the new MP-60's???  How do they  compare to the MP-32's, accuracy, forgiveness, feel distance?  as well as other clubs that they are similar, TM RAC's etc??

47766[/snapback]

I know another poster on another forum who's a very good player, I think he's about a 3 or 4 handicap. He loves equipment and uses the mp32. (I also use the mp32s). He absolutely loves and raves about his 32s and recently ordered a custom set ( + half inch shafts) set of mp60s. He said they have the same great feel and they were slightly more forgiving. Personally , I've looked at the 60s a few times and have hit them indoors a few times. I'm getting a set soon, hopefully this week. Yesterday I was playing an upscale course down In Rhode Island, walked into the proshop and the Head Professional had his Cleveland Tour bag in the middle of the room, sort of on display and had a brand new set of mp60s and they looked incredible. He also had 2 awesome Clev CG10 webges and a G2. I looked at the 60s next to mine and am completely sold. I really like my mp32s, but am looking for just a tiny bit more forgiveness and larger sweetspot and I belive the 60s have that.

I think the one thing that struck me was the thicker top line of the 60's next to the 32's. Looks quite similar to the 30's. When I look at my 32 wedge, I know I can hit it and control it. It is one the finest looking PW's I've seen in a long time. looks better than my 33 wedge!!! I guess it's a difference of forgiveness versus looks. I am wondering how much more forgiveness could their be in the 60?? I get all the distance I want out of my 32's. Sometimes too much, if you can believe that!! I just played the Mon Qual for the Duestche Bank in Boston, and had a player in my3some, that plays on the Hooters, he was using the 32's and according to him I guess they're becoming a cult club on the mini's!! Where did you play in RI??? Thanks

I use the 32 and I have hit the 60. From what I took from it is that they were more forgiving and hit it higher but felt just as sweet as the 32 do. The shafts were not the same though so that might have also led to the higher trajectory. I use s400 and the 60 had TFR 5.5 in it. I could honestly see a 2, 4-5 in the mp60 to go with my 32. They really match up well.

Where do you guys get fit for Mizzy's in MA/RI? I'm sizing up the MP-60s for next spring, and wondering where around here (15 miles outside Boston) to get fit.

And for upscale in RI, I'll guess Newport National. Great course. And the monday qualifier at Stow North, fav course in the area...

47832[/snapback]

I don't!! I've used the same specs for the past 10 or so years, plus I have my own shop, so if somethings out of whack I can generally fix it. The only place I recommend that does a good job, is Joe & Leighs in Easton, MA, which is not too far from you. During the season, they sponsor a demo day every 6 weeks at the Golf Learning Center in Norton, MA. The Mizuno rep they have had for the past 2 seasons has been exc.. Newport Nat, great track, I played the N.E. Open qualifiers, about 2 years ago!!

I think the one thing that struck me was the thicker top line of the 60's next to the 32's.  Looks quite similar to the 30's.  When I look at my 32 wedge, I know I can hit it and control it.  It is one the finest looking PW's I've seen in a long time.  looks better than my 33 wedge!!!  I guess it's a difference of forgiveness versus looks.  I am wondering how much more forgiveness could their be in the 60??  I get all the distance I want out of my 32's.  Sometimes too much, if you can believe that!!  I just played the Mon Qual for the Duestche Bank in Boston, and had a player in my3some, that plays on the Hooters, he was using the 32's and according to him I guess they're becoming a cult club on the mini's!!  Where did you play in RI???  Thanks

47781[/snapback]

Hey, I played Newport National yesterday, my wife had a seminar in Newport and I had 8 hours to kill. It turned out to be a decent day down there, some rain, but never opened the umbrella and it was 70, but very windy. I absolutely loved the course, it was fantastic. I bought my 60s at Golfers Warehouse in Mass today.

I think the one thing that struck me was the thicker top line of the 60's next to the 32's.  Looks quite similar to the 30's.  When I look at my 32 wedge, I know I can hit it and control it.  It is one the finest looking PW's I've seen in a long time.   looks better than my 33 wedge!!!  I guess it's a difference of forgiveness versus looks.   I am wondering how much more forgiveness could their be in the 60??  I get all the distance I want out of my 32's.  Sometimes too much, if you can believe that!!  I just played the Mon Qual for the Duestche Bank in Boston, and had a player in my3some, that plays on the Hooters, he was using the 32's and according to him I guess they're becoming a cult club on the mini's!!  Where did you play in RI???  Thanks

47781[/snapback]

Hey, I played Newport National yesterday, my wife had a seminar in Newport and I had 8 hours to kill. It turned out to be a decent day down there, some rain, but never opened the umbrella and it was 70, but very windy. I absolutely loved the course, it was fantastic. I bought my 60s at Golfers Warehouse in Mass today.

47911[/snapback]

Noticed you have the 32's also!! Why the switch to the 60's???

Has anyone had the chance to try out the new MP-60's???  How do they  compare to the MP-32's, accuracy, forgiveness, feel distance?  as well as other clubs that they are similar, TM RAC's etc??

47766[/snapback]

I know another poster on another forum who's a very good player, I think he's about a 3 or 4 handicap. He loves equipment and uses the mp32. (I also use the mp32s). He absolutely loves and raves about his 32s and recently ordered a custom set ( + half inch shafts) set of mp60s. He said they have the same great feel and they were slightly more forgiving. Personally , I've looked at the 60s a few times and have hit them indoors a few times. I'm getting a set soon, hopefully this week. Yesterday I was playing an upscale course down In Rhode Island, walked into the proshop and the Head Professional had his Cleveland Tour bag in the middle of the room, sort of on display and had a brand new set of mp60s and they looked incredible. He also had 2 awesome Clev CG10 webges and a G2. I looked at the 60s next to mine and am completely sold. I really like my mp32s, but am looking for just a tiny bit more forgiveness and larger sweetspot and I belive the 60s have that.

47769[/snapback]

btw- got my mp60s today. They look great!! Std lie, DGS300. Posted a pic at whats in the bag.

Where do you guys get fit for Mizzy's in MA/RI? I'm sizing up the MP-60s for next spring, and wondering where around here (15 miles outside Boston) to get fit.

And for upscale in RI, I'll guess Newport National. Great course. And the monday qualifier at Stow North, fav course in the area...

47832[/snapback]

you guessed right. I showed up yesterday at Newpt National, just 12 cars in the parking lot, i think everybody thought it would be a wash out, the sprinkle rain didn't bother me at all. I absolutely loved the course, can't wait to go back. I got fitted at Golfer's Warehouse in Danvers, MA.

I think the one thing that struck me was the thicker top line of the 60's next to the 32's.  Looks quite similar to the 30's.  When I look at my 32 wedge, I know I can hit it and control it.  It is one the finest looking PW's I've seen in a long time.   looks better than my 33 wedge!!!  I guess it's a difference of forgiveness versus looks.   I am wondering how much more forgiveness could their be in the 60??  I get all the distance I want out of my 32's.  Sometimes too much, if you can believe that!!  I just played the Mon Qual for the Duestche Bank in Boston, and had a player in my3some, that plays on the Hooters, he was using the 32's and according to him I guess they're becoming a cult club on the mini's!!  Where did you play in RI???  Thanks

47781[/snapback]

47911[/snapback]

Noticed you have the 32's also!! Why the switch to the 60's???

47913[/snapback]

I really like the mp32s. I play to a 6 cap and when I looked at the 60s I was amazed at how good they looked and knew I'd probably get a tiny bit more forgiveness, so I couldn't resist. I was going to wait till after the new year, but figured I trade a set of callys I don't use anymore and big the bullet.

I think the one thing that struck me was the thicker top line of the 60's next to the 32's.  Looks quite similar to the 30's.  When I look at my 32 wedge, I know I can hit it and control it.  It is one the finest looking PW's I've seen in a long time.  looks better than my 33 wedge!!!  I guess it's a difference of forgiveness versus looks.  I am wondering how much more forgiveness could their be in the 60??  I get all the distance I want out of my 32's.  Sometimes too much, if you can believe that!!  I just played the Mon Qual for the Duestche Bank in Boston, and had a player in my3some, that plays on the Hooters, he was using the 32's and according to him I guess they're becoming a cult club on the mini's!!  Where did you play in RI???  Thanks

47781[/snapback]

you think the topline is THICKER on the mp-60's?? from what I've seen the sole and topline are thinner which is perfect for me.........jmho

I also own both sets - Mp-32 4-pw and Mp-60 4-pw.

Do I have to tell ya' they're great :pimp:

Currently I use a combo set of them: 4-7 Mp-60, 8-PW Mp-32

My handicap currently is 5.6 - just love this combo-set - even better than Bridgestone J33, I think - Mizuno Sweet butter feel :idhitit: :cheesy:

(cool) :ok: :cheesy: :cheesy: :bb: :D

Do I have to tell ya' they're great (cool)

My handicap currently is 5.6 - just love this combo-set - even better than Bridgestone J33, I think - Mizuno Sweet butter feel  :idhitit:  :pimp:

:ok: :bb:  :cheesy:  :cheesy:  :D :D

48173[/snapback]

wow, thats scary, not only do you and I both have 32's and 60s, but I also have an index of 5.6. I was also thinking about doing a combo with mine, but will have to try the 60s and give them a good work out soon and see what happens. :cheesy:

Rather than wait till next season I decided to give these things a run sooner so I went over to golfclubdemo.com and have a set of MP60 Stiff on the way. I know they may not be 100% the spec I end up with but I can't stand waiting any longer ... I want to know how they compare to my ancient Head Premise CB now.

Here's hoping they're like butter :idhitit:

Do I have to tell ya' they're great (cool)

My handicap currently is 5.6 - just love this combo-set - even better than Bridgestone J33, I think - Mizuno Sweet butter feel  :idhitit:  :pimp:

:ok: :bb:  :cheesy:  :cheesy:  :D :D

48173[/snapback]

wow, thats scary, not only do you and I both have 32's and 60s, but I also have an index of 5.6. I was also thinking about doing a combo with mine, but will have to try the 60s and give them a good work out soon and see what happens. :cheesy:

48288[/snapback]

Okay now we are in spookyville. I have both 32s and 60s and a 5.6 index.

Do I have to tell ya' they're great :D

My handicap currently is 5.6 - just love this combo-set - even better than Bridgestone J33, I think - Mizuno Sweet butter feel  :idhitit:  :ok:

:angry22: :angry22:  :cheesy:  :cheesy:  :angry22: :angry22:

48173[/snapback]

wow, thats scary, not only do you and I both have 32's and 60s, but I also have an index of 5.6. I was also thinking about doing a combo with mine, but will have to try the 60s and give them a good work out soon and see what happens. (cool)

48288[/snapback]

Okay now we are in spookyville. I have both 32s and 60s and a 5.6 index.

48434[/snapback]

Holy crap.......any more with a 5.6 'cap and Mp-32 & Mp-60 in the bag....come on guys :cheesy: :pimp:

Seriously - I can't decide which I like the best - Mp-32, because of the blade like apperance and forgiveness like a cavity back or the Mp-60 because of the tiny extra forgiveness and still looks like a beauty at setup - both are clear winner sin my book :bb: :D :angry22:

claus, starbux. the handicap thing is too much.  We should get together and have a skins game with our mizzies.  lol.  :pimp:

48561[/snapback]

Yeahhh.... I'm on - when can we play :idhitit: :cheesy:

I'm in Copenhagen, Denmark - where are you :ok:

Let's burn some grass and hit our Mizzies together :cheesy:(cool):cheesy:

claus, starbux. the handicap thing is too much.  We should get together and have a skins game with our mizzies.  lol.   :idhitit:

48561[/snapback]

We'll play MP-32s on the front and MP-60s on the back.

48590[/snapback]

Yeahhh good idea - and then I'll play my MP T Black Nickel on the front 9 and my MP Chrome on the back 9 :cheesy: